ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:05 AM

Easy topic is easy. What's something strange that your pet does, or even a friend's pet does?

------

My cat loves to have her fur combed. She'll run a million miles per hour if she sees the flash of her comb coming out of a drawer, jump onto your lap, and start purring like a lawnmower. Doesn't matter where she is in the house....she knows. :XD

My cat will also have conversations with me. If I talk to her, she waits for when I stop talking and meows back at me like she's replying to what I've just said. She does the "Mama" and "Hello" thing, too.

alexandrakitty
Queenish silliosity

Old 04-02-2011, 12:13 AM

I have four cats. All of them are very different:

Marc Anthony loves to suck on my hand like a big baby. He also is afraid of trucks and ducks down whenever he sees one when I'm driving.

Heidi (a boy cat I was told by a vet was a girl!) loves to lie on his back and have his belly rubbed when some walks by him.

Harold loves to sleep on my head.

Veronica likes to be cradled like a baby.

Very spoiled little kitties...

Last edited by alexandrakitty; 04-02-2011 at 01:22 AM..

Vickicat
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Vickicat Send a message via MSN to Vickicat Send a message via Yahoo to Vickicat

Old 04-02-2011, 01:09 AM

I recently brought in a stray kitty who has been hanging around my house for about a year, I decided to try to keep him as a pet. He is the sweetest thing. He's kind of old and has been living outside for I don't know how long, and I guess he is starved for attention or something. He always wants to go back outside, but since he's a bit sickly, I've been keeping him inside so I can make sure he gets his medicine twice a day without having to hunt him down all over the neighborhood. I guess since I won't let him outside, he's really bored, so he has taken to following me around the house. Unless he is asleep or distracted, he will follow me everywhere. And he will start crying if I go in a room and shut the door. It's pathetic. XD He also wants to sit in my lap constantly. If I sit down, he is in my lap instantly. It's adorable if not a little annoying. Right now he is sitting next to me leaning against my leg as I type since my laptop is in my lap.

Arumaixana
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 04-02-2011, 01:24 AM

My cat is quirky for sure O.o

Let's see...
She eats lettuce, KD, hotdogs and shrimp. If we have shrimp in the house, she'll go NUTS. She's pretty independant normally (runs away when you get anywhere close to her XD) but when there is shrimp, she'll just leap up on the table and start eating it if we let her (which we never do) She also has an irrational fear of vaccum cleaners, and will hide in the chimney if I bring it out, even without turning it on XD You can only pet her at certain times of the day, and even then, it's just a maybe. The rest of the time is spent hiding or running away. She's adorable though, when she hides under the bed, she always forgets about her tail and leaves it sticking out. Oh and she likes to sleep on the keyboard of the laptop, I suppose it's warm. But once she deleted our wifi :O I love her though XDD

And don't even get me STARTED on my friends pets....

Winter Flame
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Winter Flame Send a message via Yahoo to Winter Flame

Old 04-02-2011, 02:46 AM

My uncles pet loves to scratch. Its her fault I have this little scar on my pinky >_> But eh its pretty small so its w/e lol.

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-02-2011, 03:03 AM

Ok, well, my "mom's" cat, which is technically my sister's but she loves my mom more than anything else. Well, she will cry and cry and cry until my mom picks her up and just holds her. Sometimes she will just cry to get into my mom's hobby room(which usually has its door closed) just to sleep in a box that my mom hasnt put anything in yet(due to said cat sleeping in it). Basically, if anyone but my mother tries to do anything with her, she will cry.

The other cat, well, he's just a whole other creature. He loves to chase his food. He will "play dead" if he thinks its time for him to eat. He will also let my sister do practically anything to him. She can flop him down onto her lap, on his back, and he wont do anything, except look at other people like "Whats happening to me?". Yet, he always comes back for more.

Aedmourne
The Dawnhammer

Old 04-02-2011, 04:25 AM

We had a cat for awhile, her name was Smokey, she was a black tabby cat, and she was rescued from the streets as a young cat. She had all sorts of strange habbits. One habbit in particular was, when we used to live close to Bear Creek (Medford, OR, USA) she would mosey on down to the creek and fo fishing for crawdads, the odd part was she never ate them, she just enjoyed our reaction when we came home and found just sucha gift neatly placed on the front porch.

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:15 AM

:drool: So many cat lovers. XD

<---ish in a happy place.

PumpkinSpark
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-02-2011, 05:20 AM

My friend's cat screams at her when she interrupts the cat while peeing.

QueenPeppermint
Queen Of Broken Hearts

Old 04-02-2011, 05:31 AM

My cat Misty and I will "talk" to each other. I say something and she'll meow back. My mom thinks I'm slightly crazy for it haha.

My brothers cat Pineapple will lick you to death. When she was really little everytime I'd start to whistle she'd come up to me, put a paw on my lips, then meow. When I stopped whistling she'd lick my nose. xD

My dog Merlin is a ninja dog. He will sneak into the house any chance he gets and sleep under my bed between stealing the cats food.

Ginger the family puppy... she's just annoying. I guess the funniest thing about her is when she plays fetch she likes to run just outside your grasp with the ball for a bit before finally giving it up.

Mouse, my moms cat, he's a funny one. He is super loving yet independant and cannot stand the dogs even though he's been around them since he was three and a half months old.

Zombee.
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2011, 06:13 AM

I have one cat named Boots, and he's quite the funny little guy. Do you know that chattering thing cats do when they see a bird or an insect, etc? Well, if you pant like a dog to my cat, he will do those noises. And even after that, if you're still doing it, he will chase you down and attack you with everything he's got. We have yet to find out why in the world he does this. xD

Mika Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2011, 02:00 PM

One of my cats actually likes water. One time she was sitting on the bathroom counter, and I wasn't paying attention and accidentally let a sink of water overflow, and she just sat there and let herself get wet. o.o

My newest cat is rather strange as well. When she was younger, she used to walk sideways, but she's mostly stopped doing that now. Also, whenever she scratches her ears, she whacks her head against the ground repeatedly while doing so. xD

wasabiisweird
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to wasabiisweird Send a message via Yahoo to wasabiisweird

Old 04-02-2011, 03:37 PM

My old cat, Cyrus, who recently died of Lukemia T.T, like, if you started panting for breath really fast and stuff, he'd start waving his ass from left to right, and then he'd pounce right up to your face. It was so fucking hilarious. I loved it. And he used to hump stuffed animals ALL THE TIME. Lawlzz. xDD

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 04-03-2011, 03:19 AM

Two of my five cats love the shower. They even jump in the shower when I'm in there. My one will stay in there until the water goes off. She also will claw the door way of my back door up when I'm gone and constantly meow until I get home. She doesn't like it when I leave. My dog crawls on her tummy across the floor or bed if she's too lazy to get up. She'll also pin you down and lick the inside of your ear.

mewmewkittylover
Annette Ruleroftheuniverse

Old 04-03-2011, 03:31 AM

Holy flank, am I the only one that doesn't have a pet cat? D: I have a pet snake, and he likes to hide in my gun safe if I let him out, then he never wants to come back out :P

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:54 PM

Dog time!

I have two dogs, who are both fecking insane in their own way. One of my dogs, the oldest, spends all her free time sleeping, as she's very old. Anyway, she has this weird habit of scratching her little pillow to exhaustion! She can spend literally over ten minutes scratching it, and turning around, and sometimes she even growls at it as if it did her some personal wrong. We can't understand why, as the thing is always in the same position, and she ends up not doing anything special to it.

As for the youngest. She likes to run around in a perfect semi-circle around our garden (to the point where there is no grass where she passes), and jump to the wall sideways, touch (or try to bite) a few of those weeds that grow all over the wall, and then repeat over and over and over again.

There is no telling what she will accomplish by doing such a thing, yet she keeps on doing it.

Kaizy-Kat
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-04-2011, 04:22 PM

I have a dog named Barkley. For lack of a better term, he's... not quite all there. He's adorable and the happiest dog I've ever met, but he does some very strange things.

He chews his butt until he goes bald. He pulls on his junk until pulls himself into a ball. He tries to eat his ears. He pounces and bats like a cat. His eyes will roll back in his head for no apparent reason. He grunts like a pig. He sneezes all the time. He bulldozes you and licks your face. He rolls around on his back. He sits like a teddy bear. He sleeps upsidedown on the couch. His fur is three different colors and textures. He's eaten a butterfly and a humming bird. He's run into lampposts and ball-hitches. He doesn't like cars or bikes.

He's a mess, but i love him anyways. <3

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 04-04-2011, 05:27 PM

My oldest dog how past away in 09 she was crazy at times. when we once lived in a 2 story house in the front door. we had a mail slot each time the mail would come trough the darn mail slot. Belle would run form up my bedroom down the stair case to skin her teeth in to the mail. that would come in form said mail slot a few times in that same house. she did hit her head more then once on the front door go after the mail. a other quirk the old girl had to her was sleeping on her back. looking like a dead roach in any dog bed we got for her.

As for my own dog Pippi she has a few odd habits. one of them is sleeping on top of love seat curled up on the cushion. she'll pick out the dog food she dose not want to eat. leave it on the floor then go eat the dog food she wants to eat away. form her dog food dish blow I blame Belle for that. Pippi like's clime on my shoulder when I hold her in my arms so I nick named her monkey for that. even hide her dog treats in parts of the sofa are rarely my bedroom. dig's a little nest in one spot on my bed to sleep in but I'm use to that.

Anaxilea
Slacker Queen
Send a message via AIM to Anaxilea Send a message via MSN to Anaxilea Send a message via Yahoo to Anaxilea

Old 04-04-2011, 06:34 PM

When we first adopted my Akita (dog), she had horrible separation anxiety. She was 2 and we'd gotten her from the Humane Society. We adopted her in July, so she grew used to us always being home... needless to say when school came around and we were always gone, she got a little upset for the first year.

THAT is pretty normal. What isn't is that we would get home from school/work and find... a little skirt on the carpet. We'd walk a ways away and find a little t-shirt. Then, closer to her bed, we'd find my build-a-bear, which she'd carefully undressed! She never ripped the stuffed animal apart, never mistreated it (except for a bit of wet fur). It's a mystery... was she trying to tell us that animals aren't supposed to wear clothes?

Saiyacookie
Completely off her rocker.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:47 PM

One of my cats just absolutely LOVES attention. You can do almost anything to him, as long as he's getting attention... he loves having his tail pulled, even to the point of picking him up by it. He also likes being patted really hard on the butt. If you pick him up by the base of his tail, he tries to rub his cheeks on anything near him. xD Most cats would run away, or try to claw you! My other cat certainly would. The attention loving cat also jealously stares at my other cat when he's being petted and the attention-lover isn't. He also has meow conversations with me, which is so utterly adorable. x)
I could type paragraphs about their personalities!

Skypyro
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-15-2011, 05:39 AM

I have a cat named Bob. When Bob is feeling lovey he not only likes to kneed you he also likes to pet your face. o w o

Thesmilefell
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-15-2011, 06:24 PM

Let's see.
My dog Sophie lays on her back with her feet straight up in the air when she sleeps. Her head will be tilted back with her mouth open, and sometimes she will snore.
It is the cutest thing. (:

The guinea pigs will chase each other around the cage, and it looks like they are playing tag. Also when they were little they "popcorn" where they jump around and look like they are twitching all over the place. xD

Yugiohlover73
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-15-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysiumFate View Post
Easy topic is easy. What's something strange that your pet does, or even a friend's pet does?

------

My cat loves to have her fur combed. She'll run a million miles per hour if she sees the flash of her comb coming out of a drawer, jump onto your lap, and start purring like a lawnmower. Doesn't matter where she is in the house....she knows. :XD

My cat will also have conversations with me. If I talk to her, she waits for when I stop talking and meows back at me like she's replying to what I've just said. She does the "Mama" and "Hello" thing, too.

My little sister's dog Trevor is so jealous. He can't stand for anyone to have anything before him. If we're feeding them, then he has to get his food first, or he'll sabotage every body else's food. One time he pulled my cat down from our trash can because she got her food first. Needless to say, we have to feed him first and her in the house. if anyone else is getting attention from one of us, he will go up to them and distract them, even if he is getting attention. Most of the time, he tries to bite on our arms to get us to rub him, but if that doesn't work, then he'll roll over on our feet.

Our cat Mother Kitty loves to be rubbed. So named because all she ever seems to do is have kittens.

AlbaRosaria
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to AlbaRosaria

Old 04-18-2011, 09:09 AM

Not even getting into the dogs since we have four with big quirks to them.

Freya, a silver-brown tabby, used to be mine and now is my brother's. (He kept kidnapping her!) When she had kittens right after becoming mine, she absolutely insisted that she was going to have them in my lap. She would talk to me and whatnot as well. Also, she would get so into rolling around and stretching that she'd fall of the furniture. She'd then blame us and end up pouting for the next hour or two.

Hermes Monet is my kitty now, Freya being my brother's. He is a white cat with one blue eye, one yellow. He carries stuffed animals all around my bedroom and if no one is in there that night, will sleep next to them. (Walked in on him doing said thing.) He also extends his paws under the door into the hallway trying to catch people and pomeranians walking by. Also does the 'Hello' thing. He isn't the brightest cat, but he is sweet. He will eat anything you give him where Freya would ONLY eat dry cat food. Oh, and he sometimes sleeps under the covers.

Moogle
Blogger

Old 04-18-2011, 01:16 PM

My dog will nap all day, then when it's time for both of us to go to bed at night, he'll have like a jolt of energy out of no where. lol. It's cute, but annoying when I wanna sleep. -___-

He'll do things like chase my hand around or lick my face and then hop away quickly.