Scribble Me Orange
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-28-2008, 01:29 AM

Omfg. I don't know if there's a topic about this already, I searched back and there was nothing, either that or I can't see clearly. xD (which could very well be the case.)

Okay. I noticed that since more and more good video games (violent ones..yeah..ones where you have a seperate controller, like SingStar where you have a microphone to sing in to.), people are getting more and more violent with their gaming systems and their gaming controllers. I've heard stories and even witnessed it myself about how violent people can get. Not only over video games, but over PC games too.

For example, people will like smash and break their controllers, even console, to freaking a million pieces because they died on a game or failed to do what the game told them to. I mean really. Don't you think it's a waste? When I have kids, if I ever have kids, I'm sure I will, If they're going to do that shit, I won't buy them a PS2 or whatever comes out in the next 15 years. Screw that.

I mean. It's just a game. I don't take it seriously, I play for fun when I do play. I mean yes, I'm sure it's more fun than playing outside with two sticks trying to 'make a fire', but holy, don't destroy shit!

Then there are people that, for example, on X-box Live, that have a COW over the microphone on it if they die or if the person they're playing with dies or if they're doing something that isn't really benefiting the other person. Holy cow. I wouldn't want to play with someone I couldn't have fun with.

If you had a kid, and you got them a gaming console, and they smashed it or a controller all to hell, would you get them a new one?
Have you heard stories about vicious gamers?
Are YOU a vicious gamer?
Have you ever accidentally ruined a console or controller? Were your parents mad?

mystic kiwi
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to mystic kiwi

Old 02-28-2008, 01:34 AM

I broke my friend's cabinet before because I got mad at a game and threw the controller. It hit the glass and took a nick out of it. In general, I don't get that mad though. My brother's one of those people that yell over the headsets at his teammates. I think it's funny that he freaks out like that over a game. As for my future children, if they did break the console, there's no way I'd buy another one. I refuse to let my children grow up being spoiled brats. I probably can never have children so I don't have to worry about kids unless I adopt.

Scribble Me Orange
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-28-2008, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic kiwi
I broke my friend's cabinet before because I got mad at a game and threw the controller. It hit the glass and took a nick out of it. In general, I don't get that mad though. My brother's one of those people that yell over the headsets at his teammates. I think it's funny that he freaks out like that over a game. As for my future children, if they did break the console, there's no way I'd buy another one. I refuse to let my children grow up being spoiled brats. I probably can never have children so I don't have to worry about kids unless I adopt.
Well that was more of an accident than of a "I'M A SERIOUS SON OF A BITCH" D8< thing. Exactly. I would never ever buy my kid another console, even controller. Maybe a controller if it just..broke on it's own or was dropped and was a complete accident. Of course.

HoundstoothHearts
(-.-)zzZ
Banned

Old 02-28-2008, 01:42 AM

I get violent with my computer when it freezes for no reason.

Thankfully, I've only torn off the covering for the W key.

My brother meanwhile, has broken over ten gamecube controllers, and at least two Paper Mario games. Plus the door, the wall, a guitar (by throwing it off the roof), and a few CDs.

He's more of a violent person then a violent gamer. >.<

Sadistix_Love
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-28-2008, 01:59 AM

Omg! Gaming abuse! DD8 I would never do that! I am cheap, yes, but I know what things are worth and I would try my best to preserve it! (Not so much for my TNA jacket but xD; )

I swear if my kid does that, I would be so fuckin (don't mind me) pissed off at them and ground them for life! They don't deserve a game if they are planning to do that. Even writing one word onto a piece of paper and then scrunch it up where it ends up in the garbage I would go in smokes!

Yeah
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-28-2008, 02:04 AM

My son gets a little too mad when he messes up in a game but, I have never seen him throw a controller or break a game or anything. If he did do something like that, the game console would be gone for good. We just don't tolerate behavior like that and the kids know that. I think most of how people react to situations has to do with how they are raised.

Rainbows
Transcendental
Send a message via AIM to Rainbows

Old 02-28-2008, 02:07 AM

Oops, hit send when I was gonna hit preview...

:lol:

My brother gets really angry at his games on the PS2.

I get pissed at the PC when it crashes when I was coding something hardcore, or when I was working on a long piece of writing, like for homework... >____<
That sucks.

I just Say moderately loudly '#($&35t!@! D>' And bang my head on my keyboard/punch the desk.. Whichever is easier at the time. xD

clock
tick tock

Old 02-28-2008, 08:04 AM

I never get angry at video games. D: People that do really bother me... Like my bf. He gets so mad, I can't even play games with him or be around him when he's playing them. He swears and yells and slams the controller down. There's also a hole in the wall now because of that. D:< And when I play with him and I win, he has to keep playing me until he wins.

Also, apparently some guys I know can't play this one fighting game together without throwing controllers and hurting each other.

BlackCat
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2008, 04:38 PM

Occasionally, when I am stuck and the instructions I've found online are rather vague, I will yell at my game. I've never thrown a controller though. My machine is old and beaten up enough as it is; it doesn't need my help. I will also yell at my machine when it keeps telling me "There was an error reading the disk" on a game I was playing not two hours before. Come on already! We done this before.

I would get away from someone who got violent like that. As in, perhaps end the friendship. If they would destroy a gaming console over being stuck, what might they do to me if I tick them off? :/

Witch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-28-2008, 05:47 PM

I will never do any harm to the game console no matter how stressful I am to the game, but usually I would quit playing and take a couple of hours to days breaks until I calm enough to play again. xD

Thunder
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-28-2008, 08:28 PM

I've gotten mad enough that I've wanted to throw the controller, but I've never actually thrown it. xD When I start getting mad, I usually, you know, stop playing the game and go do something else.

Same with my computer. Oh, there have been times when I've wanted to put a sledgehammer through the screen. Not over a game though. Either way, I know that I wouldn't be able to afford a new one if I did that, so I restrain myself. I have, however, punched my printer. It's been messed up since we bought it and, for some reason, my mom never returned it for another one. It decided not to work when I really needed it. I was about five seconds away from throwing it in the creek if it didn't print that darn 'lost' poster.

I would probably buy a new controller, because if there was a gaming system in the house, I'd probably be playing it as well. I wouldn't let the kid play it though, not until he or she could prove that they could play it again without going berserk.

As for the Xbox Live deal, I know exactly what you're talking about. My boyfriend plays it all the time. He doesn't usually get mad if he dies or anything, but if someone on the other team is 'glitching' he can get pretty angry, especially if they're having a clan match. I can kind of understand this though because I'd be pretty ticked if someone was cheating too. But considering that whoever you're playing with is probably on the other side of the country, if not the world, there isn't much you can do so why not just chill?

Chips
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Chips

Old 02-28-2008, 09:03 PM

• Ugh, I hate when people wreck havoc on their systems. I babysit two boys, 8 and 12, and they always have the latest system and games [spoiled kids are lame ugh], and I have to literally hold them down or they'll throw the controllers at the system. I don't care if your parents have enough money to fix it, it's painful just to watch a $400 system get trashed because you couldn't beat a certain level.

Now me,
    I just take it out on the ears of my friends :]

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-29-2008, 06:45 PM

Heh, I don't have a 360 but a lot of my friends do and they like to play on Xbox Live. If ever I'm around to watch it's funny hearing the abuse between players, especially in games like Gears of War or Halo where the aim is to frag each other. It's especially good when someone has been going on about how tough they are. Hearing them whine/scream when things don't go their way is funny.

The only damage to controllers I know of has been accidental. A guy we know didn't wear the wriststrap when he was playing Wii bowling and the controller went all the way up to the ceiling and then bounced back to the floor.

Scribble Me Orange
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-01-2008, 01:17 AM

Kat: Yeah, I mean..he should've had the strap on his wrist but it's not like he chucked it on purpose to break it. Not like he was mad at it. D: So it's understandable. A LOT of people, so I've heard, on Live, are freaking FIENDS and are CRAZY when it comes to like Halo, GoW, Call of Duty, and games like that.

ClosetFan
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to ClosetFan Send a message via MSN to ClosetFan Send a message via Yahoo to ClosetFan

Old 03-03-2008, 03:12 AM

I'll admit it. Once I was playing Kingdom Hearts, and I was fighting Super Riku/ Dark Riku, and My cousin was here. I got really excited and into it, and almost had him, and you know how it gets when you're cheering someone on...He goes "Oh jump jump jump! Ah! Don't let that hit you! AHHH!" and then I lost....I threw the controller at him and hit him in the head. I hate backseat players.

I've never broken anything....I did slip while playing DDR and hurt my foot multiple times...

My friend was playing Kingdom hearts, and he got so mad he threw to controller and cracked the lcd screen on his DVD player. Haha, of all the luck in the world, he has to have the worse...a PS2 controller flying and hitting that tiny target. Very funny for me, but his mom never found out, so.....

Rudolf Steiner

Old 03-03-2008, 06:31 PM

I'm lucky enough...for that not to happen to me. I'm quite calm, and hopefully, other's see it too.

Though I remember one incident when I was a child of...I say 8, where I was playing a game of Super Mario Kart on the SNES with a bunch of cousins. We played for a while, and it started becoming like a real Nascar race, with driver interviews, the whole shebang. After losing multiple times, it was my turn for an interview. Of course, I played fake mad, screaming, yelling, expressing my anger. All of a sudden, the "F" bomb comes flying out. D: I never lived that down, EVER.

Kim
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-04-2008, 05:44 PM

xD;;; I don't think I've ever thrown a controller or anything... :'D Like I know I get frustrated and I might shake them like graawrrgh!! xD;; But I've never thrown one that I know of...

:'D I've tripped over my guitar hero guitar before..?

xD;; But yeah I really don't think it's necessary. :"D Especially with all the wireless controllers these days! xD' Like wiimotes!! I have heard it's so easy to just send them flying across the room right into your TV screen if you're not paying attention!! :'D So whyyy on earth would you do it on purpose!??!