Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 02-03-2010, 02:33 AM

I think that it is so nasty of people to harass those who want to give out some gifts under a nickname.

The same sort of drama has gone on at gaia, too.

Heruuna
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-03-2010, 04:47 AM

That's exactly my point, it was ridiculous.
I don't see really any of the fairies posting around now except for the Chaos Fairy.
He's such a deviant, but really quite interesting if you read his posts. XD

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 02-18-2010, 10:05 PM

I actually found, and joined that site yesterday.
It looks nice enough, but I couldn't figure out the event, or the job concept, for the life of me.
D 'x

Heruuna
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-19-2010, 08:32 PM

It's not too hard to understand.
For the event, a pile of snow will appear beside your avatar.
Click on it before you go to another page and you'll go to a special screen with three buttons - Attack, Net, and Bait.
Just keep clicking attack and you'll kill the Snow Monster. You'll then get a coin for a reward which you can spend on the special event items.
You can get to the shop with the event items on the latest announcement located on the homepage.

As for the jobs, there's a thread that explains it all, but I'm not able to post it now. (At school, where Solia is blocked. >.<)
I'll get it later.

pachi
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-19-2010, 05:31 PM

Oh, is that why DLS was locked?
How odd.

& I'm glad the fairy fad has pretty much faded. Most of the people who post in the fairy hangout don't even have fairy accounts. xD

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-18-2010, 08:27 PM

Yup, I'm on Solia, too. I haven't really been on, though, because I discovered Ernya shortly after and have been spending a lot of time there. I'm starting to become active here on Menewsha as well, and I just don't see myself being active on Solia. I'll probably check in from time to time, especially when events are going on.
I'm dramaXqueen662 on there, though. Don't look for Cinderella, because if there is one, that's not me!

D-CRESCENDO
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to D-CRESCENDO

Old 05-02-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heruuna View Post
Hehe. Yah. I run a few threads on there.

The fairys were a user-created thingy. The original fairy was the Luna Fairy. She was a mule account of an old-time user of Solia.
She created the mule to donate Luna to people who had been kind and helpful to the other users of the site, and she wanted to remain anonymous while doing it.
Anyways, other people saw she was doing this and wanted to get in on the action. Soon, a hangout was started, and there were dozens of fairys running around.

All the fairys followed a particular theme, and the ones who wanted to create a donation fairy donated items of the same theme. IE, the Solar Fairy handed out Solar items, while the Eclipse Fairy handed out Eclipse items.
Most of the fairys role-played their theme on their fairy account, as well.

A lot of people thought this was annoying, and there was a lot of harrassing and drama and all that basic TS crap.
I don't know why people had such a big problem with it. The fairy mules were to hand out donations to the nice people of Solia, and to newbies.
I guess people just didn't like a thousand accounts with "fairy" in the name. :/
But, because of all of this, the original fairy, the Luna Fairy, left the site for a while and was so pissed off at the users who had been harrassing the fairys.

Annnnnd theeeeen, some regular users went into the Dirty Little Secrets thread and started talking crap to each other about the fairy thing. They kept fighting about it, and harrassing each other, so Dekkard locked the thread.
That was when I wanted to rip someone's throat out. (I go in that thread a lot. >.>)

So, yah. Just your basic TS drama. It was a bunch of exaggerated crap, to me.
I thought it was nice of the fairys to do such a thing, and they were having innocent fun doing it.
Actually, you should get your facts straight before wanting to rip anyone's throat out. The DLS had nothing to do with the fairies and the fairies had nothing to do with the DLS.

A user was banned during the December event for harassing a users and proceeding to harass Iscariot about the warnings she received, these resulted in a permanent ban that was lifted to a temporary ban.

A ban was issued on her mule as well for participating in and arranging a thread be made calling the staff biased and stupid - she was bitter about who gave her the warning initially, I believe.

She came into the Stickam chats I was holding at the time bad mouthing the staff at Solia and I asked her to stop - why come to a chat for a website and proceed to bad mouth said website? Well, it resulted in a lengthy argument and later resulted in posts in the DLS calling me a bitch - me and another user were asked not to post in the DLS. An owner and her friend proceeded to harass a friend of mine until a PM was sent to the involved parties.

Murdoc Niccals
Lt.RainnAron

Old 07-31-2010, 02:31 AM

I hate the people on Solia. They're pretentious pricks.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 07-31-2010, 01:30 PM

The competitive nature that the staff built into solia can bring out the worst in people.

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 08-01-2010, 05:49 AM

I agree with both of the above posts. Sadly. :(

...Which is why my Solia account has been neglected pretty much since the day I joined. :lol:
Where negativity arises in mass quantities, Facade tends to avoid. :ninja:

mdom
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-02-2010, 10:12 PM

I am not a pretentious prick :<
Dude, just avoid the TS. I really like the Hangouts, Good Will, Avatar Discussion... assholes are everywhere.
Honestly the fairy fad bothered me a little, but I never felt the need to create threads about it or comment anywhere.

Larxene
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-03-2010, 11:21 PM

For some reason, I don't remember the Fairy Fad all that much.
I don't think I was paying enough attention to the Fairies, that might be why.

H o l l y
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-04-2010, 04:59 AM

The only reason I noticed the fairy stuff was... I used to be super active in the TS.
Now I post in my beloved Hetalia threads.

+ u +

I love Solia.
Baww.
Why does it have to be down?

There are tons of awesome people on Solia.
Regardless of what some of you may think.

Last edited by H o l l y; 08-04-2010 at 05:11 AM..

Larxene
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-04-2010, 06:07 AM

Yeah, I've met a lot of nice people.
It's just that I think... the TS brings the worst out of people sometimes.

It's really no different no matter where you go. You'll always find nice and mean people on any avatar community.

misfittbaby
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-06-2010, 05:23 AM

I remember when I first joined the site, I tried to give it a chance, I really did, because people said that it was great and the community was great and everyone was super friendly, what lies! D: First, a few Mods got really mean to me just because I ask a question because I thought an event was going on because a banner was very misleading, and he had the right to be rude to me because I didn't know the event had ended? Anyways, so I was like whatever.. that really turned me off the site... so I stop going on, went back to give it another chance, tried chatting in different areas of the forum, I was either completely ignored or someone would say something beyond rude to me for no reason. D: To me, it seems like if you're an "oldbie" people will talk to you, but they aren't really too friendly with new members D:
Plus, I don't quite like their bases, they look a bit off to me ; u ;

Alfred F. Jones
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-08-2010, 01:07 AM

Ahah, I've been on the site for quite a while. |D
Not on my most-used mule, but yeah.
I'll admit that I used to be a TSer for a long time on my main, but as time passed, I seemed to dislike that forum more and more, mainly due to drama and crap that would come up... and I'm just not fond of the users. Maybe not the younger naive ones so much, but definitely the older veterans.
Now I've just retired to the hangouts and other, deader forums with my posse.
... I'm not really fond of the exchange, either. D|
Enough said, really.

I guess one of the forums I'm trying to get into more would be the welcome inn, strangely. It's for newbies anyway, so making friends out of freshmeat can help your bond with the community, although the member I'm closest with is better at that. fffff-

Mis- What did the mods say?
And as for members being rude, just screw 'em, really. Stick to more discussion-based forums, or the welcome inn. They don't seem to be as judgmental as the hangouts or TS, which just seems to be a hangout in itself. Clay often tells people in quests to try chatting there, or used to, but I'd stay in that newbie forum for a while. fffffff-
Hangouts are probably better for older members, since the point is to chat and hang out with friends, so yeah. D;
Or... at least try to introduce yourself, or talk with members of a hangout elsewhere to let them sort of know you first before just jumping into a conversation.

misfittbaby
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-13-2010, 08:50 AM

They were really rude to me when I asked a question, I forgot word by word; but I just remember two mods coming into the thread and being nasty to me and than some random user, non-Mod, PM'd me and was actually apologizing for the Mod's actions.
I don't stay on avatar sites if I cannot enjoy the community as a whole, I join avatar sites for the community, it would make no sense at all for me to stay there and hide out in a few forums because the forums are completely taken over by elite jerks.
Only one person talked to me on that site, no matter where I went, I was completely ignored. How am I suppose to "make friends," if no one will talk to you just because you're not an old user?
First impressions mean everything to me, esp when it's avatar sites, since I don't waste my time with sites like that.

Dr Franken Stein
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Dr Franken Stein Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Franken Stein

Old 09-26-2010, 01:09 AM

Which two mods was it? ) :

I try to be nice to everyone, I'm only nasty when someone is nasty to me first.

Reptile
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-04-2010, 12:11 AM

It's too complicated over there and there's too many things going on. I don't get the shadowing of items, quests, market, etc.

misfittbaby
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-08-2010, 01:31 AM

I'm unsure, to be honest D: This happen a bit ago. :>

Yeah, I've seen some nice people there, when I lurk - but the overall feel to the community is eh. Plus, I was reading a thread on that site about what people thought about their own community, and gotta say; not a lot of people even post that much positive things about it ^^;

jupiter
inactive account

Old 10-22-2010, 01:53 AM

A lot of users there are definitely pretentious and full of themselves. I don't mind it too much because I don't interact with a whole lot of users. Even during events when I'm posting a lot I'm not actually engaging in memorable conversations.

What I hate the most are the unexpected site maintenances where it just shuts down without notice for who-knows-how-long. The items are really pretty, though, and I found a few people I enjoy chatting with.

Nepenthe
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-01-2010, 04:01 PM

I like the community on Solia. And I like the avatars.

The admids are basically toddlers, though. I swear, you so much as entertain a negative thought about them and you get a temp ban. :/

Captain Pains
Ouja Akuma
Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Pains

Old 12-01-2010, 09:26 PM

I have a Solia. But I actually forgot all about it. xD I just logged in after almost a year, funny. I might browse around there and see if it's worth keeping. Last time I felt a little too noob-ish to stay on the site and so I left. Maybe things will be different this time.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 12-02-2010, 12:24 PM

Don't forget that it's a trait people share, not just staff members. My opinion of them has changed considerably since I've been a more active member, but it could all be easily overthrown.

I've seen childish actions on all sites from all staff members; It's upsetting, but you tend to feel powerless to do anything. It's like speaking out against a police officer in the "real" world.

Sokta
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-03-2011, 02:46 AM

I .. well, I didn't get a good impression of Solia.

Like Mene, I joined up there and was able to stay for a few sort days, but then lost my internet for a year. And then I came back to both sites, snooped around a bit on both sites, and then held my breath and walked into the forums.

I just like Mene so much better. Yes, Solia's items are very pretty to me, I think, but .. I just can't get into the forums so much. Everyone there seems to be so serious and .. self-conscious is the word I'm going to use.

I'm aware there's probably real, friendly people out there on that site, but I didn't feel like weeding through it then. Maybe later I'll go back again and give it a second third chance, but I don't know. My thought today when I got online was, "Why waste time with those other sites? Mene is where I want to be." So Mene is where I am.

I was on a few other sites, only one other I stayed at for any length of time, but this one impressed me the best. The community, the openness and friendliness, the caring staff, etc..

Solia seems too big for me and too, well, "elitist" is the word I'm going to use for this sentence. xD; I don't think that people were outright rude, but they were very curt and closed off, as if they weren't interested in my conversation.

There was one person, I think, now that I remember a little more, who was kind. But it wasn't enough for me. The site was just too hard to handle right then. It seems like the sort of site that people who have good computers and lots of internet connects can go on. I'm probably not right, but oh well.

Solia just wasn't for me, I guess. So, I like the items, they're pretty, they are. But the only real way for me to make money to get them is in the forums, and I'm not that interested in their forums.

I just .. don't feel like Solia. There are some other nice sites out there, but Solia is not the one for me right now.

Last edited by Sokta; 01-03-2011 at 02:49 AM..