salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-08-2014, 02:35 AM

Hi everyone,

I see a lot of start-up companies thinking just a *little* bit outside the box in terms of marketing. They post huge colorful stickers on the sidewalk, hide clever bookmarks in books, et cetera...all with their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or website URLs. Or, they do mass invites on said social media sites. Basically, low-cost or free marketing in the hope that random people will see or keep said sticker/bookmark and visit their site afterwards.

What can we do to recruit more people to Menewsha? I know that we have a relatively small, tight-knit community here. I do love that about this site. Are we planning to do more outreach to eventually have more members? If so, what ideas do you have?

I really liked (although did not participate in) the Yan adoption event. If we can make a public Menewsha Facebook page (not the group) to post awesome things like this, I'm sure we can get more people to join, and possibly more funding that way (from more CI-buyers).

Any thoughts?

jupiter
inactive account

Old 12-17-2014, 06:43 AM

I guess you'd have to go back to what made you join Menewsha, and what made you want to stay.
I thought the art was kind of cute, and there was a lot of involvement with the staff and NPCs when I first joined; of course it still exists, which is nice. Perhaps something a little less facebook-y and more geared towards what's popular right now. Istagram, tumblr, pinterest, etc. seem to be drawing in a bigger crowd because facebook has been played out and I feel like everyone and their grandmother is getting tired of the antics of the site. It has its uses, don't get me wrong, but I still roll my eyes when someone advertises "check out our facebook".

And the whole "small tight-knit community" isn't actually attractive to me. It has these connotations of elitism and exclusion.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-18-2014, 02:43 AM

Do you have any alternative suggestions?

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 12-22-2014, 05:18 AM

If there was a cheapish way to Print out flyers or cards/bookmarks to put in local/school libraries around the teen-Young Adult fiction i recon that would get us a few hits! I joined avatar sites from being 13 onwards and if they like reading or writing and hanging at the local libraries they are BOUND to be interested a cute little community like ours if we leave something on the notice board or by the popular trilogies!

Also, any small or large conventions happening over the next year should take a volunteer or two with them to hand out a few business type cards, just something simple like the URL and a slogan! So they can come check it out when they get home after they've had their fill in anime/manga stuffz!

Whole Milk
journal addict

Old 12-30-2014, 08:05 PM

Previously I've found sites via Tumblr, such as flight rising.
It's really easy to spread information on it and I think the art on here would be well received there.
And honestly Facebook is too public for me. I'm partially here because it's anonymous.

mysticalwolf
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-27-2015, 07:25 PM

I new to this site

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-29-2015, 10:11 AM

I dunno...it would seem that the closing of another popular site has driven up the Menewsha population...One might attempt to sabotage all other avitar/social sites?.....I AM kidding, of course! Lol!

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-02-2015, 08:12 PM

She isn't kidding.

adella_demona
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-09-2015, 10:35 PM

I found Mene when I was an active member on Gaia. I don't remember how I came across it, though. Somewhere in the forums.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-26-2016, 03:53 PM

I think I also found out about Menewsha from Gaia. Either that or through an ad on TekTek or something.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 10-30-2017, 12:19 AM

I keep name dropping Menewsha on all kinds of other sites.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-04-2017, 10:40 AM

I'm pretty sure I saw an advert for mene on tektek, but when my friend was like, "hey you should join!"
i joined
and then I think they left

:(
I stuck around because i really like the avatars + some of the people I've met. <3

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-26-2017, 10:16 PM

Has anyone suggested recruitment rewards?
Like, you invite someone, and then if they make more than like, 20 posts, you and them get a reward?