.Jazzed
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to .Jazzed

Old 07-18-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmbailey View Post
Thanks, I'd always thought it would be interesting to see what bands came from what part of the world. As for the size of the music collection it's taken about 7 to 8 years to pull it together and it's still growing but I've met some people with collections that dwarf mine. Those people are dedicated. o.o
Well it's impressive!
Yeah, definitely different styles converge more in certain areas! I don't know if it'd be able to organize my itunes like that. I mean I know they've got extra sorting options, but I have yet to really put them to use :P

Some douche once told me he had a 600 gig collection. I remember staring at him like he was some loonie gone off his meds half naked screaming "THE END IS NEAR!"... course he looked completely serious! So I'm not sure whether he was telling the truth or not, but if he was... damn! xD I mean that's years of straight music!

fmbailey
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-19-2009, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Jazzed View Post

Some douche once told me he had a 600 gig collection. I remember staring at him like he was some loonie gone off his meds half naked screaming "THE END IS NEAR!"... course he looked completely serious! So I'm not sure whether he was telling the truth or not, but if he was... damn! xD I mean that's years of straight music!
I've met some people that are very adamant about the sizes of their collections as if it were a contest to see who can hoard the most music. Though I did meet a really cool person that had upwards of a full terrabyte on DVDs and had offered to share some of it with me.

Given the number of bands and individual artists and DJs out there a collection that size isn't impossible but it's going to take up more time to obtain than a part time job would.

Though I think one of the downsides of the way I sort my collection is that it's all sorted manually. I've still got to go in and delete doubles of albums and loose songs but I think that by the time I get the whole collection sorted out it will have been worth the effort.

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 07-27-2009, 09:57 PM

@.Jazzed: Well, a 600 gig collection isn't all that big if he's storing everything in a lossless format. Xb

As for me, I sort everything very meticulously on my computer, but I just toss my cds onto a shelf in any order. I never listen to music unless it's on my computer or ipod, so the physical copies of cds aren't as important to me.

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 07-30-2009, 04:36 AM

600GB... wow, that's huge.
I have to wonder, what is it that you DO with that much music? Do you really listen to all of it, or just take what you please just to have it?

I'm fairly content with my 10 gigs, so I kind of have to wonder how much time you're spending listening to get through all of that.

.Jazzed
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to .Jazzed

Old 08-03-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabby View Post
600GB... wow, that's huge.
I have to wonder, what is it that you DO with that much music? Do you really listen to all of it, or just take what you please just to have it?

I'm fairly content with my 10 gigs, so I kind of have to wonder how much time you're spending listening to get through all of that.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I accumulate it because I love music. I'd have more if I could spare a hundred for a terabyte portable drive.

Why have that much? Why not. Some people collect mugs, some puke bags, and others music! As for what people do with it, lots of people just listen to music all day. Also, some people mix music together, or obsessively memorize their entire music collection.

But you're right in assuming that there is such thing as too much music.

Moderation is key.

Kottori
Full-Time Cynic & A Part-Time Dr...
Send a message via AIM to Kottori Send a message via MSN to Kottori Send a message via Yahoo to Kottori

Old 08-04-2009, 03:42 AM

Quote:
* Where do you keep your music? ||
I have an external hard drive with like, 600 GB of memory. So far, I've only used about 15-30gb, and that's also on my Zune.
Quote:
* How are they organized? ||
By folder, by band, alphabetically. I have playlists in their own folder, too.
Quote:
* What form do they come in? ||
I have a variety. I have some that were ripped from CDs that I no longer have, but most of it was downloaded from being bought online.
Quote:
* How much time do you spend on your collection? ||
Not much, as it's all on the drive. I take care of that drive, however. It's always in a box so it doesn't break. As for organizing? That takes very little time, but I spend hours laboring over what to put on the drive. You'd be surprised how I picky I am over what goes on that drive.
Quote:
* How much do you have? ||
I hardly have any CDs. I have loads of posters, tons of pictures.. And when it comes to songs? Last time I checked, I had upwards of near 15k. I'm a real music fanatic. I even own some clothing! Dance Club Massacre probably is the band that I have the most of, when it comes to clothing. I have two shirts, a sweater, and some stickers. I can't wait to get my favorite shirt of theirs, and for the newer sweaters!

Also! The drive is part of what my friends call 'The Community.' Most of us have a drive, and I believe mine is the biggest? Unless Paco got the 2 TB one. Anyway, what we do is pass around our drives, and we all take music from to add to our collections, and add to the person's collections on the drive. That's how most of us have accumulated such a large collection of music. It's a pretty sweet deal, and gives me an excuse to spend time with my friends. (:

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 08-04-2009 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: Failure to Quote Spoons

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 08-05-2009, 01:02 AM

@Jazzed-
I can see that :] Some people probably do just sit around listening to that music all day, but I think most people are, y'know, NOT audiophiles.

But then you get into the huge numbers and there's no way you can possibly love all of that e_e

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 01-03-2012, 09:13 AM

I have a few CDs and mp3s, don't organise them in any particular way though. Probably should some day....

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 01-03-2012, 05:35 PM

None of my music is organized. It's all just shuffled together so I get random things. This goes for my Vinyl, CDs, Tape Cassettes, and my itunes.
I have over 75 Vinyl albums (most are actually my dads, but I'm the only one that listens to them), 15 CDs, 26 tapes, and 175 songs from itunes.

dana eleanor
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to dana eleanor

Old 01-03-2012, 05:55 PM

Mine are in a bookshelf that is in my closet and organized in ABC order and by year by artist. It's easier to pick out which CD I want.

Adrastiea
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-03-2012, 06:26 PM

For my cassette tapes I have a giant briefcase that I keep them all organized in, for my records I have a nice box for them, for my CDs I have a binder and a small tower for my "most played" that I keep more on hand. My music files on my computer are organized by genre with sub-folders dedicated to each artist (which contain even more sub-folders for albums). I also have a special file for "FanMixes" that I make (or others I come across) because those really need to be organized separately... XD

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-04-2012, 09:23 PM

I have digital files, records, CDs, and a few tapes but most those have been upgraded to CDs or digital. Digital files are just by artist and song in ABC order. It's just easier for me to look for an artist I want to hear and just point and click. My CDs are in ABC order as well as the tapes and records.

I spend a lot of time adding to my collection. I'm really into music and can almost always find something new if I look. I also know a lot of people in the music/radio business so they tell me about artists/songs to look into as well.

As for how much I have...I honestly have no idea how many CDs/tapes/or records I have. I have a closet full plus shelves on my "office" wall full of them. Digital files, I have over 5000 and it doesn't even have everything I want on it.

I also have a room where I keep my guitars, bass, and amps.