Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-14-2007, 03:40 AM

@Wish - I'm a fanfic writer too, but I haven't never written a clamp one. xD

@Khiro, go ahead and start one! xD I'll be in there with ya! Yes the fact that they change it makes it all so much awesome. Have you seen Savers yet?

I know! *squeels* I'm a sucker for Syaoran and Sakura. <3 I think it's rather cute. Yukito and Touya is more of gah! toothache from too much fluffiness! xD I have no idea where my FaixKuro obsession started. ^^;;;

Sadistic is good for Subaru and Sei-kun! xD Makes the pairing oh so much darker. *grins* Though I liked Subaru better in Tokyo Babylon then in X, sweet naive Subaru. *hugs*

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 03-14-2007, 04:00 AM

X/1999, CCS or MKR.

I didn't like Wish, Clover, Chobits, XXXholic was alright... Angelic Layer was cute, but the anime was terribly done. I never finished the manga so I don't know what it was any better.

I own all of the CLAMP art books, though. I love their art. Their story telling isn't always that great, IMHO.

` Toxic Whispers
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-14-2007, 05:40 AM

• xxxHolic and Wish!
    It was upsetting that Wish was only 3 volumes! D:
    Angelic Layer was pretty good...
    I only read the first two volumes though.
    xxxHolic is still going. Tsubasa isn't all that great though.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-14-2007, 06:00 AM

Wish is actually 4 volumes. *nods*

Katherdante
。❛ヮ❛...

Old 03-14-2007, 07:01 AM

Clamp is pretty much the bread and butter of anime. It is like the staple food for anime/manga lovers. You know the art quality, character development and story will always be enrapturing and memorable! Right up there with Hayao Miyazaki. They are like the super friends, all female team for manga! *laughing*

Now thats a fan picture that would be fun to draw, especially since they have those adorable animal people chibi versions of themselves!

I also find it amusing they have such a wide breadth of genera in which they cover. If one didn't know it would be hard to imagine the same group that produced X also did Card Captor Sakura. (just for instance)

Is it just me or is the quality control on how their work is translated into anime from their manga also usually fairly well done as well?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-14-2007, 07:11 AM

Not sure on that one. I normally don't get a chance to watch anime. From what I keep hearing, the animes are never as good. The art is good (from my understanding) but the plot gets all messed up. *shrugs* I'm not sure.

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-14-2007, 04:04 PM

CLAMP-based animes are always terrible compared to the manga. I have a feeling this has a lot to do with their art being so cute but their stories rather dark.

khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-15-2007, 12:18 AM

@stilettolover: Really? I really liked the Angelic Layer anime! It was waaaaay better than the manga...They manga was like CLAMP quickie attempt at doing something shounen. I liked the art style that they used, but the story and characters were greatly lacking...A lot of things didn't quite make sense in terms of the characters who ended up hooking up and it was just a happy fluffy series, while the anime had a lot more character development and depth, although the big points were covered. Their art is amazing though and I have...a large amount of their art books~ Not quite all of them...I'm missing at least two of the CCS ones and I think I don't have the first MKR one...Blah CLAMP has too many artbooks XP

@Toxic Whispers: Like Seito said...Wish is four volumes~

@Katherdante: I agree~ CLAMP is very much an essential~ Yea =D CLAMP has pretty much tried a bit of everything and once they've felt they've done well in the area or genre they move on to something else =D Mmm I think it's mixed. A lot of them translate decently well because their main writer works on the anime~ Sometimes Mokona does the character designs for some of the series as well

wish

Old 03-15-2007, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiro
@Seito: For sure Digimon's better in my opinion too XD Should we start up a Digimon thread so we can talk about Digimon =D? I think because it aims at a younger audience it's usually stop the bad guy from destroying/taking over the world, but at the same time they do really different things to change it up with each new season =D It makes it fun too since you want to see how they're going to handle it and change things up~

Syaoran and Sakura is so sweet ;~; So is YukitoxTouya! I have mixed feelings towards Fai and Kurogane...Like I like it, I'm ok with it, but I don't really like it I guess! I like Seishirou and Subaru too! Bittersweet and sadistic kind of relationship XD

@Wish: Go ahead and mention 'em XD I don't think we'll hate you since it's just your opinion in terms of pairings ne? Plus I'd like to hear your reasons for liking the ones that you do~

rofl.. okay. They're mostly for CCS though, I was so so on the pairing of Nakuru + Yue, wrote two one shots for them. I did a few Meiling loving Syaoran but not getting him angst ones. ;d I love Meiling. <33 Because it's not her fault she fell in love with Syaoran. And I think it's sweet (save the cousin thing.. xD) that children grow up together and then fall for each other. I was attempting to write a Hiiragizawa + Meiling.. xD But I stopped because I didn't really feel like writing it much more. LOL

As for Inu Yasha, I like Kikyou. A LOT. rofl. <3 I never wrote any, but I read a few of the GOOD ones. She's darling, and you can tell she's not truely evil and her intentions aren't always bad. Besides, I always thought that if the story was written in Kikyou's point of view, if Inu Yasha was about Kikyou and Inu Yasha falling in love, their past and then somehow it went through their betrayal + stuff, then all the little Kagome lovers would probably root for Kikyou instead. 'Cause they're biased for the female lead like that. XD I attempted a Yue + Meiling, just because they both hide their feelings.. >>; but i didn't post it. LOL. For CCS I just like ODD pairings because the norm bore me to death. xD

I wrote a Kare Kano one... :d With Kazuma + Tsubasa... XD They're so cuteee. :] Although I liked the Tsubasa + Arima, because of the childhood friends thing, he just matched too much with Yukino. rofl. So I was glad that Tsubasa got someone else.

Ah, those weren't CLAMP except for CCS, but yeah.. XD

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-15-2007, 04:04 PM

@Khiro:
The anime started off really well, but it needed to be twice as long to be done right. Everything was really rushed and the last three or four episodes made like... no sense at all to me. >.>; I was like "Guhh... Wait.."

khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-16-2007, 05:30 AM

@Stilettolover: Ah...I guess so, but a lot of series end up getting the 'rush' treatment when the manga are shorter or unfinished. If you've read the manga for Angelic Layer it goes at least five times faster than the anime went...Like...There was maybe a total of six shown battles in the manga and a lot of the manga didn't really make sense. I remember that it made a lot of sense to me, but I might need to rewatch it because it's been awhile~ They way they set it up it made a lot more sense than in the manga...Like why Misaki's mom left and the pairings at the end of the series had more reasoning to it.

@wish: Ah that's cool =D Nothing wrong with those pairings~ I think a lot of people do that with certian series and CCS is just yours~

Awe! I think Kazuma and Tsubasa is really cute! I like Tonami and Sakura more though! I think that pairing is really sweet...The whole revenge, but I'm really in love with you because you protected me when I was little thing *_* Guh! Luff!

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-16-2007, 05:59 AM

=( It was just a real rush. It made sense, but it was so overly soap operaish it was ridiculous.. which is what didn't make sense to me. I don't know why they cramed it all into the end like that.

wish

Old 03-16-2007, 10:34 AM

yaay. XD I've had people yell at me because it wasn't "right."

Enniel
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-18-2007, 06:29 PM

I have only read chobits...it was pretty good :3

Chroma
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Chroma

Old 03-20-2007, 03:20 AM

Definitely Clover and Legal drug. X,D

Cerena
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-20-2007, 04:05 AM

Thanks to this thread, I actually went out and read Kobato and... fell in love. She is just SO ADORABLE. XD I wonder what happened to the team that was scanslating it though, it only got up to 4 chapters and apparently there's been a 5th out for a while :C

momus
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via Yahoo to momus

Old 03-20-2007, 04:07 AM

xxxholic has to be my favorite right now, though I love Chobits, too. 8)

neko79
*^_^*

Old 03-20-2007, 10:55 AM

Well that is definitely extremely hard to choose
I personally Loves Clamp
Though i must admit i don't really like chobitsu that much
But considering its targeted masses i guess that its usual XP

I started reading their Tokyo Babylon and RG veda
Not a good series to start i must say
End up crying like mad for both series

THen there is Wish which is definitely lighter
then inbetween there is Clover and Clamp Campus detectives and those single and double short volumes

After which i started CCS and totally love clow and Yue and touya
XXXholic and tsubasa are both very interesting. XXXHolic since i love ghost stories and doumeiki is so kakkoi and tsubasa since i get to see old characters drawn in new style.

Another one which is as usual of them, incomplete, is lawful drug which i find extremely interesting.
Kobuto is okay but i have to buy the tankouban for it and read it as a whole first before i will pass judgement.

And last but not least X.. i don't really like X since as usual its bad for my heart and it killed off my favourite character seishirousama T_T

HonoRaven
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to HonoRaven Send a message via Yahoo to HonoRaven

Old 03-20-2007, 03:04 PM

Tsubasa, great series

Elwing
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-21-2007, 02:07 PM

Gosh :'D I'm such a big CLAMP fan o___O

Favorites:
Angelic Layer
Chobits
Cardcaptor Sakura

I would like to see Magic Knights Rayearth soon,
I am also trying to follow Tsubasa Chronicle Resovoir, but I can't find season
1 on bittorent anywere :'(
And xxxHolic isnt my thing, kinda too hard for me to understand, cause
English is not my main language XD

I also collect CLAMP manga. I have the whole Chobits serie, a few
Cardcaptor Sakura master of Clow, an Angelic Layer (trying to collect these),
2 xxxHolic and (I believe) 2 Tsubasa's, and I also have 'The One I Love'.

Few of my favorite characters:
Kaede (Angelic Layer), Yuzuki (Chobits), Tomoyo (CCS), Yukito (CCS), Faye or however you write it (Tsubasa)

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-21-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwing
Gosh :'D I'm such a big CLAMP fan o___O

Favorites:
Angelic Layer
Chobits
Cardcaptor Sakura

I would like to see Magic Knights Rayearth soon,
I am also trying to follow Tsubasa Chronicle Resovoir, but I can't find season
1 on bittorent anywere :'(
And xxxHolic isnt my thing, kinda too hard for me to understand, cause
English is not my main language XD

I also collect CLAMP manga. I have the whole Chobits serie, a few
Cardcaptor Sakura master of Clow, an Angelic Layer (trying to collect these),
2 xxxHolic and (I believe) 2 Tsubasa's, and I also have 'The One I Love'.

Few of my favorite characters:
Kaede (Angelic Layer), Yuzuki (Chobits), Tomoyo (CCS), Yukito (CCS), Faye or however you write it (Tsubasa)
season 1 has been licenced by... a company >.> *doesn't remember the name* but season 2 hasn't been yet... I think *doesn't keep up with licensing anymore* So it's gonna be a little bit harder for you to find it.

And not that I'm encouraging it... <.< >.> but try youtube. They might (keyword might) have it. ^^;;;

Ayumui
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-22-2007, 09:55 PM

I'd have to say I love X and Tokyo Babylon the most out of all the CLAMP series I've read. They're really different from all the rest of CLAMP's works since they don't have all the sparkly shoujo-ness. I like manga that can really mess with your head and those two series really made me cry XD I see that CLAMP gets repetitive and uses the same themes again in some of their works so I choose X and TB over the others XP They're much darker and boy, do I enjoy seeing bishies tear each other into pieces limb by limb XD

Doodlekaboodle
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Doodlekaboodle

Old 03-24-2007, 06:18 AM

I love chobits.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-24-2007, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumui
They're much darker and boy, do I enjoy seeing bishies tear each other into pieces limb by limb XD
I know what you mean. *drools over Subaru and Seishirou* Watching those two go back and forth with their twisted relationship, wanting to kill each other but really loving one another. One of my top favorite pairings from Clamp. xD

Mentis

Old 03-24-2007, 09:46 AM

I like :
Chobits
Cardcaptor Sakura
Tsubasa Chronicle
Clover