Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 09-05-2013, 05:04 PM

① I N T R O D U C T I O N ①
So I've been pixeling off and on for probably the last 10 years. I toyed around with the idea of starting pixel art after seeing the forum: Eden Enchanted. I was on the site for a couple years and that's where I grew the most as a pixel artist. Since the forum closed, I haven't really found a home on any other pixel forums. I still enjoy making pixel art, and I hope you all enjoy seeing my creations ^_^

② C L O T H I N G o L I N E ②
• h e a d p i e c e s •
[placeholder]

• t o p s •

• b o t t o m s •

• c o a t s / d r e s s e s •

• a c c e s s o r i e s •

• s h o e s •

③ O L D o C L O T H I N G ③
If you would like to see my past work (before mid-2014), I have a majority of it saved here. Since I only have one post, I'd rather keep it as cluttered free as possible. Also, I hate spoiler tags, so I avoid them at all costs ^.^

④ E N D O R S E D o D E S I G N S ④

Last edited by Libra; 07-03-2014 at 09:52 PM..

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 09-05-2013, 08:44 PM

Whoa I love these ClariusFlorina: - I would totally wear it :) Do you only have 4 shades in the orange? I would challenge trying to add another shade maybe in the highlights. The orange just looks flat in comparison to the brown part which is so lovely!

Welcome to the pixel forums! :D We are a tiny hidden community in here :P

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 09-05-2013, 09:16 PM

You're right, I think I will try to redo those sleeves. I was so focused on the vest part, after I had finished them, I kind of stopped looking anywhere else I think xD

**EDIT**

So this is it with the sleeves a bit more shaded!

Last edited by Libra; 09-05-2013 at 11:37 PM..

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 09-05-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClariusFlorina View Post
You're right, I think I will try to redo those sleeves. I was so focused on the vest part, after I had finished them, I kind of stopped looking anywhere else I think xD

**EDIT**

So this is it with the sleeves a bit more shaded!
That looks much better :)

Did you use mene palettes for your item or did you make them up?

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 09-05-2013, 11:27 PM

Yeah, I used the palettes for Leo and Beach. I edited them a little bit though.

Last edited by Libra; 09-06-2013 at 01:39 AM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 09-06-2013, 02:48 AM

Wow, I absolutely love those tops, Florina. Well done!

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-06-2013, 03:23 AM

I love the design~ <33

Though I think you may need deeper outlines for both the shirt and vest.
I love the maple emblem... but with a tweak of my perspective, it has the possibility of looking like it was torn. XD I would suggest other colour for Maple. Or some detail vein? or... some highlight to make it more reflective(so it is different than the orange shirt fabric)? That is not important though.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 09-06-2013, 05:13 AM

Thanks Seridano & Xuvrette! Also, thanks Maria! (since I forgot to say thankyou earlier -_-")

Sometimes I do dark outlines, sometimes I don't. I originally had them both outlined darker, but I just wasn't feeling it for this set of clothing.

The maple leaf... Hehehe. I made a couple leaves before I finally decided on that one actually! I don't know what it is but small details like the veins of that leaf are the bane of my existence! Though I do have an idea on how to make it shinier. In fact, I was planning on using another color, but I took that out of the picture when i picked orange for the sleeves! I might just tweek the colors a little bit for the sleeves and/or maple leaf.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 09-06-2013, 06:01 PM

Glad you found our little forum here. Very nice set of tops!

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 09-06-2013, 11:14 PM

Nice work so far, Clarius! Your pixels seem to be coming along with good progress. If I were you I'd be sure to look up references of shirt sleeve folds.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-16-2013, 11:09 PM

very pretty pixels!

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 09-17-2013, 02:13 AM

Thanks Ikuto & Hummy :3

Demoscout: Yeah, that's what I'll have to do before I remake those sleeves. They are a bit silly looking atm.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-18-2013, 01:41 AM

I absolutely adore the shirts! Great job!

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 09-18-2013, 06:00 PM

Thanks Poppet :)

So I redid the sleeves, the newest image is in my first post. I might retry the sleeves on the guy one more time, but I'll see if that happens before the end of the month.

Maria-Minamino:

I didn't see any submissions for the contest yet, is the way I have it pictured a good way to showcase the items? Or should my submission ONLY be the items?

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-18-2013, 06:01 PM

I love the new sleeves!

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 09-18-2013, 06:25 PM

p o p p e t ♥: So I ended up changing the sleeves AGAIN after you posted, if you want to see the NEWEST ones xD

But thank you. I think I've spent WAY too much time on this shirt. BAM. Not sure if I'm gonna change the guys sleeves EVER AGAIN today xD

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-18-2013, 06:38 PM

Yes! I love them! The guys shirt looks way better with the little cuff. And I adore the girls' sleeves!

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-18-2013, 07:09 PM

That puffy sleeves resembles pumpkin! Awesome.
I like matchy match, so it would be more awesome if the guy's sleeves is pumpkin too.
But I am also a minimalist lover, I like that little fold and metallic button guys sleeves have... I am kinda split.

I notice you shaded the maple... if it is metalic, I think it will set it apart.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 09-18-2013, 08:31 PM

I LOVE the new sleeves! So pumpkiny!!!

And I actually love the little button on the girls sleeves but I'm not sure it's necessary for the guy sleeves. I agree with Xuvvie on that one. For the girl shirt, it looks like it's coming down and holding it together which is causing the pumpkin poof. But for the guys sleeve, since it doesn't do that, it just seems random. Maybe try removing the button from the guy shirt altogether?

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-18-2013, 08:33 PM

The middle goldish one!

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 09-18-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
That puffy sleeves resembles pumpkin! Awesome.
I like matchy match, so it would be more awesome if the guy's sleeves is pumpkin too.
But I am also a minimalist lover, I like that little fold and metallic button guys sleeves have... I am kinda split.

I notice you shaded the maple... if it is metalic, I think it will set it apart.
If I was a newbie, and was a guy, I don't know if I'd want to wear a poofy sleeved shirt. That's just my opinion though! I considered my target audience, rather than going with perfectly matching stuff.

Originally I thought the maple leaf would be fine as the same color of the sleeves, but now that I colored it gold, it still matches the Autumn color theme, and looks really nice ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
I LOVE the new sleeves! So pumpkiny!!!

And I actually love the little button on the girls sleeves but I'm not sure it's necessary for the guy sleeves. I agree with Xuvvie on that one. For the girl shirt, it looks like it's coming down and holding it together which is causing the pumpkin poof. But for the guys sleeve, since it doesn't do that, it just seems random. Maybe try removing the button from the guy shirt altogether?
I don't like the way it looks without the button, the sleeve corner looks blocky and boring, hense why I added it. Though sometimes guys shirts do have buttons holding up their rolled up sleeves >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by p o p p e t ♥ View Post
The middle goldish one!
Thanks! So far, that's the one I think I like the best too :)

Last edited by Libra; 09-18-2013 at 09:04 PM..

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-18-2013, 09:18 PM

The gold one MAPLE!!! That is what I was hinting from the very very very beginning. XD The whole style is elegant, prestigious! Of course you need shiny metal badges! XD

I am fine with the button on the puff sleeve.
Though, have you tried adding lines on the guy's sleeve. No need make it puffy, just straight vertical lines...

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 09-18-2013, 09:25 PM

That's fine then! Just wondering about that :) But it IS your design and you have to ultimately love it and stand by it :)

Although I love the gold leaf

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 09-18-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
The gold one MAPLE!!! That is what I was hinting from the very very very beginning. XD The whole style is elegant, prestigious! Of course you need shiny metal badges! XD

I am fine with the button on the puff sleeve.
Though, have you tried adding lines on the guy's sleeve. No need make it puffy, just straight vertical lines...
Haha. Well when I think metallic, I think shiny. To tell you the truth it really didn't connect in my head till the very end xD (kind of hard headed)

Now by vertical lines, do you mean stripes? Or vertical folds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
That's fine then! Just wondering about that :) But it IS your design and you have to ultimately love it and stand by it :)

Although I love the gold leaf
Thank you for understanding. Sometimes I just have to stick to my guns

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-18-2013, 10:20 PM

FOr someone like you who came out with that design, I actually thought you and I 'should' be connected with some kind of wavelength. So I didn't say it out straightforwardly 'metal maple badge'... I am thinking to let you thought of it.

not stripes, more like creases...
It is hard to find some reference... this is long sleeve one.

Not sure how well it is can be pulled out in short sleeve.
There crease/fold/pleat is strong. What I am suggesting is that the lines fade out at the centre.