Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 04-10-2007, 11:34 AM

I haven't really read any yaoi.

I can't find it where I live. But then again, I do have to travel almost 30 minutes to find a good bookstore that actually sells any manga's at all. I'll have to check for some of those names next time. I didn't really know the names of any.

shurry

Old 04-10-2007, 12:38 PM

i havent read yaoi yet,i dont want either.
But i plan on reading BL,but every supposedly BL Manga i open has some nasty Bed scenes in it >.<
so yeah,i wont to try out BL.
I also like a little bit of Slash x3 (Sasunaru <3,RaitoL...)

Sandra
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-10-2007, 05:00 PM

I am a yaoi fan
The first yaoi anime I have ever seen was "Gravitation" (It belonged to my best friend. She is also the one who introduced me to the evil world of yaoi. XD ). As for the first yaoi or to be more exact shounen ai manga I ever read was "Almost Crying".

I am very picky about what type of yaoi manga I read.
They must have a unique storyline, nice art, and of course no hardcore stuff. (I can't handle that stuff yet.)
Anyway thou I haven't been reading much these day. (School, Gaia, Menewsha, and command and conquer. Have taken all the free time I have.) Besides the fact that yaoi/shounen ai manga are very hard to find here at most if I am really really lucky I'll be able to see/buy one once every six months. So most of the time I wait for my friend to bring her shounen ai manga to school so I can read it during the break. (She has an aunt in America, who sends her yaoi/shounen ai manga once every month or so.)

neko79
*^_^*

Old 04-12-2007, 08:26 AM

personally i don't like gravitation XP
eiri is hawt but... the story is weird

the anime for gravitation is much better

i wonder what my first yaoi manga is now though XP
been so long now XP
But i guess my very first BL stuff will be clamp stuff XP hahaha...

Skada
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Skada

Old 04-13-2007, 04:38 AM

i really have had trouble getting into yaoi. i hated gravitation, loathed eerie queerie, and barely tolerated demon diary. however, i got sucked into Loveless and adore it completely. can anyone recommend others that might be good for someone in my predicament?

neko79
*^_^*

Old 04-13-2007, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skada
i really have had trouble getting into yaoi. i hated gravitation, loathed eerie queerie, and barely tolerated demon diary. however, i got sucked into Loveless and adore it completely. can anyone recommend others that might be good for someone in my predicament?
i don't read all those that you hate too XP
personally i think they are just considered to be shounen-ai instead of hard core yaoi
though they are all BL XP
mm loveless is shounen-ai too
why not try things from toshuisha like Koori monogatari (ice demon tales) or komatta or some other shounen ai titles if you prefer something mild

or G-defence which started out as yaoi but turns into shounen ai XP LOL

or if you can take stronger stuff
then try some of the classic yaoi titles like kizuna, love mode, haru wo daite so on so forth.

Skada
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-13-2007, 05:15 PM

neko79 ~ *writes all of this down* thank you so much for the recommendations!

Akiou
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-13-2007, 11:26 PM

If you can handle the sex scenes(which are pretty low key), I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend the series "Rules" by Miyamoto Kano. There is actually quite a few parts, titled Rules, Rules #2, Rules #3, Lovers and Souls, and "If winter comes, can spring be far behind?" Each follows different characters set in the same world. The story is highly realistic and very touching. It's my favorite yaoi manga series ever, and very high up on my list of all manga.

You can download them here, under the "Liquid Passion" section. Or just search for Miyamoto Kano.

neko79
*^_^*

Old 04-14-2007, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiou
If you can handle the sex scenes(which are pretty low key), I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend the series "Rules" by Miyamoto Kano. There is actually quite a few parts, titled Rules, Rules #2, Rules #3, Lovers and Souls, and "If winter comes, can spring be far behind?" Each follows different characters set in the same world. The story is highly realistic and very touching. It's my favorite yaoi manga series ever, and very high up on my list of all manga.

You can download them here, under the "Liquid Passion" section. Or just search for Miyamoto Kano.
ahhhh yes!!
i love miyamoto kano too XP
but hmm her drawings may be pretty
but at times i don't like the way the story goes XP
i am more of a one to one person XP
sometimes her ukes or her semes changes lovers XP
i just don't like that XP

Yuri
Dead Account Holder
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Yuri

Old 04-14-2007, 10:36 PM

*Girly Yuris up your Yaoi thread* >D

Nah just kidding^^ I love Yuri and Yaoi equally~ Though I like shounen/shoujo ai better~
I have nothing against sex but shounen ai tends to be cuter~ Most yaoi I see is PWP XDD! Which can be good sometimes..But I like plots!
Oh..and I tend to hate those silly cliche BL things like PrincessxPrincess or Gravitation XD

I also like shota^^ but thats a secret! Don't tell anyone~

umi237
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to umi237

Old 04-14-2007, 11:51 PM

I love yaoi it's my not so guilty pleasure xD I'm one of those annoying people that everyone hates because no matter what she's reading/watching she'll say it'd be so hot if man a. and man b. got together and then maybe a little of man c. as well xDDD as far as story lines go they're practically a must (except for those days when you don't feel like reading fifty million pages) I love my tragedies with a happy ending lol

Summit

Old 04-15-2007, 02:10 AM

If you guys do like yaoi, then try out Not so bad. Its really good. I loved it. And if you have any you would recommend, float me a pm and we can talk I love getting recommendations on good manga

Skada
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-15-2007, 04:02 AM

*goes to download the first chapter of Rules*

edit : the first chapter doesn't seem to be working T_______T

Darkie
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 04-15-2007, 04:34 AM

Uaaah, I love yaoi. XP
Shounen-ai too. It's not canon, but I've been obsessed with the Death Note parings RaitoxL and NearxMello lately. XP

-checks out Rules-

Akiou
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-15-2007, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skada
*goes to download the first chapter of Rules*

edit : the first chapter doesn't seem to be working T_______T
Awww you can also download it here see if that works. :O

Haha I like pairing people together from things, too. Like... Squall and Seifer from FFVIII. ^^ wooo~

ladyshi
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-15-2007, 06:36 PM

I absolutely love Yaoi. The first I read was actually fanfiction--zoids yaoi, when I was ten. I found it facinating, and soon moved onto gundam wing yaoi xD

The first actual yaoi (as in, meant to be yaoi by the actual author) I read/ watched was gravitation. I love that book!

Nuriko Windchaser
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-17-2007, 07:56 AM

The first I read was way back in the day... I got hooked on Zetsuai and Bronze and was able to find a few translations online. This was before scanlations (beautiful invention, those) and of course the commercially available stuff is relatively new. And really, out of all the stuff brought to America, I can only stand about half of it. I like reading about relationships between men... not fluffy little boys running around and randomly turning into things, which is why I could never stand Gravitation. Any time the storyline in that started getting too serious, the uke would turn into a bunny or a giant icecream cone or something and totally ruin the moment.

I totally recommend Kizuna, Haru wa Daita, uh... Shout out Loud (I think is the American title), anything by Naono Boura (you'd have to find scanlations for that) and anything by Fumi Yashinaga (Antique Bakery). I also really like Let Dai, which is a Korean manwha (or however it's spelled).

neko79
*^_^*

Old 04-17-2007, 09:10 AM

FUMI!!
i love her stuff XP
antique is not really yaoi
but i totally recommend her own DJs for Antique which are totally yaoi XP hehe

Yeah
there is actually quite a few korean BL manhwa around and Let Dai is one of the more popular ones. I will also recommend The Summit as another Korean BL manhwa that you can try out

From the ones you said you like, you should read yaoi and not shounen ai XP
Gravitation is shounen ai XP

I Love bohra!! hahaha i love her drawings!! So sexy and so dreamy and so hot! i think one of the more famous one will be The wolf mountain? and the one about the shinigami XP But one must be so careful with bohra, its totally fine with me but Bohra love exotic mixes. She loves to mix Old seme and young uke, Short uke and tall seme, so on so forth XP But i love her stuff so i am fine with them XP

Nuriko Windchaser
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-17-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko79
I Love bohra!! hahaha i love her drawings!! So sexy and so dreamy and so hot! i think one of the more famous one will be The wolf mountain? and the one about the shinigami XP But one must be so careful with bohra, its totally fine with me but Bohra love exotic mixes. She loves to mix Old seme and young uke, Short uke and tall seme, so on so forth XP But i love her stuff so i am fine with them XP
That would be Three Wolves Mountain, which I don't think is really her best, but since it's her longest, that's the one everyone knows. And the fact that she draws different sorts of men and pairings is really what I love about her. I LOVE that half her ukes are men over the age of forty... one of my favorites features a paralyzed man over the age of forty as the uke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko79
From the ones you said you like, you should read yaoi and not shounen ai XP
Gravitation is shounen ai XP
Nowadays, the fandom seems to prefer to use the term "BL," I think rather because the term "shounen ai" is so incredibly dated... and to avoid having to label what exactly constitutes "explicit," since nowadays there are tons of titles kicking around in the middle of the two extremes. But no, I don't need for a manga to be explicit before I'll like it... I just need the character and storyline not to be stupid. Shout Out Loud and Zetsuai are both non-explicit titles, and I love them to death, because they have very in-depth storylines and complicated characters. That also works on the flip side... it doesn't matter how much sex is in a manga, if the story sucks, then I won't like it. Which is why I've never been a big fan of Chi-ran or Tori Maia works, for while those reach the limits of sexual adventurism allowed by the censors in Japan, their stories tend to be lame and convoluted.

neko79
*^_^*

Old 04-17-2007, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuriko Windchaser

That would be Three Wolves Mountain, which I don't think is really her best, but since it's her longest, that's the one everyone knows. And the fact that she draws different sorts of men and pairings is really what I love about her. I LOVE that half her ukes are men over the age of forty... one of my favorites features a paralyzed man over the age of forty as the uke.
Which one is that paralyzed man story?
i can't seems to remember that XP
i actually like her cos her semes are at times over the age of 20 :P
i am actually more of the salariman and older couple cat XP

Quote:
Nowadays, the fandom seems to prefer to use the term "BL," I think rather because the term "shounen ai" is so incredibly dated... and to avoid having to label what exactly constitutes "explicit," since nowadays there are tons of titles kicking around in the middle of the two extremes. But no, I don't need for a manga to be explicit before I'll like it... I just need the character and storyline not to be stupid. Shout Out Loud and Zetsuai are both non-explicit titles, and I love them to death, because they have very in-depth storylines and complicated characters. That also works on the flip side... it doesn't matter how much sex is in a manga, if the story sucks, then I won't like it. Which is why I've never been a big fan of Chi-ran or Tori Maia works, for while those reach the limits of sexual adventurism allowed by the censors in Japan, their stories tend to be lame and convoluted.
BL to me means both yaoi and shounen ai
BL is currently the IN term used in japan
Personally i still like to separate them into Yaoi or Shounen-ai Since its easier to recommend to various people
the thing is Shounen-ai is not just being not explicit
its more Mild .. and tend to be more of gag stuff and at times.. you wonder whether anything will even happen XP
Gravitation is actually over confusing. Personally i own the manga set but i didn't read it more than once (sweatdrop)
even if i read it as a gag, i find that its too messy. I think the animation did a much better job in this case. (Though i always tend to support the original manga than the anime XP)
i don't like Chi-ran too
and its really lucky since i have to admit my first yaoi was Chi-ran
i bought the book by mistake
It's so kawaii , the back cover, i dind't know its yaoi XP
mm i wdn't really say its lame and convoluted
i can't really remmeber tori's stuff
but what i tend not to like about chi-ran is she is more into shota which is totally totally away from what i like XP and actually Chi-ran H is not that high, well to me anyway, since i have read worst XP and chi-ran's drawing don't settle well with me. Dr Ten's settle better with me but i still don't like her stuff cos its shota XP

Personally Bronze/zetsuai don't settle well with me too because it's over angst and i cannot stand angst. Ai no kusabi and Legend of blue wolves were the only ones i saw ( mainly because they are animations ) and i cried and cried and cried XP. Shall never go and read zetsuai/bronze

Which one is shout out loud? Does it have a japanese title?

Nuriko Windchaser
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-17-2007, 10:47 AM

Shout Out Loud's Japanese title is Sakende Yaruze. It's about a voice actor who's grown son shows up at his house one day wanting to live with him, so he starts taking any job he can in order to afford a kid. (Though honestly, the kid is in high school, how much more funding would he need?) And these jobs include a lot of yaoi voice acting for drama CDs, which he's very ashamed of... but which leads him to meet and interact with more people in the business. So essentially the manga follows his son's interactions with him and his reaction to this sort of work, and his own reactions and his growing attraction to one of his co-workers.

As for the name of that one Naono Bohra story, I'm afraid it escapes me at the moment and I can't for the life of me either find my old scanlations, or any online scan that has the name of it listed. *shakes head*

purplepaws

Old 04-17-2007, 03:01 PM

Count me in...I love yaoi! Especially adore Minase Masara and Naono Bohra's works...CJ Michalski's one of my favorite mangakas too...Actually i have many favorites but...Lol...
Also a big fan of Lamento and Togainu No Chi!!!
:wink:

Skada
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-17-2007, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiou
Awww you can also download it here see if that works. :O

Haha I like pairing people together from things, too. Like... Squall and Seifer from FFVIII. ^^ wooo~
gah... that doesn't work either. they're lacking the first chapter of the first series and other random crazy chapters.

i think i'm gunna give up. but thank you so much for your help ^___^

Rainbow Brite
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 04-17-2007, 08:28 PM

My first YAOI pairing was Touya/Yukito from Card Captor Sakura, if that counts. My first really "in your face" boy love was Gravi REMIX. :3

neko79
*^_^*

Old 04-18-2007, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Shout Out Loud's Japanese title is Sakende Yaruze. It's about a voice actor who's grown son shows up at his house one day wanting to live with him, so he starts taking any job he can in order to afford a kid. (Though honestly, the kid is in high school, how much more funding would he need?) And these jobs include a lot of yaoi voice acting for drama CDs, which he's very ashamed of... but which leads him to meet and interact with more people in the business. So essentially the manga follows his son's interactions with him and his reaction to this sort of work, and his own reactions and his growing attraction to one of his co-workers.

As for the name of that one Naono Bohra story, I'm afraid it escapes me at the moment and I can't for the life of me either find my old scanlations, or any online scan that has the name of it listed. *shakes head*
Oh yes yes now i remmeber that story XP
i wonder if i ever did finish reading that one XP