Cookie Clone
Just a Copy

Old 01-03-2018, 07:56 AM

Talking to my coworkers at work sometimes it like forcing my braincells to commit suicide. So painful! x_x

Yeah, I just got Sims 4. They had a pretty decent sale for Black Friday and I got a bundle with pets. I haven't been playing it hardcore, just keeping it open and making them gain skills. I mean, I guess there's no wrong way to play Sims, but I feel like I'm doing it wrong.

Sims 3 was my favorite. It had way more customization than you get in Sims 4. I miss that little control element like giving furniture different patterns and colors and stuff.

But 4 is fun. I can go to work with my Sim. The city pack has little festivals and food stands. Pets has a lot of weird DNA, like you can have a raccoon cat. I've really only made a Boston Terrier so far, but there's a lot of room to make weird pets.

I really only watch anime and random "did you know" channels on Youtube. A lot of my real life friends do not watch anime. So I can talk about a lot of hardcore anime nerdy stuff, or random factoids I learned on youtube. The other day I started a discussion on bullying in Korea and Japan (which is featured in loooooots of manga, anime and manwha) and my coworker was just nodding along cause she didn't care. But whatever, it passed the time for me.

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 01-03-2018, 08:05 AM

What I loved most about Sims 4 so far is that biological sex isn't so limiting. Like, I'm a gay man, and most of the time I play Sims I do the Legacy Challenge (have you heard of it? I've been playing it since Sims 2, it's actually... lost its novelty, although it's an interesting way to play).

...So my point is that it's nice I can get pregnant from another dood. D: Although, I forget if this is foolproof outside of Create-A-Sim. Like, once I create my Sim and unleash them into the world, can their daughter impregnate someone? I think once Sims are born they don't get the same open-ended ambiguity. D:

I really liked the process for creating the Laundry Day pack, too - I voted along for that but I was pissed that it ended up being laundry. The eco living idea sounded like it'd be a blast! I don't get Simmers' fascination with laundry.

And fuck them, Cookie, your interests are cool! I'm not into anime/manga myself, anymore, but it's something that any human with half a brain cell has at least experimented with! ...Oy, now I'm making it sound like cigarettes or alcohol or some such... But Idk, everyone does anime! Everyone smokes manga! D:

I actually miss my manga days, because some of the most interesting storylines of my childhood were found within manga.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-03-2018, 08:15 AM

just eat their birthday cake and screw them all!

Cookie Clone
Just a Copy

Old 01-03-2018, 08:19 AM

I am completely tickled that there's an option to make a male sim get pregnant. I haven't let my Sims get knocked up yet though. The boyfriend's gotta put a ring on it. I'm just too lazy to plan the wedding.

Hmm, not sure if the daughters go out into the world to impregnate people. Must experiment further!

Before I even got Sims 4, I stumbled upon a Sims 4 smexy times mod. You can make your Sims completely nakie and they gain a exhibitionism skill and all sorts of crazy stuff. People get pretty damn creative with mods and stuff!

I mean, I haven't experimented with that other stuff, so anime/manga/internet is my drug!

Lately, I've been reading more Korean comics, just because of sites like Webtoon having Noblesse, which is gorgeous and actiony and awesome. And there's Lezhin and a bunch of other sites offering Korean comics. I just like how options are opening up all the time. I still follow some manga, but I let it build up a few chapters before I read. Cliffhangers can drive me crazy. So sometimes I'll just let a whole season of an anime pass me by and thing binge it all later. That means I have an incredible backlog at the moment. And instead of ever decreasing it, I watch bunches of silly youtube videos because it's less commitment.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-03-2018, 08:24 AM

preggers males

Cookie Clone
Just a Copy

Old 01-03-2018, 08:30 AM

So, if your male Sim gets abducted by aliens, they might come back pregnant and have an alien baby! I watch Dan and Phil videos and their Sim got abducted and had a baby.

But yeah, it's fun. I don't want real babies, but I can give my Sims babies.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-03-2018, 08:46 AM

an alien baby

Cookie Clone
Just a Copy

Old 01-03-2018, 08:55 AM

Yep. It was blue. But you can give it a human disguise.

Anyway, long past bedtime for cookie. It was nice talking to you my dears. I shall be back tomorrow, hopefully with chicken and dumplings!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-03-2018, 09:05 AM

good night, cookie my cookie clone

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 01-03-2018, 01:31 PM

SIM TALK!

I still play The Sims 1 the most because I know how to edit the coding and I have so many cool downloads for it. I wasn't allowed to have 2, so I played 1 for years and years. I know it like the back of mine hand.

3 and 4 are so complex and realistic that mine imagination goeth crazy with making imaginary lives for my Sims to follow. I can make some
beautiful Sims. My families are made as big as they're going to be—no marriage or babies. And I… strictly manage their lives. 'Tis frustrating to manage, to say the least, but if I want twin dolls who are hermits and were taught to distrust this planet, I want twin dolls who are hermits and were taught to distrust this planet! All of my 3 and 4 Sims are dolls to me. *giggle* It maketh playing the game less awkward for me since they look so real.

I was sad when I saw the lack of customization (and no toddlers‼) for The Sims 4. I had been told the graphics were easier on the machine, and when the game came out, I saw why.

Plus, those stupid EA updates have a habit of borking my game. No updates or any online stuff required to play The Sims 1. Just the way I like my games. Unless they're, you know… the online games with the abbreviations like MMO and RPG and MMORPG and all.

Last edited by Amane; 01-03-2018 at 01:49 PM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-03-2018, 01:43 PM

good morning, squirreliegirrelie

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 01-03-2018, 01:52 PM

I have a habit of hinting at what about which I want people to ask me because I fear they won't care if I just say it. And then they don't pick up the hint and ask and I am very sad.

Facade

Old 01-03-2018, 04:15 PM

I like Sims 4 a lot - the world seems way more manageable, really. They did finally add toddlers to Sims 4, which was nice if not absurdly late (why did they think no one would care that babies went from infant to elementary school kid!? ). I think the free updates to the game are pretty high quality, so I can't complain there. And I like their Game Pack concept as one step between Expansions and Stuff Packs.

I just get lonely playing by myself, so I devote less time than I'd like to Sims. D: I played Sims Online back in the day and that was THE SHIT, MAAAN. There's been a player-supported and hosted Sims Online server for the past year, but it's slow in development (but fully available online, I just don't have PC so I can't play).

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 01-03-2018, 06:06 PM

I've never played the Sims. :D
It looks like fun, though.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 01-03-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facade View Post
(why did they think no one would care that babies went from infant to elementary school kid!? )
Sims 1 babies. Three days as a baby in a bassinet; straight to school-aged child for all eternity. They wanted to simplify things, so they were probably like, welp, it wasn't too simple back then, so… Wasn't The Sims 2 like that, too? Was it not? Dost thou know?

I forgot about how thou dost not get to see the world all colored in in The Sims 4 when thou art picking a family/house. That also made me frown, but I knew it must've been graphics.

I yam a stubborn solo gamer on all platforms. Again, unless it's an online game. Then I play alone and chat as I play. No group work or PvP. I love chat. As thou canst guess from my performance on Menewsha.

Maybe I can see if my game will still work after the updates and play an adorable toddler or two.

Facade

Old 01-03-2018, 09:32 PM

Nah, Sims 2 definitely had toddlers! I remember because I always felt like potty-training toddlers/parenting overall was the most challenging in that game!

I'm mostly the same way, Kat - I don't like PvP at all, although having company is nice. But I always play at my own pace and in my own time, so sometimes having company isn't possible.

Cookie Clone
Just a Copy

Old 01-04-2018, 01:00 AM

Ah!It's all Facade's fault that I went to the mall to see if the calendar store was still there. And I bought a board game. Most of the good ones were gone, but I bought an interesting sounding one. And now I have a snow day too. Work has decided not to open, at least not during my shift. But nobody here will play it with me, so I'll just play Sims and try to clean my room. I guess tomorrow can be my Sims wedding day. I'm just hoping that we don't lose power!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-04-2018, 01:02 AM

Cookie my cookie clone

Cookie Clone
Just a Copy

Old 01-04-2018, 01:15 AM

hummy my hummy

Facade

Old 01-04-2018, 01:47 AM

Facade my Facade.

What’s the name of the board game you bought, Cookie!?!

Cookie Clone
Just a Copy

Old 01-04-2018, 02:01 AM

Facade my Facade, it's called Furt, The Volcano has Spoken and it seems pretty silly. There were a few potentially interesting games, but this one seemed like it had the most going on.

Facade

Old 01-04-2018, 02:15 AM

Ah, now I'm watching this walkthrough of it and thoroughly amused.

And I've played Quelf before by the same game publishers, so it must be awesome! Quelf is absolutely hilarious.

Cookie Clone
Just a Copy

Old 01-04-2018, 02:31 AM

It has a sticker on the box that says it was Game of the Year in 2011, so it must be pretty fun.

Should I watch the walkthrough or will it spoil the fun? Hmmm.

---------- Post added 01-03-2018 at 09:33 PM ----------

The way he says volcano bugs me. "Val-Kay-No" x_x

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 01-04-2018, 02:36 AM

Is that not how people say "volcano"?

Facade

Old 01-04-2018, 02:37 AM

Well, he ended up being a bit critical of it, but it was funny to hear the elements since I didn't really read the website you linked to.

But now I really like this game reviewer's YouTube channel! He's interesting and seems to have solid taste and review games I've never heard of. For years I've watched Wil Wheaton's TableTop series on Geek and Sundry's YouTube channel, which was loads of fun too... always blows my mind how many board games there are!

---------- Post added 01-03-2018 at 09:38 PM ----------

And I guess I say volcano like "vahl" or "vuhl"-cano, I can't tell which one is more like how I say it. D: