Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-17-2014, 05:27 AM

Awesome pictures! You did a great job with the frames. And your friend did a great job with the art, of course!

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 10-17-2014, 06:52 AM

Cheers for the compliments, I shall pass them on to the artist shortly!

In other news, I'm got some more work done on my back tattoo on Wednesday. 2 more angels on my right shoulder. Doing the rest of the back ground in quarters so that i can still sleep on it and such and its not so bad for work either.

And I'm going camping with my old man and a friend of the family over the weekend. First time I'll have gone camping with him in years I think, so this could be interesting. Friend of the family is in a bit of a bad place at the moment so we're gonna see how things are I guess. I found out whilst packing that a particular box I have fits my mess kit and cooker in it perfectly, so thats my new camping box! ^_^

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 11-07-2014, 11:44 PM

OK, so camping was fun. I got to see my old man shit faced drunk for probably the first time ever in my life. He's clearly on the road to recovery after his operation a few months back, which is great to see!

The young lady I mentioned previously, is mental as hell. No potential for anything more there, but she fucks like a demon so I'll continue to enjoy that benefit occasionally I guess. There was also another one that told people we were dating. Yeah, apparently she whinged to everyone for a good week or so afterwards about that, including to my ex. I also found out some stuff about the ex too that just clarifies that it was a good idea for me to have gotten out of that situation. She still makes stupid decisions about the people around her.

I'm also still waiting to hear back about this job. I'm hoping by the end of the month I will know something. I've been chasing them up and they've finished the interviews (so it would appear I passed all of those since I didnt hear back otherwise) and now they should have made their short list up and presented that to management for approval. After the last call finding out they were just waiting on that I took it as a bit of an unofficial confirmation that I'd gotten onto the short list or I'm sure I'd have heard back that I hadnt made it by now. Time shall tell though.

My best mates sister had a halloween party that I decided to go to as Bane. I previously had a costume but the outfit sucked balls. It had a major draw back of being a one piece outfit that didnt have a fly on it, which meant taking the top half off and pulling it down like a kid to stand and pee. Not cool, because if I got dribbles on the suit, when I put it back on, they'd be under my chin! So, to fix said problem and make a WAAAYYY better outfit anyways, I made the shirt myself. Heres how it turned out using the other accessories from the first outfit with the new attire.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-09-2014, 05:40 AM

You know how to pick 'em, eh?

Sweet costume! Let's be DC baddies together and beat up on Batman.

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 11-10-2014, 07:39 AM

As many mates have said to me, I'm a crazy chick magnet. I dont go looking for them, they just find me. Its bizarre sometimes!

And I like your suggestion. If I make it to the states, I think we should do that! Maybe I'll swing by for halloween or something and we can go pretend to beat up kids dressed as batman and then let them beat us up instead?

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 11-15-2014, 08:13 AM

So we had another weekend up at the farm and it was a mates bday and possibly my last boys weekend up there if this job comes through... So I decided it should be a big one and go out with a bang... Yeah, that was a REALLY dumb idea. Even in our little spot we have for my special toys to contain the blasts, I still very nearly started a bush fire. It was WAAAAAYYYYY drier than we thought and shit caught on fire REALLY easy. After we'd finished madly putting out the fire, all the toys I had planned to use were put away.

We did a bit of shooting too while we were there, and it turns out, I've still got the eye! It surprises me every time I actually shoot, because its so long between it happening that I feel like my natural skills are disappearing, and then I surprise myself! 4 shots, 4 hits and 3 kills, all in the space of about 20 sec I think. One of which was even a head shot, and the rest were clean kills too.

On another note, there were infinity bugs up there. Yes, infinity bugs. The whole way there (about an hour drive) they were constantly hitting the windscreen. I cleaned it before I left, and now it looks dirtier than it was before I cleaned it! They were so thick up at the farm that we set up a light to try and draw them away from us, and left that going all night! Even so, they were EVERYWHERE!

I also decided that I wanted to take one of the quad bikes we had up there for a bit of a run up and down the dirt road. After standing up for a while whilst driving in the dark, feeling almost like I was flying... I have to get my fucking motorbike licence already!

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 11-22-2014, 01:40 AM

So I heard back about the job, and I didnt end up getting it. Im not mad or sad or anything, I'm just happy that I've got an answer and I can carry on with my life again instead of having everything on bloody hold! Its mental being in limbo for a few months, but now I can look at getting a new place, moving somewhere else thats better and cheaper and probably a bit smaller too. I dont need this much room. It also means that I can get some of my projects up and running and get on with being creative! And maybe, just maybe, I'll think about the possibility of getting attached to some one while I'm here. maybe.

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 12-01-2014, 09:51 AM

I cant feel a lot of things. A lot of human emotions escape me and my ability to experience them. This sucks. I dont understand people. I can read them and understand how and why theyre thinking things, but I cant feel it, I cant experience it and be part of that.

Except once. Just once, I felt something that made the world light up. I got an insight into people I could never have understood without it, but more than that, I was part of it, of that moment, that feeling, that experience.

But that time is gone, faded, jaded, destroyed and being forgotten. I'm even watching it being taken advantage of after that moment passed, and my caring and empathy and interest is no more than passing curiosity when the subject is brought up. Mostly to see whether the things I tried to impart were retained, which it largely appears they werent from what I'm seeing, and which amuses me slightly. Like that feeling of the single breath laugh to express minor mirth, but it doesnt even amount to enough to elicit that response. Insufficient humour from past to elicit laugh. Laugh denied. And life carries on.

So, that said, if I'm interested in some one; theyre interesting, cute, fun and funny, and maybe, just maybe, they might be able to make that feeling shit happen again... is it worth pursuing that infinitely small spark of possibility to feel those feelings, or is selfish, and hurtful to get into something that I know probably will fail and I'll hurt this person to some degree?

The reasons why it wont work are already apparent to me. But what if this is an exception case? What if something could happen? What if something does happen?

What if, what if, what if?

Is it better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all, when that means hurting some one else in the losing?

And yet despite everything, I continue with my philandering ways, even as things should possibly be drawing to a close.

Actions speak louder than words. Every fucking time, without fail. Do I subconsciously know this wont work and so continue in my current behaviour regardless?

At the very least, I feel I should add this confusing notch to the already lengthy notched belt. Poor form not to I suppose. And if something develops from there, then maybe we'll see where it leads?

tl;dr
Should I date her or not, knowing it probably wont work?

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 12-05-2014, 04:26 AM

Go with your gut Droopy. You never know what may happen with the right person in your life, yah? And if you set yourself up in your mind to fail from the get go. Well.

Quote:
... a girl(guy) likes to be crossed in love a little now and then.

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 12-05-2014, 09:36 PM

You make a good point Woody. If its worth attempting anything, have a damned good crack at it or dont try at all. Aim to succeed, not to fail. *nods* I think I'll do something with it. Possibly late this weekend maybe, or maybe not if the timing is not right, because its all about timing.

---------- Post added 12-06-2014 at 08:55 AM ----------

In other news though, I've been looking for a new house the last couple of weeks. I got a private inspection for one place by an agent after not getting the place I looked at, and was approved that afternoon. Though I'd looked at a place earlier in the week that was really good, much better than that one, and since it was with the same real estate company I was already with I rang them and put a little pressure on them to get back to me before I went to pay the first place I'd been approved that afternoon. They called back not even 10 mins later saying I'd been approved for the awesome place so I was absolutely cheering about that, and then told the first place I'd been approved at a better premises. They didnt mind too much.

So, now I have to start the packing process again. Pain in the butt, but very much worth it I think!

New place is up a hill so I should get decent reception at least, and its a newly built place too, so all modern kitchen and bathroom! Its also in an area where the NBN (fibreoptic internets) has been installed and activated, so I can get brilliant speed internet! REALLY looking forward to that!