13th
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2009, 01:32 PM

Dunno if this is the right forum or even the right place to post this, but I'll try and see if there's someone out there who can help me...

I've tried to learn screaming (Metal/screamo) but I seem to just fail and fail every time I try. I know that it probably takes time to learn, but I can't get it to sound right.
I've watched a lot of "screaming tutorials" on Youtube, and I can do that "The Grudge"-thing and can use my diaphragm, but how do I get further than that? I've heard that your voice have to 'crack' into the scream, but I can't see how...?

I've also tried that "roar"-way, but that isn't what I'm looking for, neither is pig squeal, more like the hardcore/screamo way.
I also like to sing though and don't want to get my voice hurt

Yes, I'm a girl... does that have any effects or consequences?

I need some tips and explanation. How do you do? Have you heard of a good way to learn how to? Anything else?

I can use any help!

Last edited by 13th; 10-19-2009 at 01:56 PM..

AcidDrop
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-19-2009, 10:18 PM

its extremely difficult for girls to do this, but it can be done! you should have a browse around the internet, theres probably some videos on it on youtube.

TheHumbleBee
The Geek Of The Bees
Send a message via Yahoo to TheHumbleBee

Old 10-20-2009, 12:28 AM

There is a chick that actually taught a lot of popular screamo bands out there how to do the screaming and such without hurting there voices. She teaches lessons in New York and shtuff.

http://www.melissacross.com/

That's the link to her site. Maybe you can email her and she can drop a few lines to help you out.

13th
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-20-2009, 05:14 PM

AcidDrop: Thanks, but I've already browsed Youtube... think I've watched about 20 videos about it, and they all say almost the same.

TheHumbleBee: Seems like a good option, but any kind of contact with her costs $20 or more so I dunno : x
Maybe I'll try if I can find her DVD in the library or so :3

Thanks