earthkid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-29-2007, 08:40 PM

I want to be one of the cool kids, so here is an art dump for WIPs and sketches and a place to generally show my progress and any for-fun art. Maybe one day I'll make this post look prettier. D:

http://enchantedtiki.deviantart.com/

Comments and critiques are more than welcome!

Starting off...

Sketch version.

Drawn for a contest on Gaia. Hopefully this will be done very soon. XD The characters belong to Kuro Akira and are in no way shape or form my creations.

Chroma
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Chroma

Old 03-29-2007, 08:46 PM

Ooh, I see your art on Gaiaonline. XDD

Your art style is to die for.
And I've been admiring your sketches. *__* <3

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-29-2007, 08:50 PM

i love the poses and anatomy! i'm going to watch you XD

Lucida
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-29-2007, 08:54 PM

you've got an interesting style, it's quite abstract in some way... really cool, and i like the painty feel about the coloring.

earthkid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-29-2007, 09:09 PM

Thank you all very much! X3 <3 <3 <3!

Lucida, I'm curious about what made you think "abstract"... I've never heard that word applied to my stuff before. It's quite novel. XD

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 03-29-2007, 10:10 PM

Oh my god, earthkid. I love your work. Absolutely love, adore.

earthkid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-29-2007, 10:53 PM

Hey, I know you! XD Thank you so much. It's very exciting to see you here. I adore your art. The details you can fit into your stuff just makes me dizzy. <3

FINISHED!

(Click for full-size!)

Azure
(^._.^)ノ
Banned
n/a

Old 03-30-2007, 12:56 AM

• hot.. sizzzzzzles <3

Catspaw
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-30-2007, 01:04 AM

Your style is to die for! I like the fact that they aren't stiff, but rather you have motion in your picture with such a simple gesture/action.
Amazing coloring abilities, also! The finished picture is...Yay~!

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 03-30-2007, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthkid
Hey, I know you! XD Thank you so much. It's very exciting to see you here. I adore your art. The details you can fit into your stuff just makes me dizzy. <3

FINISHED!

(Click for full-size!)
Lol. I idolize your sheer style. XD I didn't know you had a DA, so I just added you to my watchlist .

Uh. It's not detail, it's OCD. XD;;

Gah, I wonder if you're takng Menewsha or Gaia commissions and whether, like, you'd mail out originals.

earthkid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-30-2007, 02:21 AM

Ahhh you guys are all being really flattering. Thank you so much. <3

@Fongming: I'd call your details "superhuman patience and attentiveness" XD

I prooobably will be, but only when I've finished what's already on my plate. I have a couple Gaia commissions I want to wrap up first. :3 However! I do mail originals. I hoard all of the originals all over my apartment and my mother always complains about how much room they take up when she visits. I'd be happy to send them to proper homes. D:

If I were better at marketing myself, I'd sell some of the originals I have. XD

Atkascha
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-30-2007, 02:29 AM

This turned out really lovely. I love how despite the designs, your anatomy makes it clear that both characters are indeed male. I am also completely in love with the dark haired guy's face. Just completely and utterly in love.

(Ohmigod, I don't know what else to say. Hey you. <3)

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-30-2007, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Ahhh you guys are all being really flattering. Thank you so much. <3

@Fongming: I'd call your details "superhuman patience and attentiveness" XD

I prooobably will be, but only when I've finished what's already on my plate. I have a couple Gaia commissions I want to wrap up first. :3 However! I do mail originals. I hoard all of the originals all over my apartment and my mother always complains about how much room they take up when she visits. I'd be happy to send them to proper homes. D:

If I were better at marketing myself, I'd sell some of the originals I have. XD
Oh man, promise to tell me when you're taking more stuff. I've got a lot of pixel items that need good homes. I haven't been on Gaia much, and I adore, adore, adore traditional, original, artwork.

Lol. as for my drawings, I stuff them in folders so that my roommate doesn't trip on them.

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-30-2007, 03:26 AM

yay pretty! wow i really like your style <3 *stalks*

earthkid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-30-2007, 02:13 PM

@Atkascha: Heloooo~ You always say such nice things. You're very good for my ego!

@Fongming: I definitely will! I think my first two potential slots have thusly already been requested by people I really like. That's cool. XD

I have them on top of any surface that isn't regularly used and a bunch are pinned all over my walls. I try to keep them in one of those big folders but I never remember to stick them in there.

@Jitsumi: Thank you!! <3 <3

Rvaya
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-30-2007, 03:01 PM

oh man earthkid you are improving my leaps and bounds I think!
I hope you'll enter my contest on Gaia when I start it n_n

Jac
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-30-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:

FINISHED!

(Click for full-size!)
Simply gorgeous. I envy your coloring and antomy! So pretty... *glomps all over your art* <3

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-30-2007, 03:20 PM

I'm trying to remember if I ever commissioned you before, but I can't TTATT; I suck terribly at memory TTATT Either way, your art is GORGEOUS! I love your style a lot and I've always admired your style~ XD <333

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-30-2007, 09:02 PM

*bounces around* lol i never remember to stick stuff in my giant folders either. i have a messy little rack (like a mini bookshelf) next to where i draw the most often and tis covered with random pages I've drawn on and art ref books and magazine pages *snort*

Atkascha
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-31-2007, 01:57 AM

I like to help your ego. <3 I also must second the person who said your style has improved in leaps and bounds. It has been a treat to see your art evolve over all these years and I am horribly jealous of how quickly and well you took to computer coloring. XD You're one of my favorite artists. :3

earthkid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-31-2007, 04:02 PM

@Rvaya: Thank you so much! I will definitely endeavor to do so. I love entering contests when I get the time. :3

@Jac: Thank you! X3 <3333

@Shosho: Thank youuu ;__; Actually I don't think you ever have! I'm kind of a small fish in a big pond on Gaia if that's where you usually look. It doesn't help that I'm terrified of running an art shop on a site that big.

@Jitsumi: ROFL I sympathize. My big problem is this little shelf above my computer and right next to my scanner. I have a habit of drawing on my notes and then refusing to throw out that paper because I like the doodle too much. At least I finally figured out how to remove blue lines. This guy used to be on lined paper, but I'm glad I saved him.

@Froglegs: Awwwww ;__; <33333333 Thank you ;.;

More recent art. This was a commission by McFroglegs, though one of the characters is mine... here is a more PG version, though I don't think the original is offensive or explicit. You can see it on my DA if you'd like. I encourage you to, as I'm very proud of it. It's Utena art inspired.

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-31-2007, 04:21 PM

What~ you're not a small fish! XD <3 I guess I've wanted your art so much that I thought I had commissioned you XD;;;;; *fooled self and le sigh* u___u;;; Why are you terrified?? *A* <3 You have lots of fans! X3

Ah! the new piece is beautiful *A* <3 Hahah, when I first saw it, I thought of Utena and then I read the last sentence XD <333 I love the color and the contrast you use~ *A* Wow~ So intense <3

earthkid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-31-2007, 04:52 PM

Well, you can change that if you like~ 8DDDD (Oh so subtle self-promoting.) But I'm terrified because I'm very shy and easily overwhelmed. I'm just kind of learning that sometimes it's okay to say "no" D: So most of my commissions happen when people just happen to PM me at the right time. I'm always so surprised when people have heard of me or are following my art.

Thank youuuuu~ ;.; <333333 I'm really proud of it, so that's all so exciting to hear. <3 <3 <3

mai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-31-2007, 04:58 PM

oooh the one for kuro's contest is really nice! I love the atmosphere there, and for your new drawing as well *3* you have a nice way of making characters interact with each other, and pretty profile too (one of my weakness >.<)!. if you ever have a shop on gaia, I would love to commission you sometimes! <-- too poor on here. don't be afraid ya, your art is amazing :3 <3

earthkid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-31-2007, 05:54 PM

Thank you so much ;.; I'll be doing Gaia commissions soon, I think... when I'm done with whatever I end up doing here I'll do some fancier commissions over at Gaia. At least that's the plan... school has been really hard on me this semester. Worst case scenario I'll be able to do art at the beginning of May.

Quickie Gaia commission I finally finished. XD