HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 07-04-2011, 05:22 PM

[Just as a note, yes; this post is long but only because its my starter and I had to get through several things at once xD the rest wont be this big,]

Well.. That certainly could have gone better. Engines near enough shot.. Fuel crystals low, controls operating at minimum capacity.. Not good, not good at all.. The figure within the cockpit of the ship frantically pulled at the controls, adjusting nodes and stabilizing the falling craft as it hurtled toward a planet, the blue and green masses on it would have been promising, if they werent' spinning wildly.
A shift in gravity made the pilot lurch backward suddenly, the ship was still falling, down, down through the dark sky on the opposite side, the twin suns at the centre of the system glowing across the horizon before vanishing entirely.

The inhabitants on the dark side looked up on this one night, watching as a star fell from the sky, bright white, streams of silver following in its wake, twisting as it dove down, further and further before vanishing into the nearby sea.

She came to about an hour or so later, so many things to do.. Where was she..? Location unknown.. Planet type.. Inhabitable, Class 3, limited bacteria, survivable.. Ship status..? All systems at critical.. Failure stemmed by nano repair systems.. Full Auto-Reconstruction System estimated to complete.. seventeen cycles..? Damn..
Medical bay was her first stop.. Fixing up injuries and taking to cosmetic reconstruction, the ship had scanned the natives in her time unconscious so she could take on a more suiting appearance.

The translator implant wasn't so pleasant, an organic microbe being injected into her skull, it would pick up on nearby languages not recognized and adjust her ability to speak, so she could converse with the locals. Local technology suggested they hadn't begun using advanced mechanics or clockworks..
Great, a backwater planet.. More work to do.. She had to fabricate new clothes and a weapon that wouldn't draw attention, a sword was what she got, she'd had training with similar things in the past.. Sure she'd be carrying a nano interface in her left wrist, standard fare for her world, but in this place it was probably going to be far too advanced.. But she would need it if she was going to get by..

And now the big swim.. Once out of the airlock she was met with freezing cold water, and she did NOT like it, especially as she struggled up to the surface, breaking it with a deep gasp. Land was straight forward, she knew that much.
After what seemed an age she finally struggled up onto the shore, gasping heavily, beaten and weary after her little ordeal.. If only she could figure out what had happened to leave her in this kind of state. Her ship was safe underwater for now.. But it would take so long to repair itself and generate the fuel to leave.. Warp home..

As she lay there on the sand she stared up at the stars, wondering which of them belonged to her homeworld.. She wondered where she was on the world, if it was dangerous, if there was a local settlement of some type.. She would have to learn customs and lore or whatever if she wanted to survive here.. Or she could find somewhere private nearby, to live alone until the ship was ready.. But if she did that she'd get lonely.. She hated being alone, even running that ship on her own was difficult..

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via Yahoo to Kia_

Old 07-04-2011, 06:39 PM

http://www.freewebs.com/oceanskys/cutie.bmp
(If this is short I am sorry, my posts tend to be a bit short atm, I just came back inside from doing daytime fireworks things)

A native passed by, he wasn't as you'd expect (wearing what pic shows) and seemed not as quick to assume than others. He had seen something fall from the sky but once he got to where it landed there was no evidence of it. There was only a young girl lying on the ground looking up at the stars. Moving slowly yet cautiously towards her, he spoke "Are you okay?" he didn't know anything about her and she still looked like a shadow on the ground a tad.

He on the other hand had short hair and a kind face to match his style. Though his outfit showed he did a lot of wars or battles and his right arm had a scar on it from one of them. They had been fighting alot lately, he had been off on his own, but, then again he was about 26 in earth times, in other times it could be different. Though he looked more towards younger twenties than his own age.

HC-Gal

Old 07-04-2011, 07:00 PM

[Picture Linky for reference..]
The sound of encroaching footsteps had fallen on deaf ears at first, so distracted and caught up in her own little world she didn't realize it until the the man was closer and talking to her. The sound of his voice initially made her jump as she scrambled to her feet, grasping the simple steel saber she'd procured and holding it up defensively, however the fact that she was shivering like a wet kitten only made her hands shakey and ultimately made the weapon tremble just as much.

Her brain was processing his words, she needed to focus on them until the linguistics kicked in, but from what she could tell he'd only said three things, she needed a little more until she could understand more clearly. Under starlight and the shining of the moon, she could make him out well enough, there didn't seem to be anyone else with him, so if he was threatening her she could try to deal with him.. Or run.. Running seemed like a better idea.. There was no telling just who or what this guy was, but he didn't look too bad.. She was sure she'd met a race just like him once before..

She stepped backwards cautiously, still in a defensive posture, but slightly weakened knees made her motions seem a bit off-balance. Her hair was plastered to her face and remnants of water decorated her face, making it clear she was soaking, along with the dripping of the water droplets onto the sand and how some of it had stuck to her after getting up. She probably didn't look all that threatening, more frightened than anything truthfully.

Last edited by HC-Gal; 07-04-2011 at 07:04 PM..

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 07-04-2011, 07:12 PM

"Woah woah woah" Kyler raised his arms in defense and tried to seem less well trying not to scare her "Look its alright, I'm not going to hurt you" then he started wondering if she could even understand him "are you okay?" he asked once more waiting for what could happen next, if she ran, others might think she was a spy, if she stayed he might be able to help her out a bit or at least see if she is alright.

Thoughts ran throughout his mind and then wondered about how she got here and when did she get here. She wasn't from either side that was for sure to be known with how she reacted. The other side would attack without a doubt, his side would do the same thing without asking anything. It was already in place that she wasn't from here, the only question that seemed to remain was where?

HC-Gal

Old 07-04-2011, 07:26 PM

Okay that's better, more words. Work you stupid translation microbe.. I didn't stick a needle in my head for fun! The girl seemed to frown for a moment, looking aside to the water as she remembered that little moment. She HATED needles. But some things were a necessary evil.. His words made sense now and she lowered the sword a bit so it was pointed down tot he ground, seeming to struggle with talking for a second,
"I.. Fine.. Just.." She stuttered, looking at the stranger, "My uh.." She hesitated, but then, this would actually be seen as something different, "Ship.. It crashed.." She pointed the sword further down and stuck it int he sand, collapsing on her rear and lowering her head, "Went under the sea.."

She looked up at him and heaved a little, her teeth chattering,
"I'm r-really c-c-cold.." She managed, smiling weakly, it was true, the water had soaked nicely into her brand new clothes but there really wasn't much to help with that. She was rifling through her head for old stories of worlds in settings before space age technology, hell before people even knew what electricity was.. She'd read a lot when she was a kid, so she had a few stories she could use to pretend she was just another native of the planet.. But she really didn't know much of anything to do with their world in particular,
"I uhm.. W-where am I..?" She asked, she needed a name she could work with, the more input she had, the more she could fake it.

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 07-04-2011, 07:49 PM

"Ah I see, okay well here" slowly he moved towards her trying to show he was harmless he took off the long cloak like hood he was wearing and draped it over her shoulders "We'll want to get you some dry clothes and later get your ship out of there" he knew what a ship was but always was a land attacker so never really seen one before. "You are not from here are you?" he asked.

HC-Gal

Old 07-04-2011, 08:10 PM

"My ship.." She started, feeling the warm cloak pressed over her shoulders.. It was much warmer than she was before, the difference was considerable, and there was an odd scent to it, pleasant almost, "It's.. Nothing valuable," She reasoned, she couldn't let on that it was actually in perfect working condition let alone begin more than some silly wooden seafaring vessel, she couldn't attract attention to it, however. She got to her feet again, crossing her arms to pull the cloak around herself a little more tightly, but then held the two sides together while she grabbed her sword, sheathing it to her left.

His question made her want to chuckle a little, he really had no idea just how right he was, but she kept a straight face, shaking her head softly,
"No.. I.. I came from a place far away from here.. I was traveling alone." Okay that'll work, now for a name, she couldn't use her own, it was far too bizarre for this language, even as she tried to pronounce her own name in her head she realized the language difference made it far too suspicious.. She needed something simpler.. That didn't sound so weird..
"I am.. Mika. Mika Linearc." She started, shrugging her shoulders and pulling the cloak around herself again, "A-and thank you.. I feel better.. What is your name?"

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 07-04-2011, 08:20 PM

"Well your ship can't stay there forever, we'll need the water to stay open for others to come through if we need them" Kyler spoke adding "My name is Kyler, Kyler Penning. Come on, let's go get you into the heat and get some dry clothes" Kyler spoke waiting to see if she could walk or not. She was shivering from the icy water, it had just gotten over winter but the water would still be freezing either way. "Your name is unique, I like it" He spoke smiling kindly.

HC-Gal

Old 07-04-2011, 08:35 PM

Oh geeze this guy was stubborn.. She'd have to see if she could basic propulsion systems running on remote control and move it further out so no-one discovered it.. Sure it'll raise a few small questions, like where her ship was, but she could explain it as being so small it probably got washed away and out to sea.. Again technically not a lie, except that it would be going of her will, not because of the elements.. She followed along next to him, though at the same time keeping a slight distance, she was still a little wary, a little unsure..

His compliment to her name was met with slightly mixed responses in her head. It was nice that he liked it but he called it unique, which meant it was still different and notable, suspicious.. She half wanted to curse that she'd already screwed up somehow, but then, the blush on her cheeks, hidden by the dim of the night, kept her quiet. He was offering to take her somewhere warm, she couldn't argue with that. And somewhere warm might include food.. Sure it would be food she'd never eaten in her entire life but at the same time it would be better than ship-prepared rations..

But then she couldn't guarantee there would be food, so why not just ask? she realized it was a little rude.. Maybe.. But she had to..
"D-do you have food where we're going..?" She questioned half quietly, getting a little closer as they left the beach for the darker treeline they were passing. She supposed this Kyler knew where he was going, but she couldn't know for definite. Heck for all she knew he was trapping her..
And thoughts like that would only make her more paranoid..

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 07-04-2011, 11:24 PM

(sorry lol I went to take a nap and usually I don't log off the site)

"Yea of course, anything in perticular you like to eat?" he asked adding "Sweet things or sour or spicy?" there were several things he could name off but stuck with the basics. Moving them towards a village he stayed at to guard the lines, they soon entered, others were looking at her, Kyler took the hood and put it over her head. "Don't worry, we usually don't see new people around here often, they'll get used to you" Kyler smiled and led her into a small hut like building underground.

HC-Gal

Old 07-05-2011, 12:18 AM

[its quite all right, I was due to hop off anyway xD]

'Mika' smiled a little when he replied quite positively, the choices offered, in terms of taste, sounded good atleas,t but she had yet to actually see the food, but she wasn't too fussy right then either. THe thought of something spicy came to mind, it'd certainly warm her up some. She would have said it too until they ended up in the village. The staring eyes immediately forced Mika back in a shell of fear as she moved quite suddenly closer to Kyler and lowered her head, barely reacting when he covered her head.

One of her arms reached out to grasp at his nervously. When they finally got into the hut and away from the others she let go just as quickly, pulling back the hood and inched away from him a little,
"I.. It's been a while since I've been near people.." She admitted, checking her clothes. The sand had dirtied them a bit, but what bothered her most was the damp. They'd need drying out, but until then it meant she had nothing to wear, which made her wince a little.. Maybe she should have fabricated a container to carrying some spare clothes in or something. Fool move on her part, but she supposed she was bound to make some kind of mistake in her slight panic.

She looked about finally at the small home, she supposed it was probably Kylers since he'd lead her to it and entered it without much hesitation, the cramped space was nothing like being on board her ship. Sure the ship itself was small compared to some of the massive warships and cruise liners she'd seen but frankly she'd been living quite comfortably, more so than here at least..
"Why are you.. Helping me anyway..? You barely know me.."

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 07-05-2011, 01:03 AM

(:D)

Kyler shrugged a bit "I like to help people, its in my nature to do so, lets get you some clothes and food then we'll talk more." Kyler spoke and waved at a girl who looked about 12, she had dirty blonde hair in two braids and hazel eyes to match her warm hearted smile "Yes brother?" "Could you get Mika here some clothes to wear and set her up with a meal?" "Of course" the child beamed "My name is Kelly, nice to meet you" Kelly smiled taking the girl's hand and leading her off to her bedroom up the steps.

HC-Gal

Old 07-05-2011, 01:27 AM

"I..! Uh..!" Mika wanted to respond, perhaps protest that she was being dragged away from Kyler, who she was only just getting used to and now she was being dragged off by some little girl she didn't know.. Wait.. Brother? It translated that right didn't it? So they were related... She guessed it wasn't too much harm to play along for now. She figured it was a little pointless to tell the girl her name since Kyler had blurted it out and sent the girls on their way.
So this young girl was not only going to give her clothes but get her food..? It seemed a little odd that a child so young be doing the cooking. But then her knowledge of most early civilizations stated that the young girls were typically the ones to start working in the kitchen, being taught by their mother to carry on traditional family recipes and the like..

When they stopped in Kelly's room, Mika slowly removed the cloak that belonged to Kyler, though she could already feel the cold of her damp uniform again. She folded the cloak neatly and worked on stripping away the layers of clothing, at least what little there was. Sand residue remained on her skin so she spent a little time trying to brush off what had dried already, but her hair would be a mess.. She didnt actually think twice about the physical scars on her body, a circular wound on the front and back of one shoulder, a couple of streaks across her belly, they'd never properly healed and she didn't like the regeneration process that got rid of now 'semi'-permanent scars since it forcefully stripped the scarred section away and used fine-tuned radiation to increase ones regenerative capabilities for a short period of time while not affecting the natural lifespan. The aftermath was lasting searing pain, like an inflammation, until it cooled down and stopped hurting.

She wondered suddenly.. What clothes could a twelve year old girl possibly offer some-one Mika's size? there would be multiple size differences, especially in all the important places.. Again her short-sightedness was making her feel embarrassed, perhaps a little stupid..

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 07-05-2011, 01:38 AM

"Hm...you arn't my size but I do believe I still have some clothes from mother that you could wear" the girl looked like she could be almost 16 with her height but her attitude proved otherwise. "This is mother's things, I'm not sure what you like to wear that we have but anything in here you can wear. Brother told me to get you new clothes and food, he isn't too good about knowing what girls want, shall I draw a hot bath to help you warm up?" she asked a bit hopeful, she wanted to do what she could most kids her age were young boys so helping was always fun and good.

HC-Gal

Old 07-05-2011, 02:20 AM

"Oh.. alright.." She started, she was certainly about to say that Kelly couldn't possibly have that much in her size, she still felt awkward, but Kelly didn't seem too bothered by anything as she acted quite normally around Mika. She thought about the bath.. She hadn't a proper wash yet, she could admit, and after that little incident swimming to shore, she wasn't sure she wanted to go into more water.. But then it was just a bath,
"That's... Not actually a bad idea Kelly.." She said suddenly.

It wasn't a bad idea really, after all, while she had herself a wash and cleaned her hair some, Kelly would have time to prepare food.. It certainly seemed more efficient and the prospect of getting warmed up still appealed to her. So yes, she'd go for the water option.. At least it wasn't over a hundred meters deep and a thousand meters away from the closest shore..
She took one of the dresses of Kelly's mother, a simple white piece, long, down to the heels almost, and it flowed quite nicely, though she really hoped she could get her own stuff dried and worn soon. Her first day in this new place would start tomorrow so she wanted to be prepared. She didn't really worry about her sword.. No-one would know she had one other weapon at all times until it was too late..

She wasn't sure why she would even think like that.. but it made her feel safe at least..

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 07-05-2011, 02:59 AM

"Enjoy the bath?" Kelly asked coming into the room adding "Your clothes are drying" the bathroom was in another room so it was easier for better privacy for a little girl or any girl more to say. "I brought the food to you, brother says he has a meeting before having to go out again, so you can do as you please then, your clothes should be done by tomorrow at the least" Kelly had taken proper care of the clothes, even made spehgetti with meat sauce her way, garlic bread, and even brought in some fruit juice that she made a couple days before Mika arrived for herself (like v-8 or smoothie XD)

HC-Gal

Old 07-05-2011, 12:35 PM

[o_O that was quick, didn't know she even got IN a bath yet.. You need to slow down a little, you're rushing xD]

Mika had quickly gotten her hair cleaned first, though she was still a bit sore after her ordeal. She had made sure she scrubbed up nicely before getting out and pulling on the dress she'd chosen, she wasn't entirely used to having long hair yet, the cosmetic changes to her body were all a bit strange. Even when she cleaned her ears she felt like she was missing something, the long point they once held was gone, the rest was entirely functional, but it still felt weird.. And it was no wonder she couldn't breathe underwater any more, her gills had been sealed up externally. They were still there, she could feel it, but they would have been a dead give-away that she wasn't what this world would have considered normal.

The meal looked.. Interesting, certainly different to what she was used to.. She sat down where appropriate and arranged the meal around herself so she could try it. It was evident she'd never had spaghetti before because she didn't even twirl the strange food with her fork, simply bringing up a mouthful and chewing off the ends of the long white stringlike items. It was odd, but strangely satisfying, and the taste of what she assumed was meat was well assisted by the sauce covering it.

She spied the drink and took a sip,
"Wow.." She mentioned, "That's pretty nice.." She smiled, taking a larger gulp. Within minutes she'd finished it all, looking quite satiated. She was warmer, full and no longer in damp clothes. And thanks to Kyler and Kelly she wasn't feeling so frightened and distressed. It was good that her own clothing would be ready tomorrow, she'd want them back.

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 07-05-2011, 05:14 PM

(oh you can still be in the bath, wasn't trying to rush it. I should have asked 'Enjoying the bath' my bad. I thought I did)

"Thanks mother taught me to make it when I was real little, brother had to re-taught me" Kelly answered and left the room for a bit she would return when she could, she was in the middle of doing things while bringing in the food. She realised it was a quick bath but wondered how long the girl was going to stay. She didn't mind having her there, more girls was a plus around where they lived.

HC-Gal

Old 07-05-2011, 05:48 PM

[It's alright xP I'm good at improvising.]

A mother and a brother.. Well they had a family structure at least, but considering the girl spoke in what she translated as past tense she could only assume they were no longer with their mother, or she had passed away.. Mika felt an odd pang or remembrance.. She had a similar problem, her mother had been killed during the third galactic war a decade ago.. Things had settled since then, peace treaties were made, the underlying hatreds carried on, civilization carried on as normal..
The more things changed, the more it all stayed exactly the same..

Maybe being stuck with these folks was a bad idea.. She'd have a hard time forgetting things like that if she had to deal with similar things daily. She couldn't go back tot he ship though.. It was still repairing itself and doubtful to be a survivable place until it had repaired more of its systems. The holo-quarters would have been a good place to train in peace or to play some of her stored holo-games. She'd even bought a couple of the latest Holonovels for passing the time..
Well too late now..

She took the dishes and cutlery back to what she assumed was the kitchen, placing them on the side, but unsure of what to do next. In her studies of pre-technology worlds she wasn't sure what they did with dishes, so she felt a little lost. Did she have to clean them? Did some-one else do it? Where she was from the plates were all replicated for a single use then disintegrated and stored for later reuse, any refuse or organic matter/bacteria being destroyed entirely, a completely clean system.

She looked down at herself then, at the dress. It was actually rather nice, at least a lot nicer than being stuck in a thermal body-suit half the time. Though she figured it would have done her more good out in the cold water.. She'd get out of here tomorrow.. That would be fine.. If she could find a private place to set up surely she'd be okay..

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 07-07-2011, 02:45 AM

(gonna re-write this, maybe more to your liking...>.>)

Kelly was doing most of the chores, cleaning dishes, doing laundry, and even babysitting. She wanted to get back to helping the new girl Mika but she was way too preoccupied as it was. Kyler was talking in the meeting and said he would get back to them later one, the other side would soon be trying to start something and he would need to make sure all the females and children are in one spot. Kyler's father was part of the resistance and he was the one who had began this. So Kyler himself thought he had to be alot more like his father and take on every responsibility.

Kyler wasn't going to easily trust this new foreigner girl, Mika. It was odd that she would come from a ship, that she could survive those icy cold waters without getting sick, and yet she was able to get along with Kelly so quick at that rate. Kelly hated other girls Kyler brought in, most of the time it was guys but Kelly was totally fine with them. Kyler and Kelly were half siblings, same mother but different fathers. So Kyler chose to take her in and raise her as a big brother should when the mother turned or passed away.

(thats all I'm writing, when i feel like it,and if this rp continues I will write then and only then)

Last edited by Kia_; 07-07-2011 at 05:08 PM..

HC-Gal

Old 07-08-2011, 02:29 PM

For a little while, Mika watched Kelly scurrying about, trying to do chores left right and center. It was almost dizzying how much she seemed to put on herself just to help out around the place. She couldn't imagine alot of girls her age back home wanting to do this much work. Life was too convenient, they could spend more time chatting to each other about their boyfriends or which guy was cuter. Yet here was this girl on this planet, working harder in one day than any of them could stand to do in a week. It made Mika smile a little.

She bounced on her heels softly, placing her hands behind her back, though once again she noticed how light she felt here. She needed to calculate the difference in gravity, get used to it, not that it was hard to get used to being lighter, it was enjoyable, liberating in a way. But she couldn't just try a few exercises or bring up her arm-based omni-tool to start making readouts. She'd freak some-one out for sure.
After the good meal and the warm bath, she felt a little too restless, too energetic to go to sleep. Her curiosity was beginning to nag at her, she wanted to look around, but it was dark and people would probably think she was up to something. Mika wondered where that man, Kyler, had gotten to.
In all honesty, standing around like this was starting to bug her, she wanted to do something, anything, or she'd go a little stir crazy. She needed to get her mind off things.

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 07-29-2011, 07:03 PM

I'm sorry I can't think of anything for this, can we end it? I've lost interest for it lately and I hadn't meant to not touch it for so long but it got lost.

HC-Gal

Old 07-30-2011, 03:10 PM

Okay..

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 07-30-2011, 08:21 PM

im sorry