Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-13-2018, 04:55 PM

Although Zoro heard the warning and the successive dog barks, his blood had already begun to boil with the need to fight. He made it half way across the parking lot before someone shouted, pointing to the swordsman slowly approaching them. Almost as one, the cops spun around, some shouting as others staggered back, bringing up their guns. "Stop right there. Put the weapons away or we'll shoot!"

Zoro grinned. Loki seemed concerned about these guys, but he couldn't see the reason why. Then again, the other man seemed to have more experience with this world, but Zoro still had faith in his swords. best to get to the end of the fight quickly rather than put it off. "Go ahead."

More off-put looks from the officers, then finally, someone let off a shot. Zoro brought up his sword, slicing the single offending bullet in half. They'd already been over this part so he thought they might learn by now. He couldn't be taken down by simple cannon-fodder soldiers. Still, he stepped out into the line of fire for a reason. Pointing one of his blades at the officers, he called out a challenge.

"If you want to kill me, send out your best and only your best. Men like you are a waste of my swords. Want me? Come find me later with something better!" He held his sword out in challenge a second longer then he turned and walked for the shadows where Loki had hidden, clearly not giving the officers the benefit of a face to face fight.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 04-13-2018 at 04:40 PM..

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 04-05-2018, 06:02 PM

Loki's barking subsided when it appeared that Zoro was headstrong about doing his own thing. Loki backed further into the shadows. He didn't see the point in engaging with the officers, after all, they really had no power. But that electric thing that they carried made Loki a little afraid of them. Loki watched helplessly from the shadows of the alley.

When the gunshot sounded off, Loki flinched. Wide eyed, he watched as Zoro easily deflected the bullet with one of his swords. Loki took this opportunity to return to his Asgardian form. His pale skin seemed to glow in the darkness of the alley where he was hiding. When Zoro returned to him, he immediately shook his head...

"You know... they may send out someone much stronger." Then it clicked in Loki's head. In this world, the Avengers did not exist... In this world, they didn't know who Zoro and Loki were. Perhaps, they really were safe? Loki started to walk further into the darkness of the alley and he kept his eyes on Zoro the entire time. Where they were going? Loki wasn't sure. He wasn't even sure what town they were in.

He walked and walked, thinking about how he could get back home... Well, he didn't really have much of a home anymore, but rather, he wondered how he could get back to his brother. As he walked, and came to the other side of the alleyway, he noticed, through a window, that same woman he had threatened earlier... She was inside of a building, surrounded by small children.

Loki, being the trickster that he was, and realizing that there would be literally no consequences in this world, thought it might be fun to play "tricks" on this woman. He changed his form again into a black cat and ran across the street, much to the chagrin of the drivers, who honked and swerved trying to avoid killing the cat. When Loki made it safely across the street, he looked up in the window and saw the woman and children. One child saw him and immediately screamed, "Miss Buchanan! There's a kitty outside!" Loki could hear it clearly through the glass.

He backed away from the window, then ran back to Zoro. He didn't change back into himself yet. He didn't want to ruin the prank.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-06-2018, 05:20 PM

"That's the point," Zoro muttered. "I want a fight, something worth winning." He let Loki lead the way, his expression still grim and his muscles ready for a fight. However, he did sheath his swords when it seemed obvious that the enemy wouldn't follow them for now. Zoro's words must have left them in a fluster and besides, Zoro had no idea where they were. Maybe Loki did?

As they reached the end of the alley, Loki shifted forms again, leaving their conversation unfinished. "Wha? Hey! Where do you think you're going now, idiot!" he snapped, watching as the cat took off across the street. Zoro raised a fist, shaking it at the shapeshifter in irritation. "Fine! Get killed and see if I wait for you here!" Huffing, he turned his back, stalking away one step as the sound of brakes screeching filled the air. He couldn't bring himself to leave entirely and only stood on the grass outside of the thin concrete trail beside the road when Loki returned.

"Who's the idiot now?" he hissed to the Loki-cat, his arms crossed. "Now come on before we draw any more attention to ourselves!"

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 04-13-2018 at 04:39 PM..

Kory

Old 04-08-2018, 05:17 AM

Loki thought about it... Did he really, really want to leave? Zoro was right... Loki was being an idiot. He decided that Zoro was definitely right, they needed to get out of there and quickly, at that! Loki remained in his cat form and he started walking in the direction of the street. There was hardly anyone on the street. It was much different than what Loki was used to... He looked around, wondering where everyone was.

Once he passed a block, he shifted back into his true form. Loki looked around the area. It was grassy.. the road came to a fork and he wasn't sure which way to go. Although, he was almost certain they both would have to get out of town... Maybe hide out somewhere less conspicuous. Loki opened his mouth to speak, but decided against it when he noticed something across the street.

Loki started to walk across the street, interrupting the regular traffic flow and causing some cars to honk and some drivers to throw up their middle fingers at him. He paid them no attention. When Loki reached the other side of the street he saw a picture of himself! But it wasn't a wanted poster... no, it was some kind of advertisement. On the picture there was Stark, Banner, his usual enemies... Some new people too. And he saw the words on the bottom, "Avengers: Infinity War".

At first, Loki was very confused, but then he read "Starring" and he put the pieces together... This was a world where he didn't exist anywhere but in fiction! Loki started to panic. Talking to himself, he paced back and forth in front of the poster, wondering to himself if he really existed or if this was a parallel universe. "... I don't exist here?!" He said aloud. Loki tried to keep his composure, but he quickly found that it was hard to do so when one was lost and just now learning that they don't exist.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-09-2018, 11:23 PM

Zoro ground his teeth together, deciding that Loki really didn't care about his advice. This moron kept on walking like he didn't do anything stupid at all, or that Zoro didn't just complain about it. Reminded him of pretty much all his crewmates, to be honest, and a little bit of himself too. It just depended on who was running off to do something stupid as to who would hold back with words of caution. "What is it now?" he sighed, following the other man across the street with the same lack of concern about the traffic. At least Loki took his human form now. Made Zoro look a little less strange.

"A poster? I don't see any bounties on it, so are they advertising a party or something?" He squinted, still not sure why Loki seemed so hung up by it. And besides, people were starting to yell at them after they walked across the street. Blinking, Zoro leaned closer to the poster. "Oh hey, one of those guys kinda looks like you. Is that your issue? Look, we're drawing attention here, ya know...." Zoro glanced around them, feeling more anxious than he would care to admit.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 04-13-2018 at 04:39 PM..

chellybean1985
*^_^*

Old 04-13-2018, 04:21 AM

Ruby and her team were making there way back to Beacon after their latest training mission when they decided to break for camp for the night. After they set up camp everyone had decided that Ruby would take the first watch so she set her self up sitting on a log looking over the dark field. She stifled a yawn as she leaned on her gun lance Cresent Rose she could feel her eyes getting heavy as she fought the tiredness that was quickly overwhelming her as her eyes slid shut.

Ruby jolted awake quickly looking around. "Crap! I feel asleep Yang is going to kill me!" She muttered to herself in a panic as she got up. She froze and blinked a few times looking around again she didn't recognize this place and she was alone where was everyone and what was that noise? They were in the middle of nowhere there shouldn't be any cars out here. "Yang? Weiss? Blake? Where are you?" She called out listening for a minute but hearing nothing. She took out her scroll and tried calling Yang but nothing happened, everything else seemed to function on it but it would let her make calls. "Stupid piece of junk just when I want to make a call it malfunctions, just great." She mumbled to her self then sighed. "Well I guess first off I have to figure out where I am and what happened to my friends." She started walking towards the sound of cars beyand the tree line.

As she made her way through the trees she gasped as she saw what looked like a small town. "Holy crap! Where the heck am I?" Better yet how did I get...here where ever here was. It appeared that she was on a main sidewalk in this town as it was bustling with people who were dressed in such a way she had never seen. She looked around deciding on which way to go when all of a sudden she heard a bunch of car horns and people yelling and know her friends tended to get into such situations she started running toward the noise hopping that she would find them there.

As she got within sight of the disturbance she squinted ahead looking carefully for her friends but she could she that the cause of the disturbance was two strange looking guys one with golden armor and the other reminded her of a...pirate!? Well maybe I can ask them where I am since they seem not to be from around here like her and maybe she could find out how to get back to Beacon although this did not look like Remnant at all! She shrugged her shoulders and took a deep breathe and walk determently up to them as she put on her best polite smile. "Um excuse me? Can you tell me where I am?" She asked in a polite tone since they seemed older than her.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-13-2018, 04:38 PM

The sound of a female voice startled Zoro, though not in the way of an enemy attack, so he turned, eyes narrowing. "How should we know where you are?" he grunted back. Not that he meant to be rude, but this day was getting a little irritating. He wanted food and drink and another nap since Loki liked to try his patience so much. Why should he want another weirdly out of place person tagging along? Oh right, she did look out of place.

Eyes narrowing even further, he watched the girl for half a minute more, seeming to read everything about the situation. Though in truth, nothing so fancy went through his head. It was all instinctual observations that guided Zoro, so that was probably why it took so long for him to come to a conclusion. "Hey! Loki!" He smacked the other man in the side in order to get his attention. "Stop staring at the stupid poster and take a look at this girl. Do you think she's like us? I mean...not like us....but, not like them?" He trailed off, not sure how to iterate the actual thoughts running through his head. But hey, he was a swordsman, not a thinker.

---

Gilbert was getting a little sick of this town. They didn't speak German or Polish, instead they used that stupid English language which was so uncool. And worst of all, no one paid him any attention. Sure he got a few disdainful glances, but otherwise, this felt no different from at home. Damn all these useless people. He would make them see that he was awesome. Stopping on the sidewalk, he stared up at the buildings around him. Shops of some kind--useless. An office building? Well, he might strike big there, but the windows were closed. Finally, he spotted one building that appeared to house classrooms, some of which were open. Fantastic. Children loved him.

Jabbing a finger at one of the windows, Gilbert dragged in a deep breath before yelling. "You there! Tell me I'm awesome!"

Kory

Old 05-30-2018, 01:32 AM

Being the being that is known for being overly proud, Loki turned his nose up towards the woman who approached them. How DARE she interrupt himself and Zoro. Loki remained quiet and studied her carefully. She wasn't going to be a huge threat... At least, he didn't think she would. His attention was slightly divided as Zoro gently hit Loki's side to get him to move.

Loki shook himself to get his thoughts together. Zoro was right, they were started to attract attention. In a normal situation, Loki would relish in the fact that people were noticing him. But right now, Loki felt... scared? Where was Thor when you needed him?! Loki grabbed Zoro's shoulders and looked him dead in the eye... "I don't exist..." He whispered, shell-shocked.

Loki became catatonic after that, his fears slowly engulfing him to the point where he'd needed to be forcefully moved.

--

"Laura? Can you please finish this sentence I've written on the board?" Daisy said, but the class was quickly interrupted by a loud tapping on the window. The kids in class immediately turned their heads from the board to look at whatever it was on the outside of the window. It was... a boy?

The children jumped when they heard him through the glass... He thought he was awesome? "Miss Buchanan, who is that?" Daisy really didn't have the patience for anymore delays in her class. Especially not after what happened that morning! Still, she was very kindhearted and she too approached the window to see who it was that was interrupting her class.

"Come now, class!" Daisy said after not being impressed by the boy in the window. "We have a lot of work we need to do... So please, come away from the window."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-31-2018, 05:59 PM

"Um..." Zoro stared back at Loki, confused by the sudden breakdown. All he did was ask a simple question, so why did he get an answer like this. Because of the poster? Lips pulling into a thin line, he dropped a hand on top of the other man's head, hard enough to get his attention plus a little extra. This wasn't the time to go panicking after all. "Get yourself together idiot!" Zoro's eyes stared hard into Loki's. "Of course you exist or you wouldn't be here right now. What more do you need? A certificate? A wound to know it hurts? Aren't you living enough as it is?!" He stayed staring right at Loki, not about to let this issue go right now. He could deal with new issues later, like that girl.

---

Gilbert grinned, seeing the classroom of kids react to him. Many turned in their seats, some confused, some grinning. He really thought he'd struck it big because the young woman watching the class also approached, but after a second, didn't react. "Ah, seriously? Don't tell me these people don't see my awesome worth either?!" Putting his hands on his hips, he pouted. Well, he would show them.

Stepping closer to the window, he made a silly face at one of the kids still paying attention to him, then pointed to the teacher with a sneer. She was still paying attention right? "Hey!" he called as loud as he could. "How about you open the window! You still haven't told me that I'm awesome, right? Tell meeee!"

Kory

Old 06-12-2018, 05:12 AM

Trying his best to shake off the panic, Loki turned and glanced at the poster again, relaying Zoro's words in his mind like a mantra. Yes, he DID exist... Right? Why were there two of him?! Loki's eyes widened when Zoro's hand landed on his head. Loki wasn't weak, but he could definitely feel the man's hand on his head. Loki wanted to push Zoro's hand away, but instead Loki slowly sank underneath Zoro's hand. Suddenly, he didn't feel as strong and powerful as he did when he first arrived on this strange realm. Loki felt alone.

He slipped out from underneath Zoro's hand and turned his back to the green-haired man. Something was NOT right about this place, but Loki couldn't put his finger on what it was exactly. Loki stared off into the distance for a moment... He was still confused and still nervous about his future. This was not in his plans and Loki loved planning every bit of his life to a tee. But this was a different beast entirely. Loki started to shake a little, but he couldn't tell if it was from nerves or.. "the cold". As the mortals would say...

. . .

The kids grew restless as they responded to the boy in the window. Daisy had very little control over her class and it was growing more and more apparent that she was still new to teaching. Daisy attempts to regroup her class failed even more. There were just too many kids and not enough of her to control them.

The kids gathered around the window, smiling and giggling. Then, one child asked Daisy, "Miss Buchanan...? Why is he not in school too?" That question was one that Daisy pondered, but really didn't think through. All she was concerned with was her own class. She opened the window, but only a crack and yelled to the boy,

"Young man!" She called, "Run along now... We're learning and there's no time for wasted minutes!" She didn't wait to hear the boy's response before closing the window and shutting the blinds. Her class was rowdy enough as they were, but this new distraction made it even harder to teach. Daisy sighed... the time couldn't go by any faster.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-13-2018, 05:19 PM

After another second, Zoro sighed, dragging a hand through his hair, so that the short green spikes really did look like grass. He'd get laughed at for sure if his crew was here, but they weren't. It was just this strange guy in this strange place. Since it was like that, he didn't think he could return to the life of a loner. "Come on, moron freak. If it's that big of a deal, let's just go find that portal or whatever the fuck it was and go home. I also have unfinished business so I'm feeling the itch as well..." He trailed off, his face growing serious again. That's right, he had his own unfulfilled dreams. He'd give his life up for them and he'd give his life for his crewmates' dreams as well. Although he'd accept the reality if this was it, he should at least try to get back. Turning away from Loki, he stalked toward the street again. "You coming?"

---

Gilbert grinned widely as the woman opened up the window, even if it was a crack. He always did have a way with woman even if Francis laughed and Eliza always clobbered him. It meant they liked him, right? Settling onto the back of his heels, he dropped the tone of his voice at least so that he no longer yelled. "Why should I leave? I know you don't really hate me." He flashed a cocky grin. "And besides, if its learning you want, I'm a historic relic! Better than some snobby classroom setting," he added with a scoff. "When I was a kid their age, I was already swinging a sword in battle! The indoors are for sissies! I'll only leave if you come get me!"