Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 02-11-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
Hello Lizzie!

I'm going to comment on your creation here for a moment, so bear with me. I promise I'm being helpful even if this might come across as slightly harsh, I swear that isn't my intention

I think the idea behind it is nice, but the problem is the original items are still extremely present. I can tell which items you took to create that look. Ideally if you are going to take old items and frankenstein them together into something new you are going to want to change them so much that the original item isn't really easily recognizable. The belt and buttons are particularly easy to spot out the originals here.

The other issue going on here is that you added a flap to the skirt, but you didn't account for the fact that the flap would also create a slight shadow where it falls (mind you don't overkill this). Right now the flap looks a bit flat because the shading on the skirt doesn't account for it.
No worries about coming off as harsh. I always appreciate advice.

That was one of my worries. I don't want it to resemble the originals too much. I did think about removing the buttons altogether and taking the flap and turning it into a panel. Like this, prehaps:

My question for that would then be; How would the shading work on that? I do imagine the line that separates the panels would have to show some shading. And if I went with a black on outside panels, light blue on inside panel, which color would be used for the line to separate them? Like would I use the darkest black in the palette or the darkest blue? Or do I use both?

Cora: Also, would it be ok if I just ping you whenever I want more advice?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-11-2015, 08:07 PM

I'm ok with being pinged, sure ^.^

Actually, the lines in that would have very little shading around them(I mean there would be a very small amount but don't overdo it), simply because unlike in the one you have now, That is a simply a separation of two colors, the fabric doesn't actually overlap much. Think of them like seems in a simple single colored shirt.