TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-27-2015, 01:07 PM

I couldn't sleep. I still haven't slept. And now I can't sleep because if I fall asleep now I'll miss an appointment I have at 10. So.. pixels! I have never seriously messed with pixels before but it could be something fun to do. So.. I give you:

The insomnia sparkle dress...

because, sparkles are mesmerizing and awesome.

No, I didn't have a plan when I started this. We only get better with practice and feedback so critique away.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-03-2015, 01:18 PM

I love sparkles. >///< You are right! Sparkles are awesome! <33

Design : Simple and generally easy to match with other items. Though I think you can play on the strap design. Currently, maybe due to different colours, some strap looked slim, some looked thick... kinda inconsistent, felt unpolished.
Shape : Form fitting is fairly easy to follow. You did the breast part well. The shape of the dress looked a bit odd on how it falls from below waist, at butt portion. The overall skirt shape seemed to be quite stiff. I can see that the dress seemed to want to flare outward from butt, but when fall to knee, it felt kinda harden, not flaring anymore. If you want it to be tight to body, then the shape should follow the silhouette of the avatar base closely.
Shade : What add to the contradiction of the fabric material being soft or harden, would be your folds. The way you shade your folds is quite straight, short. Which indicate stiffness. The hemline is so straight, more like pleated skirt type. If you want it to be flowy, remember flowy > windy, and how are wind portray in lines? wavy and curves.
Pleated folds are very strong lines, straight and bold.
Finally to the sparkles part! I think that is quite a success. Though you may want to consider different brightness of the sparkles. sparkles don't always shine the same white.

Have fun, good luck. <3
By the way, I would like a sapphire blue version and man! You don't have a black version? That is where the sparkles shine best. o>.<o

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-29-2015, 08:53 PM

I love these cute dresses! I agree with most of what xuvrette said. I like the bosom part, it's very nice. The skirt part does look kind of stiff unless that is what you were going for, although I feel like the folds on a dress would not normally be so straight up and down and parallel. I can kind of see what xuvrette means about the butt portion, although I would say some people do have wide waists and would indeed look like that when wearing a dress. I guess my suggestion to maybe remedy that is to change the shading of the dress a little so that the darker portion under the breasts is bigger. So, it will look more like the dress is form fitting down the abdomen, and then flairs out when it comes to the skirt. Hope that made sense. Otherwise, I love it!

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-12-2016, 07:07 PM

Glittery, sparkly dresses? Yes please!

MeIshCutie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-25-2016, 09:08 AM

ohww! That's stunning. It will also be nice to own one in real life hihi. I like the color yellow the most. You're doing great. :)

In addition to the other comments, maybe a design on the hem part maybe or the middle.?