For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 03-20-2014, 10:40 PM

Anybody else watching BBC's The Musketeers? It's about some guys, you know, guys with muskets. As if we can't guess what it's about. It's a new spin on the Three Musketeers. In the picture, from left to right, is Aramis, D'Artagnan, Athos and Porthos.

I am really enjoying this version of it. There are a lot of strong female characters. There are ladies that can fight, but also ladies that are strong in other ways. Queens, thieves, and scholars, just to name a few. It's kind of funny that that's one of the big draws in a show about the Musketeers. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of exciting sword fights and political thriller bits. The men are all quite attractive and lovely to watch, but having all that plus awesome ladies makes me happy. :)

So anyone else watching? And if you aren't, why not? You definitely should be!

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 03-21-2014, 01:12 AM

I found out about this a couple of days ago and I cannot wait to get back to my own house in a couple of days and start watching it! So glad to hear about all the female characters!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 03-21-2014, 01:19 AM

It's really fun. I like sword fighting. As I said, the guys are all attractive and sword fighting, so that's a plus. And from the very first episode, the women are feisty and strong and it just gets better as certain characters get a chance to develop. One of the later episodes is even flat out about feminism. It's great. You wouldn't think you'd find that in a sausage fest like The Musketeers, but you do and it's wonderful. :D

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 03-21-2014, 10:18 AM

Makes me think of Arrow. Which is "technically" about Green Arrow and his man pain but the whole second season has been the women in the show (and I'm pretty sure the majority of the regular cast is female) is just the women running rings around him.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 03-21-2014, 09:16 PM

I watched the first few episodes of Arrow, but just sort of dropped that. I have a habit of being too lazy to go back and watch more. Maybe I'll revisit it someday.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 03-22-2014, 06:54 AM

It really starts to get good around episode 12 I think. I binge watched the first season, so I got hooked pretty quick.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 03-23-2014, 10:55 PM

I just saw an interesting looking .gif set for it on Tumblr, so maybe I'll go back to it. We'll see :)