Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-19-2008, 06:12 PM

In this thread, you can share stories from the past or present of how you did you're part to help out the earth. It can be anything, from recycling to planting a garden.

What have I done?

Well, the best thing i''ve done for the earth is help clean up two miles of beach that was littered with garbage. I've also helped plant a few trees, and a garden in the community area of my subdivision

Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 04-19-2008, 06:25 PM

Recycle, a lot! Seriously anything recyclable i generally...recycle XD And trust me it helps a ton to do that too! if only everyone would do it @_@

I also try to conserve energy, when i lived at my aunts house i would go around turning off TVs and lights that people just left on and didnt bother to shut off ALL THE TIME @_@ i finally trained them to start doing it themselves which is good because i dont live there anymore XD

Also had a garden, and quite a big one at that! That my family used to do every summer :D always fun <3

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-19-2008, 06:30 PM

Well that's cool. Conserving energy is always a good thing. My dad yells all the time about how we waste too much electricity. Finally, once my sisters moved out, we cut our bill down to 1/2 of what it was.

FlyPanda
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to FlyPanda

Old 04-19-2008, 06:38 PM

Hi Alexis! xD

i hugged a tree yesterday at my school, lol, and i didn't even know it was earth day today xD and i've also helped plant a few pear trees at my friend's house...i suppose that counts >_>;

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-19-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyPanda
Hi Alexis! xD

i hugged a tree yesterday at my school, lol, and i didn't even know it was earth day today xD and i've also helped plant a few pear trees at my friend's house...i suppose that counts >_>;
Hey Panda!

What you did is awesome. And i didn't know when earth day was until i saw the banners announcing this event.

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 04-19-2008, 07:34 PM

I helped create an Earth Day event. XD <3

And later today I'm gonna hug a tree!

Nissa
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-19-2008, 07:41 PM

I used to live along the Ohio river and I'd help every year when they did a river sweep. You'd find some crazy stuff along those shores I tell you! We had to get a truck to haul out a safe once. It was an old one too. We were all going crazy wondering if it was from an old robbery. Found a rock encrusted gun and more old fashioned bottles then you can shake a stick at. Other then that I just plant. I love planting things! I have tons of flowers and have put out a garden or two in my lifetime.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-19-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amari Tsuki
I helped create an Earth Day event. XD <3

And later today I'm gonna hug a tree!
Just watch out for bees. I tried to hug a tree today that was in bloom, and a bee came out and stung me. it HURT.

And I think it's great what you guys are doing here. Raising awareness of nature and the earth is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissa
I used to live along the Ohio river and I'd help every year when they did a river sweep. You'd find some crazy stuff along those shores I tell you! We had to get a truck to haul out a safe once. It was an old one too. We were all going crazy wondering if it was from an old robbery. Found a rock encrusted gun and more old fashioned bottles then you can shake a stick at. Other then that I just plant. I love planting things! I have tons of flowers and have put out a garden or two in my lifetime.
I guess you can really find some odd stuff in rivers, huh? And good for you for helping keep it clean!

Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 04-19-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis Durem
Well that's cool. Conserving energy is always a good thing. My dad yells all the time about how we waste too much electricity. Finally, once my sisters moved out, we cut our bill down to 1/2 of what it was.

LOL, so true, my sisters were always like that too XD always had so many things on all the time and not turing lights off when they left the room and stuff...it always bugged me lol

Nissa
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-19-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis Durem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissa
I guess you can really find some odd stuff in rivers, huh? And good for you for helping keep it clean!
Yeah, there was a lot of stuff there. I had a great collection of them old bottles for quite a while. I miss it now, it was a load of fun.

Tilly
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-19-2008, 10:14 PM

Planting trees is fucking hard work. I did it a couple of years ago with this program and I was aching all over for a week.

As far as being green goes, I don't do anything now that I haven't done before. I only brush my teeth with the water that I need, air freshener can things actually make my nose burn (sensitive nose), recycling, gardening, etc. It's not a trend, it's just.. what my family does.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-20-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly
Planting trees is fucking hard work. I did it a couple of years ago with this program and I was aching all over for a week.

As far as being green goes, I don't do anything now that I haven't done before. I only brush my teeth with the water that I need, air freshener can things actually make my nose burn (sensitive nose), recycling, gardening, etc. It's not a trend, it's just.. what my family does.
@Tilly - You're family's really awesome then. You guys helped the envioronment before the issues!

@Nissa - That must've been interesting. Did you find really old bottles like from previous centuries? That'd be so cool.

@Paprilka - What my sisters did is stay up ALL night with the light on, so light / electricity was running pretty much 24 - 7 in my house. She had a job that went from around 3 -11, so she was a major night owl. My other sister wasn't as bad. She only stayed up 'til around 2.

Rainy
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via Yahoo to Rainy

Old 04-20-2008, 11:11 PM

I planted a garden ^^, it's really useful and yummy :). I'm in my school's enviromnental club and we raised $750 for buying acres of rainforests in Brazil, not bad for selling ozark lollipops ;)

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-21-2008, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFallenx
I planted a garden ^^, it's really useful and yummy :). I'm in my school's enviromnental club and we raised $750 for buying acres of rainforests in Brazil, not bad for selling ozark lollipops ;)
That's so awesome ::cheers:: I can't beleive that you're school has an environmental club...I wish that our school had that when I was in high school.

Go Ryu-Tan!
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-21-2008, 04:43 AM

I never really go out of my way to help the earth.
I'm more for doing small things. I never litter, always put things in the recycle bin...

I have trees around my house. They don't need any care and look pretty, so I just leave them there. I suppose that's helping the earth... somehow?

I, um, once... cleaned up more litter than anyone else in primary school? I suppose? I feel really bad now.

I suppose, what I do, is not intentionally cause the enviroment harm. *nods*

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-21-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ryu-Tan!

I never really go out of my way to help the earth.
I'm more for doing small things. I never litter, always put things in the recycle bin...

I have trees around my house. They don't need any care and look pretty, so I just leave them there. I suppose that's helping the earth... somehow?

I, um, once... cleaned up more litter than anyone else in primary school? I suppose? I feel really bad now.

I suppose, what I do, is not intentionally cause the enviroment harm. *nods*

Would you beleive that is more than most people do? It really is. i congratulate you for not littering, and to care enough about nature to let it take care of itself. After all, the best places in nature are not touched by humanity.

EDIT - WOOT! Two pages!

sad_girlformat
Undercover Cupcakes

Old 04-21-2008, 03:20 PM

Ouh :o
this is the ninth thread! XD

I owned the sixth thread in here~ ^^

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-21-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad_girlformat

Ouh :o
this is the ninth thread! XD

I owned the sixth thread in here~ ^^
Congrats ^_^ you beat me by three threads.