Disraeli
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Disraeli Send a message via MSN to Disraeli

Old 02-14-2008, 01:09 PM

CURRENT LIST**
001. Don't sit on the radiator (Jezebel)
002. Something fell from the sky (Jezebel, Lamia)
003. Whistling down the street (Aurelius)
004. The patient lay quietly (Carlisle)
005. The cat rubbed against the fence (Andrew)
006. It was the best and worst day of my life (...)
007. She sits upon the shore (Jezebel)
008. The tide washed over his feet (...)
009. Let's make ginger bread! (Gin, Aurelius)
010. I don't quite understand (James)
011. Speak more slowly (Lixxie, Carlisle, Peter)
012. I heard the camera shutter go off (Jezebel)
013. I could hear someone moaning (Jezebel)
014. I think a spider bit me! (Nemesis)
015. The world swayed (Jezebel, Solomon)
016. It was a long way to the ground (...)
017. We rolled down the hill (Carlisle, Jezebel)
018. I think I'm going to be ill (...)
019. We dare not waste a single drop (Aurelius)
020. I thought he was going to shoot me (...)
021. She kicked the soccer ball (Valentine)
022. He looked so fair (Aurelius)
023. I was going to have to get use to calling her my wife (...)
024. The young will never be wise (Machina, Teiall)
025. Here, have this (Dusk, Matsuo, Misericorde)
026. Waiting at the airport (Vanille, Jezebel)
027. I saw some money on the ground (Lamia)
028. She taught me how to whistle (Sirius)
029. The radio blared (Hae-min)
030. I pricked myself on a thistle (Hae-min, Tae-yul)
031. The tapestry was unfinished (Hae-min, Edward, Tae-yul)
032. I never liked needlework (Mhin girls)
033. The colours were rich (Hae-min)
034. You have chocolate on your chin (Aurelius, Xavier)
035. The water was tepid (Xavier)
036. I couldn't find my notebook (Jezebel)
037. He chanted under his breath (Edward, Banshee, Elizabeth)
038. She always said that (Hae-min, Hae-min's eomeoni)
039. They've forgotten too (Hae-min)
040. Go to sleep now (Hae-min, Tae-yul, Gin-hul)
041. A lonely death (Hae-min, peripheral Tae-yul and abeoji)
042. That's a nice umbrella (Nom nom nom...)
043. The rain poured down for days (Hae-min)
044. I can hardly wait (Hae-min, Remi)
045. It was a scorching hot Christmas (Peter, Mhins)
046. We'll make it fly (Kres)
047. Picking berries from the bush (Liadan, Engel, Hae-min)
048. We use to sneak into the neighbours garden (Liadan)
049. She had suntanned skin (Engel)
050. What on earth are you talking about? (Remi, Hae-min)
051. Say a prayer for me
052. He came from the north
053. I barely recognised you
054. She dropped the knife (Hae-min, Moriah)
055. He flashed his police badge
056. It's all too much (Hae-min, Moriah)
057. Let's party!
058. She stirred her Martini
059. Dance, dance, dance
060. I'm in the mood for lovin'
061. We reached for the sky
062. Her face was almost hidden behind the fairy floss
063. Can we ride it again, please?
064. The tennis racket had no strings
065. The paint was peeling (Rose, Sade)
066. It was the perfect crime
067. This is the way the world ends
068. Flowers bloomed
069. We loved climbing trees
070. It was all fine, until...
071. The lights went out (Hae-min, Moriah)
072. Shut that dog up!
073. I see you haven't changed
074. Too late for sympathy
075. I saw a typewriter by the side of the road
076. Of fairies and unseen things
077. It might be worth a bit of cash
078. If you could see me now
079. The duo bowed to tumultuous applause
080. She had a voice like silk
081. In so many words (Hae-min, Edward)
082. Why don't you get a real job?
083. I pulled my coat tight
084. The sun shone down
085. She reached for a cupcake
086. All that had been left to me was the house
087. I was tongue tied
088. I found myself in another world
089. The arrow flew true
090. The compass needle went wild
091. I laid eyes on what I'd found
092. The airplane roared overhead
093. We went onto the balcony
094. I held her close to me
095. We would be heroes
096. She fluttered like a bird
097. The stars crashed around me
098. The jigsaw puzzle was missing a piece
099. She stared defiantly (Hae-min, Edward)
100. There was a knock at the door

COMPLETED LISTS**
0 The Fool (Edward, Martel)
i The Magician (Tae-yul)
ii The High Priestess (Jezebel)
iii The Empress (Martel)
iv The Emperor (Annamalech)
v The Hierophant (Edward, Jezebel)
vi The Lovers (Jezebel)
vii The Chariot (Belial)
viii Strength (Edward, Tae-yul)
ix The Hermit (Edward)
x Wheel of Fortune (Edward, Martel)
xi Justice (Jezebel)
xii The Hanged Man (Tae-yul, Han-yue)
xiii Death (Martel)
xiv Temperance (Tae-yul, Edward)
xv The Devil (Jezebel)
xvi The Tower (Tae-yul, Jezebel)
xvii The Star (Edward, Martel)
xviii The Moon (Belial, Jezebel)
xix The Sun (Jezebel)
xx Judgement (Belial, Edward)
xxi The World (Edward)

Last edited by Disraeli; 06-23-2008 at 03:17 AM..

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 01:19 PM

Card: The Fool
Character: Edward Locke and Martel

When a hole was ripped in the wall that keeps the world from the endless void, it is Martel that he thought of. Martel, mentor, mother, sister, friend- Martel, who sat soulless in a chair, staring out a window at a setting sun. Martel whose hair was silvering, who used to send the two friends to bed without supper when they fought. She taught him everything, so now he cared for the empty doll she left behind when she sold her soul to devils for power. He wished now that he had meant so much as the power she gained.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 01:23 PM

Card: The Magician
Character: Mhin Tae-yul

Everyone flocked to him and begged for him to sell them their hopes and dreams on a silvered platter. And so he did. Tae-yul had long gotten over the lesson he had learned by his teacher’s death, and now strove to teach others that death was not an enemy and there was no way to cure it. Necromancy was his way to honor the effort his teacher put into him. And his demon, Annamalech, who Edward had summoned and Tae-yul had sold his ancient grimoire to for power. All that power had to go somewhere. Why shouldn’t he use it?

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 01:38 PM

Card: The High Priestess
Character: Jezebel

Her name was Jezebel- “not exalted”. Or, if she felt confident that day, it meant “where is my God?” But she was never confident, therefore always not exalted. Oh, how she longed for power, for the secret knowledge that she knew rested just beyond her reach. She came to the shop of Edward Locke like a supplicant, head bowed and eyes to the floor, and she read books, learning the dark arts sitting in a small, cramped aisle in a shop where dust danced in spirals in the light from the windows. It turned the draperies soft in the glow.

xemsax
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to xemsax

Old 02-14-2008, 01:50 PM

Hope it is alright to post here. You drabbles are really great so far! I will stay and watch. ^o^ I am going to add you to my Who Else is Writing list if there is no objection.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 01:55 PM

It's perfectly fine! <3 I'm glad you like them. Yours are really good too, I'm just shy about posting in others' threads. <3

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 02:00 PM

Card: The Empress
Character: Martel

Mother was God, and when God turned away her face, there was no path for Martel but the devils, for the loneliness and shadows of the path into insanity. And she created her own path, spread it to the next generation, to two young men, good boys, who asked her so sweetly for her secrets. Her weakness was her vanity and they shamelessly exploited it, in the study where she taught and outside of it, where their hands intertwined and her flame hair mixed with midnight black and burnished gold. To them, she was God. To her, they were hope.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 08:46 PM

Card: The Emperor
Character: Annamalech

Annamalech had served this mortal man for decades. Not quite centuries, but still too long. But the man’s quest never succeeded, so he was still bound. He chafed, oh, he chafed. How could some mortal control him and make him sign to a contract he now couldn’t break? He remembered the circle and the salt that burned his monstrous claws as he tore at it. Oh, to rip this man, this Mhin Tae-yul, rip at him and tear him apart one small piece at a time as he screamed until he could scream no more. They mocked him. No more.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 08:56 PM

Card: The Heirophant
Character: Edward Locke and Jezebel

He fingered the chain gently, probing the links and pulling on the clips that held his cape fast to his shoulders. How do you address a girl, barely more than a child, who stands before you defiant and confident, saying she wants to damn her soul to hell eternal? Can you say that you respect her ambition and her pride, but you cannot sell her the skull of the priest who committed suicide and dare not teach her the secret arts? Edward stared at her, at the blush rising on her cheeks, saw her fear of rejection.

“Yes,” he said.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 09:12 PM

Card: The Lovers

With her hands on the skull of the priest who leapt from a building, Jezebel summoned a demon. Her words hissed out with her breath, muffled by the dust on the curtains. This would work. It had to work. She could feel the psychic current building up, just as the man at the shop said she would. White tendrils of hair whipped around her face as she told her unnamed demon her dream. Why she summoned him. As she spoke, she could hear a soft male voice, smooth and prideful. Her demon was a Prince of Hell.

And he came.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 09:28 PM

Card: The Chariot
Character: Belial with a hint of Jezebel

He remembered his summoning so well. The sight of the white-haired child, her soft hands wrapped about a skull with a shattered hole, drapery, the burnt offerings. He could still taste the ashes on his tongue. How well prepared she had been, a Circle of Solomon upon the ceiling, salt in the skull where the hole wouldn’t let it spill. He remembered the burning of the salt on his face. She had given him the contract, ordered him to sign, salt burning his skin. He saw her name, Jezebel, the Philistine queen eaten by dogs. And then he signed it.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 09:42 PM

Card: Strength
Characters: Edward and Tae-yul

Tae-yul poured the tea, and Edward set the scones upon the table. The living doll that was their mentor watched the sun rise without any particular expression. Her students sat down in their chairs and looked at each other for a moment. It was, as always, Tae-yul who took the first scone, sliced it open, and buttered it. He had never been so guilt-wracked as Edward himself, who liked to sit still and thought of those who weren’t there before his first bite of breakfast. “Don’t you miss her?”

Tae-yul swallowed. “You know, you make the best scones,” he said.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 09:54 PM

Card: The Hermit
Character: Edward

He twisted a lock of brilliantly blonde hair around his index finger and catalogued the money he had made that day, selling the trappings of the darkest arts. The tuition fees, the purchase prices, without all the taxes he had to pay now, he made enough to live a comfortable life. Abruptly, he realized that there was one fewer pack of incense than he had on his logs; grabbing a flashlight, Edward poked his head into the bins that held the tins of pale, fragrant incense. Instead of a package of incense, he saw a silver mirror. He reached in…

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 10:03 PM

Card: The Wheel of Fortune
Character: Edward, Martel

Her red hair fell to the ground like a waterfall, twisting in on itself. Gently, Edward pulled the brush through the brilliant locks, teasing out the knots. Tae-yul thought it sickening that he spent so much time in service to what was essentially a breathing corpse. Edward really didn’t care. He ran his hands under her hair at the nape of her delicate neck, and carefully twisted it into a simple bun, just as Martel had liked it. As he buttoned up her cotton nightgown, he thought he heard her chuckle. But it was just his mind. It always was.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 10:09 PM

Card: Justice

Jezebel set Belial on the cruel boy at school. She gloried in the pain, laughing when he slipped and cracked his head on the diving board. How glorious was her demon! How magnificent was it to know that no matter what she did, no one could catch her? How could anyone resist the tingling under their skin that came with true power that bore no restrictions? Instead of running her laps in gym, she made a thunderstorm and danced outside in it, hands raised, as the delicious power ran down from the tips of her fingers to her bare toes.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 10:20 PM

Card: The Hanged Man
Character: Tae-yul, Han-yue

Another couple walked away, cradling the child that he had just resurrected from the dead. Tae-yul’s revivals always worked, except for in one case. His dead mentor: Every time he re-created her body, it dissolved upon hitting the air. Or else it had no soul; he was no Orpheus. Her true spirit was eternally lost to the depths of Hell. A lone tear trailed down his face, smeared the kohl under his eye. Black splatters betrayed that he had done this before.

“Martel, I wish that you would return once more!”

He calmed himself and went downstairs to see Edward.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 10:35 PM

Card: Death
Character: Martel

She remembered that last great fall, the great red flash of pain as her soul severed itself from her body. The laughter of the demon, of Lucifer, and Tae-yul’s shout as he called Edward to restrain the creation. Martel knew the tragedy that had caused, tragedy beyond her own torment as she simply… existed here. She brought this on herself. Tae-yul did not deserve it. And Edward, so fragile, did not deserve it. The devil’s deal was made and she signed. Her vow had been made, and if she went back on it, what kind of teacher would she be?

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 10:53 PM

Card: Temperance
Character: Tae-yul, Edward

Edward knelt and looked inside the oven. Just as he’d thought, Tae-yul had left the stone tray inside the oven again. He pulled on the oven mitts and pulled open the door, then removed the stone and put it in the sink. Then he walked away, to wait for it to cool.
Moments later, Tae-yul came along and looked at the stone. It glowed faint red, so he turned on the water at its coldest and, surprised, watched it shatter. “What the hell,” he chirped, throwing up his arms and jumping away. “What the hell.” He frowned at the shards.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 11:24 PM

Card: The Devil

“I can stop any time, so I keep going. Does that make any sense? This power that I have now, it is so strong and I can’t help but notice it and honor it. I feel the pleasure of power trembling beneath my skin and shivers down my spine from the sheer strength of the power that Belial gives me. I can kill you with a thought now. There is nothing there that can stop me. Nothing at all. So, because I can stop, I keep going. Even though I see frightening things, I see more things that are beautiful.”

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-15-2008, 02:22 AM

Card: The Tower
Character: Tae-yul, Jezebel

Tae-yul was restocking the incense bins when he felt a presence behind him, the likes of which he hadn’t sensed since Martel’s mind had burned away. With some crazy kind of hope burning in his chest, he turned, and standing behind him was a young white-haired woman in a black dress. Not Martel, then, because Martel never wore dark colors. But her demon was amazing- he had never seen someone so young with such a monster. “Who are you,” he said. She looked surprised, like a doe in the headlights.

“My name is Jezebel,” she answered. Her hands fluttered nervously.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-15-2008, 09:56 PM

Card: The Star
Character: Edward, Martel

“I never meant to hurt you,” she whispered, cold fingers running down the side of his face, tracing the trail of tears. “Gods, but I loved you both like you were my own sons. I thought I could control it, but… I couldn’t. I’m so sorry, darling. Your pain was never my goal, so move on.” Edward had always been closer to their teacher, he had been her favorite. Now, he could see through her head, a blue fog. It was just a dream, but he... “Why did you do it?”

She didn’t answer, faded away into the night air.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-15-2008, 10:03 PM

Card: The Moon
Character: Jezebel, Belial

Belial watched without concern as the child thrashed in her sleep, kicked her sheets away and clawed at the mattress of her bed. Her lip split and bled as she bit at it, and he wondered what Jezebel saw in her nightmares. He had been around her long enough to know the signs of her horrible visions. Not that he was attached- she was always more vindictive when she wasn’t feeling well, and that always occurred after these nightmares. Reflectively, he smiled. Was it the past, or the future? He crouched in the corner, waited for her to wake up.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-15-2008, 10:09 PM

Card: The Sun

Sometimes she was so confused. The past and the future mixed themselves together in her head, making her sick and miserable. “I don’t know,” she would shout, fingernails ripping red gouges in her pale skin. “I don’t know,” she whispered, falling to her knees. Had that already happened? Or was it yet to come? No, she thought, no, it’s happening right now, I’m going insane. Jezebel turned her head to see the dust dancing in swirling patterns in the light from a filthy window. “Oh god,” she whispered. “I’m going insane.” Or had that already happened? She could not remember.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-15-2008, 10:21 PM

Card: Judgement
Character: Edward, Belial

Edward stood in the room, stared at the demon sitting defiantly in the window. “It’s hardly my fault she’s comatose,” he said. “You shouldn’t have sold her the materials.” The demon summoner stood strong. He knew better than this demon what had caused the tragedy of young Jezebel.

“You gave her too much power,” he accused. “She burned through her mind.”

Belial laughed. “I augmented her own natural abilities. This would have happened anyway, it‘s only more immediate.”

Confused, he frowned at the demon. “Now your contract will never be fulfilled. She can’t release you from it.” The demon’s closed eyes flew open.

Disraeli
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-15-2008, 10:33 PM

Card: The World
Character: Edward

Another living doll joined the household at Edward’s summoning shop; another demon drifted aimlessly, uselessly, about the house. He tended to this one as well as Martel, brushed her snowy hair and put it in a popular style, dressed her in the simple dark dresses he had always seen her in. Tae-yul accused him of a bleeding heart. Edward never denied it. He did cry for Jezebel, just as he cried for Martel. Who wouldn’t? He would never know what the child experienced, why she had gone so far into the power. Jezebel had died, though her body yet lived.