Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 01:00 AM

Hay y'all, this is going to be where I record my adventure throughout the island of Menewsha in order to do...something. :ninja:

Last edited by Elirona; 11-02-2011 at 03:47 AM..

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 03:47 AM

I've lived in the town of Franklin Point all my life with my parents. My parents are very wealthy; we usually sojourn to many places off the island. They're nutty people; my dad told me he named me after his friend, a potato farmer. He died in a potato-related incident.
Anyways, my parents were going to leave me behind to go away for a couple weeks, & were sending me to live with my aunt in Menewsha. I was spying on them the night before while they were laying in bed. Since my room is right above theirs, I can usually hear what they're saying. My mom was talking about my aunt. "Y'know, I wonder what happened to her husband," my mother said to my father.
"I thought he left to examine the active volcanoes," my father replied. "I don't know why he'd want to do that, since the heat from the magma feels like a conflagration from the rims. Anyways, are you going to tell Eli we're leaving him behind, or am I?"
"I will," Mother said.
Surely enough, the next morning they gave me the news. "You're going to stay with Aunt Sophie in Menewsha, but we're too lazy to provide any means of transportation for you," Mother said.
Basically what happened after that was: I yelled at them, grabbed a backpack with some clothes & supplies in it, & sprang out the door on my adventure to Aunt Sophie's house.
Now, here's the catch: I've never been anywhere else on the island.
I stopped and looked around for someone who looked weathered & strong, because they most likely knew the way to Menewsha. The person I asked had a big, fluffy white animal with him. I exclaimed, "OMG, is that a llama?!"
He looked at me funny. "It is indeed a llama. What can I help you with today?"
"Do you know how to get to Menewsha?"
"Go East, since FP is on the western tip of the island. Be careful though; there's a hunting lodge not far into the forest. Don't step in one of their traps," he replied, and wandered off with his llama.
"Thanks! I like your llama," I shouted after him. I took one of the compasses I had out of my backpack and tried to look at it, but ended up dropping it because an explosion came from the magic shop I was standing in front of.
Someone from inside shouted, "Watch out!" A piece of metal came flying at my head. I ducked & left, angry. See, this is why practicing that hocus-pocus is bad.
I sighed, "Oh well, I've got another one," and pulled out the second compass. When it pointed East, I immediately left the town and jumped into the forest on the border of town.
After walking for a while, the sun began to drop below the mountains in front of me. My stomach growled. Why didn't I pack any food? I looked around and found an apple tree ripe with fruit. I dropped my sack and began to climb the tree, on a mission.
When I reached the branches where the apples hanged, A brown blur zipped by & rustled the branches. "What was that noise?!" I gasped, looking around. I grabbed some fruit and started sliding down when a squirrel attacked my face, knocking me off. I threw it off my face and the squirrel ran away. "Damn animals," I sighed, picking up my apples & pack, walking & eating.
I saw the same squirrel sitting in the grass, eyeing my apples. He looked hungry.
I said, "Here you go, rat," tossing it an apple. He caught it, blew raspberries at me, and ran off. I gasped; I had been bamboozled by a squirrel.
I finally came to a clearing and began to set up the tent I had in my pack, because the clearing seemed to be an appropriate sanctuary for the night.

Last edited by Elirona; 11-03-2011 at 04:11 AM.. Reason: Edited for highlighting purposes.

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 11-02-2011, 09:55 PM

I would suggest to be careful put a blank space between your paragraphs and to go easy on the & next time, but I did like the menewshan volcano homage and the "I had been bamboozled by a squirrel" bit x3!