salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-03-2016, 06:14 AM

How many jobs have you had?
What industries have you worked in?
Were they part time, full time, unpaid, or internship?
Did you have to balance working at the job along with school?

Jesikins
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-17-2016, 10:58 AM

Hello there.
I've had about 8 different jobs and I'm only 24!
I've worked in the food industry, customer service, and done care work.
I've never had to juggle work around school (unless you count a paper round) but juggling work around having a child is pretty difficult! I'm going to back to uni in 3 weeks and will have to juggle uni, work and my kid! Dreading it but it will be worth it in the end. I guess I will get into some sort of routine.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-18-2016, 09:04 PM

That's so amazing Jesikins that you will be balancing parenting, working, and schooling all at once! It sounds tough ^_^ Are you going to study or work part-time instead of full-time?

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-22-2016, 04:40 PM

I've only had a few jobs. I have worked at retail (Deli), pizza making, in-home caregiver, and lastly a pharmacy technician. I've done odd jobs for family friends here and there but nothing that really qualifies as a job.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-22-2016, 05:00 PM

In a sense, I've had plenty of jobs in my lifetime.
But most of them aren't traditional "jobs".

I'm a musician and a singer and I have performed for many different events in the past. I've also done some acting for local commercials, I've hosted a panel at a comic con (which wasn't paid so I don't think I'd consider that a job, but I still kinda consider it a job because I got free stuff for it, such as free hotel stay and free gas and food, which is basically like getting paid.), I also painted murals at an inner city community center and school where I was paid to do that too.

But then I've only had one traditional job, which is being a teacher's aide at a daycare center. My mom has been teaching since I was a baby and she used to have her own daycare center where I'd go after school every day when I was in elementary school, then as I got older she started doing in-home daycare and I helped out in the daycare. So I guess that was a job too, but I wasn't getting paid in the traditional sense.