~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 06-18-2012, 07:53 PM

Everyone has that one band that they LOVE! that they wish other people knew about so they could talk about the music, but at the same time glad they're still small because they're not a 'mainstream' mess yet.

Maybe your band used to be like this until they had that one song that made them popular? (Eels, a la Shrek soundtrack) But maybe they're still kind of a rare band even after something really popular (again Eels)

Want to share a song that you think other people would really enjoy if they could only hear it? Want to share a story about your favorite 'rare' band?

Remember post lyrics in A Quote box. and to be safe do the same with Video links.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 06-19-2012, 02:42 PM

I wouldn't say "rare" but there's a band by the name of Taproot from around here. They're a small enough band where they still perform in smaller venues and weren't popular until their song "Poem" came out. It's still weird to me when people mention them being on MTV back in the day since they're pretty much the most laid back guys you'd meet. I have too many Taproot stories to share.

I think the funniest one was probably when a friend of mine and I end up going to see Taproot at a small venue and there was this other girl trying to get the lead singer's attention the whole show because he kept paying attention to us and she got pissed. We were drunk so we were kinda mocking her, which made it worse. After the show she pushed past us to go talk to the guitarist, who I'm friends with and she started flirting and just being annoying. So me being stupid and too drunk to care, went up and put my arm around him and kissed his cheek. She backed off and asked where the rest of the band was and he didn't really answer so I said they were on the moon to which he replied "Yeah, they're on the moon. Go find them". She walked of but kept coming up to us and asking where they were and every time we'd just all point at the moon.

I think that my favorite album by them is probably Blue-Sky Research. My favorite song is probably "She" or "Trophy Wi-Fi". It's hard for me to pick a favorite though because there's so many of their songs that I can relate to and love equally. I just can not stand "Poem" mainly because it's everywhere and pretty much the only song that everyone who heard of the band knows.

I've met a few bands before they got famous and think it's weird to hear people talking about them and even stranger if they make it big.

RoadToGallifrey
When life gives you melons, make...
Penpal

Old 06-23-2012, 11:02 PM

One of my favourite artists is Mr Hudson. He had songs with Kanye West and Jay Z, but he's still fairly small in comparison to some other artists. I've had the pleasure of meeting him, which was a fantastic experience. He is criminally underrated for the talent he has though, so I do one day hope he makes it big properly. I'll always be able to say I was one of the lucky few that followed him from the beginning, but I feel that others need to share this too.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 06-26-2012, 03:38 PM

I'm not sure exactly how rare they are, but Paradise Fears is one of my favorite bands. They're album, 'Yours Truly' is amazing! They played at a small venue (university bar) last year in my city, with a few other bands, including All Time Low, Mayday Parade, and We are the in Crowd. It was such an awesome show. I wish more people had shown up to see them!

This is my favorite song. It's called, 'Yours Truly' and it makes me want to try everytime I hear it.
I've actually written letters to the me that was, the me that is, the me I will be, and the me that will never be.

Last edited by Codette; 06-26-2012 at 03:41 PM..

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 06-26-2012, 09:50 PM

I love the Yoshida Brothers. They are not particularly rare or unknown, I think, but no one I know has heard of them. They play the Tsugaru Shamisen, which is a traditional Japanese instrument. They combine it with everything from other traditional instruments like drums and flutes to electric guitars. ^^ Here is one of my favorites- Saiun. It leans a bit more on the traditional side.

Kor'Rinn
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-27-2012, 05:04 PM

Well... there's this band I know of, called 'The Sins We Live'. They've only got one song recorded that I can find, but they aren't that bad.... If you like metalcore/screamo-type music... Half the members are from another small band (Sever The Scene) that broke up due to creative differences.

I actually went to school with their vocalist, Landon, in grades 6, 7, and 8. I've never seen his band play live, though... not yet, anyways. I really want to, though.

Search the band names on youtube or facebook, and you can find their music if you wanna check it out and help make TSWL more famous.

Last edited by Kor'Rinn; 06-27-2012 at 06:03 PM..

Ana_M
*^_^*

Old 07-04-2012, 12:47 PM

Ludo. :B First who come to my mind. They're bad ass. This song says it all. xD

Sleepy Anarchy
Mad King - Sass Queen

Old 07-04-2012, 02:12 PM

Ana, that is freaking amazing. I am going to download that as soon as I finish this post.

Not exactly a band, but I love Miracle of Sound. It's one guy who does songs based off video games. Most of those songs are downright amazing, particularly because he plays most of the instruments in the song, but none of my friends listen to them.

Ana_M
*^_^*

Old 07-04-2012, 05:28 PM

Haha I got another to join the cult! >D Don't forget to check their other songs out. They're really good!

I'll have to check him out later.. :3 See if I like him or not <.< My boyfriend's computer fails, no speakers. P:

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 07-04-2012, 09:05 PM

Ana_M: I love Ludo! I even have a tank top that says so ^.^ I was so happy to get to see them at Vans warped tour.. I think they came to my city in '10... Not sure but it was good.

Last edited by Codette; 07-04-2012 at 09:11 PM..

Sleepy Anarchy
Mad King - Sass Queen

Old 07-05-2012, 05:44 AM

Ana - Will do. Unfortunately, I also found a download for all of the miracle of sound songs at the same time, so that sould be done in a little while.

Yeah, He makes great music. If you listen to one song and don't like it, try a couple of the others, He doesn't stick to one particular genre.

Ana_M
*^_^*

Old 07-05-2012, 06:13 AM

Codette; Ohhh already a fan? ;x I adored Paradise Falls, actually. Hadn't heard of them because I've been exploring Kpop lately. So it was refreshing to hear that type of music. :)

Tntk; Holyfuckingshit. I LOVE HIM. Just the first second of hearing his voice. ;x Listening to Joker, he's really talented. I reallllyy like his voice. Holyfuckinshit. Thank you a ton bro :heart: For anyone who's too lazy to find MoS, here's the video. :"D

Sleepy Anarchy
Mad King - Sass Queen

Old 07-05-2012, 06:18 AM

Hooray! Someone else now likes him too.

I haven't listened to that song all too much, but he can pull off one hell of an evil laugh. I much prefer some of his other stuff, like The New Black Gold.

Ana_M
*^_^*

Old 07-05-2012, 08:24 PM

Haha definitely! :D Ah, it's a lot slower song... None the less really great. :) Haha yes, now you have someone to fanboy/fangirl with! >: D

Oh another "rare/underground" band I freakin' adore is Blacklisted Me.

Teiaiel
Rogue Chemist

Old 08-07-2012, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana_M View Post
Ludo. :B First who come to my mind. They're bad ass. This song says it all. xD

I saw these guys in concert a couple years back. They were absolutely fantastic!