hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-14-2017, 03:20 AM

I think I need to pay better attention.
maybe take notes...there could be a test!

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 09-15-2017, 01:27 AM

My brain has just spent too much of this lifetime steeping in Post-modernism and Surrealism so I just feel like I have a special understanding of a lot of David Lynch's work.

Consarn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-15-2017, 03:14 AM

I just watched the first episode and what....
What did I just watch?
I see what you meant by it being a trip Apicula.

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 09-15-2017, 03:40 AM

Ah yes, episode one of season 3. I remember those days. *Sighs wistfully* Haha

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 09-15-2017, 04:11 PM

Guys I definitely want to be Diane for Halloween, but I can't decide which outfit from the show I want to try to emulate. Because it seems as though it's impossible for me to pick costumes that people would actually know. I must always choose pop culture figures that I'm confident I can pull off, but I will have to whip out my phone to show people my reference image so they can appreciate the effort.

At least with the wig people will be able to tell that Yes This Is A Costume unlike when I did the Log Lady. Someone actually told me they just assumed I was an eccentric kindergarten teacher. I just wanted to be like, "That's a weirdly specific concept for a Halloween costume, but I understand that vibe I guess."

Eldweena
Gaming FFXIII-2

Old 10-01-2017, 02:33 AM

I've never seen it before but I think Netflix has it up now. I've been thinking about checking it out but there are other things I'm more interested in, like The Blacklist season 4.

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 10-05-2017, 04:40 AM

I totally get the "I'm interestaed, but there's other things that come first" life. I feel like that's a constant state for me.

If you like off beat, tonally dissonant surrealism combined with a pretty compelling mystery I would definitely suggest Twin Peaks. It's got both emotionally charged scenes and laugh-out-loud "I don't know what's going on, but this is delightful" moments.