khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2007, 04:56 PM

I love Digimon and it was one of my earlie favorites! Digimon will always have a special place in my heart and I was wondering if anyone else liked Digimon...favorite characters, favorite seasons...anything Digimon related basically XD Feel free to discuss =D

My favorite season is 02 and my favorite character is Ken *_*

June Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2007, 07:20 PM

Middle school, that was my show!! xD I will always love the first two season...I hated that they grew up at the end, especially since TK and Kari din't end up together. Kari was my favorite. Season 3 was pretty good too, but season 4 sucked ass. I didn't like whatshername and the whole turning into digimon was just stupid.

Hazel Harwood
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Hazel Harwood

Old 03-13-2007, 08:11 PM

I watched the first two television series ^.^ After the third series, they cancelled it. I still want to see them, but now I an going to have to download them off the internet

Anyways, I think they should have added more to the first and second series. They left so many unanswered questions! The third series should have been with the same characters as the first and second series...Well, that is what I think anyways >.-

June Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2007, 08:41 PM

I agree. The 4th season came on abc family or a while though. >>

Hazel Harwood
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-14-2007, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulty Roses...
I agree. The 4th season came on abc family or a while though. >>
Really? o_o I am going to have to find that channel now on my t.v...That will be fun, I have over 700 channels to look through
Either that or I can just download all the seasons...

June Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-14-2007, 02:02 AM

xD I think you should stick to your original idea of downloading them. x3

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-14-2007, 03:53 AM

I enjoyed the First season greatly.

The second season, was okay.

I actually missed a lot of the third season. At first I didn't like it because it was huge shift from season 1 and 2. But it grew on me.

Season four I liked the idea. I didn't like all the characters too much (I loved Takuya and Kouji and perhaps Kounichi... but everyone else was kinda... *stares* I don't like you).

From what I've seen in the fifth season, well It's gonna need some time to grow on me.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 03-14-2007, 05:06 AM

I was only into the first and second seasons. Yamato and Ken were LOVE. <3

I got into Digimon pretty late. They were rerunning the first season when I first saw it. I was going to ignore it till Yamato came along to grace his presence. :D

khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-14-2007, 06:04 AM

@Faulty Roses: XD It was Jr High for me~ The first two seasons for sure have special places in my heart! I especially love 02~ I know I think a lot of people were really upset with how season 2 ended, myyself included! Like only two couples were techinically together and everyone was sure that Matt and Sora got a divorce and everyone else ended up with like clones of themselves XD

@Hazel Harwood: Awe that sucks! You can download them off of Wolfpack (http://www.wpp-fansubs.com/) I really thing so too but they decided that they wanted to end it there *sighs*

Over here they started showing season 4(Frontier) on UPN/channel 13 and I don't know how far they got into the series and yea they used to show it on ABC family, but I mainly watch it on Toon Disney because of the times they show it~

@Seito: First wins for plot, but I loved the characters from season 2~ Season three was a lot better than I thought it was going to be and it had me crying at alot of points! I really need to get me more of season 3 ;~;

Yea~ I really liked the premise for 4 and Takuya and Kouji are awesome, but it got tiresome =/ It did get a lot of interesting developments, but I haven't had the chance to finish it up yet~

I liked the first ep of the fifth season, but I haven't managed to watch more of it yet, but I really like the designs for a bunch of the characters~

@ToriKat: XD I think what matters is that you got into it~

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-14-2007, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiro

@Seito: First wins for plot, but I loved the characters from season 2~ Season three was a lot better than I thought it was going to be and it had me crying at alot of points! I really need to get me more of season 3 ;~;

Yea~ I really liked the premise for 4 and Takuya and Kouji are awesome, but it got tiresome =/ It did get a lot of interesting developments, but I haven't had the chance to finish it up yet~

I liked the first ep of the fifth season, but I haven't managed to watch more of it yet, but I really like the designs for a bunch of the characters~
Well the thing I liked most about season 2 was that the characters were older (by that time I was getting tired of pokemon and the fact that Ash never aged). Yup yup, I think that hardest part was adjusting from season 1 mind frame to season 2 and I had a hard time accepting it. xD I loved season 1 so much, that accepting season 2 was hard. ^^;;;

Yeah season three was awesome. Offered some great theories about the digital world. Some parts of the plot left me unimpressed. I wasn't particularly fond of the whole Juri goes crazy idea either. But the way they did it was excellent. The three (Henry, Takato, and Rika) are my favorites.

Again Season 4 offered great theories and ideas... not so great story telling. The ending isn't that great in my opinion. Kinda lacking the warm fuzzy feeling that the rest had.

I saw about three episodes of season 5? Yeah the designs are great. *nods* I don't know about the plot. The first three episodes didn't really grab my attention and the main character better get a pair of googles!

Hazel Harwood
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-14-2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulty Roses...
xD I think you should stick to your original idea of downloading them. x3

Yeah, I think that would be the better idea

khiro - o_o Thank you so much for the link. I will definately check it out first before I try to find other places to download from

Aiyana
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Aiyana

Old 03-14-2007, 05:19 PM

Still one of my favorite series despite the weak plot. XDD I love the spaghetti limbs and the cute character design of the series.

Super Pantless Girl
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-14-2007, 05:50 PM

Okay, so maybe my age is showing, but I started watching this show in elementary school, and it was the show, as far as I was concerned. It was the first anime I wholeheartedly jumped on.

The first season will always have a special place in my memories. My favorite character, while hard to decide, was probably Jou. He was just really sweet, and he was often the voice of common sense. And maybe Gomamon was the cutest of all the Digimon, at least until Gatomon came along, and made me wonder which one was more adorable. So far, it's still a tie.

Season two... Well, Daisuke was hot. I don't care what anyone else thinks, for I became a rabid DaiKari fan, and still am one, though I really have read/written anything about them recently. And Yamato became ever more hot. And wow, that was just the season for hot men.

Tamers was all right. Ruki was hands-down my favorite character. It didn't quite live up to my expectations, but then again, it probably couldn't have. I do, however, want a Terriermon.

Frontier...eh. It didn't really make me a great fan, and it wasn't quite what I was looking for when it was running. I did watch the whole series though, during the television runs.

Savers, though, has started to restore my faith in the franchise. Seriously. I like it a lot, and every now and then, I'll go on YouTube and have myself a Savers marathon. xD

Oh, and what about the movies? I think those deserve a mention, too.

khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-15-2007, 12:05 AM

@Seito: I know what you mean XD It's been like at least five years and Ash still hasn't changed!! You'd think at least a year would have passed or something >.< I think I was excited about the new characters because I really liked Davis/Daisuke's designs...I didn't like Digimon Kaizer's design, but I loved Ken~ Plus I really liked Kari/Hikari and TK/Takeru from season 1 and I was excited that they were supposed to be more main characters...which they were, but then not really and the characters were kind of weak...Like they kicked arse in season 1, but then....Season 2 they moved over for Ken and Davis/Daisuke XD

I didn't like it either, but I felt that it would be understandable...but not as pscyho as she ended up going...especially because Juri's such a sweet character...Then again I really haven't been able to watch nearly enough of Tamers >.<

I like, but don't like the change in character designs for season five...He never did get a pair of goggles =/ He was voiced by my fav voice actor though so I overlooked it XD There's actually like a fanart piece where the main character's sad because he's not part of the goggle club~

@Hazel: No problem~ It takes a bit of awhile, but it's worth it unless you manage to find a place to direct download the eps~

@Aiyana: XD YEY! Digimon = LOVE =D

@Super Pantless Girl: Nah it's fine XD I think me stating that I got into it when it was 7th/8th grade shows my age more >.> I really think that if you were part of the first generation of people season 1 will have a special place because Digimon is really special to me too! I love it so much that I really can't even begin to express my love for it! Strangely enough Koushirou was my fav from season 1...Like a bunch of people I knew didn't like him, but I really liked the little nerd XD Gatmon is amazing *_* I like how her character had such complexity and so late in the series as well!

Daisuke *_* Guh yea! I totally agree with you! Daisuke is hot! I liked Ken more first originally, but Daisuke totally stole my heart! Him with Hikari's really adorable too~ Miyako and Ken is actually my favorite pairing from 02 though XD

Terriermon is so adorable *_* I wanted one too for awhile~

I definatly need to look into watching Savers then =D I have all of the eps...Just need to watch them!

OH man yea the movies ;~; They're great and I love the animation style that they used for the early set of movies! I haven't watched all of the movies yet though...just the first set bunch of movies~

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-15-2007, 12:49 AM

@Super

I love Gatomon. xD But I think it played on my love of kitties. xD I love Gabumon too. That one played on my love of tiger/wolves. XD And I adored Lilymon's character design.

DaiKari fan huh? Personally I've been a TK/Kairi fan. I do believe since I could only watch the English dub, that my view on Daisuke is -very- corrupted. He's a lot better in the original (personality wise) right? I heard once that something about him not being as stupid in the english one.

Yay! A Ruki/Rika fan!

@Khiro

At least they had the sense to change his outfit after... *things* 10 seasons? Or whatever season he went to Hodem.

Ken's Kaizer outfit use to remind of something... I forget what though. I agree about TK and Kairi. I thought they would have more of a bigger role, but they didn't. Mou~ And I kinda hoped they would get I dunno, more power-ups? Everyone got two armor digi eggs and they only got one.

Tamers I felt some of the characters were undeveloped. And I think they to try and keep in sync with the old season (which had like 8 digidestineds) they tried to add more Tamers... which didn't really work and really the only the four did all the work (Takato, Henry, Rika, and Ryo)

he doesn't! No!!! *sigh* He broke the tradition! >.< We can't call him goggle-head. I think I have that picture... by Kurot on DA?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-15-2007, 12:53 AM

Oh yeah the movies.

I actually don't want to claim that I haven't watched the movies because all I had access to was the English ones, which I know for a fact that they were cut and poorly dubbed. >> (I don't think Digimon movies are suppose to be only 30mins-45mins long. Aren't they suppose to be at least an hour?)

I did watch one though (subbed) Ummm Digimon x-Evolution? I think.

That one didn't have any digidestineds. It's kinda like maybe, a parallel universe or an alternate one at least. The movie was about this, virus-thingy that like changed a digimon. Gave them better powers and a different look. Technically still the same but different. Yeah. It's been a while since I've see it. I don't think I'm giving the right explanation. ^^;;;

khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-15-2007, 12:57 AM

Actually the Digimon movies were pretty short because they were shown together with another movie~ Like 'Diablomon Strikes Back' was shown together with the second One Piece movie, but still they were poorly spliced together and dubbed =/ I know that WPP subbed like the fifth movie up so you can grab those if you haven't already~ I downloaded that, but never got around to watching it...It looked great though =D

I only watched that Digimon the Movie once and it helped me understand why some people liked certian pairings...

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-15-2007, 01:09 AM

Well I watched the Digimon Movie (which as I heard, is three movies combined into one?)

I've seen

Runaway Trainmon (Season 3)
Mystery Island (Season 3)
_________ <- Don't remember the title (Season 3 which was the one about the computer dog pets)

I keep missing Diablomon strikes back. >.>

Yeah and the only other movie I've seen was the one I mention above

khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-18-2007, 05:42 AM

XD Realistically I've only seen the fourth one in full...I did watch parts of the Digimon movies that was released over here, but that totally doesn't count!

Divine Tempest
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-18-2007, 06:12 AM

I liked the first and seconds seasons the most and probably always will.
I can't remember most of the digimon names but I remember the characters.
xD

I still randomly watch the newer season episodes.
> .o;

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-18-2007, 07:46 AM

@Khiro - well I still say that I haven't really watched them. xD I want to get my hands on the sub version. It must be awesome.

@Divine - I sooner forget the characters names before I forget the digimon names. I think it's cause they have a bigger impact on me. I must like them better. xD

Divine Tempest
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-18-2007, 07:48 AM

I do like the digimon better but the character names are too easy for me to forget. xD

I know my favorite was... Gatomon.
At least, I think that's right.
> o<

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-18-2007, 07:53 AM

ah xD That makes sense. The lesser characters are forgotten very easily, but the main characters after hearing their name being sounded ten thousands times during the series, are hard to forget.

But like season three, I don't remember Anyone beside Takato, Henry, Rika, Ryo and Juri. (People wise)

Gatomon? As in the cat digimon from season one and two? Kari's partner? If you're talking about that digimon, then that's the right name. *nods*

Divine Tempest
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-18-2007, 07:56 AM

Yes~
That's the one.
I liked her even when she was one of the bad guys, lol.
I also liked Garurumon's digivolutions.
Weregarurumon = <3

... now I've started remembering the Digimon names.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-18-2007, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine tempest
Yes~
That's the one.
I liked her even when she was one of the bad guys, lol.
I also liked Garurumon's digivolutions.
Weregarurumon = <3

... now I've started remembering the Digimon names.
I thought she was so cool when I first saw her in the series. xD And I loved it when she digivoled into Angelwomon the first time. (Though after that, I was tad bit disappointed in the lack of 'power' that Angelwomon had. It annoyed me that the makers of the series pretty much had her just flying around most of the time, not doing much. kinda like Angelmon. >>)

Oooo yeah Weregarurumon was cool too. Reminded me of this punk rocker type of guy. ^^;;;

Yay! That's a good thing! I think. I only have problems spelling the digimon names. >.>