Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 08-11-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathrine View Post
I'm game for absolutely whatever, my friend! Just jumping around and fiddling with things feels like a good place to start for me, since we've got a bunch of little ideas and i'm a little out of sync with my characters. Like, we've got all kindsa things to do with modern Doraire and Viv/Mehen and we could develop sO MUCH with Nami and D'iala so! But something more focused might also be a good idea! so pmuch i'm 100% unhelpful whooops

Also VERY DOWN for establishing/adding some f/f romances AWW YEAAA I don't know if I have any unpaired ladies lying around? Except for my pirate, maybe. But I'm totally willing to either find someone (I've got some on the back burner, for sure) or make a lady to nudge toward one of yours. B]
Oh gosh we're like the RP planning version of going out to dinner with someone and you're both like "I'm good with whatever!" and it takes forever to decide because you're both too chill and laid back and accommodating lmao

ANYWAY I'm all for jumping around, kind of establishing How Things Are and then maybe something more focused as we get used to it? And that way we can jump between established friendships and people meeting until we decide what works for us! Instead of leaping into something focused and then being like "wait we are on different pages about something," ya feel?

I have some ladies who are potential romance candidates for sure! There's some who are already sort of connected to the pool of characters we have. Lakashi (Lothaire's ex-wife) and Kamilia (Lilitha's mom) are candidates in a modern AU but Lakashi might not carry over to canon well and Kamila DEFINITELY wouldn't. Got two werewolf friends of Viv's, and Raie and Kallie have some friends who could work in a modern AU and in canon, and ofc, I can fish ladies from other stories or just make them up. Dare I say I've got... a binder full of women? (Also, there's always Ink but I doubt she'll be around for a while yet in modern AU land)

OKAY SO maybe a good first step is like, establishing how the modern AU functions? I'll just fire my default modern au setting at you, and you can tweak it or tell me how you imagine the modern AU and we can find middle ground, or whatever works for you! (Obvs none of this is set in stone! I keep the 'rules' of the Modern AU super loose so I'm totally up for whatever.)

-The world is sort of an amorphous conglomeration of both our fictional worlds and the real world. I don't think too much about The Laws of Magic or geography or whatever, if I need New York City to exist but I also need fictional lands to exist, that's jut how it is. If two conflicting systems of magic exist? idk, dimensional pockets or something
-Everyone is still magical or a mythical creature if they were before, and such things are a part of day to day life.
-Everyone pretty much is the same relative ages they are in canon. (i.e. Aqua and Kof are always the same age, Trovet is always two years younger than Merak, Kallie is always four years older than Raie, Raie is always... however many years younger than Rolian he is, etc)
-The exception is characters like Lothaire, Slaine, and Elexia, who I just make have 120 year average lifespans in the modern AU instead of being immortal. So they're closer to everyone else's ages, and a lot less powerful. (If you wanna keep your guys immortal gods and such though, I can easily tweak this so Lothaire isn't like, 47 years old to Doriki's 10,000 )
-Also Lilitha is an obvious exception because duh

Lathrine
theatre major from nurse school

Old 08-14-2015, 03:30 AM

oh my god so this is the thIRD TIME i've typed up this post because the first time the page timed out and i lost everything (forgot about that entirely thanks menewsha missed u) and the second time i just. forgot to refresh the timed out page and diD NOT copy and save what I'd typed up so.

yeah i definitely agree! that just jumping around a whole lot and doing little bits of whatever seems like the best way to go right now. it lets us play around with characters a bit and get used to them again, and it lets us make sure we're both on the same page! once we've got settled in a little bit again and such, we can go for more focused threads and such. c:

and i'm 100% cool with the modern au rules you've got! they're all pretty close to what i have for guidelines when i'm playing around with modern au headcanons and such, so! i've got no objections. i'll probably scale all of my super old/immortal characters to make them like. slightly more reasonably aged. Doriki will probably like, 50 to Lothaire's 47, etc. etc. I'll do the same as you and make 120~ the average lifespan, b/c i don't have anything similar to that in place.

LILITHA HAD BETTER LIVE FOREVER JS

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 08-14-2015, 03:58 AM

HILARIOUS. I JUST TYPED OUT A WHOLE RESPONSE AND THEN MY INTERNET DECIDED TO CUT OUT WHEN I POSTED IT. HILARIOUS.
I'm sorry you had to type up stuff three times! I forgot Mene did that so thanks for reminding me. Shame my own internet decided to create its OWN ISSUES...

Sweet, easy and painless, look at us go! Is there anything else you wanna hash out before we jump in? Any preferences for who we start with or when we start? Honestly, I love this AU so much I'm good with whatever! And I figure we can just sort of hash out who already knew who and who is already friends and whatnot as we go, unless you want us to work that stuff out here in this thread first. :3

(Lilitha canonically lives to become a Council member and then dismantles it from the inside because it's a jacked up system anyway!! So glad I outgrew the "everyone Lothaire loves has 2 die" stage of writerhood bc it's really allowed Lilitha to become such a crucial and interesting character :') [lothaire is TRICKED by a fellow council member into thinking she's dead for a while at one point but. she's totally fine actually])