PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-16-2020, 07:28 PM

Right, jeans! Priscilla eyed the denim hung across the rack with trepidation. They looked too warm, and too restricting. But, it was easy to see how jeans might go perfectly with the selection of tops Key had pulled out. Her golden eyes snapped up from her contemplation when Key said he would try the shirt she had picked out for him and smiled brightly.

"You're right, but I can't help but keep an eye open for clothing you might like too." She pulled a few jeans from the rack, guessing at her size. She liked the embroidery of feathers on one of them, and hoped they would fit. Priscilla wandered a little further away, and came across the coziest looking sweater which was completely inappropriate for the warming weaether. Honestly, she felt a little warm in the sweater she wore, but it did wonders to hide her form. So she pushed that into the basket, and then added the longest flowiest skirt she could find, and a fringed vest, along with a few plain t-shirts.

"Oh but all of this seems so plain! It needs some sparkle, some unique things that will make all the outfits pop!" But what to do? Her eyes wandered the store. It was rather full of things, and it felt like an impossible task to build up a whole wardrobe right off the bat. She supposed all she really needed were a few essentials, enough to last a week, while she worked on building up her new identity.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-20-2020, 12:56 AM

Key laughed at all the comments Priscilla made. He offered a few words of advice and pointed out some items, but he mostly trailed behind and let her do the shopping. It turned out that this might be the perfect store for the young woman. She found so many items that Key would never pick out himself. And yet, he knew instantly that they were the right clothes for her.

"You know you don't need everything right away. There are other stores here and if you need things like socks or belts or jewelry, a department store is the way to go. Haven't you already found a lot? It's amazing!" he said with a bright smile. It felt silly to get proud of someone for just shopping but he was already so proud of Priscilla for unleashing the inner personality inside of her through clothing.

Touching a set of charm bracelets that were, perhaps, a little more his style, he shook his head. "Besides, if you sparkle too much, I'm not the only person who will be unable to look away from you."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-20-2020, 01:25 AM

The brunette froze, and then reached out to slip the bracelets Key had been admiring into her basket. Priscilla also added a pair with cute straberry charms. She'd thought of Key's backpack upon seeing them, and how nice it would be if they both had them. It was so wonderful to think of matching, even in such a tiny way. Priscilla tried to seem as composed as ever, even while her heart beat fast at Key's words, when she turned to face him with a bright smile of her own. "To be honest, I never even thought about the more practical things, or other stores. But, all of this is to try on, you know."

Priscilla felt her smile soften, and she lifted a hand to play with a stray curl nervously. "And, you made me think it was okay to sparkle. So is it any wonder I keep looking at you too?" She laughed nervously, and let her eyes fall to the basket. Pris had no idea what was happening, and felt like she stood on shifting sand, or the deck of one of her father's yachts.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-26-2020, 08:21 PM

Key ducked his head, his own blush turning deepening to a furious red. "Yeah, I get it. I-I guess we'll both have to sparkle together," he huffed like the idea actually pained him. Being with Priscilla though, getting to be beside such an impressive person, he would never get tired of that. "Anyway!" he exclaimed before pushing Priscilla toward a changing room in the back. "We should get to the trying on now. Hopefully we've judged your size well enough and some of this will fit. You'll have to show me your favorite outfits on, okay."

He could try his own few items afterward since the changing area was only enough for a single person, the room more of a corner set aside with a thick maroon drape to cover it. Still, there was a mirror inside and a tiny stand along with a bench. Compared to a department store, it might have been less private, but far more suited to looking at clothes as well as accessories.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-28-2020, 03:47 PM

Priscilla refrained from speaking another word. The perfect excuse to hide away lay in her basket, and she took it without hesitation. Once behind the curtain, the young woman let out a long sigh and closed her eyes. Her heart was beating just a little too fast, her cheeks were just a little too warm... The brunette shook her head and slipped out of her borrowed clothes, and into the first outfit. The stomach barring top, poncho and the lovely embroidered jeans she'd chosen herself seemed to pull the outfit together.

Still, nervousness assailed Priscilla as she stepped out from the behind the red curtains to show off the look to Key. "What do you think? It's not the me I'm used to, so it's a little difficult to judge how well it suits me." She felt for one of the beads on the poncho, and started playing with it as she waited for the final verdict.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-02-2020, 04:10 PM

Waiting while rubbing a sandaled foot against his ankle, Key found it absurd just how nervous he felt to see someone else's outfit. Maybe because it was his first foray into being a stylist for someone else or maybe just because it was Priscilla. Either way, he clapped a hand over his mouth when the young girl finally exited the changing room. It wasn't enough to hide the brilliant smile on his face though.

"Oh...oh. I really like that. Your skin is so smooth so it's good to show it off. Even without the poncho it would be really cute, or with a sheer sweater overtop? Maybe a hat to match it...ah, I'm rambling, aren't I? This is the first outfit and it's already perfect for you! Quick! Go change into the others so I can see our combined styling skills at work!" he exclaimed with a clap of his hands. This one was a clear buy in his mind regardless of Priscilla's nerves. Would the other outfits be as good?

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-03-2020, 10:03 PM

Priscilla nodded with dignity and slid behind the curtain once more. This time her outfit was a little more her style, but a relaxed version of it with a black pleated skirt and a short sleeved blouse in a nice green colour with subtle polka dots. She paired it with the cat purse she'd found, and smiled at herself in the mirror before stepping out with confidence. "I know this is more my usual style, but it isn't something I would normally wear."

She was still wondering why her mind lingered on Key's words about how she looked. "Honestly, since we're trying to disguise me, it would probably be good if you chose most of my outfits."

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 06-11-2020 at 12:30 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-10-2020, 11:37 PM

Key grinned yet again when Priscilla walked out. "But that is so cute on you! Especially the kitty purse! Honestly, it's not a bad thing to stay a little in your comfort zone when it suits you so well. Really, with a hair cut and some die, you'll be a new person either way!" At least in this outfit, Priscilla looked modern, chic in a way her original outfit didn't achieve. He would rather like to know if her whole wardrobe back at her father's had looked just as...unique...as what he first saw her in.

"Anyway," Key stated with a dismissive wave of his hands. "I really enjoy styling you so if you get a little too recognizable as yourself, I'll step in. I'm really glad you like my input though! It's honestly so much fun!" Key always had a great deal of friends around him but very few let him have an experience like this.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-11-2020, 12:44 AM

Key's praise had Priscilla ducking behind the curtains again. She only ended up showing him one more outfit, this one pairing the flowery sweater she'd found with a pair of hip hugging skinny jeans she'd never have dreamed of wearing before. The rest of the clothing was dismissed without even making it out of the dressing room. She just wouldn't ever see herself wearing something with a band name scrawled all over it.

"This seems like all I could find at this store," said Priscilla as she eyed her now half full basket. The cat purse lay quite firmly on top of the neatly folded clothes she'd decided on getting, and hidden from Key's sight were the pairs of bracelets Priscilla had decided to get for him."So, the dressing room is all yours." She wondered what cute and fun outfits Key would decide to wear.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-16-2020, 12:47 AM

"That's still quite the haul," Key chuckled. Eyeing the few things he'd collected--he never bothered with a basket and just carried them draped over his arm--he wondered if he would have much better luck. He put most of his effort into shopping for Priscilla so his own haul only included a few tights, the shirt Priscilla picked out, and a blue knit skirt to pair with it. "Well, we'll just have to see if you like my outfits as much as I liked yours. Wish me luck!"

After he slipped behind the curtain, Key donned the clothes, picking out a sheer white pair of tights to go with it, bits of iridescent glitter accenting their way down to his sandals. The whole thing was a look completely different from the subdued sweater and capris he'd worn into the dressing room and left him tugging on a ginger curl as he exited the dressing room. "I feel like I could actually confuse someone that I'm a girl wearing this..."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-21-2020, 11:34 PM

Priscilla smiled happily. "I'm sure you'll look amazing!" She eyed the clothed draped over Key's arm, delighted to see the shirt she had pulled from the rack for him. It reminded her so much of something from an earlier time. Historically speaking, men had once been peacocks of the courts, walking around with attire just as eye catching and beautiful as any woman's. Ribbons had made an appearance on those costumes, lace and frills too!

But those far off outfits didn't prepare her for the sight of Key in the outfit they'd worked on together. Priscilla couldn't help but look him over from head to toe, feeling her eyes drawn down naturally by the ribbons and sparkles, along with the beautiful blue of the skirt. She clapped her hands together with a small laugh, and stepped forward. "Oh you look so wonderful! And ... I suppose you could. I didn't think that was something that would bother you."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-29-2020, 04:28 AM

"You really think so? I guess this look really is pretty." Key chuckled again, pleased at Priscilla's response despite himself. He continued to fiddle with his hair even as he gestured down to himself. "I suppose you really wouldn't think I'm bothered by such things. Ah, it's true that I dress in women's clothes on a regular basis, or at least, nothing bland and male," he added with a wrinkle of his nose. He couldn't even begin to guess why women got all the exciting outfits outside of high fashion and very particular styles. Baggy t-shirts, button-ups, jeans, and polos? He wasn't built for a world like that. He felt too feminine to resort to such things.

"It's just that, I have been confused like that before. I used to embrace my feminity like a cloak, used it to fight off the questions people like to ask. Let them think I'm a man or a woman. But not something between...or both really." He struggled to put this concept into words but Priscilla deserved an explanation. "One of my previous boyfriends, he was someone I confused like that..."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-03-2020, 12:31 AM

Priscilla felt her own kind of confusion, but she didn't think it was to anything Key might have expected. She understood completely why Key didn't want to be stuck wearing the dull drab men's fashions; when she'd studied fashion history she'd realized just how much the fashions of the present restricted the shine and sparkle of so many people. She hadn't found it fair at all.

What sent her mind reeling was the stab of fear when Key had mentioned the boyfriends of his past. She had no idea why she felt afraid when he said that. It wasn't a thought she'd ever had before about anyone, that maybe ... something she wanted was impossible. Priscilla took a deep breath and stepped forward to wrap her arms around her friend, hugging him tight. How many times had she wished for someone to do just that when she was feeling down? "You're just you, and that's perfectly fine. " She pulled back slightly to smile at Key. "The people you've dated were pretty lucky people, to know someone so awesome." A sudden thought had her frowning a little. "But, does that mean you mind if I keep thinking of you as a he, or does it matter?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-08-2020, 04:15 PM

Surprised by the hug, Key didn't react besides to draw in a sharp breath. He'd become so wrapped up in his own world of the past that he forgot Priscilla stood in front of him. Priscilla, of all people, would understand this part of him. When she pulled back, he couldn't help but give her a wavering but bright smile. "Somehow, you're the one that makes me feel lucky though. You say things like that as if they don't mean anything but most people, try as they might, say what they might, they still can't reorient their world to fit a person like me into it. I'm a hard concept to grasp."

Even to himself, Key found his own identity something difficult to describe. It took most of his life to define it and even then, he still found it constant shifting, reinventing itself in order to fit new people inside. Was Priscilla also one of those people he would end up reinventing himself around?

He grasped her shoulders and pulled her in for another quick hug. "Thank you for asking, but I've never cared that much about my pronouns. I'm male and was raised as one. I used to consider if I wanted to think of myself as something other than 'he' but I'm so used to it now that it feels right. Even if I say things like I'm a male princess...they're both valid, but I'd say my identity as male feels more relevant."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-08-2020, 11:37 PM

Priscilla felt a blush rise to her cheeks when Key spoke of his feelings, and his smile! For some reason it made her heart pitter patter. It made Priscilla feel special, and her mind leapt suddenly to an image that had her almost gasping aloud ... But she knew it was pretty much impossible, and it was way too soon anyway. Key had mentioned boyfriends anyway, nothing about girlfriends so the likelihood of being another more then friends was quite close to zero. Priscilla was alright with that. She just felt privileged to even have her new friend in her life.

"Studying historical fashion is so interesting. It made me realize that things weren't always like they are now, and that it's actually strange that men are so restricted with what people at large think is acceptable for their clothing choices. Take Louis the Sun King! He had the most amazingly luxurious clothing, and was the trend setter for the nobility of his country. I could get into the laws he passed in regards to fashion but ..." All the words tumbled out, quite muffled, as Priscilla hugged Key in return and tried not to let him know how much it was affecting her. It was simply some strange infatuation with the first person outside her family and social circle to befriend her, nothing at all to worry about.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-17-2020, 11:24 PM

Key smiled again before considering that they were making quite the scene in a little shop. "I suppose you're right about that, even if I have no idea who the Sun King is," he added with a chuckle. "Though, I think I should get back into my regular clothes before someone starts taking pictures of us being cute!" He ducked away as soon as the words left his mouth, throwing his outfit back on with vigor.

Thankfully, only one other person busied themself with a jewelry stand in the corner but the employee probably found them absurd. For a brief second, he wondered if they mistook him and Priscilla as a couple. They acted like it, didn't they? Or would no one consider that with their genders? The world was strange like that. If he showed up with a guy, people wouldn't question that as much. Key looked gay. But a feminine man with a woman? That was another thing that broke the world's carefully constructed rules--and he wasn't even sure he found the idea reasonable. Maybe time would tell.

"A-anyway, after we pay for these, do you want to get some coffees?" Key said as he returned with his new clothes over an arm. "I think I saw a place across the street."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-21-2020, 10:00 PM

The idea of them being photographed together left Priscilla glancing around, a stab of fear filling her heart. It didn't look like the only other customer had snapped any pictures, and clerk only looked bored. Still, she couldn't muster a smile at Key's suggestion of grabbing coffee, even if moments earlier she'd have been delighted.

"Alright, but quickly. I ... I really need to change my hair." Priscilla clutched her things to her chest as she started to walk towards the cash register. She held back, wanting to let Key go first so she knew what to expect from such a tiny transaction. Which bills would be appropriate to use? She had grabbed so many, and didn't want to flash anything that would make her seem out of place.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2020, 04:56 PM

Key's expression shuttered for one second, disappointment and regret showing before he covered it up with a smile. "That's true but with this new outfit, it should already be pretty hard to recognize. I know you had a scare on the train but it's alright to lighten up some." Grinning more brightly, he wrapped an arm around Priscilla's shoulders and gave them a quick hug before propelling them both to the front of the shop. "Let's just hurry up with this right now. Besides, you'll feel much better with some coffee in you!"

Piling his few things on the counter, he quickly paid for them before stepping back so Priscilla could set down her pile. It was really remarkable that they managed to find so many things. It had to be a good sign. After all, why would trouble find them now, when everything was going so great?

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-29-2020, 01:05 AM

Had his expression changed? Used to the vagaries of her father's moods, Priscilla couldn't help but wonder about what she had thought to have seen. But no, why would Key be upset by something so little? Oh, it was so strange! Trying to figure out how to even be a good friend, what was appropriate and what wasn't, it was proving more difficult then Priscilla would ever have imagined.

But Key's one armed hug and reassurances did much to help calm her down, settle her fears. So Blair smiled at him as she paid for her things, and wondered about giving him the bracelets she'd picked up. Would it be inappropriate to do that?

"Alright, shall we go? I do think coffee might help, or perhaps a good london fog! Those are so delicious, and decadent. Have you ever had the chance to try one?" The earl grey based drink had a frothy covering of milk, and tasted as wonderful as could be. Just the thought of maybe being able to get one put a bit more pep in Blair's step as she headed towards the door, her bags held tight. She didn't notice the camera lens pointed her way as she slipped through the door, to stop at the sidewalk while she waited for Key to join her outside.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-03-2020, 02:29 AM

Another wave of relief passing over him, Key hurried after Priscilla, just happy that she seemed to have her pep again. It hurt and wounded him to see her so paranoid when they just made so much progress. Priscilla didn't need to hide. He would keep her safe. Somehow, with the tiny, pathetic powers that he had. There was no way, though? After the train, there was no way someone could be here.

"O-oh. Yeah. I prefer an Irish breakfast tea but london fog's are good as well. I'm a white mocha latte kind of guy though!" he added with a laugh. Giving the street a quick look, he shook away his worries and grabbed Priscilla's hand. "Come on. The drinks will be my treat and don't fight me on it!" Tugging Priscilla across the street, he took them to a little shop with burgundy awning with drawings of croissants and coffee on the door. Even before Key opened the door, he could smell the warm scents and that left a smile on his face. Good, they needed as many smiles as they could get.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-06-2020, 11:53 PM

Priscilla let herself be pulled along gladly. She even laughed as Key admonished her to let him pay for their snack. "I'll give your favourite drink a try then! You should actually choose everything, since I would love to taste new things, and would have no idea what to pick otherwise." The place Key had chosen was a pretty charming shop, one that made Priscilla feel immediately safer, if only because when she stepped through the threshold she was inside again and hidden from view.

The smells had her smiling, but so did the variety of people inside. They all were so different from each other, wearing their personalities upon their bodies. All of them looked if not content, at least relaxed. She did too, with Key's hand wrapped comfortingly around hers, reassuring her silently that she wasn't alone in dealing with whatever came up. It was that last thought that had Priscilla deciding she would give him the bracelet right there. Why wait?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-11-2020, 09:26 PM

As they passed through the doorway, Key paused, looking back over his shoulder only to meet someone's eye from across the street. He froze, his mouth hanging open before the other person looked away, vanishing into the crowd like any other tourist on the street. There hadn't been anything interesting about them, nothing to say that person even looked at Key, or looked at him for any reason beyond the usual. Looking back at Priscilla, her excited chatter feeling his chest with warmth, Key decided not to say anything about it. Like he said, no one would look for them here and he would not be responsible for ruining Priscilla's mood over nothing.

So, Key smiled and hurried to catch up to the young woman's side, squeezing her hand in reassurance. "Ah well, if you want to try something new then I can definitely arrange that. There are so many different kinds of drinks to try!" he exclaimed with a grin. If you prefer tea to coffee though, maybe I should take you to a bubble tea place sometime? Have you had that before? I never know just what to expect with an upbringing like yours!"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-13-2020, 01:06 AM

Bubble tea? It was a drink Priscilla had never once heard of before. Her mind leapt to images of tea with frothy bubbles, or bubble shaped confections. It widened her smile to think of all the new things in the world there were to be discovered. "Oh, that would be delightful! Is bubble tea sugary and sweet? Or is it something tamer then that?" Her eyes wandered the shop still, until landing on Key again.

She edged closer to him to avoid the crush of people, or that was what she told herself, when all she wanted was to be closer to him. Never before had Priscilla felt so instant a connection with anyone. It was like she'd known him forever.

-------

Lorn's hand hovered over his phone for a few moments, before plunging down onto the screen. "Hey Key, I was wondering if you would want to meet up again sometimes. It would be nice to see you again after so long. Texting isn't the same, and I want to cement our friendship in some way."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-14-2020, 09:50 PM

Key laughed at Priscilla's response, his muscles relaxing back to their usual calm. It made him want to swing their clasped hands, laughing until all the patrons of the cafe looked at them like idiots. Ah, seriously. What was this feeling that kept taking over him even when he should act careful? "Bubble tea can be anything from a milky black tea to sugary fruit and sprinkles. It's not really bubbles but...well, it would be better to show you. There's no way to comprehend the experience until you've had it!" he exclaimed as he pulled Priscilla to the counter, already knowing what he would get. "Now, were you serious about me ordering you whatever? It looks like they do have teas so you could also just get matcha or an earl grey."

Just as he started to point out some of the interesting things on the menu, however, Key's phone buzzed and he glanced at it, brow furrowing when he saw the ID. Lorn? Why was he texting now, as if he somehow sensed that Key brought him up in conversation? It was true that they maintained a good friendship and a part of Key ached at their distance but responding now just felt wrong, what with Priscilla's hand in his.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-16-2020, 12:54 AM

Sugary sweet sounded perfect! Priscilla had always been told to be careful about what she put into her body. She'd never been allowed to indulge, and so even the thought of upcoming culinary discoveries excited her. The young woman knew she would never acquire a sweet tooth, would always be careful, but that didn't mean she couldn't go wild now and again. Laughter bubbled up before she knew it at the idea of everything to come, of all the things Key could show her, and maybe all the things she could show him. "I would love to give it a try sometime, and look forward to seeing what you can surprise me with this time around! Please, take your pick. Even if I end up not liking it, it will still be worth it, if only for being a new experience." There was a joyous twinkle in her eyes as she looked at Key, her past fear forgotten again in favour of enjoying his company and discovering his world. The phone buzzing didn't manage to break her mood, even if she did wonder about who it might be.

#####

Lorn naturally hadn't expected an answer right away. Feelings between himself and Key were still tender, their new relationship still recovering from the ashes of the old. It did worry him though, as if he might lose whatever chance he might have had at forging something new with the person who had become so precious of a friend. "Well, just let me know when a good time to meet up would be at your convenience."

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 08-16-2020 at 12:59 AM..