Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-15-2016, 03:51 PM

Shail couldn't stay back, and since Gemini didn't ask him to, he followed a step behind her. The antsy feeling had yet to stop and only increased as they neared the cave entrance. Presently, another sound rung out, this time an indistinguishable male bark. Shail froze, thinking he recognized the voice. But maybe he was just acting paranoid after all that happened. Why would any of the villagers return here? Weren't they afraid? Outside, a group of at least twenty of the villagers amassed around the dunes just past the caves. They carried torches of fire that wavered in the early morning light along with every kind of weapon, make shift and not. Faces burned with furry, they all stood behind the man who enflamed them in the first place who armed himself with an unsheathed sword and a book in his other arm, the cover obscured by a thick black piece of cloth. As soon as the rest of the villagers finished the trek to the dune's shelter, they would make their move. It was time to live in the shadow of a djinn no longer.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 07-17-2016, 06:15 AM

Gemini sensed Shail following behind her, and though she wanted him to stay back, she knew she had no right to tell him what to do. Reaching the mouth of the cave, she hid behind a rock and peered around. She could feel Shail's anxiety, but over that she could feel the negative emotions of many people. A whole village of people. She saw them right after the feeling hit: the whole village, armed to the teeth, marching towards her caves. They seemed to be led mostly by one man, and the emotions coming from him were the strongest of all. Gemini sighed. "The storm last night. I think they blame me. They are coming to attack." She whispered to Shail. "I do not know how they expect to harm me, but I would rather not harm them." She could become the wind and they wouldn't ever find her, but that left Shail open to attack. Were they after him as well? "Go to the back of the cave. There is a tunnel system that links all of my caves. Follow the tunnels until you cannot hear the commotion, and stay hidden. I will come for you when this is finished." She wasn't going to harm the villagers. No, her only chance was to frighten them, to remind them why they dared not cross her before.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-26-2016, 08:22 PM

"Gemini...I'm not going to run away." Shail stopped still a good yard or two behind Gemini, not wanting to get closer to whatever went on outside. It was becoming painfully obvious just what marched toward them though. A quick glance gave him a visual to match the voices he heard. The villagers, almost all of them from what he could tell. "No good," he murmured under his breath before Aali stepped forward. Shail found it funny, but it didn't appear the village head was a part of the mob. At Aali's movement though, the villagers moved in action, most of it obscured by the uneven terrain. It was subtle, so he didn't think to inspect it greatly, not when words spilled out toward them.

"Death to the djinn! Death to the unholy union!" he cried. The villagers took up the cry behind him.

"Death! Death to them both!"

Shail stepped back another step, his head spinning from the words. He forced himself to drag in a breath, feeling himself struggle as he panicked. He didn't need to give himself an attack now. Any time but now! "Why do they blame us?" he managed to choke out.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 07-28-2016, 02:41 AM

Gemini's features hardened as the cry went up for their deaths. "You should know, Shail." She said grimly. "I am a djinn, and they do not understand the nature of my powers. Humans fear what they do not understand. If ever something unfortunate happens, it is easiest for them to believe it was my doing. And because you were with me, they are eager to blame you as well." She turned to him. "I refuse to allow you to come to harm. It is my fault that they blame you. I have caused you enough trouble already. I want you to run, Shail. Run and stay safe. Please..." The last word came out a near whisper, her strong façade cracking for just a moment to reveal her fear for him- and her true feelings.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-30-2016, 01:19 AM

Shail felt his own facade breaking. Emotions washed over his face, answering the ones he saw on Gemini's. A second later, he nodded his head. Words wouldn't come out, so that simple gesture would have to do. It was funny, but he forgot Gemini was a djinn. He had no place wanting to protect her or stay by her side in a fight. Him, a mere human? So he just nodded his head and turned away, knowing that even without words, he'd portrayed his heart. For Gemini, he would stay safe. "...Good bye..." His last faint whisper before he ran for the back tunnels out of the cave just as a strange dense wind swept over the surrounding area, following by a low and distant chanting.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-01-2016, 04:13 AM

Gemini held back tears as she watched him go. For that brief moment, seeing his answering feelings reflected back at her, even she forgot the impossibility of the situation. A human and a djinn had no business feeling in such a way towards each other. But for a second, that didn't matter. Then he was gone, running for safety as she had instructed. Steeling herself, she turned to face the coming danger. Though she could- and would- fight them all, there was always a possibility of being injured. With so many against one, a single misstep on her part could end in catastrophe. She kept this in mind as the chanting grew louder, and she stepped out of the cave to meet the villagers head on. Shedding her true form, she became the beast they believed her to be, deciding to give them a real show.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-03-2016, 03:37 PM

As the beastly form of the djinn stepped out of the cave, a ripple of fear went through the villagers, but the chanting did not stop. It was unclear where it came from, but the heavy wind seemed tied to the highs and lows of the chant. Seeing this, the villagers steeled their ranks and in a mass, stepped forward to meet the djinn. "We are sick of living in your shadow!" an older man called. "Why don't you come and meet us like the dog you are. This land now belongs to humans!"

Someone else laughed. "Where's your human lover? We also want to punish him!"

The air grew thicker as if twice as much existed in the sky and made it weigh down. It affected the villagers too, but they just raised their weapons higher. "Aye! Kill them both!"

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-06-2016, 04:12 AM

Gemini found her fury when the villagers made their intentions clear. Sure, she'd known already, but hearing it confirmed that they wanted to harm Shail simply enraged her. She let out a primal roar and stepped forward. "Do your worst, mortals! I will remind you why your ancestors feared me!" She bellowed in a deep, distorted voice. "I have been lenient with you long enough! You will regret challenging a djinn! Come!!" She pounded the ground, sending a rumble through it. "Back up your pretty words with actions! The sacrifice of your sickly boy has made me stronger. Can any of you stand against my might?" If they thought she had killed Shail rather than bedded him, hopefully they would care less about finding him. To keep him safe, she had to be the monster they thought she was.

((Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, Wolfie is rather tired. She'll fix it later if you want.))

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-29-2016, 05:58 AM

((Kat Dakuu: hello...?))

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-12-2016, 09:17 PM

A stir of fear and hesitation went through the villagers though others only seemed enraged by Gemini's words. It was one of those who lifted their sword high to gather everyone's attention, a soldier by the looks of him. "Don't let her fool you! Master Ali has already told you what she did with the boy and it wasn't a sacrifice!" he snapped. "Ali will give us the victory!" It strengthened them some. However, as they moved to the surround the cave, it became obvious that Ali himself wasn't among those cutting off the exits. The energy carried in the air grew stronger, though still not something a mortal could feel, at least, not the average one.

Ali sat cross legged in his hut with the silence of the empty village surrounding him. A pure gold ring graced his finger that he held against his forehead where his third eye would be. Energy coursed through the air, thick, like lightning. With his physical eyes closed, imaged poured in through the third eye most people had no idea how to open. Colors, visions so strong they could knock a person back, but he gazed right through them to the scene unfolding just outside of the village. The fools had surrounded the cave entrance just like he instructed. They were luring the djinn out now and not much farther than that, a boy stumbled out of a back tunnel just like he expected as well. It was all coming together so perfectly it maddened him.

Ali's voice rose in volume, sending the invocation into a frenzy of ancient and powerful words. He felt the ring grow warm against his skin with the energy that gathered in it. Just a little more. She probably figured out by now what he planned, but it was too late to stop no matter how hard she fought it. He already felt the energy begin to bind the djinn to his ring vessel. If all worked out well, he wouldn't just gain power over the town. He would master a djinn.

Just as he felt magic spell gather, a voice interrupted him, pausing the magic's process. "Ali! What have you done?!"

The village head stood in the doorway, dark eyes filled with a livid energy. So he finally showed his face. Ali grinned, letting his eyes open as he broke the meditation. "Nothing that you can stop. Your days as leader have been cut short I'm afraid. It's only a matter of time before I bind the djinn to me!"

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 09-24-2016, 07:12 AM

Gemini registered the energy and what it meant just moments before the villagers surrounded her. Further enraged by the gall of a single human daring to try and master her, she decided to make this quick. Pounding the ground again, Gemini whipped up a furious sandstorm, the likes of which could flay the skin off any unprepared human. "Perish! Despair in your foolishness!" She roared, her fury shaking the ground they stood on. Then, she increased her size and attacked the humans. She wouldn't kill them- at least not all of them- but she would certainly make them sorry they had ever thought of defying her. "Ali, is it? Do you see what you are trying to harness?! Come and face me yourself, coward! You will not tame me!" She knew he was watching, knew he would hear her. As soon as she dispatched these villagers, she would bring her wrath down on this Ali. It was high time she showed all of them her true power. Thunder crashed and lightening flickered, lighting up the scene in terrifying detail. The villagers did not last long.

((Wolfie can delete that last sentence if you have something else planned))

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-19-2016, 10:43 PM

((oh feel free to react to all of this however you'd like. I'm sorry I'm writing a novel all by myself here but I'm confident I can find a way to work out my plans no matter what Gemini does. I'll let you know otherwise though. But I think Shail will end up with the ring that Ali is trying to bind her to.))

The head of the village had broke Ali's concentration. Not enough to break the spell he'd been weaving, but enough to pause it, neither growing weaker or stronger, though still already part way through the binding. Even half bound, it should have some affect on the djinn. He taunting words only made him grin. A lesser man might lose his meditation and the calmness of the third eye, but Ali didn't flinch. She wouldn't make him change the pace of his plans to rush and mess them up. Standing, he focused his attention on the older man facing him.

"I won't let you do this. Our village had been in peace until you destroyed it!" the man growled.

Ali threw back his head and laughed. "Peace? You have been standing on the precipice of a knife for a millennia and never noticed! But I could care less about that. Peace was never a thing I aimed to keep." With that, he clutched at something under his robes and lunched at the village head who already started to advance forward with his walking staff held at the ready, thinking he was making the first move. However, it was over almost before it began. They grappled, tumbling toward the tent's entrance before something slid between the older man's ribs. He stumbled back, looking at his torso in shock.

A blade handle made of bone stuck out, the blade itself so thin no one would even notice it in the palm of his hand. And yet it struck straight through to its hold. The village leader's knee hit the ground. "...Why?"

Ali turned away and retook his cross-legged position on the floor. He closed his eyes before answering the dying man's words as an after-thought. "Because I know how to dream."

Now that this mess was over, he refocused his attention on the scene by the caves. With a show of lightning, the djinn destroyed all the villagers except the few with high intuition who moved away from the first strike. It wouldn't be long for them though. On the far side, he spotted things much as he planned as well. A tunnel ran in from the back--a piece of information he owed to his son--and there there he saw a crowd of boys numbering five, including Fairuz. They approached the back entrance just as another figure emerged from it. So he would get this prize as well. Leaving that to his son and friends, he returned to weaving his spell against the djinn, each word slow and careful and strong.

Shail didn't know how long it took him to get through the tunnels, but it seemed the sky had turned black in that time. He stumbled, knowing he'd pushed his lungs halfway to their limit already. Lightning forked in the sky and he stopped, able to see little of what went on beyond the cave system. Screams sounded, so quickly cut off though. Was this also Gemini's doing? Just as he was turning to go, he heard another noise. Arms grabbed him from behind.

"Got him!"

The familiar voice had Shail twisting. "Fairuz?! What are you doing?" He coughed again and hated himself for showing weakness to the other boy. The others came up, helping to capture Shail and bind his hands with a coarse rope, the knots sloppy but the rope itself strong. He was too shocked to try to stop any of it. "Let me go!"

"No can do," Fairuz grinned as he started to drag Shail with him, back toward the village along a longer, but at this point, much safer path. They couldn't tell what was happening at the cave entrance, but neither could they easily be seen. "My father is going to save us all from the djinn so you should be happy. Either way, I'm taking you to him. Now walk faster!" Fairuz kicked Shail's leg, spurning them down toward the village and away from Gemini's destruction against the villagers.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-20-2016, 08:20 AM

((Hey, no problem! Wolfie is interested in where this is going, so she'll go along for the ride.))

Gemini was acutely aware of the moment when the spell resumed working on her. She didn't have much time. Dispatching of the final villagers quickly, she shifted forms again, this time becoming a hawk, and flew at top speed towards the village. She realized as she moved that she could no longer sense Shail's presence, and hoped that meant that he had made it to safety. She didn't want to think about what else it could mean. No, she would deal with that after she took care of this spell-weaver. How insolent of that human, to presume he could control her! The very thought enraged her. She arrived in the village mere minutes after departing from the caves, and instantly set about finding the man. It wasn't hard- she was being bound to him even as she searched, and could feel that he was close. She only had to follow the bond he was making, and kill him before he could finish it.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-19-2016, 09:21 PM

This djinn was more stubborn than Ali thought. He did not waver, just perhaps marveled at this curiosity. He certainly did not consider that he might fail. Even as she reached the village, he kept his focus on his third eye, switching between the quick progress of his son with Shail and Gemini's progress toward him. When she came, he would be ready. Already, his fingers flexed with the last symbols for the binding spell. He wondered if she knew just how close he was? But of course she would fight. There...to the right! "Djinn." His eyes flashed open in an instant, gaze right on Gemini as she reached him. "You're too late!"

With that, he made a wild gesture with his hand and shouted the last lines of his spell. If he didn't succeed now, then he was dead. And yet, never once did the smile on his face falter. Soon, she would realize he had her lover. Already, he felt his son step foot in the village. In a few more minutes, he'd have his bargaining chip and then he would have the djinn. After that, the world. All he needed was a little blood.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-20-2016, 04:42 AM

Gemini landed at the threshold of the man who dared try to tame her, and transformed again to her human state. Hiding her gender didn't matter anymore, not with this man who probably already knew she was female. She stepped forward as he made a hand motion, telling her it was too late. She felt his influence closing around her...no! It was not too late! Even if he managed to bind her, she knew she was still too powerful for him. She would fight him, drain him of life! She summoned fire and hurled it at him, hoping to stop him before the spell was complete. "You have not the power to restrain me, mortal! You will die in this attempt, or else soon after!"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-18-2017, 01:46 AM

The fire wrapped around Ali like a cape or a consuming energy. He took it without a flinch. His own spiritual energy protected him to some degree, but he also felt his pre-woven spell of protection beginning to wear fast. Instead of strengthening it though, he focused on his own spell. Blood, yes, he needed blood to complete a bonding. Blood to ring, spell to djinn, and all woven together like only a true visionary knew. And a visionary he definitely was.

Ah. Their final guests were here.

"Father?" the young voice called just as the flaps of the tent were pushed back. Fairuz stumbled, a little taken aback by the body of the village leader at the entrance, a ritual knife between his ribs. Did his father...? But it was the fire that drew the eye the most. The man stood with his arms outstretched, a column of flames with a smoldering dark cloak. And honestly, the boy didn't know what to do. His grip loosened though and Shail pulled away, the other boys none too happy to retreat.

Just as the fire seemed at its hottest, Ali forced it back even as the action broke his spell. Burns coursed down his arms, turning the cloak into ribbons and ash, but still, that confident look remained. "Fairuz, kill the boy!" he commanded. In the same motion, he slashed his knife across his palm. Blood welled up and satisfied, Ali tossed the knife to his son who caught it. However, he hesitated.

Shail didn't though. He surged toward Ali with a single cry. "Gemini!"

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 01-19-2017, 04:23 AM

Though she was taken aback by the arrival of the youth, who was holding Shail- Shail! Alive but being held captive but still alive thank stars- Gemini still didn't let up on her fire attack. Not until Shail broke free and ran for the seer. At that point, she pulled back her flames to allow Shail to pass through, then used one hand to surround the other boy in flames as well, ensuring that any escape attempt would end in death. "Shail! He wishes to enslave me- be careful!" As she spoke, she summoned a knife of pure energy and tossed it to Shail. Her magic was wearing thin, and she knew the old man could finish his binding at any moment, but all she could do now was hope.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-20-2017, 09:07 PM

((I wrote a lot again... X.X))

Shail didn’t think about how he would defeat Ali, not before he started to charge. Only when the heat of the fire hit his skin did he consider the stupidity of his actions. And yet he refused to back down and the flames parted for him, moved by Gemini's will. Good, so she was still able to fight. It was silly how he should put his own life on the line like this—him, the one who was always so stubborn, but he could only thank the stars that she could still fight at his back. "Got it!" he yelled back, only just managing to catch the magical knife. It's weight felt unfamiliar in his hands. Despite being a thing of energy, it still felt solid and he used that to strengthen his resolve.

"I won't let you take her!” Shail pushed forward even as Ali’s eyes snapped to him. The man still wanted to finish his spell, so a pest like this kid needed to be dealt with quickly.

“Fairuz!” The boy startled, eyes snapping to his father’s as out from out of a dream. “Stop him! Take the knife I used or he’ll kill me. The djinn has made him mad!” Which knife became apparent as Ali’s eyes darted to their old leader, the bone handle still sticking up from his bloody chest. “You know this is the only way! For all of us!”

Fairuz’s gaze hardened and he surged toward the dead body before Shail could alter his course and stop the other boy. Seconds later, they stood opposite each other, each with a knife griped in their hands. Shail glanced between Ali and Fairuz. He once considered the boy his friend and to fight now made his insides twist a little too much. As Fairuz got between Shail and his father though, Ali’s chanting resuming, Shail realized he had no choice. “Why are you doing this?” he managed. “I thought I was the stubborn one!”

A half laugh bubbled out from Fairuz as he lunged forward, trying to cut into Shail’s side. The move was awkward, too bold and hesitant at the same time. Shail side-stepped and knocked the other boy back with his free arm. However, Fairuz’s expression only gained more confidence as he glanced back at his father. “Isn’t it you who doesn’t know anything? That djinn is the cause of all our problems. If…if my father succeeds, then he can banish that thing forever!”

Shail’s heart clenched again. Banish? Why would he want that when he finally felt willing to accept that he liked Gemini more than he ever dreamed, or ever thought a guy like him might receive. No one could take that away from him even if he was pathetic. Letting out a cry, Shail stabbed his knife straight for the other boy. “She’s not the one that needs to be banished here!” He nicked Fairuz’ ribs, drawing blood, but already he felt the drag on his own body pulling him down. The crackle of Ali’s growing magic in the air increased as they fought. For half a minute, they looked evenly matched, but almost as quick as the fight escalated, the tables turned.

Shail stumbled with his own body weight and Fairuz dived into the opening. Two knife parries and Shail’s footing finally lost. His lungs burned, unable to keep up with this kind of movement. He felt the back of Fairuz’ hand across his chest a second later. The force knocked him to the ground where he sprawled. Fairuz kicked the knife away and Shail’s eyes went wide as it got lost behind the other boy’s legs, out of reach, gone. He just lost? No! But even grasping at Fairuz’ ankles did no good. Gone. Completely gone.

“Done! It’s done, father! So now what?” Fairuz gasped.

Ali’s eyes snapped back to them. The man’s face looked haggard, like the spell took more than time from him. Gemini’s fires still licked around the floor and seemed to have done a number as well. “Done?!" he growled. "It isn’t done at all! Hurry up and stick that knife into his heart!” The last few words of the spell sounded as Fairuz’ grip went lax.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 03-20-2017, 10:48 PM

It took everything Gemini had to keep up her attack on the old man, especially when all she wanted was to protect Shail. But she had to believe in him and hope for the best. If she allowed herself to be captured now, it would spell the end for all of them. She kept this in mind as she pushed harder with her flames, trying to drain the man as much as possible. Her fire flickered out, however, when Shail went down. She gasped, diving towards him and shielding him with her own body. "I will not allow you to harm him!" She hissed at the boy. He looked stunned at his father's proclamation, and Gemini decided to use this to her advantage. "Are you a murderer, boy? Will you really strike down someone who was once your friend? Take a look around. Your father has no qualms killing anyone who gets in his way. And once he has me ensnared, he will use my power to kill even more! Do you really believe he'll banish me? Think about it. He has gone this far just to capture me, he has sacrificed the village you claim to be trying to protect, he has killed your village elder in cold blood, and now he expects you to kill someone who can barely fight back. He will probably kill you as well, once you are no longer of use to him. Think for yourself, human boy. What do you really want to do?" She challenged, still hovering over Shail just in case. Even if she was enslaved, she would ensure that her last free act would be to protect him.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-27-2017, 02:33 PM

For the first time, Fairuz truly hesitated. His father’s words had hit him like cold ice. Before he could move, the djinn shielded Shail so that he wasn’t sure he could complete his task even if he wanted to. And did he? Turning, he tried to understand this sudden turn of events and the truth he accepted all the way up until now. “W-what?” His eyes locked onto Ali’s, wide, and full of surprise. “But…he’s just under a spell right?” Why else would Shail love the djinn?

“Don’t be an idiot,” Ali snapped. “He’s the enemy!”

Fairuz’s stance steadied as his expressed steeled. Even his grip on the knife tightened. However, the brunt of his gaze hit his father instead of Shail and his djinn lover. “You said you would free us! Help!” he exclaimed, eyes still burning deep into his father’s. That man just dashed all his hopes away though.

“You stupid fool!” Ali threw back his head with a laugh. “You actually believed that lie I told the town? I have no interest in destroying this djinn. I will make her mine! And with that power, nothing can stand in my way, not even Allah!”

Shail clenched his fists against the dirt ground, but even with all his might, he couldn’t push himself to his feet. Air, it didn’t want to cooperate with him. Why now? With blurry eyes, the image in front of him wavered. After a second though, he realized Gemini hovered in front of him, protecting even now. Stretching out his arm, he managed to clench a hand around her ankle, but he couldn’t protect her like this. “…H-help…” he managed before lowering his gaze, unable to accept this defeat. As sure as could be, Ali just proved both Gemini and Fairuz’s fears true. He intended to kill the all, everyone.

“Because of that…I should kill…my friends?” Fairuz managed, still struggling over the word ‘friend’. Shail had never exactly been that to him and yet, he was never a stranger either and the words Gemini said broke his resolve. Frowning, he chose to please instead. “And what if I don’t want to?”

“Then you are not my son!” Ali rose up, his entire face twisted with rage. His hand swung, connecting with his son’s face this time instead of the enemy. Nothing like familial love shone there though as he knocked the boy to the ground. Fairuz’ cheek burned from the slap as he clenched his fist against the cool dirt. This, how could his father make such a plan? Didn’t he say he would save the town from Gemini? Instead, he just lied like a fool. “I thought you were a hero. But instead-!” Fairuz forced back the burn of tears. If he didn’t kill his friend, he would no longer be his father’s son. Glancing over, he saw Shail still down which meant…He grit his teeth. With a grasp, his fingers felt the handle of the magic knife which now lay at his feet. This, was all up to him now. Clenching it tightly, his pulled himself to his feet again.

Then die!” With that, he thrust the blade into his father’s side. It sunk deep and the man gasped, stumbling back. With that, he fell, gasping as his hands fell limp at his side, the ring now smudged with dirt. The smell may have finished, but now, the master of it lay dead.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 04-28-2017, 01:13 AM

Gemini watched tensely as father and son dueled with words, aware that her own free will was slipping away with each passing second. Couldn't the boy see the truth? She wanted to shout and rant, but her strength was waning. She felt something grip her ankle and looked down to see Shail, weak and barely breathing. Instantly she crouched, bringing his head up into her lap. "Shail! Relax now, my heart. I won't let anyone hurt you. Please, breathe..." Her own voice was barely a whisper as she begged him to live. If only she had her own powers under control, she could help him! She heard a commotion and her head snapped up, watching in amazement as the old man fell, dead by the hand of his own son. There was a long moment of silence before she felt her powers flow back into her, making her gasp. She connected with air and made it flow calmly around Shail, gently guiding breath in and out of his lungs. She was weak, tired, ready to collapse, but if she could just save him then she would gladly give her last breath.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-06-2017, 12:23 AM

The air around Shail suddenly felt easier, so much more breathable. He didn't know if it came because all at once, the turmoil was over, or because Gemini crouched near him. He still didn't know what to do about his relationship with her, but after all this, he knew he couldn't deny it any longer. He breathed in deep and felt strength flow into him. Looking over at Fairuz, he nodded a silent thank you before squeezing Gemini's hand. "I-I'm okay..." He blinked furiously for a second before continuing. "Are you? Please, please tell me this is over."

"It is," Fairuz answered for him in a grim voice. And yet, the boy's hands shook. He dropped the knife, surprised and burned by its existence in his hands. Looking down, he watched the life dimming from his father's eyes--the man he once looked up to. Now he wasn't sure if the path he'd walked until now had been that of a good person either.

In his last seconds, Ali smirked. "O-one-" He coughed, struggling through each of his words. "Someone...h-has to...to be her master, though. It's...destiny..." With that, the man stilled. No other words came from him and Fairuz recoiled, still looking lost by this turn of events. Shail looked between him and Gemini, then back to the now dead man, clearly confused.

"W-what does that mean? Gemini?"

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 06-08-2017, 07:11 AM

Gemini held on to Shail, rocking him back and forth gently as she cried in relief. He was okay. He was alive. And she was never letting go of him again. She brushed the hair out of his face. "I am fine, my heart. It's over." She glanced up at Fairuz and nodded. "I am sorry that it came to this, young one. Had it been my choice, I would never have set father and son against each other." She knew anything coming from her would be no comfort, but she truly wanted to apologize. She was about to say more when the old man spoke one last time. His words sent a shiver down her spine, and she looked back at Shail, wide-eyed. I...I do not know. I have never had a master, nor have I ever needed one. As far as I am aware, djinn are a free people, unless trapped inside of a magical object. We are spirits of nature, not to be tamed. Perhaps the man was simply unhinged in his last moments." She concluded, though she wasn't entirely sure she believed it. She didn't want it to be true, though. Why would destiny decree that she must be owned? She refused that fate. "Shail, are you well enough to walk? I would like to get you somewhere else. This place is tainted with ill intent."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-22-2017, 08:46 PM

Shail gazed into Gemini's eyes, so infatuated with their color that he couldn't look away for seconds. This was real. They got out alive and unhurt and he couldn't even wrap his head around how. More than anything, he'd just wanted to save Gemini from Ali even if he put himself in danger to do so. The fact that she felt the same worry for him only warmed his heart more. "Thank goodness," he sighed. He had to shake his head though, still baffled by Ali's last words. If Gemini didn't understand, then he didn't think any of them would. Spinning the ring between his fingers, gazing idly at the object that Ali tried to trap Gemini within, he wondered why he couldn't just toss it away. He felt it was his to keep now, for whatever reasons.

Fairuz finally pulled himself away from staring at his dead father to stand, his body and expression stiff. "You should go. I'll clean up here and....I-I don't really know. I guess I'll tell the village the truth...." He trailed off, his voice sounding uncertain again. He gaze said he wouldn't waver though. As the villain's son, he owed the responsibility to right all the wrongs.

Shail nodded his head before turning to Gemini. He let her pull him to his feet, where he wobbled for a second before finding strong footing. "I will be fine. I don't care where. Let's just go."

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-07-2017, 01:44 AM

Gemini felt a pang of guilt for the boy, knowing that only just over half of the village's population was left, and many of those were injured. He would be left with quite a mess to handle. But she agreed with Shail- it was time to go. "We can go back to the caves. We will both be able to recover there." She said. "Can you walk?" She asked. She was tired, her magic almost gone, but she would transform and carry him if he needed it.