salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 05-17-2016, 04:19 PM

I am loving this show called Mr. Robot!! Has anyone else seen it or is also a fan?

I'm watching an episode a day until I finish the first season (which is ten episodes long). The season 2 trailer just came out apparently, but I am refraining from watching it until I'm down with season 1.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 05-17-2016, 08:51 PM

What's it about, it sounds familiar.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 05-18-2016, 06:41 PM

Well without giving away too many spoilers beyond the first episode, the main character is a hacker if that helps jog your memory :3

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 05-20-2016, 02:20 AM

hmmmmm possibly? I'll google it to see if it looks familiar

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 05-21-2016, 03:37 AM

Okay let me know! I really love this show right now

I just finished episode 7 today. And there are three more episodes to go before I watch the season 2 trailer

And season 2 starts in a couple months, hooray!

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-21-2016, 03:40 AM

I've watched the pilot but I didn't really get into it. I hear it gets really good though, so I might watch more later.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 05-21-2016, 04:11 AM

It does get really good!

Well I thought it was good from the very beginning but yes it does get even better

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-21-2016, 11:44 AM

I might pick it up this winter (Your summer) when all my usual shows are on hiatus.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-21-2016, 12:22 PM

Sounds good! Hope you enjoy it!

CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 07-22-2016, 03:39 PM

Has anyone else checked out this show?!

I started watching recently and now I'm all caught up to where season 2 is currently at. Really enjoying it!! I think season one really caught me off the bat with the hacker theme (I studied computer science so this is super fun for me to watch :) ) but season two is a bit different.

Not sure what I think of season 2 so far. It's been less captivating... but I'll keep going to see where the show takes us.

Anyone else keeping up on the show?

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-23-2016, 06:28 AM

Yes I am!!!!! I also loved season one's hacker theme. Season two is definitely different from season one so far but still super intriguing in its own way. There is so much symbolism!!! Yay for another mr. Robot fan here on mene :D

CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 07-23-2016, 01:41 PM

Haha, awesome! :D I look forward to hearing your opinion on the episodes this season as they're released! They've set up a lot intrigue and mystery already for this season so it'll be fun to see how each plot plays out.

What are you most excited to see? Personally I'm interested in what Angela's going to do moving forward... the dinner she had in the most recent episode was strange, wonder how she'll react. :P

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-24-2016, 05:14 PM

Yeah! And I am also wondering these things (putting in spoilers in case someone else has not caught up yet):

SPOILERX

Where is Tyrell?? and who killed the guy who made the weed lotion (forget his name)?? Is Elliot really in a mental institution?? And yikes, what is that detective going to do now that she has found F Society's location??

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-28-2016, 03:47 AM

CrepsleyKabob, are you caught up? I am watching the fourth episode of season 2 right now

CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 08-04-2016, 03:11 PM

Hey!! I just caught up on the past two new episodes... man, talk about a plot twist / cliffhanger ending for the most recent episode!

SPOILERX

I wonder who the shooters are!! What's their involvement with the FBI and their investigation? I'm a big fan of Dom / the FBI lady so I hope she figures out a way out of there.

Also, wooow... can't believe the site Ray is running. Shady! But also I feel like Elliot's storyline has gotten way off track from the central story? Seems like every character is still involved in the aftermath of the 5/9 hacks, yet he's still off doing other things haha.

Joanna (Tyrell's wife) is still such a mystery to me too. I kind of predicted that she would have the guy killed. I'm a bit confused what he was protecting though. He's the guy who found Elliot sleeping in Tyrell's van, right? So what's the deal? I wonder how much she knows.

Anyway, after this episode I can't wait to see what's next :D

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 08-04-2016, 03:34 PM

Ahhh I didn't watch the last episode yet that just came out last night! I quickly scrolled all the way down when I realized that maybe there might be spoilers in your post, heheh. I will read it after I have watched the last episode :D

CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 08-05-2016, 06:05 AM

Ahh sorry! I hope I didn't ruin anything for you... well either way I can't wait to hear what you think :)

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-05-2016, 02:21 PM

CrepsleyKabob: oh my goodness your avatar is absolutely spectacular!!!!!

I finally watched the newest episode yesterday! :D and ahhh Mr. Robot is starting to get better again I think haha because

SPOILERX

...yay for hacker screens again, haha :D I was excited to see PuTTY on their screen because I had used that before

Yikes I also hope Dom survives that. I mean, I am pretty sure she will get out of there safely because she has become one of the main characters and there is definitely a lot more she will become involved with. But that was scary how the woman right next to her was the first to be shot. And everyone else proceeded to be killed as well.

I agree. I am not fully understanding what is going on with Elliot. Have you read those theories about how he might be in a mental institution? Well now I am not so sure about that because of the way they are beating him up and how they killed the other guy and scalped him.

By the way, do you think Elliot's mother is real? Is he just imagining her? Or is she one of the guards?

I am not sure about Joanna either. At first, when she encountered Elliot a few episodes ago, she mentioned how Tyrell had been acting strangely. Plus the fact that she had a new boyfriend. And it made me think she did not know where he was or what was happening. But now it seems like she knows a lot more than I thought. I wish she could somehow get Tyrell's severance package if she is running out of money (this was from a previous episode). And all those gifts she is receiving...I assume they are from Tyrell? I don't understand why he is sending her things like the music box and the rattle. They are sweet gifts but is he not taking an additional risk by sending packages to her address

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 08-05-2016, 10:05 PM

I just started watching this on prime and I am loving it so far. I just have one thing to say though, Tyrell has some issues.....

CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 08-06-2016, 05:17 AM

MercyGrim, yes he does!!! And you're only at the beginning... wait until you see the crazy stunts he pulls.

Symphony, thank you!! it was very fun to put together

Yay!

SPOILERX

Hahaha I agree entirely! The hacker screens are one of the things that got me hooked on the show. There was a lot more of it in season one but hey, I'll take what I can get.

There's not much violence on the show so when it happens, it's usually pretty shocking.. and man those shooters came out of NOWHERE! I saw them come into the room from behind Dom's coworker's head (in the background of the scene) but by the time I realized what they were carrying her friend was already dead on the floor. Scary stuff.

I hadn't heard that but I believe it actually. I mean, who knows what's real and what isn't with him? Him being in an institution would explain the routine and lack of access to a computer. Or maybe it's not an institution but more of an in-house care thing.

Either way... something tells me the mother isn't real either, Darlene has been totally ignoring her and that seems odd to me.

Hmm. I'm suspecting that Joanna wasn't fully aware of Tyrell's plan on the night of the hack (whatever the plan actually was, because we still don't know what happened!). But I also don't think Tyrell fully left her in the dark either. I think he's doing what he can to clue her in without risking too much (like with these packages). The new boyfriend thing didn't seem too weird to me... I honestly think Joanna is just using this new guy. Tyrell and Joanna seem like a couple where sex is just an accessory to the relationship, what's more important to them is their scheming haha. I'm positive her loyalty still lies with Tyrell.

By the way, didn't Tyrell speak to Elliot on the phone in one of the previous episodes? Do you think that was real or did Elliot imagine it? There's still a chance that Elliot killed Tyrell, remember the gun in the popcorn machine from the night of the hack?

Can't wait for the next episode :D

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-06-2016, 06:53 PM

Ahhh I am so excited for the next episode too! :D

SPOILERX

Yes I had been thinking about that, since they showed Elliot taking the gun out of the popcorn machine while Tyrell was not looking. But the thing is, I feel like Tyrell is such an important character that the writers/directors would not kill him off screen? Unless he has been killed already and they will show a flashback later on. That is a very good question about the phone call with Tyrell...I had just assumed that it was a real phone call and it confirmed that Tyrell was still alive, but now that you mention it, I am not so sure anymore!

I am confused about Joanna's relationship with this new guy. Initially, I would have agreed with you that maybe she was just using him. For bdsm sex, I mean. But later, wasn't there a scene where Joanna was telling him that she loved him even though he was a bartender and would never be able to take her to Madrid? Something along those lines? I kind of doubt that she actually loves that guy, but another part of me is wondering why she would say that in the first place? She could be manipulating him into staying with her, but I guess I don't see how that new guy is useful yet.