stephstar101
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-06-2011, 02:41 PM

Hello All Menewshans! :D So my school, Atholton High, is in this contest and the winning school gets a free dance! It'd be great if you could vote for us, but definitely not necessary. The link is below:

highschooldj.com - Contest | Facebook

Just "like" the page and vote for Atholton High School! :)

I'd like to also ask, how's your school dances? Are you on the planning committees? Is it totally awesome and worth going to? Chat with me :D

Marionetta
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 11-06-2011, 04:05 PM

Why would I do that, when I could vote for my own school? Or someone elses?

II Certified II
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-06-2011, 08:00 PM

We don't participate in those kind of contest for the following reason:
1. Our school is not from your country. LOL
and 2. There's no competitions like that here.

Though I will see what I can do. Good luck to you and to your fellow dancers!

stephstar101
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-06-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionetta View Post
:( You could vote for someone else's if you want, but you guys just made me sad.

Junebug
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-06-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionetta View Post
this, pretty much. i don't think she was trying to be mean, it's just... why?

stephstar101
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2011, 12:37 AM

It's just supportive and really nice of you guys to help! Like I said, you didn't have to and you didn't have to comment if you were only going to say negative things. And it was the last day of voting, I thought people would understand but I guess not. Sorry guys, you can lock this thread since it's going nowhere. Evidently no one wants to talk about high school dances or help so this thread was pointless. *goes and hides in a corner far far away*

lightkanna
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 02:55 AM

I have never heard of this ever. I've never gone to school dances and since I'm out of school, never once been to one. Don't see the reason and to be honest, I won't like the page and vote for it. Though you can ask other people who would, they probably would, I just don't want to go on facebook. I barely go on it anyways. D;

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 04:17 AM

They all sucked, end of story. At least the ones I could go to at my school did .-.

stephstar101
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2011, 07:43 PM

:) We won the contest, though. The only reason I wanted our school to win was because the opposing school was dissing us. Thank you to anyone who did vote! :D It was much appreciated! I've never been to a school dance, but I might go for this one

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 08:19 PM

You won! Congrats! :D

I used to go to school dances in middle school. Lol they were fun, but looking back on them now that I'm in my twenties, I think it's silly :P Fun, but akward and silly. I did go to prom, which was Vegas themed, my date and I looked BOMB lol it was a GREAT night :) I hope your dances and prom are as fun as mine were :)

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 11-07-2011, 10:00 PM

I didn't vote, but I'm glad you won.
I hope you have fun at your dance. :)

I personally think school dances are lame.
Practically everyone shows up wasted or the music sucks.

Zombee.
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2011, 11:44 PM

Our school has dances all the time.
They aren't that great, to be honest.
It's divided into two groups, usually: The people who stand around and do nothing but talk to friends, or the people who are grinding up against eachother like there's no tomorrow.

And the music sucks 99% of the time. It's mainly mainstream rap and songs that are just way too overplayed.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 11-08-2011, 03:53 PM

I went to homecoming the last two years of high school. It was so NOT worth it. First year, my boyfriend at the time decided to be a dick and never showed up because he was high and couldn't get a ride. Second year, my mom set me up with my cousin's friend who turned out to be a pervert and kept trying to get me to have sex with him which I was in no way interested in. Plus on the last year I went, my sister also had her date leave her for another girl and my best friend had no date so it was just awkward. On the plus side, I found two kick ass dresses for $20 each to wear so I didn't have to spend too much on a dress. XD