mrpiddles

Old 10-01-2009, 03:17 AM

Anyone here a fan of Left 4 Dead? Its an amazing game and I think everyone (even non-zombie fans) should play it. My favorite character is the witch. I love her character design and the creepy crying she does.

Gives me shivers everytime.

The second left 4 dead game is coming out november 17th. I'm so friggin' excited! I really want to buy it for computer. I can't control the Xbox controls very well. Though, since I played a lot of Unreal Tournament, I think I'd be decent at controling it via computer.

Suggestions?

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 10-01-2009 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: Double Post

Startled Witch
*screeeech*

Old 10-09-2009, 09:05 AM

I'm really excited for the sequal. When I heard they're going to have a WANDERING witch in it, I died. Twice.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 10-10-2009, 01:26 AM

Lolol, everyone else's avatars here looks like the witch.

brain storms
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-11-2009, 03:08 AM

"PILLS HERE!"
I don't own L4D, but I've borrowed it from my ex and I really like it.
I can't wait for the 2nd one to come out. It looks like it'll be better than the first.: D

Darkestofsouls
El Sleezo's Discount Constructio...
Send a message via MSN to Darkestofsouls

Old 10-13-2009, 06:28 PM

L4D is awesome. Francis has all the best lines.

"Well, I'm Francis, and this is Grandpa Bill, AND THERE ARE ZOMBIES OUT HERE. OPEN THE G*DD*MN DOOR!!"

Death Toll is probably my favorite, followed by Dead Air. L4D2 looks awesome (especially the final campaign released, Hard Rain.)

Dyron
The Dynamic Heart
Send a message via AIM to Dyron Send a message via Yahoo to Dyron

Old 11-28-2009, 09:02 PM

Now for those of you who have played Left 4 Dead I'm sure you has stories of epic failure, luck, awesomeness, etc. Especially if you played on expert mode. So I would like to hear them. And for those who haven't played Left 4 Dead after reading this you should get the urge to. Yes this game is that good.

Now for one (Oh yes I have a treasure trove of them) of my Left 4 Dead tales.

OK picture this, me and two of my friends are playing death toll right and one of my friends (a lot of my stories start off talking about this friend) wanted to be Rambo and leave us behind. Well he walks through this house (me, my other friend and the NPC are just getting to the house) and he gets caught be a smoker. Ok everybody saw that coming right? Well just as we leave the house my other friend get caught by the smoke too but I knock it off. Only problem, is when I knock it off a boomer throws up on me. My friend gets away unpuked on but I'm blind. I don't know what happened to the NPC but he died. Then I hear (remember I'm still blind) my friend scream TANK!!! So this is where I get stupid. I leave my friend behind.... still blind.... with a tank around... and a horde on it's way. The tank kills my friend of course. Some miracle way I run through this curving house, still covered in boomer puke, without running into nothing. I finally get my sight back just in time to see I'm about to run into the horde that is after me. As soon as I turn around to run the Tank is right there... I Mean RIGHT THERE standing over me. That was when it epicly beat me into the ground. And that is one of my epic Left 4 Dead moments.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-29-2009, 12:03 AM

I've merged your thread, Dyron, with our preexisting Left 4 Dead thread. :)

Darkestofsouls

Old 11-29-2009, 06:59 AM

Wow. Reminds me of the time I was playing Blood Harvest, and AI Louis refused to leave the barn and come to where we were held up in the farmhouse. So, of course, he gets killed. Down a man, we manage to hold out till the end, when I get hit by a smoker while running for the APC. At that point, my friend I was playing with decides better me then him and keeps running, so of course the AI comes back for me. Well, that's when the tank showed up. It totally owned the NPC ally but for some reason (probably because I was still being tongue tied by the smoker) it left me alone. So, as I get strangled to death by a smoker and eaten by zombies, my friend gets to the APC. As I die, the Tank GOES INTO the APC just as the door closes and the ending credits start. While it did award him th win, lets face it... we all know they didn't make it far with a Tank inside the APC :P

Dyron
The Dynamic Heart

Old 11-29-2009, 07:30 PM

oh, I know about friends that like to leave you. This one can go by the name of CJ. We're playing on No Mercy, on expert of course (we always play on expert). And we're on the 1st level. We get to the part where we go out the building to the wide street, not too far from the safe house. That's when we get hit by a Tank, a smoker, and we could hear a hunter somewhere but couldn't find it. We took out the smoker no problem... only thing was it help kill my Rambo friend by snagging him and letting the Tank pound him. My other friend from before lit the tank on fire with a molotov but she didn't get far because it ran at her and her power was already low so she died. So it's me and CJ and a hunter, Cj just said run so... we ran. As soon we get by the safe house the hunter jumps me. So you know what Cj did.... he went inside the safe house and closed the door.... by the way I'm like right there by the door, like inches away. But he shoots the hunter off me through the door some kinda way. So I'm telling him to come save me. As soon as he opens the door, here comes this random horde.... so he closes the door on me again... this time with no help. But some miracle way I survive the horde and he is just sitting there shocked asking me "Really?!" So he finally opens the door again and as he is helping me up he sees a boomer. His exact words were, "Well your screwed." and he closes the door on me again. It pukes on me and the horde comes and kills me. His only excuse was "Well the name of the game is left 4 dead"

Darkestofsouls

Old 11-29-2009, 09:31 PM

Ouch, that sucks. Well, you know what they say about Karma.

GreenLy
MS.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:15 PM

I have the x box version and it is a very fun game. My favorite character is the hunter.

Nana
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-05-2009, 05:26 AM

Oh I love this game so! Have any of you played the second yet? It's pretty awesome, I quite enjoy it! I think it's a little better than the first, but they're both good. :)

As for the first one, I love reading the graffiti on the walls in the safe houses. <P The zombie count one is great, I believe it's in "No Mercy".
I enjoy "No Mercy" and my friend and I had an awesome time finishing the last level. We were in the house were you call for the helicopter to come and get you, right? So, when the zoombies start coming to attack us we hide in the closet, close the door, and keep the two NPCs outside to fight the zoombies for us. Which they actually kept them away for quite some time. We also stayed in the closet shooting at the horde, and when there was a break we'd step outside and reload. <P Actually made it that way. Not the most brave way of doing it, but it was fun. :D

Dyron
The Dynamic Heart

Old 12-05-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana View Post
Oh I love this game so! Have any of you played the second yet? It's pretty awesome, I quite enjoy it! I think it's a little better than the first, but they're both good. :)

As for the first one, I love reading the graffiti on the walls in the safe houses. <P The zombie count one is great, I believe it's in "No Mercy".
I enjoy "No Mercy" and my friend and I had an awesome time finishing the last level. We were in the house were you call for the helicopter to come and get you, right? So, when the zoombies start coming to attack us we hide in the closet, close the door, and keep the two NPCs outside to fight the zoombies for us. Which they actually kept them away for quite some time. We also stayed in the closet shooting at the horde, and when there was a break we'd step outside and reload. <P Actually made it that way. Not the most brave way of doing it, but it was fun. :D
Me and my friends tried that but a tank came and owned us. Expert mode is not forgiving :cry:. But no mercy is also my favorite even though it took like 30 tries to just get though the subway. :cry: again, the tank kept owning us. But what seem to get me the most, and I can't see why, is the boomer. I never see it coming. I can snipe a hunter from anywhere, and smoker is no threat, I can avoid the witches, and I seem to have better luck with the tank then my other friends but for some reason the boomer is a ninja when it comes to me. :shock: once a boomer threw up on me three times before I killed it.

Last edited by Dyron; 12-09-2009 at 03:50 AM..