Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 09-20-2013, 05:47 PM

xuvrette: Wow, I've never seen anything like that. I would be willing to try making a shirt like that! But, I did try out your idea on the guy's sleeve, I didn't really like the way it turned out. What with the vest folds, and the short sleeves creases, it seemed like too much for me.

Although, I'm already sketching out another shirt idea based upon this picture (er, at least the vertical creases though). Thank you for the reference picture and the idea!

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-20-2013, 06:19 PM

Understood, at least you try.
I can foresee how busy the pattern will be, still worth posting the idea.

I didn't know about the existence of that sleeves until I specifically want to matchy match for your set.
I tried keywords like... pleated, plaided, guy puff sleeves... XD
Honestly, it is like only 2 nice samples, the one I post is by far the nicest design and clarity to illustrate my point.

Now this kinda build a bit of motivation for my clothing template project.

PS~ oh, and please no ping me. I come online everyday.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 09-26-2013, 01:25 AM

Sorry Xuvrette, won't happen again xD

So I posted some new ripped jeans! They are not my first version, but I kept both versions so you could see my progression. Considering I wanted to ACTUALLY use a whole Mene palette, I think I succeeded!

Tell me what you guys think. I'm not gonna lie, I'm not 100% happy with the shading. It's also hard to find some references for jeans, please post if you find some good ones!

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-26-2013, 05:10 AM

How come female's hole is bigger than males? :/

I think the patches is a bit toooooo busy. Maybe have less of them?

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 09-26-2013, 05:30 AM

Xuvrette, you just won't be happy until my clothes perfectly match! xD

When I think of male's jeans, I don't imagine them being ripped up quite as much as a girl's jeans. Girls can show off socks/tights/underpants, while guys, well, they don't have a lot to show off. A pair of pants underneath if that.

Male Jeans
Female Jeans

I don't like having so many rips because I don't want to cover up all my shading, but I'm still trying to find the perfect balance of rips as well as holes.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-26-2013, 11:42 AM

On the other hand, I thought male ones should have bigger holes. Because they are man! THey are rough!
I kinda prefer female have smaller holes but more holes. 8D

I am not familiar with fashion like those. Wearing tights underneath jeans... so hot.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 09-26-2013, 01:40 PM

If I were to have bigger holes on the guys pants, where should they be? Big holes at the knees? And with the girls, more rows of razor blade looking rips at the thigh perhaps?

Also, this time of the year if your doing Halloween stuff outside, we Virginia folk need a layer underneath pants to be comfortable sometimes at night xD

Last edited by Libra; 09-26-2013 at 01:43 PM..

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-26-2013, 06:00 PM

I live near equator... and weather had just turn warm... D:

I think knees... but their position need not be so symmetry. Maybe one is upper, one is lower...? the shape can be different too. For male.
and I like the girls razor blade rips.

I don't know, when I design clothes. I always regard small, petite as femine, and large, huge as masculine. :/
I am sexist...?

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 09-26-2013, 07:42 PM

*Added Version 4 of the jeans to my Current Projects section*

Hmm. Well I tried making the guy's bigger, and the holes always turned out awful looking, they just came out funky cause the jeans are so baggy. Otherwise, I tried out lots of razor-y type rips, and well, I'm just not proud of them. I think in the end, version 3 is my favorite.

Anyone else's opinion?

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-26-2013, 07:50 PM

... No wait. XD I just notice the razor blade rip you meant is that.
I am not talking about just the rip line.

I am talking about... more like a slit, rather than hole. So it is not a big revealing hole, but also not as slim as line.
3 slits for right leg, 2 slits for left leg.
I like version 2 better... maybe it is the shading of the crisscross rip lines... toooo busy and just... stark, stand out. @.@
version 2 is more clean cut and more clear and defined.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 10-04-2013, 06:35 PM

I like the way you made the poof sleeves on the female shirt look like pumpkins! They're both so cute now.

I also like how you created those rip patch textures on the denim jeans. Very nice work.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 10-29-2013, 02:22 AM

So I added a new "Current Project"

It's inspired by the event! Please comment, I am TRYING to make it look like a straight piece of wood, so if you find good reference pics please post them. Right now I have a "Living wood" peg leg, and a common peg leg.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 10-29-2013, 03:14 AM

In my opinion I like them both as they are. I especially like the fluidity of the living wood leg. I have no experience in pixeling wood as of now so I wouldn't be much help in giving pointers. They look like legit wood to me, though.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 10-29-2013, 03:39 AM

Thanks Demo :)

My peg leg draft looked AWFUL. I need to start saving the drafts just so I can laugh at them after I finish the item.

I don't think they are quite long enough, especially with shoes on. Plus I want to make a couple variations. But at least I have a couple styles that I like down.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 10-29-2013, 04:08 AM

Hah I tend to save separate files, but not really on purpose. I always wind up seeing original drafts when I go through my folder, though. It's enough to make me cringe.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 10-29-2013, 04:33 AM

Yeah, I usually keep separate layers with the intentions to see the drafts, but then when I restart from the outline then I delete what I just made, and then think "crap, I didn't mean to do that" xD

This Halloween event has gotten me inspired to do Halloweeny items! I love inspiration.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 10-29-2013, 04:48 AM

Halloween is definitely one of the more creative holidays.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 10-29-2013, 04:55 AM

I think it's all about brainstorming. And how creative you get. Though Halloween is very diverse, so it's easy to come up with things. I like how this event merged 2 ideas together. My favorite part of art is the actually inspiration part, second is the final product.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 10-29-2013, 05:44 AM

Yeah inspiration means a lot. I could sit there and start a drawing the way I normally would, but without stopping to think about what I should be making first off it just becomes a drawing with no substance.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 10-30-2013, 05:17 AM

Yeah, when I force myself to make art it turns out awful... But when I'm inspired, I make some interesting creations...

I added ANOTHER item to my current projects. I could make more designs, but I should probably sleep xD I do plan on putting some patterns on the pants too... Since the shading isn't excellent. I have to cover it up somehow.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 10-30-2013, 05:21 AM

Haha I like the designs on the sweaters! I love those kinds of sweaters.

I would suggest emphasizing fabric folds on the sweaters and the pants. The pants make me think of balloons. xD

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 10-31-2013, 01:26 AM

Newer version of the sweats... I think I overdid the folds on the sweater... xD

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 11-01-2013, 10:59 AM

K, I really need that reindeer sweater.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 11-09-2013, 03:03 AM

Quote:
I like the idea and the execution, the ripped parts look especially nice. There is something that makes them seem kind of oddly shaded though. It feels a little like pillow shading, but I think she was trying to get that faded look of jeans. It's hard for me to tell if the orientation on them is good becaus the bases are blacked out, but I think on the male, the jeans are a little off center, the upper part of them least.

The jeans need work as they look oddly textured, like they'd be really hard/stiff to wear. But the shape/overall design is cool. The holes on the girl's pair are too big for my personal taste, and the white threads don't taper off as I think they should. Particularly the female ones, where they seem to actually get wider as they move further away from the holes.

The pants look great they just don't quite look like they match Menewsha's style! A little bit of tweaking could do the trick!

---->

Conveniently, they are at a point where if anyone wanted me to work on any one part of the jeans I could easily tweak the design. Oh, and I added the last 2 because I am actually obsessed with separated jeans... >_>

Maria-Minamino:
Chickie Nuggs:

Please tell me your opinion of these jeans. Also, if there's anyone else you think that could give me advice your welcome to ping others.

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-14-2013, 11:17 PM

If the last two were a little higher...they would work amazingly with the garter belts. :P