GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 07-18-2013, 05:25 PM

I'm Gwena (you should all know my awesomeness by now, though), I'm 24 and a very creative individual.

Well, as everyone should be aware, I've been working on a new creative outlet for myself: pixeling. I first tried pixeling a year or two ago when I first heard about menewsha not having many pixelists, I went on to pixel a horrible pink dress and forgot all about pixeling after that xD

I have since, started pixeling again, which all started with my sudden itch to pixel during the summer 2013 event, so I am now officially pixeling and despite, not trying for a long time....I am not nearly as bad as I was a long time ago....which is weird but meh who cares, right? xD

So, below this post, you will find my creations, both good and bad (I should also mention I love to design clothes, so most items will be clothing items, as drawing gives my design skills an outlet to make up for my lack of sewing skills!). Enjoy the wonder....and unspeakable horror that is my creations!

Last edited by GwenaHikari; 07-18-2013 at 05:37 PM..

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 07-18-2013, 05:26 PM

Creations:

First set of pixel worksX

Capree's with bikini top and sandals

Track suit (done on gimp)

Capree's without sandals

Little black dress

Track suit striped pants w/ polka dot top

Track suit capree pants w/plain top

food inspiredX

Think PinkX

Last edited by GwenaHikari; 08-03-2013 at 01:14 PM..

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 07-18-2013, 05:26 PM

Reserved ^-^

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-18-2013, 05:49 PM

*waits to cheer Gwena♥ on*

i'm so happy to see your threadie opening!
lots of luck!
edit:maybe reserve a few more posts?
you will get a lot of help and information to save.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-18-2013, 06:39 PM

I love many of the designs!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-18-2013, 06:55 PM

hummy does too

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 07-18-2013, 09:11 PM

Glad you guys, like em ^-^

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 09-16-2013, 08:26 PM

Fall themed outfits (my current ideas for the pixel contest), need some work still I think:

The pumpkin themed ones (bottom) seems plain, Fall color/halloween inspired outfit (top) idk about that one.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-16-2013, 11:06 PM

but that is good for the newbie shoppe, Gwena, sweetie
keep up the good work!
Maria-Minamino: and @xvurette;
any tips for Gwena?

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-17-2013, 01:50 AM

.... Isn't the yellow too... yellow for pumpkin? x.x
They do look plain... *tilts head* Try find autumn fashion and see what other people add to their fashion? Pockets? zips? linings? folds?
I would like to know what is the print design on the pants?

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 09-17-2013, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
.... Isn't the yellow too... yellow for pumpkin? x.x
They do look plain... *tilts head* Try find autumn fashion and see what other people add to their fashion? Pockets? zips? linings? folds?
I would like to know what is the print design on the pants?
Yeah, at first the yellow seemed more appropriate but after doing the gradient fall top (the top avi), the orange I used for that seems like a better choice (its that hindsight thing think lol). If you mean the green shorts, they have a small maple leaf design on the right (our left) least that's what its supposed to be. My Halloween inspired pants on the top avi have a spider and spider web design on them.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-17-2013, 05:23 AM

The spider web are kinda round...

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 09-17-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
The spider web are kinda round...
Yes, "Halloween" spider webs usually are o.o Some real spiders do it that way to I think, we had a spider just recently - near our garage that built a really good web, it was on the order of what I have on the pants.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-17-2013, 06:56 AM

thank you, rettie♥

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-17-2013, 01:58 PM

... I haven't seen such a round spider web before! *google it*
hmm... but most of the picture on google one is kinda pointy.

Hummymy~ hmm thank for whaa?
oh, and the ping didn't work. XD No need to ping me, I always visit this forum.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-17-2013, 03:53 PM

for the helpful input

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-17-2013, 04:20 PM

ooo... I like to bully newbies~ <33

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 09-17-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
... I haven't seen such a round spider web before! *google it*
hmm... but most of the picture on google one is kinda pointy.

Hummymy~ hmm thank for whaa?
oh, and the ping didn't work. XD No need to ping me, I always visit this forum.
Examples of round spider webs: http://www.burkemuseum.org/spidermyth/images/orb.jpg http://tjsgardendotcom1.files.wordpr...h-markings.jpg spider web rubber stamp heart stamp hand carved stamps by StudioMo Last one here is a rubber stamp but it shows how webs are done for decorations and such.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-17-2013, 08:15 PM

Yep, those are not round, it is pointy.
I don't even know what is the name for that kinda shape. Kinda like big fat octagon star.

Cobweb would look much like cobweb when it curve inward, not outward like a round shape. Nature is organic/irregular, so less systematic could be nicer too. By the way, we do have a spider web hair pin in menewsha, that is one good thing to look at.

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 09-17-2013, 08:29 PM

Um....those are totally round O.o

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-17-2013, 08:46 PM

It is not as round as letter O.

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 09-17-2013, 08:59 PM

Its not smooth round per se, but round is round. o.o And my pants only the lower left (lower bottom of the left pant leg *the avi's right, our left*) spider web is more smooth round, the one closer to the hip is more octagonal, the lower one is more round because of space constraint but I think it looks good. I have to say though...I'm really liking that top I made xD I still need to rework the pumpkin set, but the fall gradient top keeps growing on me...lol

Eirian (my sister) has a pixel workshop now too, you should spread the love around and give her some tips ^-^

Last edited by GwenaHikari; 09-17-2013 at 09:02 PM..

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-17-2013, 09:21 PM

You are right, in terms of pixel is small, it is HARD and difficult to put in small tiny details. Space constraint is one of the challenge of pixeling small things. I can see you tried working in that small space. When doing small detail, certain detail could be obscure because it is just toooo small for the avatar scale.
Regarding the round, and why I am so 'detail' about it Sometimes the detail set things apart, it is an identity of the said item. MY first instinct is that it looks to me like a symbol that Menewsha Baji short has. If not, it looks like a radar to me. Spider cobweb mostly curve INward to have that identity.
and sure, of course, there will be someone who can recognize that as cobwebs.
Then again, if you are satisfied, save me trouble to figure out ways to fix it.

As for that top, I like how you divide them into 2 pieces of fabric. Though I think there should be some design element at the joint under the breast. Ribbon? seam? flowers? frills? puffs?

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 09-17-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
You are right, in terms of pixel is small, it is HARD and difficult to put in small tiny details. Space constraint is one of the challenge of pixeling small things. I can see you tried working in that small space. When doing small detail, certain detail could be obscure because it is just toooo small for the avatar scale.
Regarding the round, and why I am so 'detail' about it Sometimes the detail set things apart, it is an identity of the said item. MY first instinct is that it looks to me like a symbol that Menewsha Baji short has. If not, it looks like a radar to me. Spider cobweb mostly curve INward to have that identity.
and sure, of course, there will be someone who can recognize that as cobwebs.
Then again, if you are satisfied, save me trouble to figure out ways to fix it.

As for that top, I like how you divide them into 2 pieces of fabric. Though I think there should be some design element at the joint under the breast. Ribbon? seam? flowers? frills? puffs?
I'm not saying I "won't" work on that web more, I just don't know if it'll ever get better, and I feel the web at the hip and the spider at the other hip doesn't define the...."Halloween" inspiration enough, it also makes the top section carry all the decoration too which feels unbalanced to me. I could try on that section, going for more of a irregular cobweb sort of look, but I'm just so used to more round/circular /octagonal webs through what I've seen in nature around here and in halloween decor that, that just screams spider web to me, ya'know? O.o

Well, I could see into adding something like a ribbon, but what about for a male top? (I still need to create a male version of that set ..lol) I would want them both to have similar elements and I won't add ribbon to a man's shirt, just no! lol

I like this web here so cute:
File:Spiral Orb Webs.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-17-2013, 10:04 PM

*blinks blinks* Why are we suddenly in Halloween theme? XD lol. I thought we are in... autumn theme...
oh well, typical me, being a foreigner to not relate Halloween to autumn. *chuckles*

I have yet to see a COMPLETE PREFECT octagon, whatevergon, shape in the precise angle. Put aside that argument of shape names. I just wish to point out that, everyone can IMPROVE, there is no limit in perfection. You can be satisfied at any stage you want, it is totally your freedom. I find that it is easier to improve when you 'feel' motivated or the need for it. Some people take it slow, some want it fast. Follow your own pace.

In the influence of cartoon and simple clipart, spiderwebs overall shape can be nice perfect whatevergon or round. But the main point is, it curve inward. It is the its identity. It can be a slight curve or a deep curve.

And that is one awesome round. Maybe only that angle. XD
But notice that the outerring of it is not round, it is pointy. When dealing with pixel size this small, the OUTERshape is more important than the individual detail at the centre. In any possibility, the smallest cobweb you have, it could have the same shape resembling a snowflake like the instead. Don't try to fit in small detail in a small pixel. You see, if your bigger shape already shown it detail/identity as a cobweb, people would think that the smaller shape is the same thing even though it is just the outershape.

Just like why I thought it is a symbol because that is the closest related thing I had seen before in the Baji short. Human always thought of similarity of things they had seen.

---------- Post added 09-17-2013 at 10:06 PM ----------

oh and for the shirt.
how about seam? big fat seam.
*chuckles* Ribbon for males. XD