harakun
At Your Service

Old 12-08-2010, 12:02 AM

The smell of copper, apparently, took much of Raphael's self-control. He was almost tempted to jump at the teacher and taste his blood but he managed to hold himself back in the fraction of a second. His lips were dangerously close to the teacher's cheek. Knowing quite well that he was gathering themselves unwanted attention, the male let out a shaky breath and pulled back. "I see," was what he'd managed to say as he pulled away from the teacher and quickly hid his eyes from view. They had turned crimson while the scent of that sweet blood infiltrated his senses.

Taking his handkerchief, the male put it down in front of the professor. "I need to use the bathroom, Professor," were the words he said as he stood up. When he did so, his neckline had fallen over his shoulder and he only pulled it up when he'd reached the door.

It was until after class was over when Raphael had disappeared. He was currently in one of the bathroom stalls, willfully pushing down his bloodlust towards the professor. He hadn't expected it to turn like that. Hell, he didn't know what he did gave the professor a bloody nose. He wasn't even aware it had backfired on him. Shuddering and wrapping his arms around himself, he let out another shaky breath as his eyes shifted from their normal color to the color red. His fangs, which had grown when he'd almost lost his self-control, grazed over his lips. It drew out blood but the wound had easily healed.

Raphael took his time controlling himself.

Ken, on the other hand, was worried when Raphael hadn't come back again. He'd also noticed the professor's bloody shirt and nose. "Sir? Where's Raphael?" he asked. Worry immediately settled on the man's open face as he put his hands on the professor's table, "You didn't do anything weird to him, did you?"

lpockyl
S t u d e n t T a c o s ! !
Send a message via AIM to lpockyl Send a message via MSN to lpockyl Send a message via Yahoo to lpockyl

Old 12-08-2010, 10:50 PM

'wantitneeditbloodbloodblood!' the voices screamed in his head as Raphael left the room in a hasty exit. He looked down at the handkerchief and pulled it to his continuously bleeding nose, he didn't understand why this problem would beseech itself upon him now. He stood as Ken confronted him about Raphael, wondering if he'd done anything to his friend. "N-no..." his words were shaky, the room was spinning, gray, purple, blue, orange, yellow, and green spots dotted his vision. His stomach clenched as he looked up at the door as if it were a mission to get to the top of those stairs.

Slowly he staggered to the stairs. "Ken... yo-your in c-ch-charge while I'm gone...." the words coming from his raw sounding voice seemed to cut the air, he couldn't feel anything besides the blood drenching the handkerchief that Raphael had left for him, he started the first three stairs finely, the fourth, fifth and seventh were the hardest, he had finally finished crawling to the door on his hands and knee's. Not wanting his students to see him in such a state. "Mnnuh..." the small grunt sounded as he pulled his self up with the doors handle and pushed it open.

He ran down the desolate hallways until he found one of the bathrooms that so miraculously decorated the hallways. A sudden pang of pain erupted through him, sending him flying towards the ground, it was all coming back, the day he tried to forget, the day he'd never want to face again, the headlights flashed through his mind, the scream he'd make when the gun went off. He slowly made his way up from the floor and limped to the bathroom. He ran to one of the sinks and turned on the hot water, throwing the handkerchief in the now half-full sink. He blinked and blinked, the dots still decorating his vision, but the white shirt he'd worn had been turned pink and red.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 12-08-2010, 11:25 PM

[[ I wasn't sure about what to do here. I just thought that I had Raphael just give in. :rofl: He'll be seeking for Hayashi's blood now after this and no one else's would satisfy him. XD ]]

Just when Raphael had thought he'd gotten things handled, he found his eyes widening in surprise at the smell of copper infiltrating the bathroom. Shit, was the only thought he could think of as his eyes shifted back to crimson. His breathing had become more ragged as his nails dug through his cloth and into his flesh, I want... He wanted that sweet-smelling blood. He wanted the professor's blood.

The vampire opened his lips to try and speak but all he could let out was a breathless whisper. He staggered to get up and he opened the stall door he was in. The sight of the professor hunched up in the sink made him just want to take advantage of him. "Professor..." His voice was raw. Wanting. Needing. The male reached out to take the professor's wrist and before he knew it, he'd pulled him into one of the stalls. Without as much of a hesitation this time, the male took advantage of the man's position as he straddled him into the sink and caught those lips into a searing kiss.

It didn't end with just that, Raphael had started to bring the professor into the throes of passion with his bloodlust in full charge. While the professor was in the midst of pleasure, Raphael did one thing he knew he shouldn't have done yet: he sank his fangs in deep into the man while his body moved to take the other in, drank his blood and in exchange gave him the utmost pleasure far greater and far achievable only when the act is done with a vampire.

Almost. Raphael had almost drained the man dry if it weren't for his force to pull his fangs away. The male licked along the man's neck, and whispered words into his ear. "You're delicious, Professor."

lpockyl
Send a message via AIM to lpockyl Send a message via MSN to lpockyl Send a message via Yahoo to lpockyl

Old 12-10-2010, 01:10 PM

[[My school's internet is disabling the ability for me to decor. my post... so, I'll get back to that :'(]]

Hiroshi looked at himself in the mirror once more; he'd have to change his shirt after this little problem, he just could turn and leave the scene in the bathroom sink behind. He'd heard some shifting around in one of the stalls. "Hmm?" he asked a little bewildered, maybe a student were trying to skip first period. He came up with different types of conclusions before the door opened.

Before he knew it, Raphael was kissing him, straddling him into one of the sinks, Hiroshi accepted the kiss and didn't hesitate to kiss him back, and without second thought Hiroshi wrapped his arm around Raphael's waist to pull him closer. He heard the voices in his head turn into a hushed whisper, hardly noticeable to him anymore. Hiroshi began to feel his heart hammer against his chest, as if it were asking for freedom of its dark, dark chamber. It's prison.

During fighting down his heart rate and still wanting to kiss Raphael again, he felt a sudden 'pop' of his skin, a pinch of pain. Then it subsided and felt a tongue on his neck, then Raphael's words snaked into his ear with a whisper: 'you’re delicious, Professor'. Hiroshi bit down on his bottom lip, looked at Raphael's skin, and looked at the clothes that he wore. Wondered a lot of things before looking away and breathing hard.

He hadn't noticed he was holding his breath until now, what was it that gave Raphael such a power over him? He kept thinking and thinking about it for a little longer before deciding that he didn't care, he loved the dominance that Raphael held over him.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 12-10-2010, 01:52 PM

Raphael slid closer against the professor as he shivered slightly. Hiroshi's blood was delicious - far more delicious than any blood he'd tasted and he sure as hell wouldn't mind having another taste again. His lips, after having ghosted over Hiroshi's ear to whisper those words, traveled back down to the male's neck while he let out a slightly shaky breath. His eyes were still crimson so he couldn't really pull his head back just yet to see the other's face. "What about your girlfriend, Professor?" he asked as he let his hips press down against the man's own, "Would she mind?"

His hand had moved down to Hiroshi's bloody shirt and he stroked his skin through his shirt. Honestly, he wanted another taste and though he still had another class to go to, he wouldn't mind spending some time being passionate with the teacher in the school's bathroom for males. Just... one more taste. A longer taste. His tongue lavishly licked its way up to the man's lobe where he nibbled and nipped at Hiroshi's earlobe.

lpockyl

Old 12-10-2010, 03:37 PM

Hiroshi shuddered when he felt Raphael brush his lips over his neck again, and towards his ear. “I…. I… she… I…” he couldn’t finish the answer, because there wasn’t one. Somehow Hiroshi thought Raphael knew he didn’t have a girlfriend. He felt him press his hips closer to his. Hiroshi wanted to see the look in Raphael’s face, to try and figure out what he was trying to do; his moves were so bold and direct.

Hiroshi felt Raphael stroking his chest through his bloodied shirt, as he nibbled on his ear softly. ‘Why me?’ the question came at him so fast that he’d wondered if he said it aloud. “R-Raphael… why - - why me? W-why not someone else…” the question needed to be said, he needed to know.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 12-10-2010, 11:38 PM

Well, Raphael had thought Hiroshi had with the way he had replied to what he'd asked of him a while ago. Before he'd shown him the index card, that is. The vampire managed to shift his eyes back to their normal color so he could pull his head back and look down at Hiroshi. A rather small, sly smile touched his lips as his free hand moved up to have the tips of his index and middle fingers trace his professor's lips. "Because I want you," he started, "Do you not like me?"

Of course, the male knew he need not really need to ask that. He, after all, was charming Hiroshi with his powers. It can't be helped. He was a vampire. Yet again, he dipped his head in to devour Hiroshi's mouth going as far as to tilting the man's head back so he could show the dominance he currently had with the other and have the other have no say about what he was about to do.

In their school bathroom, no less.

lpockyl

Old 12-11-2010, 06:39 PM

[[My poor poor Hiroshi is being dominated in a bathroom
XD]]

Hiroshi liked the way Raphael's fingers felt on his lips, the way they brushed them. Once Raphael told him the reason why he felt himself blush, "I... I do want... you, Raphael... but..." he thought about how they'd get passed people with their secret relationship they shared. Then something about Ken's protectiveness over Raphael burst into his thoughts. "But, what abou-"

Hiroshi's sentence was cut off by another heart throbbing, breath stealing kiss from Raphael, he felt his head being forced to tilt back as he kissed him, nothing, he saw nothing but pleasure in his eyes, the pleasure and his own clear reflection behind those brown eyes. Hiroshi gave in to Raphael, he felt like not caring anymore. Hiroshi just wanted for Raphael to be closer, to stay with him. He opened his eyes to look at Raphael, who's lips were still devouring his. Hiroshi loved it, how someone had somewhat of control over him.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 12-12-2010, 12:24 AM

[[ Raphael's bold. Bold, I tell you. XD It's Hiroshi's fault for having such a sweet blood. o: Maybe... we could make his ancestors be one of those servants of some older vampires so it ran in the generation. o:! Maybe even, we could have another vampire be after Hiroshi. xD ]]

Raphael's neckline had fallen over one shoulder - the one that was currently stroking the skin under Hiroshi's shirt. Honestly, he didn't think his catch would be this easy. Hell, he'd even thought Hiroshi would fight off or something and say he had a girlfriend. It only made his amusement rise as he licked the other's upper lip before he'd pulled back. "I don't care about anything else."

Your blood is what I seek.

The vampire felt even more powerful after he'd fed the second time. His hand, while he did this, undid Hiroshi's pants and started to give him even more humanly pleasure. This was something he couldn't do to himself, after all. He was dead. He was a living corpse. His fangs sunk in a second time into Hiroshi's neck and he drank from him. The drinking part's pleasurable in both ways. Though Raphael may feel more pleasure out of it, Hiroshi will, too. He should feel the pleasure tingling to the very tips of his toes and his fingers.

lpockyl

Old 12-12-2010, 12:55 AM

[[My poor poor Hiroshi, has be brought up as a Vampire's servant, and other Vampires seeking him. He might wake up being watched over by another Vampire! :O scary. I'll protect you Hiroshi! lol.]]

Hiroshi felt the tongue's warmth on his upper lip. He looked up into Raphael, not into his eyes but pass that, trying to see into him, he wanted to know. Before he even had a chance to say anything Raphael spoke. 'I don't care about anything else.' Hiroshi felt like his heart had squeezed itself of and and everything it had in it, energy, blood, life, oxygen. You name it, he lost it. He noticed that one of Raphael's shoulders was bared, his skin looked smooth and Hiroshi wanted to touch.

He heard his belt click, signalling that it was undid, his zipper, his button, everything he ignored the sounds of until Raphael began to pleasure him, Hiroshi stifled a gasp as Raphael proceeded to do what he pleased. Then the 'Pop' of his skin, he felt the overwhelming pleasure take over again as it did before, only this time it was stronger, more alarming to Hiroshi's body. He didn't know how it had happened, he didn't know when, he just knows it did, and he was with Raphael in the bathroom. He didn't care what was happening around him, the building could have caught fire. He still wouldn't care.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 12-12-2010, 01:05 AM

Raphael continued to drink Hiroshi's blood. A moan came from the back of his throat and his body shivered slightly, not because of the cold but because of the pleasure. If he could say Hiroshi's name, he would. He let out a shaky breath as his hands continued to work on Hiroshi while he let his blood circulate his own living corpse. Knowing quite well that he shouldn't be drinking so much since he didn't want the professor fainting because of the lack of blood, the vampire pulled his fangs out and licked his lips before he'd lavishly licked at the punctures to close them.

"Hiroshi..." His name came out as a breathless whisper while he let his eyes slide shut. Pleasure coursed through his body as he willed for his eyes to return back to their normal color. Raphael managed to capture the other's lips again for another heated kiss.

lpockyl

Old 12-12-2010, 01:39 AM

Hiroshi felt Raphael continue to give him pleasure, he felt his breath caught in his throat. He screamed Raphael's name in his mind. He wanted him, he wanted to take him, he was older than him. The message quick and silent like a ninja had cut Hiroshi as Raphael pulled away from him. 'Hiroshi...' He heard him breath his name in a whisper. Hiroshi looked up and saw that Raphael's eyes were shut, before he could say a word, his lips covered Hiroshi's again. The kiss searing hot, lighting a fire within his stomach.

"Ra-Raphael..." Hiroshi mumbled under the kiss, he didn't want it to end, but it did. He pulled away from him and looked into his eyes, Hiroshi's own blazing over with desire for Raphael. "I...I..." he couldn't seem to let the words take form. Wanting, needing another kiss from him. He looked away, he needed to fight it.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 12-12-2010, 01:57 AM

Raphael's eyes slowly opened when the kiss was broken and he smiled at the look Hiroshi gave him. That was a sight he definitely can get used to. Hiroshi really was interesting. "Kiss me," he whispered onto Hiroshi's lips as he let his free hand move up to wrap around Hiroshi's shoulders. His hand continued to work on Hiroshi while he let his fingers thread through the professor's hair. The bell was going to ring any minute now and he can't exactly leave Hiroshi in this state. He had to finish what he started, after all.

lpockyl

Old 12-12-2010, 02:10 AM

Hiroshi turned to look at Raphael once more, doing what he was ordered to do. He kissed him once more, first was a peck to give what was asked. The kiss re-ignited the fire within his stomach, he covered Raphael's lips in a kiss filled with as much passion as he could put into it. He felt himself weaken in Raphael's hand, he hadn't realized it until he felt some sort of relief wash over him, clearing one small space for another burden to take it's place. The bell rung, signalling class was over, his eyes snapped open and his gaze fell on Raphael once more.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 12-12-2010, 02:19 AM

Raphael liked that kiss. He didn't even hesitate to return the said kiss. Hell, he'd even moaned into it as the passion he felt with that said kiss. Hiroshi really knew how these things work. After having drunk his fill, he felt his cheeks color just a tad as he panted against the other's lips. The moment the bell rang just after the other had finished, he'd smiled almost slyly. "Relaxed?" he asked before he'd pressed a light kiss on hiroshi's lips and brought up his hand to clean it with his tongue. He managed to clean the other with his bloodied handkerchief and he threw this into the bin. "You should change your shirt, too, professor."

The male didn't move out of his lap yet. He only brushed a few strands of hair away from the human's face. With Hiroshi's blood circulating his living corpse, he was feeling more and definitely warmer than when he first had been.

lpockyl

Old 12-12-2010, 03:19 AM

Hiroshi's ears buzzed, he looked up and seen Raphael smiling. 'Relaxed?' he asked him. Hiroshi nodded like a little kid in trouble. He felt embarrassed that the preformed act was between him and one of his students. Hiroshi glanced up at Raphael again to see him lick the mess from his hand, wiping the rest on the bloodied handkerchief he was using to clean the blood coming from his nose. The cloth was tossed into the bin. 'You should change your shirt, too, professor' The words seemed to flow from him, Hiroshi looked up at Raphael, wondering: 'How, you're still straddling me...'

Hiroshi felt his touch as Raphael pushed strands of his hair away from his face, Hiroshi leaned up and gently grabbed Raphael by his waist, lifting him into the air and placing him on the floor. Surprised by how he had done it, he began to form sentences in his mind to tell Raphael. "Raphael... I... I have to go..." his words barely above a whisper, he began to move towards the door, he didn't know that he'd need an extra shirt. He'd have to go home and grab a new one.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 12-12-2010, 03:44 AM

Raphael wasn't even done with Hiroshi yet. In fact, when he'd stood up after setting him back to his feet with ease, he found himself smiling in amusement. "Wait," he started as he managed to grab ahold of Hiroshi's wrist. Before he could get to the door, though, the vampire pinned him against the wall and put him back into his pants before he'd zipped and buttoned him up. "You should be careful."

Yet again, the vampire gaze the male another light peck on the lips. He had to bring himself up a bit to do that with their bit of height difference. "Later, professor." A smile of amusement graced his lips again as he left the bathroom, looking more lively and definitely satiated. His skin, which had been pale a while ago, was now full of color and his eyes were sparkling in glee. He'd finally gotten the one source of blood he was going to be keeping forever. There was no way he was going to give him to anyone else or let him go.

"Raphael! There's where you are!" The voice made Raphael turn to look over his shoulder. He looked up to meet Ken's worried gaze. "You weren't there for our next class so I was wondering what had happened to you. We've got homework already. Come on. We better get to the next class." He held out his bag to Raphael and Raphael took it with a smile. "Thanks," he said as he slung his bag over his shoulder, "And yeah, we should."

lpockyl

Old 12-12-2010, 04:12 AM

Hiroshi felt his wrist pull back with weight that he didn't recognize as his own. 'Wait' the voice all too familiar. He looked back and soon enough found Raphael's gaze fixated on him. Getting pinned to the wall in a speed all too fast he stared into Raphael's eyes, 'You should be careful'. He told him. Hiroshi didn't have any words to respond, his throat felt dry. Raphael pecked his lips and departed with a quick 'Later, Professor'. Hiroshi could only wish that Raphael would use his real name after one of their moments like this. If there would be any other moments like this.

Hiroshi walked from the bathroom, stopping at one of the nearby water fountains to get a drink of water, once he refreshed himself he walked. No jogged. Towards his class, he had seen that another group of students had been as situated in their seats, they watched as the professor in the bloody dress shirt made his way down to the desk. He'd never think that he'd do this, especially on his first day. "Ahem. Class... I have to make a quick run... you can have free time to do whatever... please do not cause too much attention to the room... if you can appease me with those standards... no homework for the week..." He heard the cheers as he grabbed his things and ran outside.

Grabbing his keys from his bag he unlocked the car door. Sliding inside the drivers side, settling into the seat he tried to regain some of the memories from what had happened. All of the pleasure overwhelmed him. He shook his head to clear the thoughts, closing the door and starting the car, he peeled out of the parking lot and drove to his small apartment. He hoped Victor wasn't there, he didn't want to get badgered with questions on why his shirt is bloody. He sighed deeply as the thought receded from his mind and focused on getting there.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 12-12-2010, 05:28 AM

Victor was in the room, sadly, and he was soaking himself in the tub. He hadn't exactly had a bath about two days now and though he really didn't have a scent considering he was dead, he didn't want his roommate to think he wasn't human. Well, he isn't but he was living with Hiroshi for a while now and the first time he'd laid his eyes on him, he wanted him. That, and the scent of his blood was what was the most attractive with him. He didn't want to rush things so he decided to be a roommate of Hiroshi's when the man was still looking for one.

This vampire, who was obviously older than Raphael physically and mentally, took his time to get to know Hiroshi so he could wholly have him. What Victor didn't expect was that. He didn't expect someone else to get Hiroshi all too quickly with his rash move.

Getting out of the tub, the vampire wiped his body with a dry towel before he'd wrapped it around his waist. He left his blond hair unattended to and he shut his eyes tight to will his eyes to turn back to their normal color. It always happens when he thought of Hiroshi. He's never had a taste of his blood but he was looking forward to that day when he'd willingly give it to him. The male got out of the bathroom, wiped his feet on the rug outside and headed for his closet. He was only going to stay home so he was still thinking whether to sleep in the nude or wear at least some boxers.

lpockyl

Old 12-12-2010, 05:43 AM

Hiroshi pulled into the driveway and seen that Victor's car was still there. He silently cursed himself, now he had to prepare for a tornado of questions. 'Why?' he asked himself as he turned off the rumbling engine. Opening the door and leaving it unlocked so that he could get in, shower, and get out. He needed to head back to school before the period was over. Sighing and tossing his bag into the backseat he fumbled with the keys as he shut the door.

Walking up to the front door he unlocked it, closed it and quickly ran up the stairs and towards his apartment door. It was hot outside, so his bloody shirt clung to his sweat soaked body. He panted as he reached the third floor, this rarely happened. Pushing the key into the lock and twisting the knob he pushed the door open. The smell of soap and steam filled the air, Victor must've showered before he came home. "Hey..." he said as he closed the door and threw his keys on the table beside it. Peeling his shirt from his body, he threw it into the bin and moved towards his dresser to grab some fresh clothes.

He felt lucky that he'd gotten the room closest to the front door. Victor's was towards the back of the apartment. Grabbing out his khaki slacks and a fresh white shirt he laid them out on the bed and peeled off his shoes. Tossing his socks aside he took out some new black ones.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 12-12-2010, 06:10 AM

The smell of blood grew stronger as Hiroshi came closer to their apartment. Blood and sweat. But, the sweet scent of the other's blood was enough to make him swallow tightly and breathe in deeply. He hadn't expected that at all. "Hey," Victor replied carefully as he controlled his hunger. There was no need for him to hurry and scare his roommate just because of it, "That seems to be a lot of blood. What happened?"

Victor was now standing by the doorframe to Hiroshi's room. His arms were crossed over his chest and his eyes were looking and watching Hiroshi's half-naked feature on the bed busying himself with his socks and shoes. "And, aren't you supposed to have a class?"

lpockyl

Old 12-12-2010, 06:23 AM

Hiroshi mentally cursed himself for even saying anything as he walked into the door, but he doubted that Victor wouldn't hear him coming through the door. He stood from being bent over his bed with the clothes. His gaze focused on Victor, as he stood cross armed in his door frame. "I... had a .... incident... at school" He looked past him and wondered how he hadn't heard his steps. He disregarded it and finished gathering his things he needed for the shower.

"I know... but I couldn't go through school the whole day looking like I tried to wash up in ketchup...." Hiroshi replied as he stepped towards his door. Waiting for Victor to budge, he stood almost a quarter of a yard from Victor. "Uh...." he looked at him and began to shift from one foot to the other. The wait was painful, he didn't like standing in front of Victor half naked, yeah he might have done it when Victor was sleep during the wee hours of the day but not when he was awake.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 12-12-2010, 06:33 AM

Victor, apparently, was mighty fine just standing in a towel. The cold weather didn't even bother him one bit. "An incident?" he repeated, looking very suspicious as he frowned at that. That had never happened with Hiroshi. In fact, wasn't he hardworking and the likes? It wasn't even lunch time, yet, and he had blood all over him? "You're not wounded, are you?" Victor stepped closer to Hiroshi as he checked him for any wounds. When he saw none, he put his hand on the other's shoulder and led him out of his room. It was an excuse to lead him tot he bathroom. He wanted to hear his reply, after all.

lpockyl

Old 12-12-2010, 06:43 AM

"No, no. I'm not wounded, I'm fine... I just had a nose bleed.... I think the heat was up too high. Like I said, an incident." he looked at the hand that rested on his shoulder, not even three inches away where Raphael had bitten him. He sighed lowly and looked away with a shudder making a trail down his spine. He didn't want to hurt, nor betray Raphael, he looked into Victor's eyes. For a second he thought that he could see Raphael, but then he looked deeper and he saw nothing, not even a trace to the one he felt strongly for. He looked away and at the bathroom floor, he smelt the soapy air. "Thanks for walking me to the bathroom...." he replied as he pulled away from Victor's grasp.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 12-12-2010, 06:47 AM

"A... nosebleed?!" Victor repeated, a little shocked and well, worried, for his roommate. The moment he'd heard the reason, he doubted it. He still felt suspicious and his suspicion grew even more when he'd felt the other shiver under his touch. He'd just fed so his sense of touch was warm and working quite well. Surprise was apparent in his eyes when he saw Hiroshi looking into his eyes and for a moment there, he was already tempted to just see what would happen if he kissed him. But, just when he was about to close the distance between them, he found himself ducking his head and looking back at Hiroshi. He smiled. "Try not to slip and break any bones," he told the other as he'd nodded his way, "If you need anything. Just call for me."

Victor, of course, had seen the marks left by the punctures on the other's skin. It may not be visible to a normal human but it was, with him. Someone had gotten to what was his first. And that's bad, he thought to himself.