yanyan13
im holding somethin long & hairy

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-28-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linapoo View Post
It's nice! A step up from that boring list. x_x
The only thing that bothers me is that the list extends outside of the white part of the website...
And that not all the shops have artwork haha. But, that's minor. Haha.

Edit-
I noticed how the NPCs scroll in the shops too.
This is interesting, but wouldn't it be better if they had some text or something? Hah, otherwise it's just kind of creepy.
Also, I think having the shopping cart scroll in this fashion would be nice too, so users don't have to scroll back up to see what's in their cart.
the list is indeed meant to take up the entire width of the browser window, to maximize use of space for tiling. it's still undecided whether the header needs to be resized as well

yep i've thought about floating the shopping cart, but that could pose some problems, so right now i'm still looking for other solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletSpamlet View Post
The contribution page looks great! No complaints there.

For the shops page, besides the changes already suggested, I think it might look a little cleaner if the tiles were all one color, then showed their custom color upon hovering, instead of the fade effect it has now. I do like the tiles better than the list, though. :D
yeah helly wasn't around for me to test the rainbow colored tiles on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexala View Post
Whoa, the shop tiles! It's a color explosion in there! That's definitely going to take some getting used to, although it's nice to see all those pretty NPC faces. ^^

I agree with Cherry that a more grid-like pattern would be nice. With all the colors, my eye jumps around pretty wildly, so a grid would help me navigate better. Also it would be nice if the tile arrangement were the same width as the header, and/or responsive to window/screen size.

The contribution page is so fancy now! I lurv it.
when all the shops have their own art, the layout should be easier to navigate

and yes, shops' art will receive some updates, we just don't have a date for that yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIM_ROCK View Post
I know the site isn't optimized for IE but the contribution buying section overlaps the previews meaning you can't try on half the items.

what version are you using?

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 02-28-2015, 09:02 PM

It was on IE 7, I know most people will have updated but for those stuck with it, IE 8 there is no problems with it.

Xogizmoox
Milk and Cookies

Old 02-28-2015, 10:10 PM

Gizzie found a site bork of sorts not sure if this is the spot I should report it but here goes I can not find the new event item in the DAC the mene typewriter set the whole guitar case and guns set I could not find any of the set in DAC if it is there can someone please tell me what name pulls up the stuff , what tag or so ? Gizzie wants to play with it ^.^

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 02-28-2015, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanyan13 View Post
when all the shops have their own art, the layout should be easier to navigate

and yes, shops' art will receive some updates, we just don't have a date for that yet
This gives me much squee. :D

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-01-2015, 03:01 AM

@ Gizmo - Looks like they haven't been added to the DAC yet.

linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 03-02-2015, 03:44 AM

This is unrelated to the shops, but I may have found a bug in the inventory for dev version on Chrome?
Not sure if it's like this on the regular layout, but I didn't experience this until I switched over. (And apologies if someone already posted about it, haha)

But when I equip something, a dialog box appears saying there is already an item in that layer, and it's saying it's the item I'm trying to equip. It happens about every time, and the loading icon for the item just keeps loading forever until I refresh. The item does equip, however. Hmmm, Not sure why this happens.

though I guess it's not a big deal considering it's in the dev version. :P

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-02-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
yeah helly wasn't around for me to test the rainbow colored tiles on
yanyan13:

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 03:08 AM

So... I'm coming across seacows... and curiously I clicked it but it disappears, says +500g, and nothing happens. What is this thing?

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 03:20 AM

I've seen the whalecow too (as well as a cute bacon-snake?). When you click on it, it says "+500 gold", and then a little later says "just kidding."

I don't know what it's for, but I like it. I assume yan is playing around with a new feature?

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 03:31 AM

I didn't see the just kidding. huh.

*checks* Haha it does XD

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-03-2015, 12:20 PM

SNAKON!!

What is this voodoo! Heavenly delicious food that slithers away from you?! Yan is EVIL

>8(

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 08:58 PM

Snakon? Is that... snake bacon?

They're so addictive to click on!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-04-2015, 03:07 PM

Yes, that's exactly what it is! Sentient pork products!

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 03-04-2015, 05:47 PM

Jelly, can we make brownies? :3

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 03-05-2015, 12:05 PM

Not sure if it's been mentioned... But I noticed that I can't drag an item from one drawer to another unless I switch from the dev theme to one of the others.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 03-05-2015, 06:36 PM

It's a known current dev style issue. Yan's already looking into it.

yanyan13

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-06-2015, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liztress View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned... But I noticed that I can't drag an item from one drawer to another unless I switch from the dev theme to one of the others.
this bug = fexed

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-06-2015, 04:31 AM

Are the snacons/whalecows just for funs, or are they testing out something you might want to use in the future? I ask because I found a lil bug with them, but if they're just for funsies there's no point in reporting it. But it would be a pretty big issue if they did actually grant gold/items/whatever.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 03-06-2015, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroase Delschatten View Post
It's a known current dev style issue. Yan's already looking into it.
Ah, ok.
Quote:
this bug = fexed
Yay for Yan! Unbork all the things! xD

yanyan13

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-06-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
Are the snacons/whalecows just for funs, or are they testing out something you might want to use in the future? I ask because I found a lil bug with them, but if they're just for funsies there's no point in reporting it. But it would be a pretty big issue if they did actually grant gold/items/whatever.
yeah its something we might use in the future, im all ears, what you find cherry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liztress View Post
Ah, ok.

Yay for Yan! Unbork all the things! xD
<8D

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-06-2015, 08:25 PM

If I find a snacon and click on it, then navigate to a new page, then hit back on my browser, the snacon reappears and I can claim it again. I've tested and I can do this infinitely, navigating to a new page and hitting back to click the snacon over and over and over. So if it actually gave me stuff, that would give me a quick and easy cheat for unlimited stuffs. Does that make sense? I can put it another way if that wasn't easy to follow.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-07-2015, 05:46 AM

I guess the question is, does it register it twice, or does it simply re-register the previous snake?

yanyan13

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-07-2015, 03:39 PM

ah yeah that shouldn't be a problem, ppl won't be able to collect from the same pet twice (even if they hit the back button and find the same pet there)

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-11-2015, 04:45 AM

Good to know! I couldn't tell whether it would actually register twice or not, so figured it'd be best to report it!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-11-2015, 07:06 AM

It will be helpful for if someone saw it right after clicking a link. I've had a lot of times where I see it right as the next link is loading.