NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 12-05-2013, 05:18 AM

Terry was growing slightly uncomfortable by how close Reid was looking him over. He avoided his gaze the best he could, until he just had to glance up. Their eyes met and he couldn't look away. So much concern.... How could this man, this TEACHER care so much for each and every student in this school? He blinked and shrugged, finally tearing his gaze from Reid's and looking out the window.

"Sir, is it true that you are gay?" he asked suddenly. He had heard the other kids talking about it, joking about it. Terry wasn't sure if he was gay himself. He hadn't had a chance to be around women, other than his own family.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 12-05-2013, 05:29 AM

Reid breathed out slightly. He hadn't expected Terry to actually respond, even if he knew the answer. When Terry inadvertently met his eyes, Reid could see something there. Layers. There was obviously so much beyond the surface of this young man, but he hid it all away. Bottled it up. He didn't want to push uncomfortable topics until Terry was content with his ability to communicate them, however, so he sat back a bit when Terry looked away.

He couldn't help but giggle when Terry looked back with his curious question. "Of course it is!" He laughed. "It's just as obvious as I am, but then, I embraced the fact that I was gay at a very young age. It wasn't a consideration of... figuring it out, so much as actually loving myself in the process. Because a lot of the people around me tried to change me." That was such a small portion of the story, it was almost laughable. "Do you think you're gay, Terry?" Reid asked, suddenly concerned. "You know, if you're wondering about that you can always come to me to talk about it. My door's always open." Metaphorically, of course, but he always had the door to his dorm room open so that he could hear even midnight knocks on the door for those individuals that were so wrapped up in their own minds they couldn't even sleep.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-05-2013, 05:36 AM

Terry was looking at his own fingers again at Reid's answer and question. Was he gay? The things he did with the other boys... Yet, he never really looked forward to them or even really enjoyed it... He became absorbed with looking at a mole on his pinkie finger until he heard the bell signalling dinner ring. "Sir... Are you in love with Mr Hughes?"

He had seen the two together a lot, talking and laughing. He had never seen the maths teacher look happy before, only when he was around Reid. He'd always wanted to know what that would feel like, what being in love was like.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-05-2013, 05:45 AM

Reid tilted his head. He'd never been given such a question before---especially not by a student. "Ah... no." He answered truthfully. "He's a good friend of mine, is all. Heh, and even so, I couldn't show disrespect---he's got a wife, and a couple girls he loves with all his heart." Perhaps it was true that Marcus laughed more, opened up more, when he was around Reid. But that was because of how he was known---a listener. A counselor. A friend to anyone that needed a friend, a good person, or as good as he could possibly be. He wasn't perfect, of course, no one was. But he tried to be.

Only then did the ringing bell strike in his mind. "You ought to get going to the cafeteria, Terry. I was going to finish up some grading, unless you want me to walk with you?" He backed up, spinning his chair back behind the desk.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-05-2013, 05:54 AM

Terry shrugged and stood, glancing at the time. He suddenly didn't want to leave the teacher's office. Reid was such a nice guy, such a kind and caring listener. Maybe he should tell him about his problems... He opened his mouth, but then closed it. No. He couldn't say anything. He smiled awkwardly and left without another word, walking down the corridor and towards the cafeteria.

He rounded a corner and walked into Pig and his friends. He sighed and tried to continue past them, but they wouldn't let him. "Where have you been? Bumming with some other fags? Been talking to that faggot teacher? You see how he prances about like some huge fairy?" The group laughed. Terry frowned. He didn't like how they were talking about Reid.

"He's a teacher. You shouldn't talk bad about him," he muttered, clenching his fists. The group "oooh'd" like the audience in a sit com. Pig grinned and looked at Terry like he was looking at something nasty on the bottom of his shoe.

"Ooh? He talks?" the Pig laughed, shoving Terry so he lost his balance and hit the floor. "You should just keep your mouth shut, Teacher's Pet."

Terry closed his eyes, realising he was about to cry again. He hugged himself on the floor as the group picked him up and dragged him into the nearest boy's toilets. They then punched and kicked him, finishing the job by pissing all over him. Laughing, they left him on the urine soaked bathroom floor. He sobbed to himself, clutching his beaten body in agony.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:19 AM

He couldn't focus. The pictures were all beautiful but he couldn't look beyond that now. He was too occupied with his mind. Poor Terry---what had happened in his life to force him to pull in and shut everyone else out? Reid sighed, standing and moving away from the desk, stretching and letting his hair down. He could distract himself, at least, with a few conversations with his peers. To talk with Marcus about their classes, see what was happening with Adam, if Dennis's flu was over now. He sighed, locking his door and turning the sign on it to red: Away. He walked quickly, down the hall and around the corner, pausing as Brycen and some of his usual friends came snickering and sneering out of the bathroom. That was odd. It wasn't unusual to see a few friends exit the bathroom talking and laughing, but they were curiously secretive. He tilted his head as they vanished around the corner, and he moved down the hall and to the door, pushing it open slightly.

He would have looked inside first, had he not heard the pitiful crying inside. Instinct took him in without thinking, to the source of the sobbing, to a stall near the back of the room. The crumpled form on the floor might have been him, had it been paler. "Dear God, Terry!" Reid's hands, stronger than they appeared, grasped his arms and pulled him out of the disgusting stall and to his feet, supporting him. "What happened... Oh, God, Terry... Did they do this to you...?" Of course they had. That was such a stupid question. He grasped the young man's face, pulling him to look up. "Are you hurt terribly? Oh, lord, Terry..." He should have gone along with the young man. Shouldn't have let him go off alone. Maybe...

Brycen had done it. He and his little friends. And Reid knew them all by name. "They won't see another day here." He muttered. "Can you walk? You can come with me... You should get some different clothes on before we go to the headmaster..." He nodded, hoping against everything that Terry would let that happen.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-05-2013, 06:32 AM

That voice... Terry blinked the urine out of his eyes and looked up to see Reid's distraught face hovering over him. He tried to tell the teacher that he was ok, but his mouth didn't want to work. He probably had a few bruises in his chest and torso, but other than that he was fine. There was no point Reid getting so worked up about it.

Terry was just amazed that Pig finally did something, after years of tormenting him, calling him names and threatening him... He gagged slightly at the smell and longed for a shower. He was glad that Reid helped him to his room to get a change of clean clothes and then guided him to the showers. He cleaned himself and looked at the bruises over his body. Once he was clothed, he limped from the bathroom to find Reid waiting nearby.

"Thank you, I guess..." he muttered, feeling embarrassed that his favourite teacher had to see him covered in piss. "I..." He knew that Reid wanted to take him to the headmaster's office, but he really didn't feel like it was a big deal. As they walked, he kept glancing at Reid until something slipped out. "Sir, I think I am gay. Is that a bad thing?" He had no idea why he asked it then, right when they were about to knock on the headmaster's door. He quickly muttered an apology and awkwardly looked about the waiting room at the various photos hanging on the wall.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:04 AM

By the time he had helped Terry to the public shower, Reid was sure it would have been easier to just take him to use his own. It was closer, after all. It was so painful to see Terry in such a state, limping, smelling of bodily fluids, probably embarrassed beyond words. He knew the feeling so well it almost drove him to tears again, but kept them at bay to help Terry. He was the one in pain, not Reid. Whatever negativity or slur anyone had to throw at him bounced off him as he bounced off the floor with every step. He paced as he waited for Terry to come back, restless. Brycen was already a troublemaker from day one, and he'd heard his other teachers complaining about how he wouldn't pay attention or would sometimes torment other outwardly gay kids. He especially targeted freshmen students that didn't know their way around.

When he came out, Reid put a protective arm around the younger man and led him on. The headmaster's office was on the highest floor, and it took up the bulk of that floor. He looked toward Terry as they headed that way, and managed a smile, pausing before he knocked on the door. "Terry. That's just fine. There's nothing wrong with you---it's who you are. Just like anyone else." He smiled, and knocked on the door.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-05-2013, 07:10 AM

The headmaster... Terry hadn't met him face to face like this. He'd seen him at assemblies and during dinner time every now and then. He didn't feel afraid, just a bit apprehensive. What sort of man would he be? The door opened to the elderly man with receding hair, who looked from Reid to Terry with a look of confusion. It seemed he had just come back from eating dinner.

"Reid...? What are you doing with this young man? Surely he hasn't been acting out..." The headmaster glanced at Terry, eying his recently washed hair. "Terry Price, is it not? I've never known you to be in trouble!"

Terry stared at his shoes. He knew he wasn't the one in trouble, but he still felt ashamed. Ashamed that he had to be so different. Suddenly, he felt dirty and used. His eyes watered slightly at the thought of what he had become. The school whore.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:19 AM

Reid shook his head. He, like several other teachers, knew the older man well, referring to him as Benjamin, his first name. "No, Ben, he isn't in trouble---" He glanced down at Terry, sighing. "Can we come in, please?" The headmaster nodded quickly, ushering them in and closing the door behind them.

"Now what's going on?" He asked, gesturing to the seating arrangement on the other side of the dark, wood floored room. The place was warmly lit, full of photos of the man and his family and a few places around the world he had visited. "Is something wrong?"

Reid nodded. "I found Terry in the boy's bathroom downstairs. He'd been attacked by a small group of boys I suspect have been tormenting him for a while now." He settled Terry down on one of the chairs. "Terry, would you want to explain what happened?" He hadn't been there, but he could see it in his mind. Being dragged into that stall and beaten---perhaps far worse things done. Left to gather himself up, eventually, and limp home. He didn't need to be there.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-05-2013, 07:27 AM

The headmaster smiled softly at Terry, waiting to hear an explanation from him, but words wouldn't come. His mouth opened and closed a few times before he shrugged and stared at his feet. The headmaster made a small noise, something that sounded like understanding. Terry sighed and closed his eyes, wishing he hadn't been found by Reid. He would have collected himself eventually and gone to use the showers, continuing on like nothing happened.

The headmaster continued to smile as he looked over to Reid. "It's OK, Terry," he said briefly. "Reid, you must know the boy is suffering from selected mute-ism... Yes, I do remember him when he first started here... Barely said a word all year, didn't you Terry?" Terry shrugged again in reply, still staring down at his feet.

"He also has autism, but because of his apparent independence, we saw it fit to not assign a teacher's aide to him." The headmaster stopped there, leaning back on his chair, but still looking at Reid. "Do you know who did it? You know my stance on bullying in this school. I won't tolerate it."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:39 AM

Selective mutism was something Reid knew of perfectly well. He had spent five years barely speaking, making public school especially difficult. But he might have doubted the autism diagnosis. Behind those eyes, he could tell Terry was more than normal. Something in his life had pulled him in and refused to let him go, refused to let him come out of that shell. But Reid wasn't a doctor. He would probably be laughed at by a true doctor. So he shook his head. "I know perfectly well who did this." He stepped forward, pulling a pen from the cup on Ben's desk and scrawling down the names of the boys, with Brycen being the topmost.

"Bryce." Ben shook his head. "He's never learned, but... I suspected he was never foolish enough to harm another student."

"I presume he has a problem with authority. No doubt he has underlying anger issues that need to be addressed as well."

"Well, that will be up for his parents to take care of. He and his little gang won't be back on these grounds as long as I'm around."

Reid nodded, glancing at Terry. He was just like Reid not many years ago. Just about everything about the young man spoke to inner turmoil that he bit back, refused to put on others, even those that wanted to help him. If Reid hadn't found him, perhaps he would have done what the teacher was forced to do over the years. "If that's all, Ben...?"

"I'll need you to come back tomorrow, during lunch, Reid. You know what happened, so I'll need a more specific detailing then, when I bring in the boys' parents."

Reid nodded, and Ben let them go. Reid brought Terry along, out of the circular room and into the small sitting room outside.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-05-2013, 11:50 PM

Terry felt breathless, so sat on one of the many chairs in the room. He wanted to talk to Reid, to tell him something, but he couldn't find his voice. He hadn't really said anything for 3 years, meaning the most words he had spoken since then had been in the art teacher's office. He wondered if Reid had realised this.

"Th-Thank you," he stammered, peering up at the pink-haired man. Somehow, maybe it was a good thing that he was found. At least now Brycen and his gang would be expelled from the school. Many other students would be pleased as well. He smiled weakly and stood back up, his stomach grumbling. Maybe he wasn't too late for dinner... He looked over to the clock which hung on the wall. Yes, he had 10 minutes before those on dinner duty would clean up the food and wash the dishes.

He started towards the door, wincing slightly at the pain in his side.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:22 AM

Reid clasped his hands in front of him as Terry stood and started off. It was nearly the end of dinner, after all, and no doubt the student would want to get downstairs before it was too late. Even limping he would manage it. Reid jumped into action, hurrying to open the door for him. "Terry... I think after hours you should visit the infirmary... Just to make sure you're okay. They could have done some pretty bad damage." Fractured bones, broken bones, internal bruising, perhaps something that couldn't quite be found out until later, when it got worse. Maybe he worried too much about the students---but he couldn't help it.

Shaking his head, Reid sighed. "No, sorry... I'm... too concerned. It's your decision, really, Terry. If you decide you want to, though, and don't know where to go, then... just come by my office. Any time, Terry." He smiled, lightly patting the young man on the shoulder and hurrying off, down the stairs. He didn't want to eat, suddenly.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 12:31 AM

Terry tilted his head at the way his teacher was acting. He shrugged and walked down the hallway, almost getting to the hall when he ran into Python again. He sighed and tried to keep walking, but the boy dragged him into the nearest closet. "Comon, just a quickie, please?" the boy begged him, stroking his silky hair and kissing him softly on the cheek. Terry couldn't resist or say no.

-

He lay in his bed, staring at the roof above him. It was night time, so late that even Grinner was snoring in his bed. Terry couldn't sleep, his body ached and his stomach rumbled. He hadn't made it to the cafeteria in time and was too embarrassed to ask the lunch lady for something to eat. He rolled about until he couldn't take it anymore. He knew he could get in trouble if he was caught in the halls at night. There was a strict curfew in place at Holly-Oak.

He wrapped his dressing gown around him and crept quietly down the halls, finding himself outside of Reid's room. The door was open, which was unusual for a teacher to do. He peered in, wondering if the teacher was awake.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:49 AM

He made it to his office to find someone waiting for him: Marcus. The dark, stern man didn't have that serious, stony expression now. It was unusual for Reid to miss meals and a chance to talk to others, even while his mind was on schoolwork. "Why didn't any of us see you downstairs?" He crossed his arms, but looked genuinely concerned.

"Just a student, love." Reid smiled, making it genuine. "I have food in my room, so I won't go hungry." He gave the man a hug, and Marcus returned it in one of his rare shows of affection. "See you tomorrow morning, Markie." He departed the teacher, slipping into his office and turning the red sign to green: "Here"

~~~

He couldn't sleep. His active mind was replaying the afternoon's events like a bad movie, or memories he would prefer to forget. He brought out his easel, setting it up beside the soft chair in the corner and bringing out several lights for flawless lighting so his colors wouldn't mix badly. Tying up his hair high on his head, Reid started a new painting, saving his grading for the weekend, where the students had only three classes of their previous choosing on schedule. He had an art class, and a writing class, and the rest of the two days were free for him to do what he wanted.

He was finishing the background, a starburst pattern, when a shadow fell across the light and he looked back over his shoulder. He left his office door open in case students needed to come to him at any time in the night, whether they had to sneak or not. He was rather surprised to see Terry. Setting his brush in a jar of water, Reid stood up and turned the lights off, replacing them with one softer floor lamp. "Come in, Terry." He called, ushering the young man in. "Best not to be caught out without a teacher escort." Closing the door behind him when he brought the young man in, he turned to face him. "Is something on your mind?"

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 01:01 AM

Terry felt strange visiting a teacher at night time. He had no idea why he had wandered to Reid's room, or why he was bothering so much with the art teacher. He sat on a chair and said nothing, shrugging Reid's question off like he always did. He clasped his hands and looked at them, staring at the mole on his pinkie finger and his chewed nails. He bit them when he was nervous, though at the moment, he didn't feel nervous.

A lot of stuff rotated in his mind, so many things he wanted to ask and talk about. Yet, nothing seemed to want to form into words that he could speak. He found that he was shaking and steadied himself, looking over to Reid again and sighing. "Couldn't sleep."

His stomach rumbled audibly and he grimaced, blushing slightly at the noise. "I didn't make it to the cafeteria..."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:16 AM

Reid watched him move away, checking his clothes for paint splatters. His soft pajama pants and shirt were solid colors, but were a bright, nearly shining orange. When he found nothing on them, he followed the young man and settled on his bed with crossed legs. knitting his brows, which were just as pink as his hair, Reid bent over to reach under his bed and pull a bag out, tossing it lightly to Terry. "I was hoping you could make it in time." He said. "But luckily I keep a bag of food here in case I miss a meal or need a pick-up halfway through the day. Might not be the healthiest, but it gets the job done."

He glanced sideways, at the easel. What had he intended to paint...? It was always a question until he actually got into it, and this looked like it would be an abstract image. "I hope you'll be glad to know that Brycen and his little entourage will be expelled from this and future years." He hoped that, perhaps, the news would be good to Terry. Something that he could smile about, at the very least.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 01:22 AM

Terry thankfully took the food offered, still feeling embarrassed. He was glad that Reid didn't ask him how he had managed to be late and miss dinner. He had no idea how to even begin to tell them about the favors he did for Python and the others. He ate quietly, noticing the easel set nearby and the paint splotches on it that seemed to look like the night sky. Terry wondered if Reid had been painting it before he happened upon his bedroom.

He finished eating and again looked at Reid, opening his mouth but finding words failed him. He closed it awkwardly and shrugged. "Thank you," he muttered finally, trying to dodge Reid's glances. He couldn't look into those eyes... Those beautiful eyes that seemed to speak to him. Maybe Reid had had a troubled childhood too... "How did you find out? That you were gay?"

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:32 AM

He didn't watch Terry incessantly. Reid knew how it felt to be stared at without mercy, though it was hard not to keep an eye on him. What concerned him was the silence. There didn't seem to be anything wrong with Terry, beyond the isolated silence. It was more of a learned behavior. Don't speak, and no one can judge. Be silent and let them draw their own conclusions. He blinked, turning his gaze down and rubbing his glasses against his shirt sleeve as Terry spoke. His response was a knowing nod, and he looked up to the young man's troubled question.

"I... Well I never really found out." He admitted, slipping his glasses back on. "I always knew. Or maybe that sounds stupid. When I started coming of age, most other boys started liking girls. I, on the other hand, didn't. And I was never really... into sports or the rough stuff my classmates were. I liked to paint and draw, and play music and cook and sew. And early on that was a big problem for me. But, I guess I'm getting off the question---I just knew. It wasn't a big revelation, since I never questioned it. I fell into what I was without much headache."

He tilted his head slightly. "Are you having trouble coming to terms? You know you can talk to me about anything if you're confused, or worried." The last thing Reid wanted was to know that Terry had begun to hate himself.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 03:08 AM

Terry listened, staring into space as he imagined a younger Reid. He wondered what kind of boy the teacher had been. Would Reid have asked for favors from him too? Probably... It seemed everyone liked to use his body one way or another. He wanted to tell Reid about it, to ask him about it, but, again, no words came. He shrugged and fiddled with his fingers again. He had no idea why he was so interested in Reid, or why he wanted to talk to the teacher. He rarely talked to anyone.

"I don't think... I mean... I don't know if I am..." he said quietly, shifting uncomfortably. "I... Don't really... Well... I like my room mate, I guess..." Grinner was a kind guy and he was the only one Terry could say he was quite fond of. But were they boyfriends? He didn't know how to answer that.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:22 AM

He couldn't help but wonder what was in Terry's mind. What he didn't say. Behind those eyes, so much went on. Logical thought. Concepts. Ideas that just didn't have the right wording. Not yet. Maybe---hopefully---later. Hopefully Reid could understand more of this anomaly that was, curiously enough, just like he used to be. He put up his hand, grasping the elastic band in his hair and pulling it free. Since he wasn't painting, it didn't need to be out of the way.

"I see." He nodded slowly when Terry spoke. He leaned forward a bit, resting his head on his hands. "Have... you ever talked to anyone else about this? Or am I the first?" The way he acted, Reid was sure that Terry had never told anyone else. Perhaps his roommate felt alike, or didn't even know what Terry felt. While Reid wasn't a man with a degree in psychology, he could do what he could. It was a big part of why he was even here.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 03:33 AM

Terry shook his head. He hadn't said anything about anything to anyone before. There was just something about Reid that made him want to ask questions, to find out things about him. Maybe this was what it was like to have a friend? "I should go, its late," he said, standing and glancing at the digital clock beside the teacher's bed. Besides, this was getting strange. If someone saw them in the bedroom together...

"Thank you for the talk, Mr... I mean Reid... Sir..." It felt strange calling a teacher by his first name, and yet... It was quite welcoming to be able to. "I'll see you in class." His next class would be in a few days. He wouldn't be seeing Reid for awhile, but he didn't mind. Once he had finished his topics, he could visit him and ask him some more questions. Maybe he could tell him a little more about himself... Maybe...

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:50 AM

There might have been a change in Terry---minute, so small that no one else might have seen it, because they wouldn't have been looking. Or maybe it was just Reid's imagination. That Terry seemed to be... not so down. Happier? Could he use that word yet? Either way, Reid smiled brightly as Terry stood to go. "I do hope to speak with you again soon." He said truthfully. "And you know, if anything happens, at least come to me." He absently brushed his hair with his hand, standing to accompany Terry to the door, opening it and looking out into the dark hall. "Do you think you can get back without being noticed? I don't mind helping at any time, but curfew is king of strict, still." Usually when a student was caught coming or going, Reid could clear it up with the headmaster and get them off the hook for both that instance, and those in the future. The excuse 'going to talk to Reid' was well-known throughout the junior grade, though not abused as Reid could easily deny that many meetings.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 04:00 AM

Terry looked up and down the hallway as well. He often walked the halls at night, visiting those that asked for favors. He had never been caught. "I'll be OK," he whispered, flashing Reid a rare grin before stealthily sneaking away. He made it to his room with no incidents and crawled into bed, facing Grinner and watching the boy sleep. He wondered what his room mate's real feelings were for him. He searched deep inside, but he couldn't find anything that resembled love for Grinner.

-

His next few days were as uneventful and boring as ever. The school seemed to be a better place without Brycen and his gang, and word quickly spread about who had caused the bully to be expelled. Where ever Terry went, he heard whispers about him, about what he did for others. A rumor started to spread that Terry had slept with the Headmaster to get Brycen expelled. Terry ignored the rumors, even though they started to grind him down.

Eventually he was going to the toilets to cry before classes, hoping no one would see his blood-shot eyes and ask why he had been crying. He was happy to go to art class, where he sat at a different table, next to Curly and right up the front of the class room. He wanted Reid to notice, to say something... To help him... He wasn't sure if he could tell the teacher about the rumors...