Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-18-2017, 05:28 PM

Name: Murky Waters

She has long warm brown hair, violet eyes, and a tall, slim body. Normally she would wear a short dress and sandals, but she also inherited armor which she now wears with tall boots. She does not carry a physical weapon.
Personality: She can seem serious, but she also has a free smile and a child’s excitement when it comes to learning. It’s hard to get her down even if sometimes she takes more responsibility on her shoulders than necessary. She wants to be helpful and enjoys being the spotlight. In all, she carries herself with strength, but she’s aware that she’s just a child in many ways and fears what it will be like to fight for her life and others. Learning is one thing, but her nature is too kind to want to hurt someone. For her brother though, she knows she must.
Bio: She was born before her brother by three minutes in a rare case of angel twins. Although they don’t look that similar, they’ve always been close. She holds her age over him constantly and in many ways, is the stronger one between them. She inherited all the brains and is claimed as a prodigy by her teachers, handling magic and studies well. However, she has very little real life experience and is sheltered. When her brother contracts the demon disease, she is the first to volunteer in order to find a solution.

Name: Soul Waters
Appearance:

His hair is a cooler brown and currently outgrowing whatever grooming it once had. Eyes are a grey-blue and his clothing simple in dull colors. He’s shorter and wider than his sister though not by much.Wears a thin silver chain across his neck with a butterfly charm. Carries twin sword swords.
Personality: He can seem gruff, or just cold to others. He rarely speaks and when he does, it’s in a quiet voice lacking much inflection. In reality, he’s shy and afraid of rejection. It leads him to act like a jerk at times and continue to force distance between himself and others. However, he’s protective especially of his sister and has always wanted to be a person she can rely on. His strongest moments are all in relation to her. More than anything, he just doesn’t want to be protected anymore.
Bio: He is the black sheep of the family. Although not unskilled, he could never reach the level of his sister and struggles constantly with magic’s intricacies. Among his peers, he occupies the lowest tier in training. Not having many friends, his closest relationship has always been with his sister. Since he receives less shelter though, he’s become more proficient in the way of the world and knows how to look after himself and fight. He has recently contracted the demon disease after becoming withdrawn for a period of time.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 07-14-2017 at 02:28 PM..

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 05-18-2017, 08:07 PM

Name: Raven Hart
Appearance:
Black hair, pale gray eyes, 5'6", slim but muscular body. Dressed all in black she wears a reinforced hooded bodice, leather pants and knee length boots. She welds a katana style sword.
Personality: She is a stern loner preferring to focus on training then to socialize with other angels.
Bio:Since she was a little girl Raven has looked up to the Archangels who protect the front lines and keep the demons at bay and has devoted her life to one day joining their numbers. With a demonic virus slowly cropping up among Angels she's vigilant to do what she can to help those effected and stop it from spreading any further.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-18-2017, 10:40 PM

Murky bit her lip, trying not to show just how deeply her nerves affected her. She came this far on her own two feet and she wouldn't back down now. Even if it hurt her in the end. Turning away from her home one last time, good byes already said among praise and luck, she started toward the cathedral that occupied the highest point on this mountain thrust way up beyond the clouds. Beyond that, the pearly gates shone, a pattern against the sky no angel could frown upon. Heaven was their world of peace. Everything should be perfect, but it was not.

Considering she only donned the armor passed down through her family for the first time a week ago, it felt strange against her body. She wore it easily, the lightweight components fitted over a leather bodice and chain mail ringlets clinking softly over the fabric of her skirt. However, she was no warrior. She was of the choir of virtues, but one more than well versed in magic. Since it came down to this, she could fight. After all, the seraphim, cherub, and the Archangels--those of warrior class, were occupied with the front lines.

Long ago, Lucifer became the first afflicted with the demon's virus. He took with him out of heaven, a large following. They and the angels always had their strife, but it remained a stagnant war. Now, one by one, angels started to come down with the virus again. Not even the elders understood why or how to stop it. It was why Murky now followed the white stone path that ended at the carved wooden doors ahead. Who could fight? Who would try to stop this thing that affected heaven? Whoever may volunteer, gather at the cathedral by noon. Knowing just who she needed to save, she climbed the last few steps and pushed her way inside. She may die doing this, but that risk, she accepted already.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 05-20-2017, 03:53 AM

Resting against the outer wall of the cathedral Raven busied herself sharpening her blade to the razor shape edge required by those ordained to hand out orders. Just returning from a fight last night in a grave yard of all places she had nicked a headstone and was worried she had really damaged her blade.

Demons have been slowly increasing their gatherings in graveyards both new and long forgotten for their rituals and desecration of humans final resting places. They have been taking religious artifacts that some are burred with. Why demons want crosses or rosary beads makes no since they are holy items blessed by church and the prayer and faith humans put into them. Deciding that it must be some kind of play to distract warriors like her she plans on saying as much once she's done sharpening her blade.

Quote:

Last edited by FireOnix; 06-11-2017 at 11:08 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-20-2017, 02:56 PM

Her footsteps echoing on the marble floors of the cathedral, Murky felt the sacred silence within wash over her. She'd seen a black clothed figure outside the cathedral, but they didn't make eye contact. It was a strange sight to see and Murky had a place to be. Instead, she suppressed a shiver and turned down a hall away from the higher chapels and the throne room. Where she intended to go, was far less elevated in more than one way. Pushing open a door, she headed into the wide open space that existed underneath the cathedral's first floor, but above the catacombs. Still well lit, it offered an entire world just separate from the pure religious aspect of their society. Here was where the elders made their home and their life's works.

Murky did find it surprising that no other's seemed to be around. The lower ranked angels who devoted their lives to the cathedral still wandered above, but considering the nature of this mission, she expected more to volunteer. After all, hadn't the message reached all across heaven's lands? So, feeling alone, she stepped into a wide room with columns so vast that seemed to disappear at the edges of her vision.

A voice broke through from somewhere on the farthest side. "Young angel, have you come to volunteer?"

Murky swallowed hard and answered. "I have."

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 05-20-2017, 06:31 PM

Catching a glimpse of a girl entering the cathedral she watches the girl enter. It wasn't up to Raven to police who was and wasn't allowed to enter as the cathedral is open to all angels regardless of their station. But noticing how under used her armor is and how scared she looked Raven wiped her blade clean of the fillings produced from sharpening and follows the timid angel.

Following her just to the doors leading to the arbiter. The only being in the heavens that has so much mystery still surrounding it. Some have seen and heard a man while others see a woman, some have seen a group of five dressed in hooded robes while others have only seen a single being dressed in rags.

Angels wishing to join the fight can only enter one at a time so that the arbiter may judge their heart and deem them worthy. Raven watches silently as the girl enters and the doors being to close on their own.

Leaning against the wall opposite the doors she waits knowing that the girl may need support after being judged by the arbiter. Even though all who enter think they want to join the fight more then half are reduced to tears after they have been judged whether it was because they were denied and they must return to their lives or because they were accepted and they must now part with things they weren't ready to leave behind yet.

Quote:

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-21-2017, 03:06 PM

For ten seconds, the disembodied voice said nothing to Murky. She didn't expect a situation like this. Maybe just a board room where many angels would gather and be briefed on their mission. And yet she was alone. It wasn't like she pledged her life to fight for god. She wanted one mission and one mission only because no one else wanted it. Because if she didn't save the people closest to her, then she did not think she could be considered an angel either.

As she finished that thought, the voice rose again around her like wings, but thick, and heavy. "You know the quest that is laid out before you. You alone have volunteered. All else have wavered in their faith, but not you. Even if you must journey alone, are you still willing?" The thing Murky most feared and expected became clear. She swallowed hard before answering.

"I am." Even though her voice sounded frail in the large room, her heart still did not waver. It could not even when she was afraid. Her brother deserved it.

"Very well. Then you will quest in order to find the cure for our people. Yours is not a mission of fighting, but one of hope. What supplies you need will be waiting above. Leave at daybreak."

Murky nodded once and with that, turned away to exit the lower levels of the cathedral once again.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 05-21-2017, 05:02 PM

As the doors open Raven stands away from the wall and watches the girl exit the room and head back down the hall. A soft breeze wafts out of the arbiters domain. The breeze carries arbiters voice that only Raven can hear. Nodding at the voice in her head she turns and walks with Murky back outside.

"You're going to quest for the cure to the demonic virus. You know you're not the first, right? The Archangels are pushing the battle lines right now trying to get to Lucifer's generals and find out why the virus is back now after all this time and find a cure." She says looking at Murky as they reach the cooling early evening air. "This is a dangerous mission you're going to need a trained warrior to go with you." Raven adds resting her hand on the hilt of her sword.

Quote:

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-22-2017, 10:20 PM

Murky jumped when the other girl spoke to her. She hadn't noticed the girl fall into step with her, but after recovering from her shock, she straightened her back, trying to look stoic to some degree. Still, the words themselves surprised her. "Excuse me?" she asked with a tone of incredulity. She turned, placing one hand on her hip. She knew what she heard from the arbiter. "Are you trying to make me feel better? I already accepted that I would go on this quest alone. No army volunteered. All the warriors are fighting." She roved her eyes over the other girl, deciding that was exactly what she was. But she couldn't be of two high of a rank or she wouldn't be here.

Turning away again, Murky continued her way up the stairs. Above, she found a contingent of two young angels waiting--she couldn't tell their gender, just that their blonde hair looked like spun silk over the purest white wings. Acolytes. They obviously waited for her, but Murky hesitated, looking back at the other girl who seemed to have followed her. "Just what exactly are you offering when you didn't go in there and volunteer yourself? I was told I was the only one."

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 05-22-2017, 10:57 PM

"While the archangels push our line forward and further into hell it's warriors like me who fight the demons who get past the archangels or find other ways out of hell. You're right warriors haven't gone to the arbiter to volunteered because we've been busy tracking down and stopping demons from further spreading the virus they bring with them. I'm offering to help you on your quest unless you think you can find a cure while fending off demon attacks." Crossing her arms she waits for Murkys' answer.

Quote:

Last edited by FireOnix; 06-11-2017 at 11:09 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-26-2017, 06:13 PM

Murky frowned slightly, not liking the other angel all the much. She couldn't say exactly why, but perhaps because she assumed that Murky needed help. Or maybe the idea that she was good enough for it. Either way, Murky just crossed her arms back. "And what if I say no?" Despite her words, her tone lacked defiance. She knew she had no experience, but even so, she had the highest level of training behind her. Oh how she excelled in her studies. Shouldn't that be worth something. After a second she deflated, letting her hands fall to her sides again. "Don't you have some mission or job of our own to do anyway? I really am fine with doing this by myself if I have to," she explained. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have a companion, but she wasn't willing to give in just because someone asked her to either.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 05-28-2017, 06:03 PM

"I'm not here to push myself on someone who doesn't want the help. It's an important mission but so is fending off the demons that are currently walking among the humans. Which is what I was doing before I came back to tend to my sword. I meant no disrespect if you can handle it on your own then I will be on my way." She says watching her.

Quote:

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-29-2017, 12:25 AM

Murky was about to push her way past the other girl where she saw the acolytes still standing, looking as impatient and as such pure people could. She was supposed to start at dawn, right? If she could at least collect her supplies and get a little rest, she would be happy and yet this other girl held her attention. At the last second, Murky turned, sighing with defeat. "You would really change your mission just like that? Even though this isn't your task?" Hesitation colored her voice and worry that she might upset some other balance by pulling someone else away from their job. At this point though, she didn't want to say no. "Even if I don't need it, I really wouldn't hate the help. I'm just worried, you see." She trailed off, glancing at the acolytes once more.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 05-29-2017, 02:28 AM

"Our mission is essential the same with a few variations. I fight the demons to stop them from coming here to spreading more of the virus and look for a cure. You want to find the cure. You intend on leaving by dawn then that's when we'll meet. If you're a no show then I'll be on my way." She says glancing over at the acolytes, she doesn't hide her eye roll looking back at Murky.

Quote:

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-29-2017, 09:31 PM

Sighing, Murky nodded her head once before turning away. "Alright. Don't worry, it isn't me who will be a no show. Likewise, if you're not there, I'll leave. I'm Murky by the way. See you then." Her boots clacking against the marble floors, she headed to the angels who had her supplies ready. Collecting it, she gathered the pack and two boxes she guessed held rations, then looked over her shoulder at the other angle once more. Maybe this was a good thing, finding a new companion? Murky wouldn't know until they set out though, so she turned away, hurrying back to her home and the few hours of rest she would get, and probably need.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-03-2017, 12:42 AM

The sky just starting to lighten Raven stands ready and waiting outside the cathedral. The angels who only know her by reputation either whispered to each other or outright stared as they passed by while the ones who really knew her either nodded as they past or gave a wave before going on their way but none came up to her. This was just fine to her as she rarely had anything to say and didn't have time to hear or spread gossip.

Facing away from the cathedral she crossed her arms a simple pack slung over her shoulder and she looked up at the lightening sky wondering if she would have the time to see a sunrise before Murky showed and they headed out. Spending so much time on earth among humans the sunrises and sunsets just weren't the same as they were up here.

Quote:

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-05-2017, 06:35 PM

Murky found the hazy light of early morning a strange comfort to her muddled mind. Her dreams felt less angelic than every before, full of anxiety and a vengeful light that she never saw before. After leaving a handwritten note to be given to her brother after she left the angel's home, she slipped away into the growing dawn. Once again she wore her armor with no visible weapons at her side, her hair this time half pulled back in a fighter's tie. Yes, she was ready.

Almost instantly, she found Raven by the cathedral. "You're here," she breathed out, just a little bit relieved. She settled her own pack more firmly on her shoulders as she regarded the other angel. A part of her didn't believe the girl would show. Despite her words, it still seemed too good to be true and she didn't know Raven. Still, a smile spread across her face, briefly, before she nodded her head. "We should get started before more angel's start to wake and ask us where we're going. I...I don't really want to tell anyone I'm doing this. They would have tried to stop me but it's too late for that, so why bother...?" She trailed off again and turned to look at the brilliant rays just beginning to strike above the pearly gates in the distance, like God's own splendor.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-06-2017, 01:57 AM

She nodded watching her as she comes up and stands near her. "Do you know where you want to start?" She asks ready to follow Murkys' lead should she say yes.

Quote:

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-06-2017, 02:36 PM

Murky sighed, dipping her head just slightly before shaking it. "Nothing concrete. I think there is some to learn in heaven though and afterwards, the information is most likely to be learned from demons themselves and those afflicted. I'm sure...it will be a long journey." She sighed again then turned to start walking. Her heading was south, away from the gates humans entered the heavens through and a path few angels traveled often. It led away from their cathedral home and into the vaster reaches of heaven. "I don't suppose you have any ideas with your knowledge from fighting demons?"

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-08-2017, 12:50 AM

Once you have what you need up here I do have a good idea where to start looking for demons. They might not all have the answers you're looking for but it's a place to start and they should be sent back down where they belong at any rate." She says matching Murky's stride.

Quote:

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-12-2017, 11:50 PM

Humming once in answer, Murky let a silence fall between them for just a minute. Their air felt wondrous, so pure and light as only heaven could achieve. Something like a breeze always persisted, but didn't seem to ruffle her hair as much as accent it. As she thought about the disease, so many ideas went through her head, many of which she already considered, but had no way to prove. "I think..." she started in the silence. "...that first I need to know if the ideas I have already are right or wrong. I want to read some books, find archived information about the start of this outbreak as well as the original plague of Lucifer's time. At least with a list of hypothesis, we can do something when we we interact with demons." Her voice came out surer as she spoke. Already, she knew without a doubt that this mission was a far different one from fighting demons. Feeling her heart clench, she stopped on the white stone path. Could she fight a newly formed demon? Could she kill one who used to be a friend? "Er...should we start at the Great Library."

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-15-2017, 02:07 PM

"Say your ideas now and I will tell you if you are right or wrong because I've seen first hand how the virus is leaving hell." She says surprised that such information wasn't common knowledge.

ooc: Sorry for the wait we had a heat wave, 100+ temperatures. I don't have ac and I didn't want my pc to end up over heating or something.

Quote:

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-16-2017, 05:30 PM

Murky's eyes flashed and she turned, glaring at Raven for a second. "You think you are the only one?!" she snapped. "I know the effects of the virus better than most, but does that mean I want to submit to the prevailing thoughts of they will be demons one day so kill them now!? No one really knows why this is happening. No one ever wanted to know. They just wanted to make it go away!" Silence dropped down with a hammer-like force, surprising even Murky. When she realized her anger, she instantly dropped her eyes turning back to the path with a flush. "A-anyway, we should still go to the library. All the knowledge of the three realms resides there, so..." She trailed off again, feeling unsure of herself once again.

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 06-16-2017, 06:22 PM

"What are you talking about? I was referring to how the virus is being spread not killing angels who are infected." She shakes her head backing away from Murky. "You do as you please I don't need to read in a book what I've seen with my own eyes." Turning she heads back towards the gates ready to return to earth and the fight waiting for her there.

Quote:

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-21-2017, 02:14 AM

The sharp burst of anger still lingering in Murky, but she kept it in, embarrassed by how strong it consumed her, an angel, and that she might have misinterpreted Raven's words. Still, she wouldn't take them back. Angels looked at demons without any kindness. She used to be that way as well, but now the situation differed and she couldn't look at the recently infected the same as the old enemies they always fought. It wasn't the same at all. Shaking her head, Murky finally spoke. "Fine. Someone here needed to think outside the box at least." With that, she turned toward the library and left the other angel. Raven might think the answer looked clear-cut here, but then, why need to go on a quest? Murky would unbury the ancient secrets no matter how long she had to dig.