Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-01-2017, 10:17 AM

~

Last edited by Nephila; 06-12-2017 at 10:07 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-01-2017, 10:18 AM

Hello 2017 how are you today? I know we're all thinking it but DAMN 2016 was a bitch of a year that took a lot of great stars with it. But, that's all in the past now. I'm looking forward to starting new with this one. So with that said;

I'm Nephila a content creator and pixel artist for Menewsha.com As well as many other personal pinup projects that run the gambit from SciFi/Horror/Fantasy Pinups of both my original and fanart characters.

I'd like to get into 3D art and get my long dreamed about comic ideas out of my head and onto "paper".

I'm starting this year off with a bang and finally posted my Patreon. I changed my Deviant Art account to reflect the name I've had on Menewsha since 2007 I'm ready for this crazy ride to making my dreams come true.

Last year I got 650 Feedback messages on DA. I'm hoping to see that number grow this year.

RL Goals for this year

• Keep my Deviant Art account up to date with new stuff TWICE a week. Even if it's a different version of the same piece.
  • Create a solid Cosplay AND GET GOOD PICTURES of it!
  • Sell some originals/take more commissions (if I add a few more every year I'll be happy and able to "retire" to my art and only create things for a living)
  • Go for more walks
  • Do the 1 1 1 1 rule!

Mene Goals for this year
  • Update my memory jar everyday with the awesome new prompts that were added this year.
  • Maintain shops already bought out in my Quest
  • Try to get 30K between each event. (Cuz lulz)

Art Goals

Some basic and not so basic goal for my art this year. Also image ideas I want to do.
  • Get 60 favs/mentions a month on my DA Gallery 5/12!
    Jan >59
    Feb > 60- 120 (60 mentions)
    Mar > 121- 225 (104 mention)
    April > 226- 305 (79 mentions)
    May > 306- 433 (127 mention)
    June > 434- 531 (97 mentions)
    July > 532-604 (72) > Only 40 more till I surpass last years total! :D
    Aug > 605- 668 (63) Surpassed last year!
    Sept > 669-721 (52) - a low month when I'm concentrating on costuming.
    Oct > 722-794 (72) - interesting to see the same number twice.
    Nov > 795-876 (81)
    Dec >877-
  • Do one live gallery showing (at least)
  • Make Business "cards"
  • Work on adoptable images [Done]
  • Re-Visit: The Trill from 2016 (I have an un-joined series in my head of about 3+ images) [Done]
  • Detailed Dungeon wall - bg for a lot of Diablo stuff [Done]
  • Rouge Diablo 1 [Done]
  • Andareil from Diablo 2 [Done]
  • Demon Hunter Diablo 3 [Done]
  • Witch doctor D3 [Done]
  • Sorceress Diablo 2 [Done]
  • Blood Raven D2[Done]
  • The countess D2 Aradia Transformed Diablo 3
  • Sonya from Diablo 3[Done]
  • Maiden of Lust Diablo 3[Done]
  • Amazon Diablo 2 [Done]
  • Wizard Diablo 3 Li Ming[Done]
  • Monk Diablo 3 [Done]
  • Necromancer Diablo 3 [Done]
  • Peebee from Mass Effect [Done]
  • Ares
  • Taurus
  • Gemini
  • Cancer
  • Leo
  • Virgo
  • Libra
  • Scorpio
  • Sagittarius
  • Capricorn
  • Aquarius
  • Pisces

Last edited by Nephila; 12-01-2017 at 07:11 AM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-01-2017, 10:19 AM

January Highlights

Jan. 1st

Started the Mene year with a bang and bought out the legs 11 shop. :D Next store the costume department.

Jan. 2nd

Spent the night with good friends and had an amazing feast followed by games.

Jan. 16th

I changed my name on deviant art to match my account here and a few other sites.

January Avatars

January Art List

Jan. 4 Trill Symbiot [Done]
Jan. 7 WIP >.< [Done]
Jan. 11 The Unjoined [Done]
Jan. 14 The Unjoined Vr2 [Done]
Jan. 18 D3 wall XD [Done]
Jan. 21 Sketches [Done]
Jan. 25 The Butcher [Done]
Jan. 28 Rouge WIP [Done]

Last edited by Nephila; 09-04-2017 at 11:11 AM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-01-2017, 10:20 AM

February Highlights

To busy for anything fun this month. T.T

February Avatars

February Art List
Feb. 1 Rogue details + other versions[Done]
Feb. 4 Fresh Meat (final)[Done]
Feb. 8 Rogue details 2 [Done]
Feb. 11 Albino [Done]
Feb. 15 Albino vr2 [Done]
Feb. 18 Space scene [Done]
Feb. 22 Chiss Assassin [Done]
Feb. 25 Chiss Assassin 2 [Done]

Last edited by Nephila; 09-01-2017 at 01:31 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-01-2017, 10:21 AM

March Highlights

March 24th

Went a little crazy and completely rearranged mine and my daughters room. It needed to be done.

March 29th

Saw beauty and the beast with the Fam.

March Art List

Mar. 1: Adventures With baby Xan [Done]
Mar. 4: Snake Girl tease [Done]
Mar. 8: My Snake Girl (Not Adoptable) [Done]
Mar. 11: Snake girl Adopts [Done]
Mar. 15: Andariel Red [Done]
Mar. 18: Andariel Green [Done]
Mar. 22: Andariel [Done]
Mar. 25: PeeBee [Done]
Mar. 29: Priestess Sketch [Done]

Last edited by Nephila; 09-01-2017 at 01:37 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-01-2017, 10:22 AM

April Highlights

April 1st

A friends kiddo's Birthday party. It was a great day. :D Hung out ate cake, can't ask for anything more.

April 12th

Had a really good date night with Chris. Had Sushi and watched Rouge One.

April Art List

Apr. 1: The Biting Pear [Done]
Apr. 5: Sketches for spring [Done]
Apr. 8: Priestess Ink [Done]
Apr. 12: BG [Done]
Apr. 15: Priestess [Done]
Apr. 19: Cassia D2 [Done]
Apr. 22: Cassia D2 [Done]
Apr. 26: Cassia D2 [Done]
Apr. 29: Cassia D2 [Done]

Last edited by Nephila; 09-01-2017 at 01:41 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-01-2017, 10:22 AM

May Highlights

May Long Weekend!

I had a great time at our local convention Keycon.

May Art list

May 3: Trill - [Done]
May 6: [Done]
May 10: [Done]
May 13: [Done]
May 17: Ventress [Done]
May 20: Ventress [Done]
May 23: Blood Raven [Done]
May 27: Blood Raven [Done]
May 31: Sketch stuffs. [Done]

Last edited by Nephila; 09-01-2017 at 01:45 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-01-2017, 10:23 AM

June Highlights

June 26th

Chris lost his job. :( While not a highlight, it is notable. And sad. :(

June Art List

June 3: Sorceress [Done]
June 7: Sorceress [Done]
June 10: SymetraWIP [Done]
June 14: Symetra[ B][Done][/B]
June17: Symetra [Done]
June21: Wizard WIP [Done]
June24: Wizard [Done]
June28: Wizard [Done]

Last edited by Nephila; 09-01-2017 at 09:09 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-01-2017, 10:23 AM

July Highlights

July 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, and 30th

Every Sunday this month we made it a point to sit and eat as a family. I make dishes we don't normally eat and have garden veggie salads. This year has be fabulous for it. As it hasn't rained once on a Sunday. It's really been very lucky. Other than that we haven't done much this summer due to Chris's unemployment.

July Art List

July 5: Necro [Done]
July 8: Necro [Done]
July 12: Monk [Done]
July 15: Monk [Done]
July 19: Barbarian [Done]
July 22: Barbarian[Done]
July 26: Crusader[Done]
July 29: Crusader[Done]

Last edited by Nephila; 09-01-2017 at 09:39 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-01-2017, 10:25 AM

August Highlights

Aug. 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th

We continued our family BBQ's. Dad was even in town for one! Yay!

Aug. 23rd

Went to a meeting for Gopher the Cure.

Aug. 25th

Spent some time with a friends at a bbq. It was a good night. The birthday boy was super surprised.

Aug. 28th

Photobucket kicked the bucket. All of my avatars have been removed from previous month except a very small few. Forcing me, and others to embark on a bit of thread cleaning all through out Menewsha. I also spent a bit of time with a friend.

Aug. 30th

Went to "Wild Wednesdays" At the Zoo. It's less expensive family outing. There is a Dinosaur exhibit there right now. And the polar and seals were awesomely cute.

August Art List

August 2: Crusader [Done]
August 5: Demon Hunter [Done]
August 9: DemonHunter [Done]
August 12: Jungle at night [Done]
August 16: Witch Doctor[Done]
August 19: Witch Doctor[Done]
August 23: Mene Things[Done]
August 26: Assassin Ink[Done]
August 30: Assassin[Done]

Last edited by Nephila; 09-01-2017 at 09:41 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-01-2017, 10:26 AM

September Highlights

Sept. 1st

I got a cute gift art from Hummy made by R U B Y during the last event.

Sept. 11th

Chris has an interview for an excellent position today. I hope it goes well.

Sept. 18th

Chris is going for training! It's looking good. If he completes the training he should have a position soon. I'm dying some material today for my steam punk costume. I might be going later to find some lace for the collar.

September Art List

September 2: Assassin[Done]
September 6: Maiden of Lust Diablo 3[Done]
September 9: Maiden of Lust Diablo 3[Done]
September 13: Maiden of Lust Diablo 3[Done]
September 16: Steam Punk Maleficent Costume idea for 2017 [Done]
September 20: Steam Punk Maleficent Costume idea for 2017 coloured [Done]
September 23: Making of Maleficent Horns [Done]
September 27: Making of Maleficent Choker [Done]
September 30: Mene Things/Making of Maleficent Gantlets,[Done]

Last edited by Nephila; 10-01-2017 at 12:41 AM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-01-2017, 10:27 AM

October Highlights

October 21

I won best costume at a social event. One of the prizes was tickets to comic con.

October 29th

Went to comic con...had a melt down. It was "great" x(

October avatars

October Art List

This month I did the inktober challenge. It was A LOT. I enjoyed it though. Now I have to decide if I want to finish any of them or if I want to move on.

Last edited by Nephila; 11-01-2017 at 07:08 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-01-2017, 10:27 AM

November Highlights

November Avatars

November Art List

Nov. 1 : Mene pixels (2016)
Nov. 4 :
Nov. 8 :
Nov. 11:
Nov. 15:
Nov. 18:
Nov. 22:
Nov. 25:
Nov. 29:

Last edited by Nephila; 11-01-2017 at 07:15 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-01-2017, 10:28 AM

December Highlights

Last edited by Nephila; 09-01-2017 at 01:28 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-02-2017, 09:57 PM

January 1st:

I'm cooking up a storm today! Making scalloped potatoes, Deviled Eggs, rumballs and packing up the last of the butter tarts. It's going to be a good night. Even if two of us have to work in the morning and one is sick. >.<

Ooo Made a new avatar on the first as well. I'm looking forward to this being another awesome year on menewsha. :) I feel like I'm living a dream now that I'm in so deep helping with creating mene pixels. Ever since I first started posting here I've looked up to the pixelists. I never thought I'd be one of them. It's an odd feeling seeing people wearing something you've had a hand in making. I can get used to this. :D

Last edited by Nephila; 01-02-2017 at 10:01 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-03-2017, 09:06 PM

January 2nd:

I had a great night with friends. A lot of eating a bit of drinking and a lot of laughs. Walter (a 9month yr old) stole the show when he randomly cooed at "Icy handjob from an Edmonton Hooker" Hysterical!
We were only able to stay till aroun 10 since Chris had work in the morning but still had a great time while we were there.

Oo so Netflix schedule this month is looking interesting. :D Some things I'm looking forward to:

Shadow Hunters Jan3
Jupiter Ascending Jan 5
Series of Unfortunate Events Jan 13
Voltron Legendary defender Jan 20

Everything else I've either seen or I'm not that interested in.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-04-2017, 12:38 PM

January 3rd:

Time to set up a few things I want to get done art wise this year. It's Diablo's 20th Anniversary nd I grew up with that crazy game. So There's going to be a bunch of Fanart I want to do for it I also want to continue with my star trek and other fan art ideas and do an Original Zodiac series. I'm just going to start naming names and then schedule them through out the year.

I think I want to start the Zodiac thing for March/April when Ares the first sign is (which just happens to be my sign as well) This will span into 2018 as well so I kinda like that aspect of it. They'll need a lot of research as well if I want them to be more than just typical pinups.

I also want to revisit a few old images. I enjoy going back to older images and applying what I've learned to them.

In no particular order:

Re-Visit: The Trill from 2016 (I have an unjoined series in my head of about 3+ images)
Detailed Dungeon wall - bg for a lot of Diablo stuff
Demon Hunter Diablo 3
Witch doctor D3
Andareil from Diablo 2
Sonya from Diablo 3
Rouge Diablo 1
Maiden of Lust Diablo 3
Amazon Diablo 2
Wizard Diablo 3
Monk Diablo 3
Sorceress Diablo 2
Aradia Transformed Diablo 3
Necromancer Diablo 3
Leia D3
Leia Transformed D3
Ares
Taurus
Gemini
Cancer
Leo
Virgo
Libra
Scorpio
Sagittarius
Capricorn
Aquarius
Pisces

SO ya a lot of things in my head. Just got to get on them. :D

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-07-2017, 06:51 PM

January 4th:

Chris came over and went did a bit of shopping. I spent my Christmas money on some cute new under wear. They're nice teal and silky. :D

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-08-2017, 02:25 PM

January 5th-8th:

Chris was still over...distracting as hell. >:( We went to a rock and mineral show in the malls and spent half a day their. We've also been pretty deep into the Diablo 20th Anniversary event.

Lately I've been watching Shane Dawson and Trisha Paytus on youtube. Well have them on in the bg. I dunno how I feel about it. I should catch up on all the new netflix things. Anything in the bg is fine for me.

I just watch Jupiter Assending. It was unfortunately what everyone had been saying. It's hard to do sci-fi with political intrigue and action in one movie. Everything looked beautiful and the amount of unique alien designs were pretty impressive.

Made a new avatar to during this time as well.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-09-2017, 02:12 PM

January 9th:

Trying to do the D3 event, but this one monster won't spawn for us. VERY frustrating. Same with the Cultist Pages. I think there is still like a week or sso left but there has been nothing official about when till when is goes. O.o

I made some cheese biscuits today. I kinda want to eat them now, but I already had breakfast/lunch. -Hash brown and poached egg. Maybe for dinner with a nice salad. :D I'm craving salmon to for some reason. Hmm yes Salmon, salad and biscuits. yum!

I was playing with the ice skins last night and made it work with a underwater avatar. XD

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-14-2017, 12:35 PM

January 10th-13th:

Chris invaded mah space again this week. <3 It's kinda strange that he has Thursday and Fridays off now. We tore up my closet and I went through all my clothes. I got 2 bags worth of donations and one full box of shoes alone...I had no clue I had half of those shoes. It was kinda ridiculous. It feels good to be rid of a lot of those things. Next up for getting rid of of stuff is my over head storage shelf. I know I put things I don't have room for/ can't make look nice on my regular shelves. It kinda scares me what might be up there.

We did a bunch of domestics while he was here, including making a huge crock pot of beef stew. Should last him for his lunches for about week. :) And it made a really yummy dinner (for 7 people then 5 other portions packed away for lunches) I also did a home made pizza on Thursday. And again homemade chili with lots of veggies. It was a pretty awesome week for food.

Update to the D3 issues....We got em' all now. So we started into Season 9 achievements. So far we're at around level 60 act 2 and almost ready to increase difficulty to expert. :) Making a hardcore character is very tempting at this point in the game. It's one of the few areas we haven't done anything in.

In mene news I played with my avatar again. I also bought out the first page of my current quest store taking me from 531 to 542 out of 736. So just under 200 more commons from that shop! :D

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-16-2017, 05:28 PM

January 14th:

My nephew is a disgusting little monster. >:( He'd been spiting on the both room floor and in the bathtub. There was spit all lined up on the side of the tub like some kind of strange OCD spit tribute. I asked my sister what shew was going to do about it and she said she already told him to stop it... but she did't bother telling him to clean it OR clean it herself.

Like if you knew there was spit everywhere in the bathroom WHY for the love of sanity would you leave it there. NASTY. The she acts like I'm being a bitch for saying well ONE of them should go clean it. So beyond frustrated with this situation. >:(

I wish I could say this way the first time he's done something like this but nope.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-16-2017, 05:56 PM

January 15-16th:

I'm going to be changing my Deviant Art account to have a similar name to this account. I've been thinking about it for a long time and I think I'm ready now.

I was originally going to wait and do it during one of my regular Wednesday updates...but then I thought. WHY! What am I waiting for I need to jump more and think less when it comes to this. Being known under one name is going to be good in the long run even if it's rough at first.

Yesterday Chris came over and we went to a grand opening of a hippie shop. (Crystals, incenses, and witchy alter thangs) They had this spin to win on purchases. Both him and Lilith won Mini salinite towers. They're lovely and make a great pair. There was so much on that winning thing it was funny when they both got the same thing. I didn't buy anything that day. I just enjoyed looking around the place.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-18-2017, 02:38 AM

January 17th:

Much work on things. In the end I wonder if efforts in paying any this much attention to background elements really matter in a pin up images. But I guess as far as my own personal growth goes they do matter and that's enough for me to carry on with them.

We a sweet new version of the castle. I love it!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-18-2017, 07:40 PM

January 18th:

Speaking of castles (sort of if you look at yesterdays post)

This bg I'm working on is getting there but needs a lot more work for the full picture than I thought it would. So I'm going to chop it in half and post a WIP progress post tonight and compile a few sketches for Saturday's post. I hope I'm not going to end up posting WIP's to often this year. I want to do more complex images, so it just might end up that way.

Next year however, I'll be including pixels from this year so it'll give me a chance to work on that years pixels in that time frame and not cut into my other projects time. :D SMART! XD I mean I could post items from FoWN now that they're out but saving them just makes more sense to me.

Changed my avatar again. Lately I'm feeling real fishy for some reason. XD