Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-08-2016, 10:07 PM

I've for the most part only done characters and story related things, either mine or others. My art practice has been pretty tied up in my art for a while now. I don't often draw things besides people.

I did. After two years of going to school nearby, I transferred because it wasn't working out for me.

depends on the tea.

ArachnidBadkid
My Avatar Looks Angrier Than I T...

Old 01-08-2016, 10:33 PM

Oooooo I bet your illustrations are gorgeous! It's so fun to draw from stories, too. There's a lot to work with!

That makes sense. I'm thinking of out of state or even out of country, ideally! Just, college seems like a fantastic opportunity to explore and expand your knowledge of the world. Staying in one place... Sounds really dull?

Oh yeah, I feel it!

Oh, also! Is it too early to ask how you're feeling about the RP so far? I'm having a lot of fun (Yang Li is so cool!!), but I wanna make sure you're not like, super bored or anything ahaha

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-08-2016, 10:47 PM

they're okay, but I really do enjoy the fictional world best.

I mean, it depends on what's around. It is good to go out into the world, but finding the best school is most important. In state is usually cheaper I think.

yeah yeah, it's super cool. I think it's quickly becoming one of my favorites!

ArachnidBadkid

Old 01-09-2016, 01:11 AM

Yeah, same here ahahahah magic and dragons and monsters are so cool!!! what's your favorite subgenres of fantasy?

That's a good point. Honestly I've always figured that any school would be fine so far as I worked hard and paid attention. Though that's not the wisest approach to school ahahaha Yeah, in state is definitely cheaper! which is the frustrating part :u// Canada seems like a viable option though, just knowing that the U.S. dollar is stronger than theirs ahahahah

aaaaaa!!! im so happy!!! Same here, I get super excited because your posts are so well-written!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-09-2016, 01:19 AM

I used to write a lot more modern stories rather than fantasy, but that's no so popular among rpers right now and I've got fantasy based ideas. I've been playing with dragons and elves lately. And soulmate AU.

Considering how far south I am, I have never considered anything Canada. I know when I was deciding where to go to school, it was very hard to understand what was a good fit for me. I mostly followed the ideals of my older brother like smaller class size, smaller school in general.

Aww thanks. Yours are great too. I've done so much rping so its a great to get a story like this.

ArachnidBadkid

Old 01-09-2016, 01:41 AM

Yeah, I've kinda noticed that too! Like, a few years back when I first found this website modern stories, especially school stories, were super popular! Now it's less public group RPs and more private one on one fantasy ones. You can absolutely never go wrong with dragons and elves! Do you subscribe to traditional Tolkien elves or do you prefer to make up your own mythology? Okay, soulmate AUs and just ideas in general are my favorite thing omfg. Like, they're so sappy and fun ahahahah

Mmm, that makes sense! Yeah, college is a big change too from middle school/high school classrooms, so you have to understand how you learn best and what environments are most stimulating. Having older siblings helps a ton! Did your older brother help look at schools with you or was his advice more passive?

It's the truth!! And thank you ;;u;; Yeah honestly, like, when I read your character descriptions I got a really good feeling! Especially because you gave your characters interesting flaws instead of just "they're super funny and a Bad Boy TM". It's really motivating ahahaha

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-09-2016, 04:44 AM

Even until a couple months ago, most of my rps were modern based. It goes in spurts though. I've been actively rping here for like 6 years, so yeah. I've seen the fluctuations. Even though it's less active, it can still be quite a big rp community at times!
Ah, I stick more or less similar to tolkien. My latest elf is less so though. Soulmates are great though! Me and my friend have build a universe that we rp in and plan to publish. It's a good guilty pleasure.

Oh yeah no. He didn't give me any advice. I just mimicked him all by my self. It's also real important to go visit the school if you can too. It just gives you a feel.

They definitely seem like they will all have some good chemistry!
Ah I hate when characters aren't thought out.

ArachnidBadkid

Old 01-09-2016, 05:50 AM

Okay wait I think I misread your last post in the thread: Yang Li didn't completely undress, right? I'm really sorry omfg

Oh dang that's so cool you've been rping for that long!! That's a lot of practice ahahahha. Yeah, everyone here seems super into rping which is cool! It's nice to have such a large community for it, especially because you can find cool creative people in it!
Tolkien elves are pretty much quintessential ahahah! I don't blame anyone who sticks close to his mythos. How does your new elves differ? Oh gosh, soulmates are so fun because there's so much cultural and interpersonal fodder! Like, are soulmates super common or rare, how casual is society's relationship with soulmates, are aromantic people oppressed for not having soulmates? And not to mention just, soulmates are so fun!!! A great guilty pleasure ahahahaha

Ooooooh ahahaha yeah I feel that! My brother took a gap year after high school which is what I'm doing rn. How many colleges did you visit, if any? I really would like to go on road trips to nearby colleges ahaha

Yes! Yeah I tried tailoring the jinni and kidnapper so that they'd work well with your princes! Or at least so our characters wouldn't totally hate each other forever, that'd kill the romance!
Saaaaammmeee, or like, characters that are obviously masturbatory for the writers. Like, self inserts are great and all (and I do that w/ Dragon Age lmao) but when all of your OCs are conventionally attractive?? And super powerful/no faults that get them into trouble?? That's boring ahahah

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-09-2016, 06:04 AM

lol no, but that would be funny.

yeah, overall, I've been rping for about 10 years. Me and my friends used to do it on paper in high school. Which makes me sound old. I've rped so much more since joining here though.
My elves have overt magic in this story and there are different clans. At least some of the clans seem to have magic relating to the elements.
There are definitely a lot different versions to the au. I haven't read much at all of it, but ended up writing it anyway because of how much I heard my friend talk about it. The fandoms I read in don't seem to have a lot of those aus.

hmmm, I think I visited four in all including the two I went to in the end.

That's always a good thing. I mean, you got to be a little flexible to get chemistry.
hahaha. That was never fun for me. Personally, I like a character with more flaws than good points. XD I enjoy torturing them more than raising them up. For a long time now, I've been somewhat sadistic towards my characters. >.> I don't think I ever self inserted with my writing, even in middle and high school unless you count Kat and that was sorta the story.

ArachnidBadkid

Old 01-09-2016, 10:47 PM

When is nudity NOT funny though?? ahahahah also!! it's fixed ;u; thanks for your patience!

Oh right on!! Me and my friends actually did that in school too, pissed off a few teachers ahahaha This is definitely a great place to expand and pick up more stories! RPing is so great because it gives you an opportunity to flesh out characters. It also helps cultivate ideas for personal projects and!! making friends!! is so great!!
Ooooh, nice nice! Do the clans have physical differences, or is it all cultural? Are they at war with each other? Magic + elves is so cool ahahaha I don't have explicit elves, but these kind of half elves half giants called Dubric with a common ancestry but are otherwise kinda divided. Making stuff up is so fun ahahahahah
What fandoms do you read in? Yeah, a lot of people write soulmates differently, like birth marks to red string to like, weird sparks

Oh nice! That sounds like a lot of road trips/flights! ahahaha

Yeah, definitely definitely!
SAME, I mean, what's the fun in a character just getting everything they want no problem? Not only is it unrealistic, but it gives the readers less to root for! Like, where's the fear for your character, where's their courage? What deep reserves do they draw on or create to keep them going? ahahahaha it's kinda like building something then putting it through the most rigorous obstacle course possible to see if it can make it, and how you can improve it
Oh so Kat was a character of yours? What're they like?
Yeah honestly though like, self-inserts are kinda hard for me but and I really only have one which is to help w/ self esteem stuff lmao

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-09-2016, 11:25 PM

yeah, kinda...yeah. but cool!

yeah, I really like both rping and writing by myself for such different reasons. And I think an rp can be better in so many ways. I'm all for publishing an rp itself as much as using it as a stepping stone. Too many people just view rping as a testing ground than something in itself.
They do have physical differences, mostly unfleshed out now. Humans are trying to start a war with them, very Hitler like. Cleanse the unclean things.
Your Dubric sound cool. That's definitely different.

I read in Hetalia mostly as of late. I've been in quite a few fandoms though, namely Bleach and a whole slew of crime dramas.
I've mostly played with marks and sparks.

It's just....I really want to see my characters cry even if I don't write it in the story. >.> But it's not a story if there's no obstacles. It's the most basic structure of what a story is.

Yeah, Kat is uh, a ditsy idiot catdemon with no self restraint, never ending happiness and a penchant for trouble. She was created for an rp where me and band friends were sucked into a virtual reality where we took on the form of our nicknames, aka: Kat, Terminator, Snake Charmer, etc... But she grew into her own solid character apart from me.

ArachnidBadkid

Old 01-10-2016, 06:00 AM

Oh god yeah, honestly I think RPs can make great published works!! Tbh I always thought it'd be cool to translate an RP into a webcomic of sorts? So you have both a comic and novel format, which could make the story more fleshed out? But yeah, there's a lot of potential for RPs to develop into larger projects!! Do you have any RPs now that you'd consider publishing or making bigger?
Oooooo dang!! Tensions between races are always really interesting, and an opportunity for social critiques if that's your thing!
Thank you!! ;u; They're the only actual race I have semi-realized ahahahaah

Hetalia and Bleach are fun reads!! Do you have any ships? Crime dramas are so interesting, especially the very elaborate ones, or any that have to do with conspiracies!
Those are the ones I prefer, honestly! Especially the sparks ahaha

Crying is really under appreciated, I think? Like, emotional vulnerability is so universal. Characters are more interesting when you can relate to them, and everyone can relate to becoming so sad/scared/angry that they just break down. Also, it totally sets up for cute platonic/romantic "we'll work through this together" scenes between characters! (kay Bassam is terrible with emotions but could you imagine like?? him trying to comfort Yang Li at some point or visa versa?? Bassam would definitely be the type of person if caught crying would say "i dont have fEeLiNgS")
And honestly! The more obstacles, the more your audience feels for the characters! There's absolutely no plot without conflict ahahaha

Kat sounds awesome omfg!! ahahaha oh god that sounds like a really fun rp! did everyone's sonas grow apart from their respective players or nah?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-10-2016, 10:38 PM

a webcomic would be neat. I would normally just go for novel though. I already have quite a few of my rps with Wingsy that we plan to publish. Life Studies is done. Fake Bonds is almost and there's more in the series. I haven't found another partner since high school that I've finished rps with so that kinda bums out the idea of publishing.

I have like, all the ships in Hetalia. Mostly ByaRen in Bleach though. Haha yeah. I used to be super into Criminal Minds and the NCIS's but I'm pretty out of the loop now. I just got so behind.

Our characters will be the emotionally constipated couple. Cause like, you think Yang Li is gonna go showing his? Yeah no. But it's totally fun that way. As fun as all that huggy emotional fluff.

Thanks. Ah really, only me and Wingsy continue to really rp our characters after the main story so ours were the most solid character aside from being our alter egos. But I mean, they all got pretty character like real fast.

ArachnidBadkid

Old 01-11-2016, 12:05 AM

Same!! I was kinda thinking of drawing like some short comics of our characters just for fun? Like what we have so far because the banter is pretty awesome! Would that be okay with you?
Oh holy cow, you guys are prolific!! that must be an amazing feeling, to actually finish an rp! Is there like a burst of energy where you and your partner rp faster/more when you get close to finishing? Or is it kinda like "oh! woh hey we could stop here" Hopefully this doesn't jinx our rp but! if we finish this one and if you're interested I'd love to publish somehow!!

NICE ahahaha Italy and Germany was my favorite, just 'cause. American and Canada was a good one too ahahahah Bleach ships are fun just because of how interesting each character design is?? Like, it's kinda just eye candy ahahahahah Oh dang, I've never watched those but heard good things about them! Have you seen any Hannibal?

THEY WILL, IM SO EXCITED OMFG god could you imagine if both of them were sad at the same time?? "Do you want to talk abou-" "No... Do. Do you want to talk about-" "No." "Okay." "Okay." and they just? Sit in awkward silence (God im so excited to see how they handle more complex emotions like adoration anything more significant??)

Aaaaaa yeah I feel that! Me and friends have rped sonas but they usually never develop much farther outside of the rp itself. What do you find most fun about developing alter egos into independent characters?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-11-2016, 12:20 AM

that's very cool with me! Haha, we're not that far in yet though.
^^' We are a bit. Don't worry, it took us forever to finish our first one. Like, 3 and a half years because we were in school and she was getting her masters. But it was the best feeling ever to finish. And man, we did the ending like BAM! It was done. I think it came up on us faster than we thought. Same is happening with our recent one.
I would reaaally seriously love new prospects to finish and make something of my rps though!

Prussia is my favorite! He's my baby. France/Prussia/Spain will always be special to me. Seriously though, like world/world ship. Hetalia is the fandom I'm most familiar with. Like Bleach, honestly I didn't even watch that much of it, but ended up with ships anyway.
The tv show? Nah. I haven't really watched tv in a year so anything too recent I haven't seen.

They're never going to want to talk!

It's such a strange thing! I mean, I don't even know. This was back in high school and it just happened. Like, there was no choice. It just happened.

ArachnidBadkid

Old 01-11-2016, 04:22 AM

Ah yeah, that's true!
Holy cow!! That makes it cooler somehow? Like, that's a lot of dedication!! Also good on her for getting her masters, that's so awesome!! Yeah, it makes sense that the end of an RP would be kinda surprising or at the very least gripping! Especially because that seems like a sort of rare occurrence, for an RP to actually end!
Do you guys go back and re-read your RPs after their done? Or at least discuss/edit them?
Awesome!!! Aaaaaaaa same here!!! ;;u;; Let's consider this RP a test run, then!

Prussia and France are so funny omfg!!! Any ship from Hetalia is usually good ahaha And same here, I never got super far into Bleach but the characters and ships were great! Same with a lot of fandoms, actually ahaha
Aaaa okay, yeah same here. Anything I watch is either pirated or on Netflix/Amazon. Do you usually just read or watch movies?

Never!!! Dang, I feel like any progress they make is gonna be accidental, like one saying "we're friends" without meaning to or something ahahaha

omfg ahahahaha yeah that makes sense! You were kinda caught up in the rhythm of the RP and it grew from there?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-11-2016, 04:37 AM

Ah, does it? She's awesome though. We were both tenatious to say the least when we realized we could finish and publish something. Like, we saw the potential in the story and that was motivation enough. But even so, just suddenly being at the end after a long school hiatus was still surprising. I've finished very, very few rps in my life.
I do love to reread rps. Though I end up mostly rereading stuff I mourn the loss of. Dead rps are so wonderful and terrible to read.
awww yeah.

Aren't they? Thought most Hetalia characters are. The retardedness is the best. But yeah, I'm like that with a lot of fandoms. I sorta followed ships rather than the anime.
I've pirated a lot and used to watch actual tv. I do watch netflix movies every weekend with my family now though.

pfft. And ten days later, they might realize they said that.

yeah. It's that sorta feel. Characters getting away from you and all.

ArachnidBadkid

Old 01-11-2016, 06:27 AM

Definitely! Your RP was completed through years of hard work, struggle, fighting!! *dramatic music plays* That's really cool though, that the possibility of having something published was enough to push your through and motivate you! It's a really good goal.
Finishing even just one rp sounds like more than most people ahahaha!
AAAAAA YEAH,,,, omfg,,, those are always very very tragic. Sometimes I feel like just picking them back up with someone else but that?? seems like cheating somehow ahahaha

Ah hey sorry, like I usually try not to do this but could you try avoiding using the word retarded, at least when we're talking? I have friends who are autistic and I'm personally on the spectrum and it can be a little upsetting.
And god yeah, the ships are the interesting part ahahah! And sometimes the characters have way more potential than the actual main plot!
Pirating is really convenient ahahaha especially with new movies/shows! And same, actually!! Weekly Netflix nights with the family is awesome! Do you hang out in person with your fam or is it over a call or something? My family and I use rabbit ;u;

GOD, COULD YOU IMAGINE. just, in the middle of the night or during an argument one of them is just like "Wait.... wAIT YOU SAID-" and they debate if something significant was actually said... god im so excited to see how these two work it out ahahahahah
How do you think they'd get together though? Like, if you want to discuss it (them actually getting together is still super far off ik) Cause I'm trying to picture Bassam saying anything and it's probably making some kind of innuendo, recognizing what he just said, and then IMMEDIATELY changing subject

that's such a great feeling omfg, nothing feels better than when a character brings themselves to life ahahah

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-11-2016, 11:54 PM

yeah, and about a years worth of hiatus mixed in! XD I finished a couple others in high school but they were SO fast paced that they were practically novels smooshed into a short story. We had pacing issues back then.

I can't promise anything. I was never any good at censoring my language. You'll have to keep reminding me.
They really are. Some fandoms more than others, but there's so much potential to be realized in that form.
It really is, though I pirate movies a lot less. Somehow seems worse though that's probably not true. We watch together in person since I still live with my parents. At least for a while longer.......

I think they'll get together on accident. >.> *snorts* Nah, it will definitely take a while but I can see a real slow build up natural like rather than a sudden turn which sometimes also happens. But lol.

Right?

ArachnidBadkid

Old 01-12-2016, 12:41 AM

Ahahahaha as long as it gets finished, right? ahahah and omfg yeah i feel it, sometimes the story is so exciting you get carried away or just wanna get to the good parts and time skip a lot or just,,, rp at the speed of sound ahahahah

Ah yea no worries, that's all I can ask for really anyways eue;; thank you!
Oh yeah, definitely. Like, Inuyasha was kinda that way for me, and so was Randma 1/2. Do you ever come across a fandom and absolutely love the characters so much you wish you'd have written them? Fanfiction is soooo great for that ahahaha
Yeah like pirating isn't the greatest thing to do, but at least you're not stealing physical copies from Blockbuster or robbing a theatre or something? And too, like some movies I don't want to support financially because of ethical reasons (for instance movies where animals died on set) so pirating seems like a fine alternative.
I still live at home, too. Hanging out with parents is really nice ;u;

PROBABLY ahahahahaha!! yeah I think it would definitely be slow (like, at the end of the RP if they're like "oh, yeah also" i wouldn't be surprised?) sorry if im getting too worked up or excited! i just really really love shipping OCs, my jam, absolute fave thing! ahahaha

Yeah! and then you have the complete opposite where you have an OC for YEARS and you still have no idea who they are/what their personality is like

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-12-2016, 02:44 AM

finishing it is def the most important part! Something like that! Back then, characters never slept and twenty scenes happened all blurred together in the most improbable way. It was bad.

yeah.
Sometimes it starts to feel like the characters are mine. I lived with Hetalia for almost a year of just writing fanfics for that, not much original fiction. And like, I created stories that would be easy to turn about to publish with tweaks as original fiction. I did so much work that it's like they're basically mine and it's kinda crazy. But of course there are just precious characters I wish were always mine, but cannot be soooo!
No and I'm so terrible about pirating especially with music. Like tv shows, the networks themselves will put up the episodes online while it's in season. Some anyway.
I wanna move out!!!

Nah. I love to talk writing more than anything.

Ah yeah, that sometimes happens too though less often these days.

ArachnidBadkid

Old 01-12-2016, 05:21 AM

OH GOD I feel that!!!! ahahahahaha or like, characters IMMEDIATELY made disgustingly long vows of love or some kind of come on. like in high school all of my RPs were basically 100 meter dashes while also trying to rip off your own pants its so funny to look back on ahahahaha

Yeah, yeah definitely! For me it's mainly Dragon Age characters (because the whole series is astounding and I am in love with Dorian Pavus). That's what's so great about fanfic, too, is that it really helps motivate budding authors to write and complete works. And too, with so much support for AUs, there's a lot more originality in writing it than a lot of people assume, i think! Like, there are some fanfics longer than harry potter books and better written. it's really frustrating how they're all just blown off as """"weird""" or """a waste of time""" :u//
Oh god I pirate way too often ahahahahah, like my entire audio library is only pirated music/downloaded youtube videos ahahahahaha (some god of music strike me down, please) it's nice tho when networks put their stuff online for a short time for free!! I think that's smart and reasonable
Ahahahaha you'll get there!!! i feel it tho, like im super excited for college just for the independence and freedom,

SAME, aaaaaa!!! yes yes!!! also, wondering: should we wait some more on introducing the other characters? I feel like we could discuss the plot some more then bring them in, if you're comfortable with it of course!
also sorry if my last response was a little flat, i couldn't think of something more significant to write

shit that sounds really nice, ahahahaha there's like, one or two characters who i have absolutely no idea about. Like, the longer I have an OC the more ambiguous they become ahahaha

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-12-2016, 10:31 PM

oh yeah, some of my high school couples. "I love you," "No, I love you more." "I love you the most." *throws up* I wish I could reread more of my old ones.

Is Dragon Age a game? But I definitely do feel encouraged to finish fics I've posted. I think the culture now is much more ready to accept fanfic to published fiction than in the past. Even professionals approve of the practice and there are publishing groups that deal with it and all. Seems most people that know what fanfiction is don't look down on it like that.
I do try to spend when I have itunes cards and I've been getting albums for my car, especially the kpop! All the kpop! (for photobooks of my loves)

I'm thinking we might be ready soon. I was really getting excited thinking how they will turn out. But we could probably do a post or two introing them before the actual kidnap if ya want.
tis okay.

that's weird.

ArachnidBadkid

Old 01-13-2016, 05:24 AM

GOSH, I FEEL IT ahahahahahaha!!! I think me and a friend wrote, like, a 10+ paragraph kiss/confession scene? and the characters had only known each other for like, a total of several hours total <:u| ahahahaha at the very least, it's nice to see how much progress has been made!

Yeah! So far there are three installments of the series. If you're into RPGs, I highly recommend it! The characters are very well written, the lore is super immersive, and the romances are holllyyyy shit so so so so so great!!! and cute and very unique to each romance option!!
Mmmm, yeah that's a good point! Yeah, usually the people who crap on it are the ones who either don't read it or don't know very much if at all about it. I didn't know that about the publishing groups! That's super cool. Would it be okay if I read some of your fanfics, if you're comfortable sharing them? I bet they're fantastic!
Oh goodness, yeah itunes shit it's been so long (6+ years??) since i used it!! ahahahaha OOOO!!! What kpop groups do you like?? The dance routines are always so stellar!!! And the fashion!!! And the singing!! So cool and fun!!!

SAME OMFG!!!! I kinda have a feeling they'll actually be somewhat more mature about their emotions?? How do you think they'll turn out? And yeah!! That sounds ideal! Should we start with like, the mercenary group getting contracted to kidnap the prince? Also, should we figure out more about the invading nation/foreign power?

right?? ahahaha it really goes against intuition ahaha

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-13-2016, 06:00 AM

that sounds even worse!! XD Progress is so great isn't it?

Sounds cool and all, but I'm not much of a gamer. Is it a computer game? I don't have any platforms besides a gameboy otherwise.
There's options for sure. I mean, I know of multiple published words that were fics. Pshaw, I don't mind. I post them online so people can read the stuff. No point otherwise. My username on ff.net is the same as here.
You don't use itunes?! I can't live without it!! k-k-kpop. You like?
VIIXXXXX!! And shinee and exo and B.A.P and B1A4 and All The Kpop!

*snort* Depends on your definition of mature. >.>
Anyway, I'm thinking we might end this first scene now unless you want Bassam to follow Yang Li into the bath and peep. Then yeah, that's a good place to start. I'll have my characters interact before the kidnapping. And yeah, we should figure the other nation out soon here.