xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 10-04-2013, 06:11 PM

From my observation of your reference. These are the keypoints of the crease
It suggest tight at the waist to thigh area, and a small flare towards the knee.
thin, deep and straight - more for tight fit, at the waist area.
wide, shallow and straight down due to gravity - flaring outward, at thigh to knee area.

Look back at your dress.
waist area - wide, deep and curvy. Especially when it goes horizontal, it is suggesting a loooooose hang on the waist.
By the way, the shape of the thigh to knee, is rather fitting, can't see the flare.

Apricot
Lizard's Mommy Zellony ♥

Old 10-04-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
From my observation of your reference. These are the keypoints of the crease
It suggest tight at the waist to thigh area, and a small flare towards the knee.
thin, deep and straight - more for tight fit, at the waist area.
wide, shallow and straight down due to gravity - flaring outward, at thigh to knee area.

Look back at your dress.
waist area - wide, deep and curvy. Especially when it goes horizontal, it is suggesting a loooooose hang on the waist.
By the way, the shape of the thigh to knee, is rather fitting, can't see the flare.
Ahh, there we go! A fantastic critique. Thank you! I'll fix it right away~

TBH, I didn't have a ref when I did it in the first place, nor did I know what I really wanted to do until I finished it. My priorities, they don't exist.

Edit: the bottom of the dress, though, I want to leave form-fitting.

Last edited by Apricot; 10-04-2013 at 06:28 PM..

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 10-04-2013, 07:03 PM

oh, okay~ form fitting then.
If form fitting, there will be no big crease or big folds. Just shade according to the curvy of the legs. oh, and if the fabric hits joints like elbow or knee, at the bend point, it will have some creases. If thick fabric, then it will affect the shape, having some bumps. If thin fabric, then just creases.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-05-2013, 12:03 AM

Right, let's see if I can get a response posted today!!

I'm just looking at this stuff as it, not zooming in on any of it.

The neckline seems a bit rigid/tall/too round on this. Looks like it needs squashing down a little bit to soften it up. The folds/shading seem a bit obvious, seems to be a big jump between the light and dark areas. The light circle beneath the girl's boobs especially confuses me a bit because I don't know why it's there. I very much like the overall shape of this though

This is very cute and I like it a lot. Can't really comment on the shading as this kind of palette can hide a multitude of sins. ><

Quite nice, I think the belt/dark band, could maybe benefit from being a pixel more curved. There's a lot of it that's a straight line. The black part is very dark/flat. The folds don't look quite right, but I couldn't say why.

Hmm, is this the black/white dress with a longer skirt tacked on, it's what it looks like. . The drape/folds don't marry up at all.

The bottom one looks a lot older, the shading looks far less knowledgable. The dots look rather hectic too, there's too many really.

Hmm, not sure how helpful any of that's going to be!

Kaminatosai
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-12-2013, 12:58 AM

Apri - Omg those are so awesome. You are so talented. O:

Last edited by Linnea; 01-01-2016 at 02:57 AM..

Apricot
Lizard's Mommy Zellony ♥

Old 10-12-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Right, let's see if I can get a response posted today!!

I'm just looking at this stuff as it, not zooming in on any of it.

The neckline seems a bit rigid/tall/too round on this. Looks like it needs squashing down a little bit to soften it up. The folds/shading seem a bit obvious, seems to be a big jump between the light and dark areas. The light circle beneath the girl's boobs especially confuses me a bit because I don't know why it's there. I very much like the overall shape of this though

This is very cute and I like it a lot. Can't really comment on the shading as this kind of palette can hide a multitude of sins. ><

Quite nice, I think the belt/dark band, could maybe benefit from being a pixel more curved. There's a lot of it that's a straight line. The black part is very dark/flat. The folds don't look quite right, but I couldn't say why.

Hmm, is this the black/white dress with a longer skirt tacked on, it's what it looks like. . The drape/folds don't marry up at all.

The bottom one looks a lot older, the shading looks far less knowledgable. The dots look rather hectic too, there's too many really.

Hmm, not sure how helpful any of that's going to be!
No, that's plenty helpful! I just have to stop being lazy and fix everything. xD Thanks jellysundae:!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaminatosai View Post
Apri - Omg those are so awesome. You are so talented. O:
xD Thank you!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 10-12-2013, 07:17 PM

You can do it apri :)

Apricot
Lizard's Mommy Zellony ♥

Old 10-12-2013, 07:17 PM

I wouldn't put much faith in me! I'm super lazy.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 10-12-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
I wouldn't put much faith in me! I'm super lazy.
haha but so talented :D

Apricot
Lizard's Mommy Zellony ♥

Old 10-12-2013, 09:50 PM

Talented? I wouldn't go so far as to say that.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-13-2013, 12:02 PM

You've got a lot of potential missy, no selling yourself short

Apricot
Lizard's Mommy Zellony ♥

Old 10-14-2013, 12:53 AM

Everyone has potential. :P