Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 06-24-2014, 05:40 AM

An OOC and Info Dump for Kat Dakuu and Tachigami

Traditionally, gargoyles are animal or human-faced carvings made to look grotesque or demonic, but in actuality protected buildings from evil forces and spirits, warding them off with their presence. Over the centuries they have grown to more elegant formations, easy on the eyes, and carved to protect locations other than buildings dedicated to prayer.

The world has been silent for a long time. Our world has begun to renew itself under a cover of thick clouds, after a pandemic with almost supernatural speed, resistant to any modern medicine or trial tactics. Unfortunately, it spread via the air, and began infecting the water, eventually bringing an end to human and animal life.

This was centuries ago. Now the world is glowing with new life, and old life alike. The following contains information about the new gargoyles, and their desire to search for a meaning for their existence.

Characters

Quote:
Name: Amicus
Age Appearance: 25 years
Skin Tone: Very pale, marble-like
Height: 7 foot, 9 inches

Physical Appearance:

Tall, long, with a sharp face and large eyes. A small nose and high cheekbones, and instead of hair, he has long, fine feathers that are black, tipped with white, and go down below the shoulders. His eyes are gem-like, a mix of bright and dark blue that shifts in light. He wears priest’s clothing similar to this, black and white and a little red hemming, and a cross necklace. His nails are somewhat long, gently pointed. His wings are very large, soft and white, and they shed quite often.
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...uu-d7oeslx.jpg

Personality:

Calm and quiet, contemplative, with a natural protective streak that forces him to look for a source of life to protect and keep safe from danger. He’s rarely violent, if ever, and prefers to speak rather than act, and make peace. Violence has never been necessary for him, and he hopes to keep it that way.
Quote:
Name: Silas
Age Appearance: 23ish
Skin Tone: light grey
Height: 6 foot

Physical Appearance:

He has demonic type wings and horns which are darker grey than his skin. His hair is pale pink and yellow. His eyes are red and there are garnets toward the base of his wings and on the bone part of the wing hinge. Clawed feet and tail are same color as skin. Gold bells and ribbons hang from his horns and there are gold bangles on his chest straps and ankles.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...uu-d7o43v2.jpg
http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...pscb2bfd7d.png

Personality:

He's not naturally a quiet person and is prone to sudden bursts of movement. He lives in his head and will talk to himself. Becomes attached to things and places easily. He's the sort to worry and flips between optimistic and pessimistic. Anything that catches his interest whether it be a person or place will fall into his domain of protection and he will never leave such a thing.

Last edited by Tachigami; 06-29-2014 at 05:29 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2014, 06:12 AM

omg character designing! This is the hard part!

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:15 AM

Is always hard to pick your favorite single traits and go with them from start to finish~ *nods* And personality! I think I have a base concept down in my head, though...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2014, 06:17 AM

I have a name and maybe an idea for looks.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:19 AM

I don't have a name.... Oooh my... I hate choosing names, so hard to settle! *flails* I have... Just the very base physical form... and clothing...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2014, 06:25 AM

I'm kinda...since I wrote a gargoyle dude in a short story before, I was gonna use the name. I didn't reread it, but it should be Silas.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:27 AM

Hmm... I shall name mine.... Amicus. It means 'friend' in Latin~

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2014, 06:35 AM

aw. That's cute!

lesse...I want my guy to have wings for sure. Wouldn't it be cool if gargoyles had gem eyes? something that would only show when they're awake because when stone, they'd have their eyes closed and not show it.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:40 AM

I know, right~ Hehe, I'm kind of addicted to the cuteness factor recently...

Ooh, I wanted mine to have wings too~ Big angel wings, though... And gem eyes... that sounds really nice... *nods* Maybe their eyes are the same shade and quality of the gems their original stone form had?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2014, 06:45 AM

that's not a bad thing.

I was thinking normal creepy gargoyle wings for mine. I can definitely see some grey stone and some raw gem stones clustered about in some places.

Why do I have the feeling I'm going to need to do some drawing to ever properly visualize these wonderful creations?

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:51 AM

Hehe, I love the idea of a gargoyle with huuuuuge, wonderfully sensitive, often-shedding feathered wings. And ooh, I can see my guy having some form of blue opal or pale blue tourmaline eyes.... *nods* Yes yes~

Oh I bet you should~! Oh yes indeed.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2014, 06:53 AM

shedding wings. How interesting. This is going to be good. I want to use garnets and maybe another rock, tame in color. I'll have to google things.

I guess it will give me something to do before we can write. Have to keep the interest up all the way until july.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:56 AM

Hehe, yes~ *nods* Shedding wings just sound like fun, know? Ooh, and you might like to use List of Precious, Semi Precious Gemstones: Precious & Semi-Precious Gem Groups

It's where I get all my gem knowledge~

Oh yes! *luffs* Must keep the interests up~

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2014, 07:00 AM

sure, if you like collecting feathers! hehe.

You and your link readiness.

it's only...one more week?

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:03 AM

Haha, well who's not to say some gargoyles don't like collecting feathers~?

Well I kind of had it up already........ And I may or may not have it bookmarked...

Hm... Six more days~

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2014, 07:10 AM

it'd be a strange hobby.

lol. It's pretty nifty.

too few! Too many!

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:12 AM

Well not really.... Bet you could make jewelry and headdresses with them~

It is indeed! I love my bookmarks~

Too many! Not too few... But we must be ready!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2014, 07:16 AM

I could. Not sure what a gargoyle would do with that though.

bookmarks are fun. I am now really liking morganite. Such a pretty soft pink color.

And I'll be going on vacation not far into July too.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:18 AM

Well it must be boring.... So why not mess with your own feathers? I figure I'll give him... really long hair, to thread with feathers if he gets bored~

Ooh, that's a pretty color, yes~ I love original opal too... So... many colors~

*gasp* Nyoooo! I will be all aloooooone! *cries*

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2014, 07:23 AM

Hm, I suppose so. Feathers are really pretty and all.

I like labrodite a freakin lot. I like rocks. Dear lord.

I wont be without internet much except in the plane hopefully. Otherwise I'll really fail with writing as much as I want to.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:25 AM

Oh yes~ They will be bright white, tipped with black. And his hair will be black too..... Yesyes.

Aaah I love that stuff too~ Oooh~ Hehe, I love all the gems, really... soooo beautiful~

*sighs in relief* Oooh Good! I will not be all alone... *clings to*

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2014, 07:33 AM

I feel I'm going to use a lot of grey for my guy except color accents. Maybe white hair. But with red and pink stones added in, it will look nice.

the weird rocks are so much nicer than things like diamonds.

maybe just a little more alone that usual. ^^'

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:36 AM

*gasp* Waait... what if I do feathers instead of hair.... *blinks in realization*

Oh I know~ Diamonds are too simplistic... plain...

Oh nyoo... I don't like being alone at all!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2014, 05:21 PM

Ooh I wonder how that would look.

And yet we stick em on rings all the time.

I hate to be away too!

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:50 PM

Ooh, maybe something like this~ Only black... Maybe a little bit of white in it too~ *nods* So the feathers are fine enough to act like hair.

I knooow... Is why I prefer other gems set in rings~ I have one with a ruby and one with an emerald.

*clings* Is awful! All alooone...