Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-04-2007, 10:17 AM

Drabble 4: if someone didn't know better

area of the Inn, "Come with
I think... you can replace the comma with a period after Inn.

cute though. xD

Eh... @.@ no time to do the rest. *sigh*

NickO
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-04-2007, 05:46 PM

Good idea.

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-05-2007, 05:39 AM

Nicko - What exactly is a good idea? Give me some feedback :)

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-05-2007, 05:43 AM

Drabble 5: xD Hahaha that's awesome. I love this line: "Did you ever expect to open an orange and find an apple inside?"

Drabble 6: possible for a scientist, inconclusive I think (keyword think. My grammar is really rusty) you can put semi colon after scientist. Scientist: inconclusive.

O.o this one scares me a little? Just a little.

Drabble 7: do and it gives them

Will be back later to do the rest. >>

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-05-2007, 07:46 AM

I feel like I should explain a little bit about Milly since I've gotten a comment or two about how she's a little creepy / scary.

Milly was originally in a rp where there were lots of people rp-ing heroes (many with torrid love affair pasts or emo histories) which absolutely drives me insane. There was also one person who was rp-ing an "ultimate bad person", the obvious villain of the story. However, I never really saw anyone who could actually be some one that blurred the line between good and bad into that horribly dangerous grey.

There's always those people out there that you just don't know what to think of. They do normal things, and often those things are quite good for society or whatever they contribute to, but something isn't just quite right. You can't always put your finger on it either. I find, at least in history, it involves a little egomania or an all consuming passion towards something that the individual finds infallible. If they are convinced that whatever they're doing is helping them pursue that ultimate goal or to please that person/diety/group/thought few things will stop them. Besides that they're very normal people, but the twisted side of their passion makes them into something not very nice.

That's what Milly is for me. A normal person that may be a little gifted intellectually but is blinded by her passion for science. Science is the be all end all for Milly. If science can't prove it, it doesn't exist... there are no other explanations. There's that scary potential for her to go down amazingly horrible and despicable routes in order to achieve whatever goal she wants. She often intends to do very good things, or things that she believe will help the world in the long run but not everyone agrees with her.

She's also a battle to write about or rp. There's always a tension between achieving that degree of scariness of character in a blind pursuit, and still making her seem normal and human enough so she doesn't turn into some kind of monster that will distance her from the reader and cut her off being related to. I'm particularly concerned about this in terms of the emotions of pity, disgust, and empathy. These are a few emotional aspects that I find really important when I write about Milly, as I feel they are partially the key to making her a complete, rounded character.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-05-2007, 07:50 AM

and you're doing a great job about it. xD

I guess I forgot to add to the comment of scaring me that it's also great. xD (It's scares me but it's great. xD Milly is a wonderful character)

Now days things are two genetic and the line between good and bad is just plain black and white.

Gray is the best place to work in. xD

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-05-2007, 08:08 AM

Drabble Number: 10
Characters: Milly Tudball
Drabble List Number: 45
Time: Advanced Neurotoxin Anatomy Lab
Special Notes: This is when Milly was in graduate school.

"I can't believe that people think that this thing is the source of all emotion." Milly stated as she made an incision vertically and opening up the left side of the heart to show the left atrium and ventricle clearly.

"Why not? It's just a symbol for love. Let them think that way." Replied her lab partner, as he swabbed the inside of the left atrium.

"It's more than a symbol. It's almost as if it is their life force, their reason for living." Milly continued, watching her lab partner continue in the process of the lab as she made some more incisions, this time in the right side of the heart, "It's as if they can't separate their emotions from their organs."

"Well that's why you're so interested in neuropsychology, isn't it Milly?"

"Well, yes. If people can't keep a simple organ separate from their emotions, how much more so when it comes to the part of their body that actually controls thought and the hormones that control their emotions? When they can't pay attention to whatever is happening around them, they don't cry out, 'Oh no! My V4 in my visual cortex is broken!', they attribute it to not being interested or the subject matter as being boring. The heart is extremely singular in its perceived relationship with one's emotions."

"You really don't like poetry do you, Milly?" Her lab partner asked, looking up from what he was doing.

"That is besides the point. I am merely saying that this organ right here is completely overrated when it comes to any kind of abstract concept that people thrive on. If people wanted to be extremely melodramatic they could exclaim that being in love made them eat copious amounts of extremely fatty and sugary foods on all those dates they went on, which eventually led to a blockage in their heart, which therefore broke their heart because it cut off the blood flow to it."

"Whatever Milly."

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-05-2007, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito
I guess I forgot to add to the comment of scaring me that it's also great. xD (It's scares me but it's great. xD Milly is a wonderful character)
Now days things are two genetic and the line between good and bad is just plain black and white.
I'm glad you think so :) I usually take it as a positive if I see that people are weirded out and "scared" by what Milly does or says. That's usually my intention. I also hope that I do it in a way that makes it not so obvious that she's doing something horrible or wrong but that if you really think about it, it could be. I'm getting a little better at that.

I'd love to write an entire novel or something about her but I really dont know what it would be about anyhow. I'd also probably lose interest fast. I'm not very good at staying committed to things.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-05-2007, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seripha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito
I'm glad you think so :) I usually take it as a positive if I see that people are weirded out and "scared" by what Milly does or says. That's usually my intention. I also hope that I do it in a way that makes it not so obvious that she's doing something horrible or wrong but that if you really think about it, it could be. I'm getting a little better at that.

I'd love to write an entire novel or something about her but I really dont know what it would be about anyhow. I'd also probably lose interest fast. I'm not very good at staying committed to things.
Well actually her character/ personality is quite good. I like it. It's her actions that creepy me out. xD She the type who won't stop until she gets exactly what she wants, no matter what route she takes. xD Awesome. I think I don't have a character like that just yet. O.o

I think you should try! It'll be a good writing experience. I wanted to try write a story entirely from the bad guys point of view. ^-^

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-05-2007, 10:35 AM

Drabble 8:the underhanded tactics Milly had used. (one word)
major's wife's

Drabble 9: shirt making it all very fish gutsy <-- This sounds a little weird. But up to you if you want to change it. I think I might be picturing it wrong. Fish guts getting on his shirt? I think.

haha xD That's a great joke to pull. xD

Drabble 10: think that way," replied her lab partner, ((make R into small r and change period into comma))

Once again Milly scares me. xD But this time she has a good point. I think she would have loved psychology. xD

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-06-2007, 05:40 AM

Seito - I think I tend to write a little simpler when I'm writing for Mariah since she is a child like character at most times. So my english skillz go down a lot. I think posting late at night also does the trick :)

Milly is a doctor of neuropsychology, so she already likes it a lot :)

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-06-2007, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Seito - I think I tend to write a little simpler when I'm writing for Mariah since she is a child like character at most times. So my english skillz go down a lot. I think posting late at night also does the trick :)

Milly is a doctor of neuropsychology, so she already likes it a lot :)
xD Trust me. You're doing alot better then me. Sycho always is picking up on mines. xD

Yeah. xD I like her way of thinking and at the same time, I see myself getting so annoyed with her. Milly is awesome. <3

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-06-2007, 05:53 AM

I'm glad you think so. I just wish I had an rp to bring her into but I don't want to bring her into anything inappropriate for the character. There's a lot of highschool and medieval / fighting rps out right now and Milly is a modern day type of character that really needs to be in the right type of story to be appropriate. So I'll just have to wait for one to come up because there's no way I have the time or energy to make one up myself.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-06-2007, 06:03 AM

Quote:
I'm glad you think so. I just wish I had an rp to bring her into but I don't want to bring her into anything inappropriate for the character. There's a lot of highschool and medieval / fighting rps out right now and Milly is a modern day type of character that really needs to be in the right type of story to be appropriate. So I'll just have to wait for one to come up because there's no way I have the time or energy to make one up myself.
Ah. I see. xD

Well let's see. I probably can help you make an rpg just for her. ^-^ I like setting up rpgs.

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-06-2007, 06:13 AM

Yea, but then I would make you rp. And I know you don't like that :P

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-06-2007, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Yea, but then I would make you rp. And I know you don't like that :P
I don't. xD That's why I set up rpgs but don't like to partake in them. I'm no good with all science stuff you can make Milly do. None of my characters fit anywhere. xD But I still can help you brainstorm. xD

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-06-2007, 06:27 AM

I'll have to take you up on that some time. Right now I have two other rps I'm participating in on the go so it will have to be in future.

Man, I thought of a good blabble for Suki. I just need to focus long enough to write it down.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-06-2007, 06:40 AM

Quote:
I'll have to take you up on that some time. Right now I have two other rps I'm participating in on the go so it will have to be in future.

Man, I thought of a good blabble for Suki. I just need to focus long enough to write it down.
haha okay. xD I'm always up for a challenge. xD

yay? xD

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-07-2007, 08:04 AM

Drabble Number: 11
Characters: Suki Mai, Haimet
Drabble List Number: 48
Time: Late at night.
Special Notes: The night before a big attack is going to be launched at the break of dawn, the midshipmen of the Glory try to get a little sleep.

"Mai..." Haimet said quietly from his hammock in the dark.

"Yes?" Suki replied, not even the faintest bit sleepy. She had been staring at the cot above her for the longest time that she had heard the bells go from one bell all the way to four bells of the middle watch.

"Do you think much about it?" Suki could tell by Haimet's voice that he had been deep in thought for a long time about it. She knew immediately what he was thinking of but she didn't want to admit it.

"What do you mean by 'it'?"

"Well, you know, with the big attack tomorrow morning, you know life and stuff."

"You mean, death, don't you?" Suki said with a little frown, glad that the darkness concealed the perturbed look on her face.

"Yes. Do you ever think about it much? What it would be like to die?" Haimet said, making a loud noise of shifting his weight in his cot, "I've never really been seriously hurt or seen any one die except for my grandpa but he died of old age. Not from a cannon or a lance."

For Suki, Haimet, and Fellows (who seemed to be sleeping soundly), it would be their first real battle. Most of the other midshipmen, officers, and even the hands had seen battle at least a few times, but for them it was something completely new and foreign. They had joked about battles, practiced their fighting techniques, and learned so much theory in their midshipmen classes, but they had never actually applied it before. Suki could tell that it scared Haimet. It scared her too, but she would only admit that a little.

"I think... I think that death is the same for any one in the end no matter how they die. Their body stops working for some reason and then they die," Suki replied after thinking for a while, "Some people die of old age like your grandpa, some people die senselessly, and some people die with glory and honor. I intend to be one of those people."

"Suki," Haimet started, using the familiar term with her that she knew he only used when he was being extremely serious or intimate, "Do you think you're going to die tomorrow?"

Suki had to think about that for a little bit longer this time. The idea of her actually dying in the battle had never really struck her before. It was a possibility of course, it was also possibility every time she went to bed she wouldn't wake up, but she had never really been bothered to think about it. The odds of her being killed in the action were a lot higher due to her role in the events tomorrow but she had only thought of the glory, the honor, and the strategy of the battle, until now.

"I don't know. I guess I could die." Suki replied honestly, "But I know that if I do I will be doing it for my country and my Emperor. That's the best death that anyone can ask for. I also have faith in the plans of the Captain and the skills of everyone I'm fighting with."

"Paul. I have faith in you too." Suki stated very seriously, using Haimet's first name and turning over in her cot to look at where she knew he was in the dark, "You're a very skilled sailor, Paul, and you will fight with courage and valor. It will be an honor to fight next to you and I know you will look out for me as I will for you."

"Thanks, Suki." Haimet replied, his voice very small. Suki could tell that he was fighting becoming emotional so she kept her voice as hard and as strong as possible.

"You're welcome. Go to sleep. I need your body to be ready to get a few bad guys tomorrow morning."

"Ok. Good night."

"Good night." Suki could hear Haimet roll over in his cot once more and quickly fall asleep into a rhythmical snore. Suki stayed awake and continued to stare at the cot above her.

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-08-2007, 06:34 AM

Drabble Number: 12
Characters: Milly Tudball
Drabble List Number: 75
Time: Late at night.
Special Notes: This set during Milly's time working on her doctoral thesis.

Milly had been typing away at her computer for hours. Her eyes were starting to feel the fatigue and her lower back and her wrists especially ached. She had bought one of those little padded things that were supposed to be ergonomic for her wrists but typing at a keyboard for over seven hours would start to hurt even with special foamy things.

Rubbing her eyes with her fingers, Milly stopped and let her mind wander from the task at hand. She had been revising her thesis for almost a week now nonstop and she really hadn't had much time to do anything else. She was starting to run out of food in her little refrigerator and there was only so much dried cereal she could eat without milk. However, she had never really wanted to tear herself away from the computer for more than the time it would take to go to the bathroom or get a quick cup of coffee. She had even really given up on sleeping for long periods of time because she would dream about things that she needed to fix in her thesis.

Milly looked at her fingers to see if any of the quickly applied mascara she had hastily put on in order to not look like a dead person when she ran out to get a source from the campus library had come off on them. There was nothing there but looking at her fingers reminded her to look at her nails. Turning her hand over, she was a little shocked to see the state they were in.

Milly was never a biter when she was younger and she wasn't one now but since she started typing non stop she had developed a lot of hang nails. Too busy to go to the bathroom and get some nail clipping scissors Milly had just bitten them off and never thought about it again. However, at the end of the week most of her fingernails were ravaged as they had all either cracked from constant typing or had parts bitten off due to hang nails.

"Wow. That's really disgusting." Milly said to herself, peering at her poor neglected nails. Milly never really paid much attention to how she looked and she really didn't care about pedicures and manicures, but Milly knew that keeping one's nails clean was essential to good hygiene and not getting sick all the time. Considering that she had been burning the candle at all ends her immune system was probably near the point of crashing and chewing on her nails that could have one of millions of different kinds of bacteria in them she knew that she had to do something about it.

For the first time all week, Milly gave herself ten minutes away from the computer that didn't involve eating, going to the bathroom, sleeping, or something else involving her thesis to clean, file, cut, and paint her nails with a clear strengthening polish. Then she peed and went back to work.

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-10-2007, 05:35 PM

Bah, I haven't had a chance to write a new drabble recently as I've been so uninspired. Hopefully I can get a few done in the next two days.

Jac
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-10-2007, 09:51 PM

Hah, you think you're having a writer's block? Look at me. I still haven't done my second.

I guess I just like to draw more than write. Poo. -.-'

Your drabbles are coming along well though. You have quite a collection going :D

Edit: OK, did my second. My point remains the same, however! >>''

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-11-2007, 03:26 AM

huzzah! xD You all have writer's blocks!!

*hasn't written one in days* xD Well I actually have five more I can post *pre wrote it* but I'm too lazy to. xD

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-11-2007, 04:58 AM

Well I don't think it's writers block, I probably could come out with something but it wouldn't be anything I'd be satisfied with at the moment. I also have a lot of other crap going on in terms of work so I can never get to sit down long enough to put it out there.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-11-2007, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Well I don't think it's writers block, I probably could come out with something but it wouldn't be anything I'd be satisfied with at the moment. I also have a lot of other crap going on in terms of work so I can never get to sit down long enough to put it out there.
ah well. Then maybe you'll have time tomorrow to work on it?