Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-17-2013, 09:36 PM

lol ahh kids gotta love em' XD

My daughter is 13 now so messes aren't that huge of an issue...begging for cell phones on the other hand. OH GAWD! STFU CHILD! Back in my day we had pagers! Well the rich kids did anyway. XD

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 12-17-2013, 09:49 PM

When I was a kid, we communicated via paper and pen.
xD
House phones and dial up.
Those were the days. xD

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-17-2013, 10:23 PM

*gets a cane and starts knitting* ain't that the truth. XD

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 12-18-2013, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
It's up to you! If you want to enter something other than cookies in the sweet category, I suggest you take them all together. If not, just don't go over the limit to enter the category. :D

I'll be making cookies today too thanks to the lovely snow trapping me in.
Now I just need to get the pictures off my phone & on to mene.
Silly me forgot to bring my camera & had to use my cell phone.
We do most of our baking at my parents house since they have the nice large kitchen.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-18-2013, 02:52 AM

So, I've discovered something AMAZING. Regular cake + pumpkin spice and vanilla = more home made taste than altering pumpkin spice. Caaaaake.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 12-18-2013, 06:15 AM

TaiyoTsuki:

Quote:
Pizza Scrolls recipe

Ingredients:
2 cups self-raising flour
40g butter, chopped
1/2 cup milk
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 pineapple slices, finely chopped
100g sliced ham, shreddedc
1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Brush an oven tray with oil. Sift flour into bowl. Rub butter into flour using fingertips, for 2min or until fine and crumbly. Add almost all the milk, mix into soft dough, add more milk if necessary. Turn onto lightly floured surface, knead for 30 seconds.

2. Roll out dough on baking paper to a 20 x 30 cm rectangle, about 5mm thick. Spread tomato paste over dough, leaving 1 cm edge.

3. Combine onion, pineapple, ham, cheese and parsley, mix well. Spread evenly over tomato paste, leaving a 2cm edge. Using paper as a guide, roll up dough from long side.

4. Using a sharp knife, cut roll into eight slices. Place cut-side down on tray, bake for 20 minutes until golden.
That's the recipe I used, I didn't use pineapple pieces in mine and I used bacon pieces instead of ham and substituted the parsley for dried oregano and dried basil...Only reason for the differences in ingredients is that I like to use what I have in the kitchen and hardly ever buy non-essential additions to make something. But essentially the method is how I made mine.

Last edited by Ling; 12-18-2013 at 06:17 AM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-19-2013, 04:59 AM

Sugar Plum Sweets
Username:Nephila
Creation name/Optional Link for Recipe: Treat Tray!
2 kinds of short bread, Chocolate covered Marzipan and Amaretto balls decorated in fun white and gold sprinkles. I made all of those. The oranges and Lindor truffles were added for color and sparkle.
Image of My Entry:

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 12-19-2013, 05:26 AM

Thanks Ling! I'll have to try that recipe out too.

Oh Neph! You had me at marzipan. I am just...

I'll update everything shortly on the front page!

Speaking of goodies, yesterday was a batch of lemon snowflake cookies and today is traditional gingerbread men!

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-19-2013, 08:26 AM

So... Much... Food...

Can I live here?

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-19-2013, 03:25 PM

You are an inspiring lot! So many yummy things.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-19-2013, 10:25 PM

I wanted to make gingerbread for Lilith's Class yesterday but one of her classmates is allergic to egg the another can't have it due to religious reasons (strict vegetarians) I suppose I could try it without egg. *ponders*

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 12-20-2013, 05:53 AM

Ooh. I bet you could make some really good gingerbread without egg.

---------- Post added 12-20-2013 at 12:54 AM ----------

Also. I love that name, Lilith <3

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-20-2013, 09:47 AM

Tip: I think it's equivalent to three eggs- three tablespoons of flax seed and six tablespoons of water stirred well and left to sit apparently replaces eggs.

Strict vegetarians, or vegans? Do they eat things like honey?

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-20-2013, 02:37 PM

He has milk and honey but no meat, including eggs and fish. I'm guessing he's some sect of Hindu because off hand I can't think of any other religion that practices like that.

So is it the oil from the seeds then? That would make sense. I could have probably used Canola oil.

We ended up putting together Grinch Kabobs. XD Christmas Grinch Kabobs Recipe | Just A Pinch Recipes
They're so kid friendly and fun :D . . I SO should have taken pictures of them before I sent her off today but I spaced out on it. lol.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-20-2013, 05:33 PM

Those are cute. :D

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 12-21-2013, 03:07 AM

They really are. I'm a sucker for green grapes so I'm sold. :D Way healthier than some of the holiday options for kids so, that's perfect!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-21-2013, 09:05 AM

Gingerbread Houses
Edible/ Inedible: Inedible...though in a stretch the markers were non toxic. XD *ahem* anyways it's short story time.

Once upon a time when the world fell into apocalypse and few scattered human colonies remained. Little hope was in the world. Children and adults alike fell to the abominations born from the mistake of nuclear war amongst VERY naughty men.
Up in the north pole in a bunker made of gingerbread was Santa. Radio active elves would not stop him from bringing joy back to the children of earth.
"Ho ho ho! You've all been very naughty this year." He said wielding his magical Candy cane riffle. Every icy magical shot turned his once loyal worker back into magical snow.
He took up the reigns of his reindeer and shot across the sky. The magical snow blanketed it's way across the whole world curing those afflicted with living death. It was a Christmas miracle. The children and adults cheered as Santa waved. This year he had given the gift of life.

Image of My Entry:

---------- Post added 12-21-2013 at 03:06 AM ----------

I just realized I didn't sign this...do you want me to take a picture of it with my name tag?

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 12-21-2013, 05:14 PM

Haha. No, if it's a drawn image, that'll do. Unless you can link it to a deviant art account or your photobucket, etc.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-22-2013, 06:44 AM

Yuletide Tidbits
Creation name/Optional Link for Recipe: Mini Quiche!

I used this for the pie crust recipe Butter Flaky Pie Crust Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I put layers of cheese veggies (spinach, tomato and onion) and ham in the shells and baked at 350 for about 25 min. I cooked the veggies before placing them in the shells so the crust doesn't get soggy from their juices leaking during cooking.
I made the holly garnish with toothpicks, cherry tomatoes, and spinach. :)
Image of My Entry:

Newborn

Old 12-22-2013, 06:58 PM

Wow, Nephila, I like looking at the tasty things you have been making.
I am new here and was told about this thread yesterday. I will have to take a picture of my gingerbread house(s) later!

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-22-2013, 08:17 PM

Welcome to Mene, Newborn! I look forward to seeing your gingerbread house. :)

What's everyone making next? I just got back from the store with ingredients for sesame biscotti, but I think I'm going to try that recipe that TaiyoTsuki posted for Candy Cane fudge first! Wish me luck!

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 12-22-2013, 08:31 PM

I made mints, now I just need to get some pictures before they all get gone.

MacSen191
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-22-2013, 08:47 PM

I'm going to be making cookies on Tuesday with the in laws.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 12-22-2013, 10:00 PM

Welcome to Menewsha, Newborn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
Welcome to Mene, Newborn! I look forward to seeing your gingerbread house. :)

What's everyone making next? I just got back from the store with ingredients for sesame biscotti, but I think I'm going to try that recipe that TaiyoTsuki posted for Candy Cane fudge first! Wish me luck!
I'm honored~! I just the last piece of it today with my cider...which I'm entering into the contest of yummies. Good luck on the fudge, Belly!

------

Woodlandnymph:

Wintery Concoctions
Username: TaiyoTsuki
Creation name/Optional Link for Recipe: Hot Mulled Fruit Cider-->Hot Mulled Fruit Cider | mrfood.com
Image of My Entry:

I took a picture of it right after I'd poured it into the cup, so there's still steam rising off the top. It is sooo good, with the cranberry juice and the cinnamon and the cloves and the nutmeg...

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 12-23-2013, 01:20 AM

Sugar Plum Sweets
Username: Clariusflorina
Creation name/Optional Link for Recipe: Yumeh's Poop Lump of Coal / Recipe
Image of My Entry: