xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-29-2013, 01:40 PM

When I said vision... not vision as in... awesome avant garde design. XD lol. Just what you want to achieve.
I am a firm believer that you HAVE to understand what you are drawing to be able to draw it. Their size, fabric, softness, stiffness, flowyness... it helps in both shape and shading. As for, design, it is a freedom. Design, you have to lay out WHAT you want to create, even though your design intention is to create a super scientific material that is as soft as cotton but can reflect light, it could be done. Which is why it is important to know what you are doing.

Your shirt is... normal cotton fabric?
Boot is interesting, leather and translucent sole!
Even you mention that the sole shading is because of the translucent, but that is not the... correct way to do it. Well, it just don't show SEE THROUGH ness.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 01:55 PM

i agree.
you work is beautiful

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-29-2013, 02:43 PM

Forgot to reply just now.. but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

rettie is more like a boss.
I LOVE IT!

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-29-2013, 09:32 PM

Aaah, I DID interpret it as "WHAT IS YOUR VISION AS A DESIGNER, dum dum duuum". Phew. I'm glad you didn't mean that, because seriously, I sat here being a bit flabbergasted for a while.

But yeah, regarding the top I'm thinking stretchy cotton with like a bit of elastan in the fabric, to make it a snug fit and what not.
It doesn't show see-through, alright, regarding the boot. To make it appear that way I'd have to use a dark outline with a much lighter colouring within, more highlights and what not, probably. /headtilt/ I kind of like it better like this, though? Like hard PVC bottom, very rave-y. I do very much think I should change the amount of dithering I used, but I really rather fancy my sole, personally. xD

Hummy - aww, shucks! Thanks! Is there something specific you want to see? I can use the practice!

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-30-2013, 06:33 AM

The method of dark outline with lighter base only shows gloss/shiny surface. not SEE THROUGHness. There is a big difference.
Transparent and Translucent is not necessary gloss/shiny. Transparent/translucent, see through means it can see through. Not define by shade but more on shape. You have to know what is happening BEHIND the surface.

http://www.deimel.org/images/plain_cube.gif > solid
http://www.anopticalillusion.com/wp-..._cube.svg_.png > see through.

I like the idea of the see through. That is smart. Which is why I want you to get it right.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-01-2013, 07:05 PM

Yes ma'am~ /salutes
I'll look up some tutorials to get me fully informed on how to create that look - I mean, I know how to do it with a regular GLASS, but a shoe is pretty different. Which reminds me: glass shoes. Do we have those? It could be a thing. :o

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-01-2013, 07:09 PM

You just have to know your shoe print well, then use a lighter shade to draw the shape line behind.
you can always google for things like glass pyramid, glass pot. I think better put a cartoon or vector keyword as well, because realistic is harder to see the lines.

I think I am pretty sure I saw shoe sole made by some kind of plastic and SEE THROUGH! Rare but yes, existed.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-01-2013, 07:47 PM

Here on Mene, I meant? :o

And yeah, I'm just... having difficulties envisioning it? /headtilt/ Like I know what I want it to look like but... it's not working out the right way. x'D I can totally make it look like there's a potion or something in the soles, though? ^,~ I kid, I kid. I'll figure this out, eventually.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-01-2013, 07:51 PM

... how about, you try draw the shape of the sole on a piece of paper, then pick the paper up and see how the shape slump down...?
That is how I envision things. I look in the mirror, look up images, find little tutorials...

but yes, take your time.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-01-2013, 08:06 PM

Glass-ish sole...
That's a good tip, thanks~! I also think that I'll gain the most from looking up images, and just... trying it out. Pixeling is hard work, man! ;D

But all the more fun because of it. <3

You sure are a creative caterpillar, aren't you, Xu? You do a lot, and succesfully so! It's inspiring and almost something to be jealous of.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-01-2013, 08:22 PM

I just spend a lot of time in front of computer. XD I won't necessary ruled that pixelling is hard. EVERYTHING have its own challenges, it really depends on the person and how WELL they want to do it. When you feel the task is hard, which mean you are challenging your limit, and could ensure a breakthrough when you overcome it.

http://www.mlo.me/upen/v/201006/7-Hi...es-29747-1.jpg The bestest I can find.
http://www.spirithalloween.com/image...eractive.a.jpg
They feel like the same shoe. Anyway, notice how the shape follow the shoe 'pad' above?

well... I am kind of a person that wish to get the words/vocabulary/description right... that still look to more GLOSS than glass. Unless you are arguing the fact that the glass is opaque, non transparent. XD

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-05-2013, 12:24 PM

Aww, look at you being all motivational and helpful. <3 Those were great help though, thank you so much! I really appreciate it, Xu, seriously. It gives me a reason to actually push myself, and that's a good thing. I like that. :D

This is starting to look more like what we're trying to achieve, isn't it? My original sole didn't translate well once I tried to do it like this, so I went for a higher one.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-05-2013, 12:32 PM

With now, you can compare which effect you are looking for.
It could be you are rooting for the original gloss look, but you just use the wrong word. Whichever way, you need to know what your original intention is, and not swayed by people like ebil Xuxu.

NOW I see it is translucent. If you do not want it to be sooooo transparent, the line at the back can be a shade lighter compare to the outline.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-05-2013, 12:41 PM

Oh shush shush, I'm not being SWAYED... well, maybe a little. ;p I think I'd like to do both, actually? Make a translucent one, and a glossy one. Because while now I'm starting to like my translucent sole, I'm not liking the boot on top of it... so I'm going to make both, and make the translucent sole on either a different type of boot, OR, make it more of a pump or stiletto.

Yeah, I made the line at the back already a shade lighter than the outline but I think I'm going to have to go with one more shade, because the contrast is quite harsh, I think? I'm also going to play around with the "width" of the sole a bit - if I make the back line closer to the lower outline, it could look very different.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-05-2013, 12:58 PM

I love boots, boots have a LOOOOT of designs, bolts, shoe laces, shapes... explore, explore.

I don't have photoshop open, so I didn't zoom in and check for details. So... play with it until you are satisfy~

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-05-2013, 01:02 PM

I will, I will~
I love boots too - especially the badass type with different shades of colour and with buckles and the like. mkajrmkja. Boots man.

Oh shhh, I didn't expect you to do so. /waves it away/ But yes, experimenting will happen. /salutes

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-05-2013, 01:09 PM

It's looking so cool!!! I can't wait to see what you can accomplish - so talented!

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-05-2013, 01:41 PM

/blows a raspberry/
That's like getting a compliment from Leonardo DaVinci - wonderful and meaningful, but still making you feel like "but I'm not up to par yet!" xD
But thank you, dear Maria. I do appreciate it; it's really just so fun to do this again, you have no idea. <3

How's your week been? Enjoying another lazy sunday?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-05-2013, 01:45 PM

Week has been busy - that's why I haven't been on much >.< I'm just so exhausted that I get home from teaching, do homework, pixel a bit, and then go to sleep XD

I went to my parent's home for the weekend - haven't been home in like a month and a half. It took me 6 hours to drive home when it's normally 2 hours. First I went through crazy storms...then ended up being stuck on the highway for 3 hours at a stand-still because there were FIVE accidents ahead. So we were all just sitting there waiting for it to be cleared >.< XDDD

I've been working on pixels for upcoming things on here and I can't wait for you all to seeee *so hard to not say anything* lol XDDD

How has your week been?

But meh - no davinci here - that's wishie! I want to be as good as her someday!

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-05-2013, 02:07 PM

I assumed that would be the case. Teaching is exhausting, not to mention that your work doesn't simply end at the end of your work day. There's lesson plans to write out, grading to happen, thinking up a new approach to the "same old jazz" and all that. So yeah, I can imagine. It's amazing you get any pixeling done at all!

...dear god, what a hellish time on the road?! I would've turned back midway - so many negative things just does not bode well, haha! But man, being stuck for 3 hours?! Hopefully you had something to read or some really awesome music playing. ;-; How was your family doing? I'm sure it was nice seeing them again, if it's been over a month.

Admkrjamkja, I can only imagine how hard it must be to be tightlipped about it! I'm looking forward to seeing what you've made for us, too. <3 And you do have a point, Wishie is amazing. My ultimate goal, in a way, is to be able to pixel like KawaiiHannah. Most of her pixels are so sparkly and cute, and she's so good at hair man. I suck at hair. So yeah, ho-hum. Something to go for!

My week's been pretty... rough. The kids (my sisters' 1 y/o and 2 y/o) were usually really cute and fun and happy before their naps, but then in the afternoon, after the nap... demon children. I kid you not. They're both uncommonly stubborn and Airini (my godchild, whee~) is like a little duracel bunny always running around and getting into mischief, while Fenris just gets SUPER PISSED if you chide him for doing something naughty, which results to a lot of NOISE. Lots and lots of it.
Every day, it felt like I was blessed the moment the kids went to bed? xD So that's not good. But overall, it's been a good week, it's just the kids being a bit difficult that made it harder.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-05-2013, 02:36 PM

Teaching is so rewarding but it really brings me to the point of exhaustion! lol I pixel in what little free time I have :P But I will definitely have a LOT more time when school ends! That will let me get a lot of pixel work done :D

We have 3.5 weeks of school left! I can't believe my first year went by so fast!

It was terrible - I was in the middle lane out of three lanes so it wasn't like I could try to get out of it somehow - I was literally stuck. I listened to music, read the script for play I want to do next year if I'm still at this school, and eventually got out of my car to stretch and walk a bit...my feet were cramping >.< XD

kawaiihannah is SO talented! She literally JUST updated her deviantart page with a cg picture she did and it's so stunning!! Dragon University by ~kawaiihannah on deviantART

I'm sorry your week has been rough! I believe you when you say demon children XD I see a bunch of them at school :P

I have some students who can't take being scolded. Everything they do is correct even if it's not. They don't understand they can't call out or do whatever they please. It kills me because I have some that will just start crying and not stop or I have some that will try to argue with me. I'm like, "I'm not arguing with a 2nd grader!" XD It's one of those things about being in a private school - we get all the rich kids who can afford anything they want and do anything they want at home. Or we get the kids got kicked out of public school for doing what they do here XD

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-05-2013, 02:49 PM

Time flies when you're working, that's for sure! Congratulations on a succesful year. ;D
But omg, it's funny to me how, when your work slows down, mine picks up? Because I'm sitting here planning like a madman for the upcoming summer, haha! :D

Yiiiikes, cars really aren't comfortable enough to endure such long hauls. ;-;' It's a good thing you had things with you! Which play are you hoping to do next year? And when will you know if you're allowed to stay at this school?

.../dead by awesome/
SERIOUSLY?! HOW IS THIS SHIT REAL?! Okay, pffff. i'm only aspiring to be as good in pixel work because hot damn, I've never even TRIED CGing, so that is one whole new area in which people can whoop my ass. xD

Uuuugh, self-entitled kids are the worst. And it's SO EASY to get lured into an arguement, or getting riled up even a bit?! Or at least for me. I can handle the crying easier than the arguement, because I always get tempted to just argue with them, that I eventually just have to walk away for a bit in order to not get too riled up, haha! It makes me feel like I'm a kid, myself, sometimes. :/

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-05-2013, 04:04 PM

Wow~ hannahnah's new art is awesome~~

Mariaria, when is your school break?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-26-2013, 05:13 PM

OMG I can't believe I didn't see these posts in May D: I'm so sorry! It's been a crazy time for me the past couple months!!

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-21-2023, 11:48 AM

Just gonna give this a small message to bump this back up into the pixel forum.
That way it's back fresh in my mind. Gonna have a think about what I want to try making again, figure out relearning how to pixel,...