Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-04-2008, 01:22 PM

Now, I know everyone has their own style of drawing.

I have my own style but tend to not use it because it looks unprofessional, instead I mix some elements of my style with Tetsuya Nomura's style or Bleedman's style.

How about you? What's your style? Do you do anything with your style?

akemicchi

Old 02-04-2008, 01:58 PM

Well... I really hate the idea of me using someone else's style(s). ^^; I'd rather just draw things the way I want, but that's not to say I don't like experimenting. If there's a certain aspect of someone's drawings that I like, I try to duplicate it before breaking it down into basic shapes or strokes or even colors so that I can understand why it's appealing to me. Then I'll use what I learned to refine my own style.

I really try to avoid copying someone else, and I really, really try not to have people compare my style with someone else's. :3 I want people to think, "Wow, that's unique!" So, needless to say, I dislike it when people say things like, "Oh, that looks like so-and-so's style!"

xD Haha. That still doesn't stop people from comparing me, though. ;_; Over the years, people have said my style looks like Kouga Yun, Takeuchi Naoko, Himoru Arakawa, and a bunch of other various mangakas. But not all of them at one time, though. :< Mngh.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-04-2008, 05:49 PM

Part of my style is that fact that I'm just not as good as the pros. So I don't get the comparisons. One of my friends pointed out that I draw girls spathic, and guys girly. I like color, and hands all end up looking the same. Can I call that my style?

Lustral
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-04-2008, 06:16 PM

Strangely enough, my art style changes each time I draw.
Go to lustral1.deviantart.com (me) and you'll see xD

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 02-04-2008, 06:40 PM

I tend to use two different styles: one a sorta cartoony/slightly abstract chibi style, and one a half manga/half realism style. and then for things not people I sometimes use a realism style or a fantatical super curly style....

that kinda was confusing wasn't it o=

if you want example ---> http://www.winglessfairy.deviantart.com

i like my styles though o=

Heiyuu:i draw girly guys too!! X3

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-04-2008, 06:48 PM

Go girly-guys!

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 02-04-2008, 07:08 PM

personally i like girly guys better than muscly ones XD

morinae
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-04-2008, 11:58 PM

I draw in anime style. >.< I don't like it, but then again, it changes and improves each time I draw something new. I've never been able to stick to the same style for more than a month. ^^; I guess I draw manga style...I'm bad at proportioning and drawing guys though. >.<

encheslie
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to encheslie

Old 02-05-2008, 02:18 AM

MY style most resembles anime-ishness. Since... that's what I enjoy most! I'm not sure if it looks like any other prominent online artists... it looks pretty generic-normal to me...

Another I use (for class... XD) Is my best attempts at realism, but I don't see that as a style... ^^

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-05-2008, 06:32 AM

Well, let me think.

Eyes are screwy, there is no color, anatomy tends to be off, women tend to have huge boobs, arms tend to look broken, hands tend to look like fingerless blobs, legs look like uneven sticks, and men turn out girly.

xD That's about it.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 06:56 AM

anime realism is my favorite. I also do stuffed animal chibis and doll like chibi's from anime. I spend a lot of time actually making models and dolls and wooden props and such as a means of art on top of my architecture major.

i always focus on the eyes in my style, but the chibi characters are all more their look and cute factor rather than their beady eyes.

Javert
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-05-2008, 08:19 AM

I draw in Shoujo manga style- but my own version of it. Unlike typical shoujo art, I draw guys that actually look like men facially. XD. Or don't have big, girly, innocent eyes(A trait of shoujo manga that I can't stand.) I also don't draw my female characters wearing the latest fashions, or having the latest hair styles. They have whatever hair style comes to me. And their personalities definitely aren't that of the stereotypical shoujo heroine. I'm very proud of my style- I've never seen anyone else who draws similar to me. I hope that it never changes for the worse, as I don't want my art to look like that of every other artist who draws shoujo styled artworks.

suppi
sleepyhead

Old 02-06-2008, 03:17 AM

I don't have a certain style.. 'cause my art changes every time I draw something different. D: I really hate it that way, 'cause there are times when I draw something really nice, but when I try to draw something similar again, I mess up. >>;

Sivv
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-06-2008, 04:04 AM

I have a pseudo anime/manga style. Umm if you're curious I have a deviant art: sivvility.deviantart.com
I really don't update too much.

Penny
*^_^*

Old 02-06-2008, 04:12 AM

I carry habits in the way I think about the face, and the rest of the world. And I definitely shape my lines a certain way. But I couldn't really describe exactly what it is I'm doing.
I also have symbols and objects that symbolize something to me. I use them often... I don't know.

How does one describe style?

Shadizilla
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Shadizilla Send a message via MSN to Shadizilla

Old 02-06-2008, 08:38 PM

It's hard to say what my style is at the moment, as I would like to think that I'm still changing and improving it.
I'm currently studying anatomy, and trying to find a more...realistic cartoon, with maybe a small amount of anime influence because there are aspects of it that I like.

I would like to say it's more of a cartoon style, but that's a lie at the moment.
But it's not really anime anymore, either. Somewhere in between.

Miss Degausser

Old 02-11-2008, 05:21 AM

Depending on what I've watched or read, my style tends to show elements of the show I justed viewed or the comic I just read.

I was always inspired by Bruce Timm and Alphonse Mucha's works. My style has small representations of their shading and curves.

Penny
*^_^*

Old 02-11-2008, 07:12 AM

I like to sort of riff off other's styles sometimes. I'll take a basic shape, or feature, or peice of shading and drag my pencil around until it's something new.

RyaLee
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to RyaLee

Old 02-11-2008, 08:00 AM

I take bits and pieces of art styles that I like and mash them together with a potato masher and hope they turn out nice ...

I Don't really think I have a set style but I do draw eyes and hair a certain way but I usually just don't have the attention span for one particular style.

I definitely have a colouring style that's more natural than anime and softer but a drawing style...nah.

dichromaticbeagle
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to dichromaticbeagle Send a message via Yahoo to dichromaticbeagle

Old 02-11-2008, 03:43 PM

I haven't stuck to one style as of now... It's still evolving. :)

And it'll keep evolving...until I can truly say, "THIS is my style."

But as of now..it looks somewhat fused and a little realistic.

tehrin
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to tehrin Send a message via MSN to tehrin

Old 02-12-2008, 01:00 AM

My style flipflops somewhere between western comics/cartoons and anime/manga. I sort of mix and match elements that I'm fond of, while adding my own uniqueish flares to it, I guess?

aonith
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-12-2008, 03:05 PM

I usually try to make my own style, or at least I don't tend to copy someone else.
In my drawings the charactars are half-anime/half-realistic.

Penny
*^_^*

Old 02-12-2008, 05:34 PM

I think it would be difficult to start in manga--or any simplistic cartoon style that has such standardized features, and find my own art voice.

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-13-2008, 08:20 AM

It depends on the situation.
For people, of late, I seem to mix a little macabre with faeries, or things of the deeper seas, or I tend to do really happy bright innocent things. Recently I've done more of the first, due to a guild I've made. Night elfish, childish, fae-ish creatures that are sent out to go kill rivals in a war..yeah it's based of a game. Lotsa fun, WoW. Sometimes I do bright stuff, just not a ton recently..Either way I love detail. It takes me forever, but I really love to add tiny little things, and for that reason it seems to take me a while to get anything done to my satisfaction.

For non-humanoids, I actually just prefer scenery. I paint my own sanctuary, I guess. It's usually modeled after some place I'd love to go in my head.

Sometimes I combine the two. I don't like gorey messes just for the sake of gorey messes. If something is there, there's a reasoning behind it--except on the rare occassion where I spilled or dropped something on a piece I was letting dry...then in that case..it's something I've done to fix the painting.

l K o t o k o l
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-08-2008, 06:39 PM

My Art Style always change though, it's weird. D;