Amber Absolution
Haunted by Kingdom hospital
Send a message via MSN to Amber Absolution

Old 10-15-2012, 01:32 AM

Name: Cleodina

Biography: Cleodina lives in a deep sea gorge, well hidden from the surface. Bellow the waves the city grows and lives with ease. Yet all merfolk have all too human desires all cannot escape their love of mischief and companionship. For the last little while of her life, she's been learning about the surface. It's only been a little while that she's seen it with her own eyes.

Personality: Where other's travel in groups, Cleodina travels alone. She prefers to be a single, haunting song. To her the ocean is her home and everything that rests upon it's wild waves is for her to enjoy as her very own.

:Due to technical issues, uploading an image is being a problem so I shall leave a link.
Leads to image hosted outside Mene.

i3utts3x
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-15-2012, 01:48 AM

Name: Leon J. Walker

Biography: Leon has been sailing the seas since he was a young lad. His life is the water. It's all he's ever known on his father's pirate ship. He's a thief, but one with a soft heart. Leon fishes in his spare time and loves to star gaze during the early morning when everyone else is fast asleep.

Personality: As said above, Leon has a soft spot for beautiful things. He doesn't like being ruthless and hateful like the men on his crew. Instead, he likes writing poetry and playing his sitar late at night, not to disrupt the others. (Or to be made fun of.) His appearance does seem serious, which he can't deny, but inside he's an adventurer waiting to find mysterious, mythical creatures. And treasure. Treasure is nice too.

Appearance:

Amber Absolution

Old 10-15-2012, 02:33 AM

Bellow the water and past the lights of the city, the world beyond faded into black. No light shone down from above, and very rarely was there anything under the waves that was bright enough to see by. Yet above the ebb and flow of water currents, the sky was a satin sheet dancing with diamonds even at its darkest. The sun set fire to the horizon as it rose and set and danced on every peak of the water during the long warm days.

Cleodina swam almost effortlessly towards the surface. Once again her heart tugged at her, pulling her up out of the water and below the great open sky. She wanted to feel the air on her face and bask in the light that fell from the heavens. As she swum, she knew that it was night above. If it was day then she could see the sunlight rippling through the waves. The night enchanted Cleodina more then anything else in her lifetime.

Slowly however she became aware of something strange above her, and out of fear she hung back, not daring to go any closer. Even with only the light of the moon and stars above, she could see a shadow in the water. It sat on the surface, a dark stain that blotted out all light. Carefully she started to swim closer, realising it must be bigger then any sea creature.

When she broke up through the still water, causing ripples in what had lay like a sheet, Cleodina was a fair distance away from what she now knew was a ship. They were well known below although she had never seen one. She had heard stories of them though, of how her sisters would sing and lure them over to the rocks. When the ships sunk, the bodies would be feasted upon by the animals and the girls would steal whatever treasures they could find.

With naive curiosity, Cleodina was once more under the water, swimming through the salt water without leaving any sign. Then, once she was close enough to the ship to touch it's wooden sides with her finger tips, she swum up.

The sight was magnificent. It was a beautiful thing made of rope and wood. If humans could make such things by hand and live on them above the waves for so long, then they truly were impressive creatures.

Looking up at it all in the pale moonlight on a background of stars was mystifying for her. It was an instinct, a natural response that she couldn't and didn't want to hold back to part her lips. Without thought, a wordless song spilt from her mouth and into the cold night air. It was a sweet song. Unlike her sister's, which spoke of longing and temptation, it was a song of love and of life.

i3utts3x
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-15-2012, 02:54 AM

"Goodnight men! Goodnight Pop!" Leon shouted as the men replied in hearty laughter and retreated from their feast into their corridors of slumber. The ship was very big indeed, and the wood was so thick it was almost sound proof down below. Almost, anyway. It had been a delightful dinner of fish, yet again, and taters. Such a delicacy among the weary pirates that traveled the seas for treasure. Tonight, Leon's father told tales at the table to brighten the crews mood of mermaids and mystical creatures that lured once the greatest pirates of them all to the rocks.

"Feh, what do I know of mermaids?" Leon shouted into the night navy blue sky which was lit up by a full moon and millions of dazzling, sparkling stars. The wind blew suddenly, as if responding to the serious man's cry towards the moon. It happened often, but this time was a bit different. It was almost as if he could hear singing, the sounds of the heavens itself, only in song form.

With hit sitar in his hand, the man was seated at the edge of the deck, closing his eyes to the music. He hummed along cheerfully, his feet swinging just slightly to the enchanting song the wind had been singing. The man began to play with the melody, tuning just right and hitting the right chords to make music upon music to this wonderful melody. Leon, still with his eyes closed, sighed in delight, believing it was his own imagination creating the music. Oh, if only he did live upon land. He would make music and create it for all to be content and happy, dancing to his tunes. When he finished playing along with the beautiful song, Leon began to play a hearty, full fledged song of his own. Cheery yet sad in it's own way,

"Oh, above the waters lies a home to men,
joyous, ruthless and we can't forget hardworking 'till the end,
until one night a man who sings under the stars,
who dreams of the treasures that are yet so far,"

The man began his produced song, his foot tapping against the large, wooden boat to provide a beat for his sitar playing,

"Waters, what do you hold for me?
Living on yer don't really satisfy my needs,
still I hope and sometimes pray inside of my head,
I'll find another life to live once I'm gone and..."

Leon stopped his playing, staring at the stars above. His mother really was a wonderful woman. His father refused to talk about her, but the brune remembered her as if he was a baby yesterday. The pirate strummed the last chord, whispering the end of the song, "... dead."

Amber Absolution

Old 10-15-2012, 03:11 AM

Almost entranced by her own song, Cleodina heard nothing of the humans words, spoken to the night sky as if the stars themselves might listen and answer. She continued to sing, even as somewhere in the back of her mind she became aware of another voice alongside hers. To have something respond to her song was too beautiful for her to believe. To find another who's voice sung of more then others impending doom was a dream she feared would never bear fruit.

It was only when her voice was once again alone that she was silent, and ducked back below the smooth waters to inspect the bottom of the boat. Then she heard it, unmistakeable. There was song, up above her, a song she had never heard. Not hers or her sisters but a sound that was new and exciting. Too desperate to hear it clearer and to find the source, she once more rose from the waters.

It was then that she heard words. A song that was also speech, that had meaning that was felt by not just the heart but her whole body. The words made her skin tingle. Throwing away all rationality, Cleodina swum back just a little. The first thing she noticed was something dangling from the ships side, something she hadn't noticed before. Then as she edged back even further, she realised that the voice and the song belonged to a man.

All at once questions flooded her head. She wanted to know what it was that he sung and if all humans could sing. She wanted to know how he could sing words and such beautiful notes all at the same time, and if it had been him that had sung alongside her own sweet sound. Yet instead she just floated there in the dark water, staring up at him wishing only that she could be close enough to see him closer.

i3utts3x
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-15-2012, 03:31 AM

Leon stretched out after his song was finished. The cool breeze of the night always felt nice to him. He let out a soft sigh as he stared into the dark abyss of the waters, smiling at his own reflection, "I'll please you, water gods, with my songs," He joked, strumming his fingers along the strings of the sitar. He began to hum a soft tune he was making up on the spot. Perhaps another song he would make it. Boy, did the voice of the winds really sound great with his sitar. Maybe he had try to imagine hard enough, "Come out, come sing your songs," Leon cooed out, to no one really, mainly to the wind.

At that instant, he strummed chords and tapped his foot against the boat, his fingers not stopping for a second as he waited for his imagination to pick up and make that soothing, sweet voice yet again. Leon was sure he had made up the voice of a maiden in his head. No one else would be out here in these waters. Maybe only the fishes!

The man hummed softly, his eyes gazing upon the water that rippled against the edge of the boat and back into the ocean where it belonged. He could only imagine how green and moldy the sides of the boat would be, especially under. It had sailed for as long as he was alive and possibly even more! All those years and this ship still held up. Leon laughed at his own thoughts as his fingers danced away on the strings, producing beautiful melodies he had made up all on his own.

Amber Absolution

Old 10-15-2012, 03:45 AM

When the last note faded away, Cleodina ducked below the water for safety. When the songs stopped, she remembered the stories she had been told of her sisters being taken by humans and never returning. She didn't want to believe he could do the same, but fear still lurked deep inside her.

A shiver raced down her, causing every inch of her to shudder, when she heard the man's voice once more. This time not in song, but in simple speech. Even below the water line she made out his words, but she did not understand. There were no water gods. Only them and the sea life. Perhaps they worshipped that which lived under the water?

Then once again there was music. Too faint for her to hear until she slipped back to the shelter of the boat and only just lifted her head into the night. Another few notes graced the chilly air, new to her ears. Then she heard him speak again.

There was no doubt in her mind the man was speaking to her. He had heard her song and he wanted to hear it again. It must have been him that had accompanied her earlier melody. She was about to start singing, the song that poured from her heart and was all that she knew, until the music started.

The man was singing yet another song, and he wanted her to join in. For a few moments she listened, unsure if she could sing anything other then what she had. If the human could, then why couldn't she? Cleodina closed her eyes and parted her lips, praying that she could match the humans notes.

i3utts3x
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-15-2012, 03:55 AM

Leon continued to strum his sitar until he had heard the voice yet again, only this time faintly closer. This was supposed to be in his head, not out there. His singing came to a stop, but his strumming continued as he stepped onto the boat yet again and wandered around until he was sure where the voice was coming from. He saw a figure at the edge of the boat as he leaned over, continuing with his music. A woman? What was that? Surely it was too cold for her in the water.

"Not too cold for you, miss?" He questioned down towards the shadowy figure he assumed was a female, leaning over the edge and peering to see if it really was, "If you'd like, you may come up. Were you the one singing?" As if he was imagining this female, questions came spewing out of his mouth, curiously peering down at the figure as he held his sitar in one hand, "You have beautiful singing," He finished, squinting down to make out t he figure of a woman whose upper body shined against the moonlit sky. She was as beautiful as her singing voice, and Leon didn't want to miss this chance of rescuing a damsel in distress.

Automatically, the man let down a safety raft close to the woman, "I'm here now, you're safe," He cooed gently towards the woman, "I'm Leon, what is your name, madam?" He asked one more question before quieting down, continuing to lean off against the boat and curiously peer down at the still somewhat shadowed woman.

Amber Absolution

Old 10-15-2012, 04:09 AM

With her eyes closed and with her focusing so much on trying to sing along with the human, she didn't notice he was looking right at her until he spoke. He eyes snapped open and she looked up, right into his eyes. For a moment she just froze, afraid of what would happen to her.

Until he asked if she wanted to come up. No man would ever ask that of her if they knew what she was. Perhaps they might drop a net on her, or try and hook her, but she could not climb up to sit or stand beside him. Still she dropped a little deeper into the water, her fear not gone but certainly less powerful then before.

When the human mentioned her singing, Cleodina looked away for quite a while before looking back up at him. "You have beautiful singing." Although her words echoed his, they were in her eyes the truth. Never had she heard anything so beautiful. "I can't go." Lifting a hand, she pointed to the raft, hoping he would move it further away.

Even as she looked back to him, it was hard for her to decide between hiding and staying to talk. Everything that was happening was strange and new. "Leon, you have beautiful singing. The moon and stars hear Leon sing Cleodina's song with her to them, and I think they shine a little brighter."

i3utts3x
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-15-2012, 04:28 AM

Leon felt suddenly eerie as the woman was.. very strange. Very strange. He watched as she didn't want any help and decided to pull up the raft, continuing to stare. What was this strange feeling? "Cleodina is very nice to Leon," He played around, not realizing it was indeed how she spoke. Such a strange name for a beautiful face. Obviously she wasn't from around or the water would have frozen her to death.

The man leaned over yet again and held out his sitar to the woman, "Can you play this?" He questioned, his eyes locking with hers. Whatever the woman was doing out there, he was sure to converse until he could. Her words were very nice and he felt glad she liked his singing voice. He didn't have anyone to compare it to, "Go ahead, grab it. It's very easy to play," Leon added, a slight smile appearing on his lips. He wanted to get closer, but it was too cold to do so. He just couldn't go down in the water to talk to a woman, even though he hadn't seen one in ages.

"Where did you come from anyway, Lass?" Leon questioned, continuing to hold out his sitar. He had others in his sleeping chambers and didn't mind if she took it for awhile. He had a feeling they would meet again.

Amber Absolution

Old 10-15-2012, 04:45 AM

She stared at him in silence for a while, only relaxing once the raft was pulled away. In the water on her own she seemed safe. That's when she saw the man start to bring something towards her, and for a split second was sure it was going to hurt her before she noticed the strings. His fingers had pulled them like a comb pulls hair while he had sung.

Although she wanted to play with it, she didn't take it just yet. If it was safe then it could wait a little while longer. Leon didn't seem in any hurry to move away, instead asking her another question. Cleodina shook her head in answer. She knew it wouldn't be easily explained. It was better for her to say nothing then to try and lie. She didn't want the man to not trust her.

Slowly, her fingers brushed the bottom of what was being held to her. It was still a little while before she took it, careful to hold it out of the water. Remembering what the man had done, she ran her fingers over the strings and listened as they made a noise like he had done. So, humans found other ways of making music? She would have to tell the teachers about that. She had never been taught it by anyone before.

After a little while of playing with her new toy, Cleodina looked back up at the man with a wide smile. "Leon has given Cleodina a wonderful gift." She held it close, showing that she wanted it. "Your hair is deep sunset, your eyes dark waters, your lips endless horizon and your song is the heavens Leon." With nothing to give in return, she hoped that perhaps her words might be a small token of gratitude.

i3utts3x
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-15-2012, 05:08 AM

Leon pursed his lips as the woman spoke, tilting his head in utter confusion. He had never heard anyone speak like that before, especially not about him. He felt his face heat up just a tad, bashfully looking away, "I'm glad you like it then, Cleodina," He replied, running his fingers through his hair as he was about to speak again.

"Leo! What are ya doin' out here!" A rough voice spoke and startled Leon, jumping up. He slightly waved goodbye to the woman and made his way towards his father, "You're going to catch a cold, get inside," The old man spoke with just wisdom as he went back inside and closed the door behind him. Quickly, Leon ran back towards the edge of the ship, "Cleodina! It was nice meeting you. Hopefully we can sing again sometime," He whispered, "I bid you farewall, madam!"

And with that, Leon went on his way into the sleeping chambers to go and catch his sleep. It was alright, the air was much too cold outside for him anyway. As he crept into his bed and pulled the covers over him, he peered out of the window that led into the deep blue sea as if he himself lived under water. Leon closed his eyes and yawned, trying to get some sleep. He knew he wouldn't get much, being as that Cleodina, that beautiful woman, would be on his mind until the next morning.

~

"Argh! Get up you scallywag!" A crewman joked as he poured water on Leon and the man woke up, gasping for air. He grinned and held the man in a choke hold, a morning ritual for the men as they prepared for the day to come and to explore what they would. The men got the ports ready, the canons, and even put down nets in the hot, glarey sun to catch fish for their next dinner.

Leon let out a sigh as he leaned against the edge of the ship, staring out into the now blue ocean, thinking of Cleodina. What a strange encounter that had been, "Say, Ronkers," Leon spoke, the one eyed mopping man grunted as if for him to start speaking, "I saw a girl last night. She was in the waters, very lovely singing voice. It was strange." Ronkers merely grunted again, but the uproar of laughing near by of the crewmen began, "A lass in the sea? She would have died! Are you mad, Leon? A little too much water for yer," They started, laughing at him.

The male smirked and shrugged, "It was as real as real gets, men. It was strange, but I wasn't dreaming... She was nice.."
"You hear that men?! THE LASS WAS NICE!" The began to laugh again, putting Leon in a sour mood and storm off back into his sleeping chambers for a while, grumbling as he began to sleep once more.

Amber Absolution

Old 10-15-2012, 01:41 PM

To be given such a gift at their first meeting made her wonder if all humans were so giving. Although it was only one treasure, Cleodina knew it would mean more to her as a gift then a whole ships cargo would if she had rescued it from among rocks and drowned bodies. Looking up at Leon, the thought made her feel sick. Death was common in the waters. Most animals had to hunt to survive and death came hand in hand with satisfying hunger. Yet to think of him so still and unmoving made something inside her hurt.

She opened her mouth, to give him warning of others that would do him harm, when another voice pierced the night and scared her down into the water so that she would be a shadow on the surface. Cleodina listened still, waiting to hear Leon's voice again. When it came, she smiled to think he would want to have her company again. Even though he had gone and it was time for her to sink back to her city, she had already decided to return the next night, hoping to see him and hear him again.

~

Cleodina lay against a large flat rock just outside of the city, holding Leon's sitar to her chest. No matter how hard she tried to convince the teachers, they had only turned her away. It was rare to see such things she had been told, but it was a mystery what they did. She tried to convince them it was something that helped the humans make song, and had even tried to show that by running her fingers over the strings, but it remained silent. The water drowned the noise and although it still meant so much to Cleodina, it couldn't make a sound.

The teachers had almost laughed at her when she realised it would be silent. They believed she was trying to fool them or seem more intelligent then she was. When they asked how she knew, Cleodina stayed silent. Although she enjoyed her time with Leon the night before, she was not willing to tell others that humans were kind. She understood that like all creatures, no two were alike and didn't want any foolish mermaids meeting their death by the sides of great ships.

In a sulk and eager for night to come once more, she lay staring up into the darkness. Her eyes followed every creature that moved across her vision, most of which she recognised even at a distance. She knew that humans ate fish, but only ever caught those that swam close to the surface. Deeper into the dark, they became more beautiful and more magical. Once every so often, a light show would be performed above the city by mating breeds, like a thousand tiny blue stars twinkling and spinning. Still even as she thought about it, nothing she had seen below the waves was as beautiful as that human in the soft moon light.

i3utts3x
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-17-2012, 10:50 PM

After what had seemed ages, the crew had shaped up the ship to it's full potential, waxed the flowers and even gotten the outside of the ship. Where were they headed? Land, finally. Though it seemed they would get there days from now, the captain knew they would get there eventually. It had been years and years since they last been on land. Decades, possibly. Leon stretched out his long arms from his slumber, washed up, and made his way up on deck to do his duties, which were chatting with the lads and taking orders from his father.

"Pop, how long do you see us headed for?" Leon questioned, leaning against the edge of the ship and peering down into the water where he had seen Cleodina not too long ago. The man let out a deep sigh as he stared up at the stars. Dinner would be soon and others would be going inside for the rest of the night. "Men, time to feast!" The captain growled as he headed towards the diner chambers with the rest of his crew following behind. Leon followed in as well to take his plate to go.

As soon as he came back to the surface, he immediately went over to the edge of the boat where he had seen Cleodina, eating his fish silently. He didn't know what had drawn her to him, but what he knew was that she had his sitar. Clearly, it was now hers, but he was too lazy to bring one out from his sleeping chambers. They would all be suspicious because of it. Leon began to hum to himself as he finished the last of his potatoes, licking his fingers. Had he imagined it all? Where was this mysterious woman he had met? In his head?

Amber Absolution

Old 10-18-2012, 12:31 AM

As the stars had started to shine in the nights sky, Cleodina had started to move through the waters away from her home. She had thought about what she could give Leon in return for his gift to her. Although she would have liked to give something that had personal meaning, there was very little that she owned. Unlike the others, that hoarded treasures from unfortunate ships, she only had what she needed. Instead she had decided to give him something beautiful and new.

It hadn't taken her too long before she had the creature trapped in her hand, the man's gift to her in the other. It tried desperately to escape but she knew how to hold on without hurting it or letting it go. Once Cleodina was sure it was perfect, she headed straight for the surface. It took her a little while longer to get to the boat. Over the day it had travelled quite a distance, but it was a distance that she covered quickly.

When her head broke the waters surface the first thing she saw was Leon's face, lit in the most beautiful way by the light of the pale moon. She was sure that tonight he was even clearer to her then before, and the reflection of the water made light dance in his eyes. "Leon is again sitting out by the water while others are warm inside, but the stars and Cleodina are pleased to see your face once more." Her lips formed a sweet smile as she gazed up at him, excitement causing her heart to flutter in her chest.