Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 09-22-2019, 03:55 PM

E.v.a nodded lightly to his words and hummed quietly as she searched the cupboards, finding a box of broth and a bag of noodles. "Alright, all we need is some broth, some noodles, vegetables and some seasonings or salt and pepper." She said as she set the broth and bag of noodles on the counter.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-25-2019, 09:41 PM

Kaede passed E.v.a his tablet, pulling up one of his usual apps. "You can order whatever you want direct from here. Someone will pick it up and bring the items to the door. Just pick out what you think is best," he said, clearly not caring about the cost of the particular items that E.v.a found suitable to cook. They would do it together of course, but it was another matter to shop. He was only interested in the end game fo things. "Oh, but I think there are seasonings in the far cabinet. My previous maid left them there before I got bored of all her meals." And really, that had been years ago.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 10-03-2019, 10:05 PM

E.v.a blinked as she carefully took the tablet and pulled up a selection of vegetables and spices, carefully choosing a few that would blend with and compliment the sauce and spices she had picked out. She had picked out a couple of fresh tomatoes, green onions, parsly, oregano, and ginger for another reason. Once she was finished, she set down the tablet and wondered what to do now. How long would it take for the delivery to come?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-04-2019, 11:34 PM

"Expect them in an hour," Kaede stated, expecting E.v.a's question before she could ask it. But then, it was an obvious question, wasn't it? Taking back his tablet, he tucked it under an arm and grabbed a teapot, putting that on to boil while they waited. "I suppose we should fill this awkward gap with some work at least. I was thinking of building a new robot to keep the home clean for me. Looking at how my latest one has been doing, the hardware needs a bit of work," he added, grimacing at a streamer of dust on the ceiling, spider webs fracturing off from the sides. Maybe he needed a flying robot for this task? "Do you have any ideas, E.v.a?"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 10-14-2019, 01:26 AM

An hour? E.v.a glanced at the clock briefly before Kaede swiped his tablet back. He glanced at him as he spoke then up at the ceiling, processing his question. He wanted a new cleaning bot for the ceiling, since the current one wasn't doing so great. "What if you simply updated the hardware and built some add-ons?" She asked, looking at him. curiously. Why build a whole new robot for the same job?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-17-2019, 06:21 PM

Kaede pursed his lips, but he did consider E.v.a's suggestion instead of brushing her off like he would any human companion. They always had such dull advice. At least E.v.a's spoke from logic. "Hm, I could, but it might end up. being more work if the tech isn't compatible. The other robot is old. Why not make a new one. I could teach you how to build something genius rather than how to patch a broken, sad thing. Ah, but I'll just repurpose the other bot anyway. It's cruel to throw away your inventions and yet people do it every day. Would they throw away their real child? And yet a robot with their child's face is an entirely different thing," he chattered on with a rather aggressive wave of his hand. "Humans are such strange things."

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 10-24-2019, 01:32 AM

E.v.a blinked as he spoke, wondering if she had said something she shouldn't have, but smiled as he explained why it would be better to build a new one instead, and repurpose the old one. She nodded some and lowered her eyes. "True.." She murmured. "It's sad to see images of robots being left out on the side of the road or in a ditch.. I see them sometimes when I sleep." She said quietly, almost sadden by the thought, as Kaede spoke more about how humans were cruel..and rather aggressively. Her blue eyes widen when he mentioned a robot with a child's face being treated just the same as other robots. "Kaede.. Please don't say anymore." She said softly, her eyes downcast and balling one of her hands lightly. She didn't want to hear anymore.

"I would like very much to learn how to build a robot with you." She said truthfully.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-26-2019, 03:22 PM

Kaede paused in his ramblings, considering that he may have upset E.v.a in some way. "Don't worry, I would never abandon you like that. You are my creation. My most perfect one," he murmured as he touched a strand of her hair. Even this felt just the same as a human's. How could anyone throw such beauty away? "But it is good that you want to learn how to build robots. I can always use the extra hand. I've come to own so many strange and abandoned projects. Helping the robots will go faster with help." Spinning away again, he unlocked the tablet and started browsing through his files for something appropriate. It was regrettable, but he might have to interact with people to order some parts.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 11-02-2019, 06:58 PM

E.v.a shook her head, knowing he would never do that to her, or any other creation. She watched him curiously as he reached out and touched a strand of her hair, then smiled as he spoke. Helping him would do some of the other unfinished projects some good, and that's part of what she was missing. She wanted to do something for herself, and others. E.v.a watched him once more as he spun around and started messing with his tablet, following him and peeking over his shoulder.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-06-2019, 12:20 AM

Kaede glanced at E.v.a, catching her peeking over his shoulder. "I'm just looking at parts. We live in a strange society now where robots are every day, but the market is still filled with poorly manufactured junk. If I want to get anything useful, I have to talk to other creators and producers on my level. Or at least, somewhere near it," he snorted. Tapping at an image on the screen, he continued his explanation. "That man is Pietro Mendoza. We used to work together about ten years ago. It's regrettable, but he manufactures the kinds of circuits I like. My specialty was always the hardware and code rather than fine wiring." Kaede's lips quirked into a faint smile though it was unclear whether humor or superiority cause it. Kaede had always looked down on all his colleagues.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 11-23-2019, 09:35 PM

E.v.a blinked when Kaede clearly caught her peeking, and smiled shed when he explained what he was doing, and listening tentatively. The world they lived in seemed to contradict itself.. She smiled when she heard the short he had made, after mentioning finding another creator around his level. She blinked as he continued to speak, only this time about a man he used to work with. "You.. Regret working with this man?" She asked, uncertain of what he meant.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-25-2019, 11:21 PM

Kaede sighed, finally turned off the tablet so he could twist around to face E.v.a. Did he regret working with Pietro? It was a funny question and rather complex in its answer. Even he wasn't sure of the truth. "I don't think he's bad for a human being. We just never got along. Pietro is a bit...much," Kaede managed with a wince. Yes, that was perhaps the most accurate way to describe the eccentric man, nevermind that he was eccentric himself. To Kaede, he was always the one in the right and dealing with others just caused too much strife. "Anyway, regardless of whether or not I regret working with him before, I will regret inviting him over. Every time I do, something absurd comes up and he ends up staying all day. It's exhausting!"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 01-02-2020, 12:22 AM

E.v.a smiled some at his words, nodding in understanding. "I understand, Kaede." She said calmly, blinking when he mentioned regretting inviting the man over. "T-tonight?" She asked, a bit surprised. She didn't feel she was ready to be around a man like her creator's ex-partner. What if he wanted to try and take her for himself? Wait.. Why was She even thinking about that?

((God I'm so ashamed of this post >< I can't think of anything else x.x))

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-05-2020, 05:00 PM

Kaede made a disgusted noise and waved off E.v.a's worry with a flippant hand gesture. "Absolutely not tonight. That man will have to wait at least until tomorrow! We were going to make dinner together, weren't we? Unless you've changed your mind." He didn't mind either way, but avoiding people and Pietro especially was something he planned to continue with. "I know he's a terrifying man, but you needn't look too bothered. It will be mostly me that he bothers."

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 01-14-2020, 01:50 AM

E.v.a relaxed when Kaede waves his hand, her anxiety disappearing as if being saved away by his hand. She blinked and shook her head at his question regarding their dinner plans. "Of course not! I'm most looking forward to our dinner." She said most-definitely . Her blue eyes briefly changed colors as she thought about the items they were waiting on to arrive, so they could proceed with dinner. He said it take an hour for the ingredients to arrive, and that wasn't too long ago. They wouldn't have to wait much longer, and a smile graced her lips. "Its more almost time for the ingredients to arrive." She said.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-18-2020, 12:02 AM

Kaede shook his head, but his smile softened despite himself. Maybe he was growing soft after all this time spent away from humans, but he liked to think it was just E.v.a in all her in-human beauty that charmed him. "Yes, I suppose so. Should we go check on the lab before we go check to see if the items have arrived?" he asked, already gathering his tablet and starting for the door as if what he asked wasn't a question that required an answer. But then, he rarely thought about the other party when he asked questions, expecting that all people would agree with his superior ideas.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 01-19-2020, 04:39 PM

E.v.a couldn't help smiling once more when she noticed Kaede's own smile. She nodded to his words and smiled softly. "I wouldn't mind checking on the lab first." She said, even though he had already gathered his tablet and began walking for the door, and soon followed him without saying anything more.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-24-2020, 01:45 AM

Kaede could hear E.v.a's footsteps, so he knew that she followed him, not that he expected anything less. She'd always been loyal to him as her creator, so he felt no fear that even if given the chance to explore the world or meet other humans that she would leave. Pushing the lap door open, he went immediately so the small robots that buzzed along a long table, as if running to greet their master. "Ah, good boys. I see nothing bad has happened while we were away." Trailing a hand along one of the robots, he turned back to E.v.a. "What about you? Any new trouble with your update?"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 01-26-2020, 10:36 PM

E.v.a casually followed her creator without any hesitation as he walked. She only paused when she noticed the smaller robots on the table buzzing around and blinked before approaching the table. She felt a ping of jealousy when he trailed a hand along one of those smaller robots, without understanding why. He had several other creations, yet when he paid them attention she felt jealous.

E.v.a blinked in surprise when he spoke, and turned to him. She shook her head lightly. "O-of course not." She said. "I haven't had a problem with any of my updates, Kaede."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-31-2020, 06:01 PM

A smile crossed Kaede's face as he nodded once. "That's good. You've never had any trouble before, but I worry that one day I might lose a little bit of 'you' in an update." Not that he created E.v.a with any particular goal toward making her a personality. That had developed naturally with her own learning capabilities. But what would happen if she were to reset or he were to mistype a code. Another scientist might throw out the ruined project. He would never, but he couldn't help but clench his hand around a discarded metal part at the thought that he could lose something as precious as E.v.a. "Ah," he managed, trying to recover from the rare show of emotions. "But that would never happen would it. I'm hardly the kind of normal human to make mistakes!"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 02-05-2020, 06:26 PM

E.v.a tilted her head lightly in slight confusion. What did he mean by that? She noticed how his hand suddenly clenched around the metal piece and she blinked as he spoke. "Kaede.." She said quietly. He wasn't the type to get upset over nothing, she was quite concerned about what had riled him up. She stepped closer to him as he seemingly tried to reel himself back in from whatever thoughts were getting to him, and she gently placed a hand over his. "I believe in your ability as a scientist and as a creator." She said. "I believe that even if something would happen to 'me' during an update, you could and would reverse it. Your creations are much too precious to you to left that happen though.." E.v.a spoke.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-08-2020, 07:05 PM

Pulling back his hand, Kaede waved away E.v.a's kind words. "Of course you would say that since I'm the one who created you. It's biased if you say I'm the best even if it's true." They were harsh words, bitten out to help cover up his own reeling thoughts. This was so strange of him to get attached to the almost human aspects of a creation. He wasn't even sure that E.v.a even understood what concerned him, if she could understand a full sense of self beyond 1's and 0's. "But you know, even for someone as great as me, there are some things between the lines of code that even I cannot fix." That was always his problem when it came to human beings.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-05-2020, 12:23 PM

E.v.a tilted her head lightly as he spoke, unaffected by his harsh words. She knew that was just how he was, but he was also hiding behind them, and that bothered her.

She blinked and glanced at the door,something telling her that someone was there, and smiled some. The only other person who could've been there was the person delivering the ingredients they ordered. "Our order has arrived, should we start on dinner?" She asked, glancing at Kaede.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-07-2020, 04:15 AM

Kaede turned toward the door, shaken from his mood by the sudden change in conversation. It hadn't taken much time, less than he expected the order to. His home lay far down the windy roads, set apart from the rest of society that he wanted to avoid. Going into town often counted as a day trip but technology continued to shift and adapt. When was the last time he even ordered ingredients in this way? "I see. Would you like to go get it from the door?" he said, shaking away the continued ramblings of his mind.

It seemed that no matter what the subject, his mind never ceased to spin. "Otherwise, I can just ask the doorman bot to collect everything and bring it here. But it seems the conversation has dwindling. A strange thing that is," he murmured, almost to himself at that point. "I've probably bothered you with some of the things I've just said, so go on, E.v.a. Do as you want."

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-23-2020, 01:47 PM

E.v.a actually wasn't sure what to say to him after seeing a side of him she hadn't seen very often. She was a computer, so technically she couldn't be 'bothered' by his words, but she was so much different than your typical Android. Almost as if hesitating, she briefly pondered on going to get the box of ingredients or not before leaving the room and heading down the hall way. She kept her blue eyes on the floor as she walked.

Coming to the door, she opened it and gave the delivery man a small smile, though weary. Usually they left it at the door, didn't they? "You can leave it, I'll bring it inside." She said calmly.

The young man in return gave her a smile, and couldn't keep himself from staring at her beauty. "Now why would I let a pretty little thing like you, carry a heavy box like this? I tend to think of myself as a gentleman." He spoke, somewhat rambling.

This left E.v.a unsure of whay to do. If he didn't leave, surely Kaede wouldn't be too pleased, after all she knew he didn't really like others in his home.