Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-22-2016, 01:34 AM

AKA trying to pixel stoof.

Cora and Maria are doing a thing, The Menewshan Pixel Party. And I wanted to try joining it. Right now I'm working on some concepts. I honestly don't have a lot of time to put into this but lets see what I can come up with.

I might try and pretty this thread up a bit latter so I'm going to save a few posts just cuz.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-22-2016, 01:34 AM

Concepts:

My concept for this contest is some accessories. Aside from gloves, boots and scarves we haven't really seen any jewelry that isn't chokers of late. So I started out with that idea and came up with these rough ideas.

Downward heart necklace
Downward heart bracelets
Downward heart anklets

Also heart shaped glasses popped into my head while listening to Marilyn Manson I want to try doing both with and with out wings.

Then I realized we're limited to two entries and was like...oh yeah. XD

Last edited by Nephila; 01-22-2016 at 02:11 AM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-22-2016, 01:35 AM

Cora:
Maria-Minamino:

So I guess I'm focusing on the glasses for the first entry.

I thought it would be cool to be able to see whatever eyes your avatar has equipped under the glasses so I put a transparent black layer. Is that even how our transparent layers work? Do the transparent layers get shading of their own before being made transparent? If I saved the item by itself without the base would you be able to see different eye styles under it?

hopefully my pings work this time. XD

Last edited by Nephila; 01-22-2016 at 02:08 AM..

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-29-2016, 10:49 AM

Nephila: - I usually shade the transparency layer before I set it to be slightly transparent. Actually - most times i put the shades for the layer I intend to be transparent on their own layer...so I can set the level of opacity for EACH shade because a lot of times I set it as different levels.

If you save the item by itself, you WILL see the transparency - but it has to be a png file. Jpegs will not save the transparency.

I definitely like the concept :D

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-29-2016, 08:01 PM

Ok I was kinda leaning that way with that. I've been sick this week so I'll see what I can do with it.