duckyreads

Old 07-17-2015, 11:03 PM

I've got no idea what I'm doing. I tried to make a dress, with the idea that if I got good enough, I could ask if I could submit clothing to the Newbie Shop.

Could someone give me some suggestions/feedback, or any other information about how the process works, and what other steps I need to take in order to create 'usable' clothing? Thanks in advance for any help/pointers!

(ETA: officially attempting to ping Maria-Minamino: for feedback?)

Last edited by duckyreads; 07-18-2015 at 05:34 AM.. Reason: adding a ping to request specific help

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-19-2015, 01:19 PM

haha you managed to ping me duckyreads:

I like the idea of the dress. What I really see it missing at the moment is a proper outline.

Menewsha uses 6 shade palettes - aa lot of them you can find here (this isn't the most updated list but I have't uploaded my updated list in a while and I am not on my personal computer right now and can't do it now): http://www.menewsha.com/forum/creati...post1770562272

The darkest shade is generally used for the outline as all mene ideas generally have an outline. The remaining five shades are used to for the shading.

Here is a list of pointers I have made as well: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/creati...post1770562270

Also - Cora: is always willing to help out! and xuvrette: helped me learn how to pixel (seriously I started out as a general user back in the day who decided to try to pixel one day - I sucked and Xuvrette taught me how to get better :P )

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-19-2015, 04:16 PM

Wow, that's actually a lovely start. Maria mentioned already the first thing that popped into my head which is the outline.

You seem to have a good grasp on how shading works, but the shading seems very blunt in comparison to the dress itself, so I think you might need more shades in between? (I haven't looked at it in detail yet, so this could just be the particular pallet.)

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-29-2015, 08:55 PM

That is beautiful ^_^ I'm by no means a pixel expert, but the first thing I notice is the wispiness of the dress. But my impression is that avatar items on Menewsha have more crisp edges and shading, if that makes sense? Otherwise, I definitely would love an item that looks like that :)