ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 10-13-2016, 12:51 AM

So I've always had a love/hate relationship with social media, I joined Facebook years after it got big, I never really messed around on Twitter until last year. And to this day I only keep Facebook because of my family. And as of late, I realize it's super hard to talk to anyone without have to go to multiple different sites, or add them to my personal social media (or even my cell phone number). And I wish I didn't have to do that. Like, if I haven't known a person very long, I don't want them on my personal stuff. Which got me thinking about the good ol' days of simple messengers like MSN, AIM and even Yahoo. And honestly, I just want those back. I know there are newer ones but you always have to use/connect your phone.

Anyways, I'm trying to get my friends to use AIM again, and you should join me. I haven't been around Mene a lot anymore but would love to get in contact with people again. So, let's make this a thing again.

CookieMonstahh
Ohai~ o3o

Old 10-13-2016, 03:12 AM

Plenty of people still use AIM, but I can't stand it honestly. I have one technically but I use it like once every 2 years, lmao.

Most of the people I know and talk to use Skype, so that's my main messenger. Between Skype and FB Messenger, I pretty much have all my friends covered. I've tried using AIM again since a bunch of my rp friends use it... I really have. And I'd use it for like a couple weeks, but then just... casually not log in again for another 2 years. It just seems dreadfully boring, idk why, I've just always stuck to Skype. xD

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 10-13-2016, 03:39 AM

I despise Skype, so much lol plus I can't download it on my laptop so there's no point. Plus when I was using it for my ldr it never worked properly. I gave up on it a long time ago lol but I'm glad it works for other people.

CookieMonstahh
Ohai~ o3o

Old 10-13-2016, 03:54 AM

I use it either on my phone, or if I'm on a laptop or computer, I just use the web browser version so I don't have to download anything~ xD but yeah. Everyone likes different things, so you kinda have to just either go with what the majority of people like to use, or just kinda find other ways to keep in contact. Unfortunately, I don't talk very often to my friends who don't go on Facebook much and don't use Skype - in those cases I try to text them and keep in touch that way. But there's no pleasing everyone~ especially when there are dozens and dozens of alternatives that people like to use.