Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-21-2013, 01:34 AM

William didn't try to tone down his bright smile. "Of course I'm very good! Are you excited as well?" he asked, slightly teasing because he knew he was far more excited than Gary. He did hope that Gary was at least slightly interested in this venture though.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-21-2013, 02:13 AM

Gary chuckled, "It could be fun. Hope there aren't too many brats there." He smirked over at William, "Probably no surprise but I hate children."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-21-2013, 02:16 AM

Gary might have said it was no surprise, but William was still a little shocked. Not very many people just came out and said they didn't like children. "Ah, yes. Kids were never on my agenda either." His tone barely hiccuped before becoming cheerful again. "But ever if there's a bunch of them around today, I bet it will still be fun!"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-21-2013, 02:19 AM

Gary raised an eyebrow at William, "Really, I could see you get along with them." Gary shook his head, "It wouldn't be bad if parents knew what to do with them, but nope they just let them run wild. Never really met a well-behaved child."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-21-2013, 02:24 AM

William shook his head vehemently. "Nope. I wouldn't know the right thing to do with a kid. I don't have anything to base that off of," he said without thinking. He was silent for a moment. Then he turned to smile at Gary with a chuckle. "Well, you would have liked me as a kid then. I was very well behaved."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-21-2013, 02:49 AM

Gary chuckled, "You have a valid point. I got stuck with babysitting a bit when I was young, but most of my adult life I've successfully avoiding kids."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-21-2013, 03:06 AM

"You? Babysitting?!" William exclaimed with a laugh. "I think I'd like to see that. Me though? I've been around kids often enough but we didn't interact. They don't seem to like me any more than I like them."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-21-2013, 03:10 AM

"It happens when you have younger siblings and cousins," Gary grumbled. "Hm. Well at least it's mutual? Kids love me. It makes Declan laugh, everytime his family comes to visit, his siblings kids' love to climb me."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-21-2013, 03:26 AM

"Ah...I forgot you had siblings," William said. He shook his head. "Of course kids like to climb you. You're so tall!" He was glad their conversation was so easy today. It seemed a good sign for how their little 'date' would progress.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-21-2013, 03:30 AM

"Yeah, I'd like to forget to," Gary muttered before shaking his head. He decided today would be fun. If he was going to be friends with this guy, he was going to be friends with him dammit, and that meant attempting to not always been an asshole. At least, not in the mean way. Gary was an asshole, he was proud of that, but with friends it came from a place of caring. Or at least he hoped. As he thought this, he pulled into the field turned parking lot for the carnival and began the hunt for a parking spot.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-21-2013, 03:47 AM

William was silent at Gary's words. He didn't think there was any sort of comment that could follow such a statement. When they pulled into the field though, his eyes brightened and he turned to gape out the window. "We're here! Wow, this is better than I imagined!" he exclaimed, his attention only on the carnival past the parking lot.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-21-2013, 03:49 AM

"You're like a five year old" Gary chuckled as he pulled into a spot. "What have you never been to a fair before?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-21-2013, 04:00 AM

William shook his head, letting his hair flop about in a way he hoped was like a five year old. He couldn't resist. He had the car door opened up seconds after Gary parked and to stood and stared up at the sun as he stretched. "Nope. I've only seen them from the distance, but I always wanted to go to one as a kid!"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-21-2013, 04:09 AM

Gary laughed softly at William's actions, before sobering slightly, "Seriously?" he stared at William, "You've had a deprived childhood. Well, we are going to have to have fun today. Please tell me you've at least been on a Ferris Wheel?" Gary decided to decidedly ignore the fact that William's admission made him want to make this a seriously fun day for William. Definitely not thinking about that.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-21-2013, 04:22 AM

William chuckled, not particularly bothered by Gary's observation. It was so un-new that it couldn't phase him. "I'm aware of that," he said, then turned to look longingly at the Ferris Wheel he could see over the rest of the fair grounds, spinning like a child's toy. "Will it make you feel better if I say I have been on one?" But he was seriously happy just hearing Gary say they would have fun.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-21-2013, 04:27 AM

"Well if you haven't, we definitely have to make sure we do that. It's such a different few of the world." Gary smiled at William as he got in line behind the other groups awaiting admittance, mostly college kids it seemed. ""Heck, we'll probably go on it anyway because I love Ferris Wheels."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-21-2013, 04:39 AM

William never stopped looking around as they stood in line. Without his glasses, he couldn't see everything in the distance perfectly, bit it was just as pleasing to see so many brilliant colors blend into each other. "Have you come to the carnival a lot?" William asked. "Seems like you like them despite your nagging texts."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-21-2013, 04:47 AM

"I wouldn't say I come a lot, but I've been to a fair few, especially when I was younger." Gary said. Soon the two were at the front of the line and Gary pulled out his wallet, smiling at the lovely young woman behind the glass, "Two, please?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-21-2013, 04:59 AM

William didn't even notice that Gary was intended to pay for both of them until after the transaction was over. At first, he didn't know what to say. Some people might be insulted by the gesture, but William just felt touched, and a little giddy if he thought about it. Paying for another person was a date gesture. Did that mean that Gary was thinking of this as a date as well? "Thank you," he said softly to the older man.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-21-2013, 05:01 AM

"Hm?" Gary responded, looking at William as they walked into the park. He hadn't really thought much about paying for William. It seemed the natural thing to do. "I just paid for you didn't I?" he mumbled, then shrugged, thinking 'oh well.'

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-21-2013, 05:14 AM

William tilted his head and gave Gary a strange look as he followed him into the park. It was just an instinct? But it still interested William. "Yes," he said, though it was probably a rhetorical question. "So what should we do first?" he asked as he looked around.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-21-2013, 05:23 AM

"Whatever you want. Though if you have a queasy stomach, I suggest any more adventurous rides before we eat." Gary looked around, eying the various rides and attractions around.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-21-2013, 05:51 AM

William chuckled. "Good idea, though I don't know if rides would make me queasy or not. I don't think so though," he added after a second of thought. At a loss of what to do first, he just pointed in a random direction and said, "Let's do that first!" He noted that he had pointed to a somewhat dangerous looking ride.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-21-2013, 05:59 AM

Gary looked over at the ride, one of the dropping swing chair rides and nodded, sure why not. He walked towards it and once they were in line a wicked grin on his face. "I bet you five bucks you'll scream like a little girl."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-21-2013, 06:47 AM

William started to have doubts as they actually got in line. He could see the ride clearly, but he was determined to do all the things he hadn't done before. He turned to Gary and said "Deal!" without hesitation. All he had to do was clamp his mouth shut right?